Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Paper Lion posted:

the dumpster

gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
surprise surprise, Ryback, an idiot that cant appreciate friendship, rides alone

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Ruggington posted:

yes but consider this

ryback rules

Ryback Rule #1: Ryback sucks

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I just watched the MSG show, what was with that bizarre "let's hear it for the Big Show!" nonsense?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

I just watched the MSG show, what was with that bizarre "let's hear it for the Big Show!" nonsense?
it looked like a retirement spot handled really really badly

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I hope Robo Big Show and The Devil's Favorite Cyberdemon, Kane and a clone of Seth Rollins as he is now are still wrestling when I'm on my deathbed.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Shima Honnou posted:

I hope Robo Big Show and The Devil's Favorite Cyberdemon, Kane and a clone of Seth Rollins as he is now are still wrestling when I'm on my deathbed.

That sounds like the plot to the Doom reboot.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

zakharov posted:

Politics!

As always, it would be funnier without the text in the last panel.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Baron Corbyn posted:

They thought the fans would appreciate his taking the various bumps. They were wrong.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The real reason Ryback rides alone is so he can play his theme music on loop 24/7

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Was... was Rybaxel just a work friendship :ohdear:

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

St Evan Echoes posted:

it looked like a retirement spot handled really really badly

No kidding, I was laughing my rear end off at that.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
http://www.wwe.com/classics/wbf-bodystars-photos

Hope they are floating interest in a return

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

rovert posted:

http://www.wwe.com/classics/wbf-bodystars-photos

Hope they are floating interest in a return

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

zakharov posted:

Politics!

Did someone make a comic calling Undertaker a bad promo?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Was... was Rybaxel just a work friendship :ohdear:

maybe it was real and curtis axel was the ryback whisperer

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

I'd actually watch WBF on the Network.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Same with XFL matches...

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Daniel Bryan says he'll retire if the next doctor WWE sends him to doesn't clear him.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Muddy Burphy posted:

Daniel Bryan says he'll retire if the next doctor WWE sends him to doesn't clear him.

:rip:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Muddy Burphy posted:

If he retires, then it's probably for the best. He's in his 30's; he shouldn't scramble his brains beyond repair just to get jobbed out to Cena for another 10 years.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Muddy Burphy posted:

No he didn't. He said he'll just go to some other promotion.

Bryan in CMLL or NJPW :allears:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Dexo posted:

No he didn't. He said he'll just go to some other promotion.

Bryan in CMLL or NJPW :allears:

Please don't become the next Kurt Angle Bryan. :smith:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Finally, a man to lead Global Force Wrestling through the current wrestling boom.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Looking forward to seeing what vindictive angles Brie gets booked in once Bryan leaves for a different promotion

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

Finally, a man to lead Global Force Wrestling through the current wrestling boom.

He shows up at TNA offices, is turned away by the receptionist because "you're already under contract, Eric Young"

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Erebus posted:

Looking forward to seeing what vindictive angles Brie gets booked in once Bryan leaves for a different promotion

Yeah, they might book her as the pathetic joke version of her more-talented twin sister, the one who eats the pins so Nikki doesn't have to.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

quote:

Would the "American Dragon" be willing to return to the indies if he can't wrestle in the WWE?

"John Cena and I actually had this discussion. He said, 'if something were to happen to you and the WWE, would you go back to doing the indies?' Absolutely!"

His first stop? Mexico."I've gotten this sudden fascination with the lore of lucha," Bryan laughed. The idea of doing a mask vs. hair match is appealing to him, as is main eventing a CMLL anniversary show. Still, he realizes that continuing to wrestle when professionals advise him not to might not be the smartest idea.

"The WWE doctor Joe Maroon [is] amazing and highly respected in the concussion field, and if they send me to a third neurologist who's also highly respected in the concussion field and they say literally no...well, then is it really smart to go against two doctors? I get all fired up...and then I'm like, maybe that's not the best thing for me and my family going forward."

In that case, would he be willing to stay in the WWE in a managerial or commentary position? "I think I would really enjoy be a commentator," he told us. "One of the hard things for me though would be being around it without actually doing it. I mean, I would be under contract still, so it would be one of those things where I would do whatever they tell me; I'm a good employee! But it's one of those things where it's hard for me...the idea of being around it and seeing people do it and not being able to do it."

Here's hoping Daniel Bryan hears a big, giant "yes!" from doctors soon.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Whats the source of this Bryan stuff?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/05/update-on-daniel-bryans-wwe-return

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
lol at all my earlier "Daniel Bryan = Kurt Angle" jokes being the actual truth about him

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Shima Honnou posted:

lol at all my earlier "Daniel Bryan = Kurt Angle" jokes being the actual truth about him

Eh, the fact that he's willing to even consider retiring kinda means he's at least more reasonable than Angle is.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bryan seems like a nice guy who needs a slap to bring him to his senses but it'd probably give him another concussion so no one will do it.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
This is probably reading too much into it but the guy couldn't remember poo poo during that Table for 3 episode. He seems like he's pretty hosed up from those concussions.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

keevo posted:

This is probably reading too much into it but the guy couldn't remember poo poo during that Table for 3 episode. He seems like he's pretty hosed up from those concussions.

I'm actually at a point where I actively want him to find something else to do with his life. And I know he's not gonna want to leave wrestling, so maybe he could open a wrestling school. Or try to find a job with developmental. Or do like the article mentioned and be a color commentator, that time where he couldn't stop talking about bears on Saturday Morning Slam was great.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

CMLL is the only place that might book him worse than WWE

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

CMLL is the only place that might book him worse than WWE

With the possible exception of TNA should they get an 11th hour reprieve, but it seems unlikely

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Eh, the fact that he's willing to even consider retiring kinda means he's at least more reasonable than Angle is.

That seemed like him just saying the right thing to me.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Muddy Burphy posted:

That seemed like him just saying the right thing to me.

That's quite possible, but his book made it sound like he was getting sorta disillusioned about the effect being a wrestler has had on his ability to spend time with his family. The story about the last time he saw his dad broke my heart.

I fully realize that me taking that statement seriously is mostly, if not completely, wishful thinking on my part, but he seems like an okay guy in a business full of shitheads, and I don't wanna see him die super young because he didn't get out at the right time.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

El Gallinero Gros posted:

but he seems like an okay guy in a business full of shitheads, and I don't wanna see him die super young because he didn't get out at the right time.

did you watch table for 3? he literally tortured the ryback

• Locked thread