Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
gently caress you AND the police dad!

e: oh hey its a new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
Police Dad are my favorite punk band.

Bread Dragon
Apr 7, 2012
FWIW it seems like (real) AC/DC is back on the scene as something that bands are cool to talk about and/or sound like. I feel like I've heard a ton of Bon Scott-era references in the last six months.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That Caves record is hot, y'all.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

rear end Catchcum posted:

This is the punk thread not the found my dads records and now I'm into music thread

My dad loves grindcore :(

Kings Of Calabria posted:

There's more but I'm not going to type it all out if there's no gems in that first list. I don't think a lot of this stuff ever got too popular outside of early-00s New England so if they're duds I'll prob take $20 down the record shop for the box. If any goons are interested in buying some I'll make a SA Mart thread. Thanks guys!

I'd be interested in the Orchid records depending on how much you want for them, so I'll keep an eye out for any SA Mart thread.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

NPR is streaming Deafheaven's "New Bermuda" right now:

http://www.npr.org/2015/09/23/441531170/first-listen-deafheaven-new-bermuda

Dylstew
Nov 24, 2013

deadking posted:

My dad loves grindcore :(

I remember when I put on Pig Destroyer while my one year old niece was in the room. It made her quite happy. She also appreciated that Crack Rock Steady beat. Who would've thought?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

deadking posted:

Going to see ACxDC play in the small upstate NY town I live in tonight. Woo!

stop living in pulaski imo

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
New Loma Prieta is streaming here:
http://www.stereogum.com/1833609/stream-loma-prieta-self-portrait/mp3s/

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
wait i shouldn't have said pulaski, waht's a more buttfuck town in upstate than bville or pulaski

fulton

stop living in fulton

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.

it's good

This guy writes good things about 'emo'; http://noisey.vice.com/blog/the-wor...th-harmlessness

Gabbleduck fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 30, 2015

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
the new protomartyr rips

http://www.stereogum.com/1834808/stream-protomartyr-the-agent-intellect/mp3s/

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

dang i can see them again this month

and whores

october is pretty good

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

alg posted:

dang i can see them again this month

and whores

october is pretty good

whores own and i am trying to see them with red fang on wednesday

dillinger four is still very good live

might see off with their heads tonight but idk

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TubeStank posted:

whores own and i am trying to see them with red fang on wednesday

dillinger four is still very good live

might see off with their heads tonight but idk

Off With their Heads are fuckin' amazing live

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Off With their Heads are fuckin' amazing live

yeah it was a great show

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
just bought tickets for three shows:

10/20 Leftover Crack, Days n Daze, All Torn Up at The Loving Touch (Detroit)
10/23 The Hotelier, Oso Oso, Runaway Brother, The Spirit of the Beehive at Mac's Bar (Lansing)
10/24 Harm's Way, The Black Dahlia Murder, Iron Reagan, Maruta at The Loving Touch (Detroit)

gently caress. so loving excited to see LoC again. stza is 40 years old and still kicks insane amounts of rear end.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm assuming Harms Way are not actually the headliner at a Black Dahlia show in Detroit. Also the Loving Touch sucks. But those will probably be rad shows.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Henchman of Santa posted:

I'm assuming Harms Way are not actually the headliner at a Black Dahlia show in Detroit. Also the Loving Touch sucks. But those will probably be rad shows.

they're not, and honestly i've probably been in worse venues

like the trumbullplex during a ramshackle glory show with everyone packed into what was basically a basement, no AC, and ~80 F temperature outside with like 60% humidity

was still a good show though :unsmith:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yeah I mean, it's not so much a dive as it is poorly run and bad sounding in my experience.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So I had a hankering for some BTMI this afternoon and the Keith Buckley impression in "Congratulations, John..." makes me laugh every time and I am glad that Jeff Rosenstock is in our lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa8fEXuJ3gQ

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Jeff really is the closest thing we will get to a punk god other than maybe farren

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Inspector_666 posted:

So I had a hankering for some BTMI this afternoon and the Keith Buckley impression in "Congratulations, John..." makes me laugh every time and I am glad that Jeff Rosenstock is in our lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa8fEXuJ3gQ

my favorite thing about this song is that john never joined etid and had to play that song live for approximately forever

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
Jeff Blowsenstock more like

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
get out

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

rear end Catchcum posted:

Jeff really is the closest thing we will get to a punk god other than maybe farren

What the what?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Don't respond to rear end Catchum

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
Saw Radkey this weekend and they were amazing. They are good at staying in their punk pocket and they have so much energy.

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only Self Defense fan I know

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
Oh, word, you must be their mom.

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014

cf posted:

Oh, word, you must be their mom.

My vagina is too angry for how soft they've become

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

virinvictus posted:

they're the best band goin' right now.

preorders for like 2 or 3 new releases from them go up at Iron Pier today at 2 pm.

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

they're the best band goin' right now.

preorders for like 2 or 3 new releases from them go up at Iron Pier today at 2 pm.

Been anxiously waiting.

Not to mention their tape coming on the 17th?

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014
Got that deluxe package.

Happy that I don't need to also pay for that tape.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
New Saddest Landscape song that I actually really like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRt9itS6ekU

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

found this awesome little Canadian punk band a while ago. a little poppy but with a rough edge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSrDjV_uf2Y

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Anyone going to not dead fest?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

virinvictus posted:

Yeah I dont know which i dislike more, their music or their lovely attitudes. Listen, dont give me a rockstar attitude when you are playing a concrete shed.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

i'm not as much of a fan of this one as the others but it's still a great album, i saw them last year and the venue was so small i was standing on joe's feet, now they're playing a huge venue here that's sold out, i'm glad for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Smash it Smash hit posted:

Yeah I dont know which i dislike more, their music or their lovely attitudes. Listen, dont give me a rockstar attitude when you are playing a concrete shed.

i'm not sure which i like more, both are pretty rad.