Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

tsob posted:

I was really hoping to see Mikazuki and not-Guts take down the lead-Graze using just their mobile workers, some insane strategy and a lot of balls. I'm hoping not-Guts (whose name I can't recal off-hand) sticks around for a while too. It's nice having someone on par with our hero in the unit, both as a pilot and as someone with nearly as many injections as he had too - though I do wonder how multiple "whiskers" is supposed to help given that there's only one port in the units by the looks of things.

It looks like they had something put on top of those whisker things, I'm guessing multiple whiskers can handle more data or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I'm hoping the other members of the squad can fill in the creative ways of killing their enemies quota, while Mika just takes point and draws the majority of the fire.

Like the fat kid is clever as hell and has a neat ability to sense minovsky particles.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I hope the princess gets to be cool, and do cool things.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i am the princess and i get to swoon over the hot shirtless boys protecting me

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm really curious where they go from here, because they just basically killed their command and still have a giant X mark on them.

I'm assuming they slowly pilfer the mobile suit guns and attach them to the workers, so they can at least be support in battles.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I think they'll loot and modify enemy suits, plus Orga will get another of the seventy-two Gundams (the Kimaris specifically - I'm guessing he'll end up as the knight to ojou-girl's lady). The Gusion, for instance, looks like a souped-up Man Rodi. The enemy has tanks, too, so I guess that's what everyone else will be tasked with cleaning up.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Woah that owned.

I like that they established Mika as an excellent pilot before he got into the Gundam for a change.

And drat I want the soundtrack.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Phobophilia posted:

Like the fat kid is clever as hell and has a neat ability to sense minovsky particles.

I'd assume he just used a computer/scanner of some kind to find that out, but if he had some kind of implant that let him sense that it'd be cool.

Droyer posted:

Well, while she was very obviously scared she did show a desire to help the kids during the battle, even if only in menial ways sorting cables and poo poo. Which is a good sign in my opinion. She might just be a figurehead for the entire show, but it's looking like she'll get to pitch in mote directly once they start to bond with her a bit.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Droyer posted:

They are super clearly setting up a big arc for her.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Woah that owned.

I like that they established Mika as an excellent pilot before he got into the Gundam for a change.

And drat I want the soundtrack.

Yeah, I really like the main character so far. He's very competent in sort of a scary way, which I guess is going to be part of his character arc.

The guy just doesn't feel anything when killing, which is entirely understandable given how he's been killing since he was a kid

e-I thought we should start Xing off the cast photo as the series progressed but the dude that got kicked wasn't even in the promo pics so I think the cast might be safe for a while

vvv
Try Daisuki, didnt even need a proxy

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 4, 2015

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Goddamit it's blocked on youtube. :argh:

Where do I watch this if I'm Canadian?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I was a bit bored by Augus, because super-stoic awesome soldier has been done to death by Gundam. The problem before is that they rarely evolve out of that archtype in a meaningful way. Setsuna's probably the farthest anyone's gotten out of it.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Tae posted:

I was a bit bored by Augus, because super-stoic awesome soldier has been done to death by Gundam. The problem before is that they rarely evolve out of that archtype in a meaningful way. Setsuna's probably the farthest anyone's gotten out of it.

This isn't the same tho. They showed that he completely relies on Orga for direction. I think that's where we're gonna see character growth. Augus having to make decisions for himself, Orga having to face what he's turned Augus into.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I really like that they showed plants as a symbol of wealth on Mars. The queen had a big rear end green house, the company president had a line of potted plants in his office, and the shop owner had three little cactuses. They put thought into this world

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

This isn't the same tho. They showed that he completely relies on Orga for direction. I think that's where we're gonna see character growth. Augus having to make decisions for himself, Orga having to face what he's turned Augus into.

I thought his brief moment with Aina about the handshake was well done too. Quick way to tell a fair amount about his character

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Tae posted:

He's not the most interesting character, but the way the show reiterates that he's relying on Orga for advice makes it seem like learning how to act more independently will be part of his character arc. It's hard to tell if there's much going on behind the stoicism yet, but stuff like the interaction he has with the princess girl makes it seem like he doesn't have much faith in her whole independence movement, which would show he's at least got opinions on what's going on in Martian society and isn't just a blank face that's good at shooting things.

I like how much effort they put into the little details of the Mars boys' lives being poo poo, and the princess seems not very clued in as to how bad it is for them, in that wealthy person tries to help the poor sorta way that you see a lot in the real world. This show's alright, and I hope it keeps up being good!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Srice posted:

I thought his brief moment with Aina about the handshake was well done too. Quick way to tell a fair amount about his character

Yeah, he's not dumb or robotic, he understood that interaction better than the princess did. It's just that his entire life whenever there's been a big decision, his immediate thought is to ask Orga what to do.

Even after just one episode you can tell all the characters have their own deal, nobody's just their to fill a robot cockpit.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Tae posted:

Setsuna's plot arc was basically a U-turn, though. He starts off super awkward and unable to relate to other human beings, starts interacting with other people a little bit, then evolves into an innovator and returns to being super awkward and unable to relate to other human beings.

I'm enjoying the glimpse into the cast we've gotten so far. Biscuit being super competent and effectively Orga's XO was a surprise that I really enjoyed. I'm not sure I've got a good sense of Orga yet, though. Augus listens to all of his orders without question and the two of them seem to be friends(or at least leader/follower), but I'm wondering if Orga is holding some baggage of his own about Augus; he seems super pissed in the flashback and I can't tell if it's at whoever Augus shot or at Augus for actually shooting.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I guess I'll be the first dissenter here and say that I thought this first episode was kind of bad. The entire thing just felt really, really bloated to me- too many characters, and way too much dialogue. It felt like they literally couldn't go three seconds without somebody saying SOMETHING, and it got to be a bit distracting.

Hopefully I like next week's episode better.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm hyped, the first episode was pretty great and hopefully it won't become terrible halfway through.

I already hate cliché little girl making a bracelet with no personality, though. Unless they surprise me there she's jsut going to be a complete waste like all characters of her archetype.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Daisuke has the outside US streaming tights including the uk I think, sadly last time I tried their website was garbage.
I wish other streaming sites would die I could just watch everything on CR

It is streaming on CR.... starting next week! :eng99:

Guess i'll try out the dasuke streams finally, i know i'd be 100% more interested in it if i could stream it thru my xbox.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Raxivace posted:

I guess I'll be the first dissenter here and say that I thought this first episode was kind of bad. The entire thing just felt really, really bloated to me- too many characters, and way too much dialogue. It felt like they literally couldn't go three seconds without somebody saying SOMETHING, and it got to be a bit distracting.

Hopefully I like next week's episode better.

sorry, but badpinion-havers are sent to work in the acid mines on corporofascist neomars. goodbye raxivace

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Condiv posted:

sorry, but badpinion-havers are sent to work in the acid mines on corporofascist neomars. goodbye raxivace

It was nice knowing you Condiv. Maybe in another life we could have been friends.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The dialogue in which they said their full rank, followed by full name made me laugh. That was so hammy.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I enjoyed G-Reco so this pacing is very relaxed for me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a kitten posted:

It is streaming on CR.... starting next week! :eng99:

Guess i'll try out the dasuke streams finally, i know i'd be 100% more interested in it if i could stream it thru my xbox.

Only if you live in the US though.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Actually, I will instantly stop hating Mek Girl Number 1304 if the guy she likes is literally anyone other than Mika. Like Biscuit.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Tae posted:

The dialogue in which they said their full rank, followed by full name made me laugh. That was so hammy.

I've seen that done in a bunch of shows and it's always silly.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Only if you live in the US though.

"Starting on Sunday, October 11 at 1:30am Pacific Time, users in the following territories will be able to enjoy the latest installment of the Gundam series: United States, Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, South Africa, the Middle East, and North Africa."

....i'm actually not sure if the UK is included in their Europe zone or not.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I spent that entire episode with a giant smile on my face, this is the good poo poo.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm hyped, the first episode was pretty great and hopefully it won't become terrible halfway through.

I already hate cliché little girl making a bracelet with no personality, though. Unless they surprise me there she's jsut going to be a complete waste like all characters of her archetype.

I'm expecting her to get interesting once she starts interacting with the rest of the cast. Her hyper delivery in the preview makes me thinks she's gonna be entertaining.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

boom boom boom posted:

I'm expecting her to get interesting once she starts interacting with the rest of the cast. Her hyper delivery in the preview makes me thinks she's gonna be entertaining.

There's a lot of stuff in this show already that could have been annoying and bad, but it's all been entertaining and good because it's really well made.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I had low expectations to start with but that was surprisingly good. Three of the four lead guys don't seem like cardboard cutouts, the rest of the child soldiers have suitably lovely lives, the sheltered princess doesn't want to be a passive observer, and we're not just retreading the same old space vs earth conflict. I'm optimistic and hope that the show can keep up with all the potential it shows so far.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The main villain is voiced by Takahiro Sakurai (The Medicine Seller in Mononoke, Polar Bear in Polar Bear Cafe) so I already have a crush on him. I hope he is really evil.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

The main villain is voiced by Takahiro Sakurai (The Medicine Seller in Mononoke, Polar Bear in Polar Bear Cafe) so I already have a crush on him. I hope he is really evil.

Who do you mean? I don't expect the main villain to have shown up yet.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The blond earth guy, maybe he's not the main villain but he's the evilest guy so far.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I liked that a lot!

Japan's going to hate it aren't they? And then there'll be a second season where Mika gets psychic powers and a crazy overpowered Gundam and will lament the lack of understanding between people while tonally weird music plays in the background and a third party will be introduced that is cartoonishly evil so that all the morally salvageable characters from Gjallahorn can team up with the good guys and :unsmigghh:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Wait so where is this streaming jn the US?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

everythingWasBees posted:

Wait so where is this streaming jn the US?

Daisuki, Hulu, and (on a week delay) Crunchyroll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

OnimaruXLR posted:

I liked that a lot!

Japan's going to hate it aren't they? And then there'll be a second season where Mika gets psychic powers and a crazy overpowered Gundam and will lament the lack of understanding between people while tonally weird music plays in the background and a third party will be introduced that is cartoonishly evil so that all the morally salvageable characters from Gjallahorn can team up with the good guys and :unsmigghh:

:yikes:

• Locked thread