Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Please don't say hosed up mean poo poo like "lol @ chelsea" or "lol if you are a chelsea fan in tyool 2015 p much hth". Chelsea are the reigning champions and deserve all of our respect.

I'm sure there will be like 2 matches this month total due to "international breaks" etc. so lets all come together and discuss how Manchester United never do anything wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Eva is the albatross. Jose's going to be fat and managing Leeds before the year is out

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
This is Chelsea's month.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
http://gfycat.com/EasygoingSlimFrilledlizard

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Advocaat refused to say that he would be managing S'land next match lol.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Man, what happened to him. He used to be so good.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Yeah, that's not a mistake you make because of age, in fact, the more you age you should be better.. unless you are like 40.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Someone needs to head into a Chelsea forum and quote the best posts for us all to enjoy.

Badnan
Jun 24, 2005
When east meets west ... it's DEADLY!
Rodgers and Jose to swap clubs and the entertainment continues

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Xabi posted:

Someone needs to head into a Chelsea forum and quote the best posts for us all to enjoy.

I went on a mission earlier, and all I found was boring depression.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
cracking_plastic.wav

quote:

This team has been absolute trash. Branislav, Cesc, Nemanja, Pedro, Eden, Terry all need to sit. They need to sit on the bench or sit with the U21's and think about whether or not they give a poo poo about the club.
gently caress this. Play some of the youngsters. Some of the real young kids who actually want to be a part of the club. We've bottled the league already so who cares what names make the team sheet.
I don't care if we win matches anymore. I don't care how many points we drop. I want to see players on the pitch that care about the blue shirt they pull on. I want to see kids like Ruben who have been waiting their short 20 years of life to stand under the lights of Stanford Bridge. gently caress this underperforming garbage were subjected to week in and week out.

quote:

Apologies in advance for referencing Arsenal here, but I feel it's relevant.
I used to live around the corner from the Emirates, used to go jogging there quite a lot. On the stadium are loads of pictures of Arsenal legends, each with a biography. The one for Martin Keown tells about how, during one game, he grabbed a teammate who he felt was not displaying the necessary passion, and screamed in his face 'LOOK LIKE YOU WANT TO PLAY FOR THE ARSENAL!'
Those are exactly the sort of players we need now, players who want to play for the club, who love playing for the club, and will drive on their teammates to give their all for the shirt. Right now, we don't have nearly enough of them.
We have a lot of problems right now, but I feel that a lack of passion and desire from the players is the most significant, and most damaging. It's really disappointing that the younger players, like Kenedy and RLC, are actually showing a lot of passion, but aren't being given a chance.

quote:

I'm convinced that by season's end, it'll just be Brana and Cesc taking literal dumps at midfield, and Jose will still refuse to drop them.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

blue footed boobie posted:

Advocaat refused to say that he would be managing S'land next match lol.

I think he'll be "sacked in the morning" as the saying goes. Give the new manager some time to settle in during the international break. Nearly made it difficult by being close to winning a match today.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

corpuscollossus posted:

LOOK LIKE YOU WANT TO PLAY FOR THE ARSENAL!

Pretend I emptyquoted this 100% genuine Martin Keown outburst.

Only two teams in the league have a worse GD than Chelsea, impressively bad defending. Watching them it's obvious their biggest issue isn't even Ivanovic though he's poo poo, their midfield are absolute garbage defensively and the amount of open space, poor positioning, weak tackles and lost balls in midfield is embarrassing.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2_l_cjtIRc

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

gold.

so mad and entitled that he is setting his goon chops on fire.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Let's not forget that this is nearly the same team that walked the league last season.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
Why do people agree to go on these things any more?? Pretty much every one ends up looking like an absolute bell end, almost without fail.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Redundant posted:

Why do people agree to go on these things any more?? Pretty much every one ends up looking like an absolute bell end, almost without fail.

haze in the brain after losing like that, lol

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
if you support arsenal the chels you can gently caress right off

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Crystal Palace are cool and good.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
It's weird that Mou keeps persisting with basically the same XI too. I know they have a ridiculously thin squad, but you'd think ivanovic and fabregas would have been dropped by now.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

what's wrong with his face

Kiger_Soze
Feb 1, 2005
Thin squad with 33 players out on loan.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

excuse me lady posted:

what's wrong with his face

he's English

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Everything about this is amazing.

Chelsea are real bad and yet Rodgers will still probably beat Mourinho to the sack race.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!

Insurrectionist posted:

Watching them it's obvious their biggest issue isn't even Ivanovic though he's poo poo, their midfield are absolute garbage defensively and the amount of open space, poor positioning, weak tackles and lost balls in midfield is embarrassing.

I'd dust off all those journalist quotes from last season fellating Matic and Mourinho for buying Matic back.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

It's weird that Mou keeps persisting with basically the same XI too. I know they have a ridiculously thin squad, but you'd think ivanovic and fabregas would have been dropped by now.

Like I said in the other thread- Chelsea hosed up by not integrating their youth. Their squad is paper thin and there is no competition for places. That's why Mourinho teams aren't sustainable.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Ewar Woowar posted:

Like I said in the other thread- Chelsea hosed up by not integrating their youth. Their squad is paper thin and there is no competition for places. That's why Mourinho teams aren't sustainable.

I'm not sure you can really say this anymore. Zouma has been in the starting lineup a lot this season, and Loftus-Cheek has been on the bench for most of it. They've also had a couple of others around, but those two seem to be the hottest youth talent. You could also argue Courtois is a youth player they've integrated.

Mourinho picks the same XI (with a couple of additions) but their biggest issue is that teams have discovered that if you play a fast counter-attacking team against them they have a paper-thin defence. Once you get around their fullbacks (and specifically Ivanovic) you can get a free run on goal and their CBs are too old/slow/young to stop you.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Mou will just complain we didn't get a penalty, make a face then go and polish his statue of Ivanovich's buttocks in his office.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Also there's a rumour going around that Klopp has already signed a three year deal and it'll be announced tomorrow. Personally I don't see any movement being made until midweek so we'll see if that bears out.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Pretty happy that Leicester have been able to perform without Mahrez today, not sure why he was left out but it's good to know we aren't one injury away from freefall. It would be good if Vardy stayed healthy though, if only so we have someone to take all the pens.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

:laffo:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

lol how are Palace in third?

GJ Pardew

Psybro
May 12, 2002

I'm the Southampton fans in this clip

I love how Baba Rahman who is 21 years old, made one appearance for the Chels so far and wowed everyone in his spell at Augsburg that everyone totally saw, is the answer to their defensive woes.

FWIW Gary Cahill has never been good enough

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

I'm not sure you can really say this anymore. Zouma has been in the starting lineup a lot this season, and Loftus-Cheek has been on the bench for most of it. They've also had a couple of others around, but those two seem to be the hottest youth talent. You could also argue Courtois is a youth player they've integrated.

Mourinho picks the same XI (with a couple of additions) but their biggest issue is that teams have discovered that if you play a fast counter-attacking team against them they have a paper-thin defence. Once you get around their fullbacks (and specifically Ivanovic) you can get a free run on goal and their CBs are too old/slow/young to stop you.

Look how bad Chelsea have been this season yet Mourinho keeps persisting with the same players. If he'd successfully integrated some youth players over the last few seasons there would be more competition for spots and he'd have players available to him that know how he wants them to play. Instead Chelsea spend a ton of cash on really promising players (Salah, Schurrle, KDB etc) and when they're not immediately doing what Mourinho wants they're out the door.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

i lost my poo poo when he turned to face the camera and broke the 4th wall

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

DOOP posted:

GJ Pardew

Pardew is a literal genius and mouthbreathing Newcastle fans are too blind to see that their club is a garbage fire and that they'll be poo poo whoever manages them.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

DOOP posted:

GJ Pardew

Palace have some pretty good players, OP. They're cool and good.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Ewar Woowar posted:

Look how bad Chelsea have been this season yet Mourinho keeps persisting with the same players. If he'd successfully integrated some youth players over the last few seasons there would be more competition for spots and he'd have players available to him that know how he wants them to play. Instead Chelsea spend a ton of cash on really promising players (Salah, Schurrle, KDB etc) and when they're not immediately doing what Mourinho wants they're out the door.

I agree that Mourinho needs to drop some players, but I I disagree about squad depth.

Chelsea need 1 additional defender and a player who can backup Cesc. I don't really think that's any worse than Arsenal who need a striker and a DM. Or City who could use a GK and a striker. I think Chelsea's squad depth is fine. No team would look good with as many players looking out of sorts as Chelsea have right now.

It was a mistake to sell Schurrle and KDB, but Chelsea brought in replacements for them, so it really didn't impact squad depth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
I'm starting to feel bad for the chels

No wait its just gas gently caress the chels

• Locked thread