Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

MrWillsauce posted:

Vinereapers are for vines. Battle axes are for battle. :science: :eng101: :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Can we get some clarification on exactly what Basic Toolkits do as far as:

Do multiples stack whatever effect they have?
Does it have to be equipped or just in inventory for the benefit?
Are they being overhauled whenever Tinkering is overhauled?
What exactly is their current effect? +X% chance to recover each bit during a disassemble?

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

S.T.C.A. posted:

Can we get some clarification on exactly what Basic Toolkits do as far as:

Do multiples stack whatever effect they have?
Does it have to be equipped or just in inventory for the benefit?
Are they being overhauled whenever Tinkering is overhauled?
What exactly is their current effect? +X% chance to recover each bit during a disassemble?

code:
                bool bHasBasicToolkit = Owner.FireEvent( Event.New( "HasBlueprint", "Blueprint", "Basic Toolkit" ) );
                int BitBonus = 0;
                if (bHasBasicToolkit) BitBonus = 10;
                string sGotBits = "";

if (!CanDisassemble) return false;

if (Owner.HasSkill("Tinkering_ExpertDisassemble"))
                {
                    sGotBits = Bits;
                }
                else
                {
                    sGotBits += Bits[0];
                    for (int x = 1; x < Bits.Length; x++)
                    {
                        if (Rules.Stat.Random(0, 100) < 25 + BitBonus)
                        {
                            sGotBits += Bits[x];
                        }
                    }
                }
Anywhere in inventory; the chance per bit from non-expert disassemble goes from 25 to 35. It will get a refactor with Tinker.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

What about the random offbreed steel weapons like vinereapers, utility knives, and butcher knives?

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

dis astranagant posted:

What about the random offbreed steel weapons like vinereapers, utility knives, and butcher knives?

They actually do have some hooks in the code, but most of them are not what I'd consider final design and are subject to change at any point, so probably worth just ignoring them atm.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Cool, thanks everybody :lsd:
Another one:
Does the Repair skill actually do anything and if so.. how do i use it? Doesn't show any extra abilities or anything in my screens..

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013

Humans Among Us posted:

Cool, thanks everybody :lsd:
Another one:
Does the Repair skill actually do anything and if so.. how do i use it? Doesn't show any extra abilities or anything in my screens..

You can break artifacts when you try to identify them. I figure that skill let's you fix them, maybe through the inventory screen? I find that items break rarely and npcs can fix them, so I never got the skill before.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
Feature Friday!

*Pistol skill refresh
-Menacing Stare was moved to the Persuasion tree
-Updated power: Empty the Clips (300 sp, 27 Agi). Cooldown 200. For 20 rounds, the energy cost of firing pistols is reduced from 1000 to 500.
*New item: mercurial cloak
*New creature: mercurial
*New book: a parable about covetousness
*3 new master butchery targets
*Whack and trip now have more descriptive descriptions
*Made some significant fixes to the object graph which improves complex game sizes by 50% or more, as well as fixes some very long-standing memory leaks with abilities like fugue and beguiling
*Fixed an issue with buying a new random mutation, and with unstable genome, that would ocassionally cause them to function improperly or not at all

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

I kind of thought Menacing Stare being a gunslinger ability was a nice touch, but I guess that makes sense. Also, I think that Akimbo should be toggleable.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

MrWillsauce posted:

I kind of thought Menacing Stare being a gunslinger ability was a nice touch, but I guess that makes sense. Also, I think that Akimbo should be toggleable.

Yeah, I mean it's kind of a cute relationship to a tropey character but there's ultimately no real tie to pistols, it's just one kind of character with a menacing stare. What if you want to make a very menacing water merchant? We felt like we were being a little overtly judgy about emergent character types, and that's one specific thing we want to avoid, at the cost of a chortle at gunslingers with menacing stares. The ammo change from last patch was actually part of the pistol refactor too, but I had slung it in early by accident.

Unormal fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 2, 2015

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
There should be a rare tinkerable type of vinereaper: the autoreaper, a powered, two-handed axe bound in whirling chain that chews through vine and flesh alike :black101:

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Unormal posted:

The ammo change from last patch was actually part of the pistol refactor too, but I had slung it in early by accident.

Speaking of ammo changes, can we make the slugs and shotshells basic for all tinkerers? It's kind of silly to gate that.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Post poste posted:

Speaking of ammo changes, can we make the slugs and shotshells basic for all tinkerers? It's kind of silly to gate that.

We're deferring any changes with the actual distribution of data disks system/etc to the tinkering refactor.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Unormal posted:

We're deferring any changes with the actual distribution of data disks system/etc to the tinkering refactor.

Got a rough ETA on that?

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

dis astranagant posted:

Got a rough ETA on that?

Noooope. Six day stilt v1 will come first.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

When am I going to be able to play this on my phone

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

When am I going to be able to play this on my phone

We're actively working on it, but no ETA at the moment. We've got the memory usage tightened up at this point enough that it should run on high-end mobile devices, which I wasn't certain about at the get-go. It's obviously going to take serious UI work too, which is also in progress. However, it's a lot to do on like 15 minutes a day so probably 2087.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I'm pretty sure real life will be Caves of Qud by 2087

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

Hoard those crayons while you can.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Made a psychic gunslinger.

probably should have just made him psychic but once i get more slugs im sure those pistols will prove themselves useful.

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

No weapon will come close to your psychic powers by the end.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Slog's Butthole is a thing, I guess.

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

Is there a buggy way to obtain and wield its butthole? I once disarmed a spitting vine and wielded its spitter.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

MrWillsauce posted:

Is there a buggy way to obtain and wield its butthole? I once disarmed a spitting vine and wielded its spitter.

Not even buggy. It's one of the new master butchery targets. You wear it as a bracelet and it halves poison damage.

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

Oh, I thought you meant it in response to my post, as in "slog's butthole is the ultimate weapon"

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

No, that's the flamethrower, with occasional exception for the grenade launcher or missile launcher.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Things that are buggy: Sweep doesn't work. If I use it with a flamer it just fires one shot and goes on cooldown. If I try it with a chaingun it tells me I don't have a ranged weapon equipped.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Angry Diplomat posted:

There should be a rare tinkerable type of vinereaper: the autoreaper, a powered, two-handed axe bound in whirling chain that chews through vine and flesh alike :black101:

:agreed: :madmax:

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I really hope we get bandanas and sombreros first

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.
How about the Telescopic Monocle tinkerers start with? Does it actually do anything or is it just vendor trash?

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Darval posted:

How about the Telescopic Monocle tinkerers start with? Does it actually do anything or is it just vendor trash?

Yeah, it gives a bonus to identification chances.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

amuayse posted:

I really hope we get bandanas and sombreros first

Only if that comes as part of the cybernetics overhaul so True Men can become cyborg ninjas and suplex giant robots to death while wearing a sombrero.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

dis astranagant posted:

Things that are buggy: Sweep doesn't work. If I use it with a flamer it just fires one shot and goes on cooldown. If I try it with a chaingun it tells me I don't have a ranged weapon equipped.

Posted a fix for sweep to the Beta branch.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
The environs surrounding the Six Day Stilt are starting to come together.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Yaaaaay

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is there a viable build where i can have two pistols and temporal fugue i basically want to be the wasteland LAPD

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

You won't have enough ammo til you reach Grit Gate and I hear that might be a one time supply. Even then, you'll want grenades or something to deal with high armor targets unless you want to plink away praying for crits.

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013
Just take Psychometry and enough INT to learn Tinkering, the amount of bullets you get from tinkering was buffed quite a bit. That would also allow you to make grenades.
Force Wall would be quite helpful as well. If it were me, I would get enough INT to learn Expert Disassemble at some point, and take Amphibious so I can take Triple-jointed too.

You can also take just Shank from the dagger tree, to make life easier for yourself.

Force Bubble and Time Dilation may sound nice, but don't take them with Temporal Fugue. All your clones would immediately use it and annoy you very much.

Beeme fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Oct 5, 2015

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

New to the game. How do I use tinkering? I've figured out how to take things apart, and I learned a couple of recipes, but I don't know where the menu is to actually use them.

Edit: Alas, I step outside, immediately get frozen solid by a freeze grenade thrown by a snapjaw warlord, and murderfucked. I will defeat you game!

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Oct 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeme
Oct 7, 2013

Filthy Monkey posted:

New to the game. How do I use tinkering? I've figured out how to take things apart, and I learned a couple of recipes, but I don't know where the menu is to actually use them.

Edit: Alas, I step outside, immediately get frozen solid by a freeze grenade thrown by a snapjaw warlord, and murderfucked. I will defeat you game!

There is a screen dedicated to it, you can bind a key to open it on the menu, or you can open any other screen and cycle through them until you find it. It has a list of your bits and a list of recipes.

And yeah, the early snapjaw grenade is often deadly.