Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

TheWordOfTheDayIs posted:

is that jersey..... a map?

yeah looks like a topographical map, kinda like what Army did with those "Battle of the Bulge" uniforms a couple years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Christian LeMay
Brice Ramsey
Jacob Park
Faton Bauta

Those were our stop-over plans between Murray and Jacob Eason, and all have been various degrees of bust ranging from "vaguely serviceable backup" in Ramsey to "I think he might be dead now" in LeMay. It's not as if these are random dudes, either; LeMay had all manner of hype when he left high school early and Bamal was interested in Ramsey for a spell.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

My girlfriend has a bachelorette party this weekend, my best friends are going to Austin for ACL, and A&M is on a bye week. It's the perfect weekend to buy a case of beer, never change out of sweatpants, and watch football on 3 screens with no social responsibilities.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Bye couldn't be timed better for the Aggies, we get two weeks to prepare for Bama while they have to get beat up by Arkansas' fat rear end linemen next week.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Good news for Mizzou.

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
Sooners looked good on Saturday, and I finally didn't get sunburned!

- I don't remember ever seeing that many flags in a single game, ever.
- Mayfield is the real deal. 320 yards passing against one of the best pass defenses in the country is enough to assuage my reservations about the shift to air raid this year. Wish we hadn't stagnated with the passing game during the second half as much as we did.
- O line hasn't been great at making holes for the backs. Perine only getting 65 yards all game bums me out.
- D line continues to not look as tight as they should be, broken coverage, etc.

Overall, I'm cautiously optimistic about the season.

Quandary posted:

Honestly I am so loving nervous about this weekend. Not only would a loss be miserable, but we would literally never hear it down.

This. It historically hasn't mattered how bad Texas or OSU might be in a given season, they almost always show up to play OU.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LeeMajors posted:

Good news for Mizzou.

I wonder what he did.

Lock played better than Mauk but they were super careful all day against a bad defense. It'll be interesting to see how he handles/they gameplan for a better one.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

TheWordOfTheDayIs posted:

It wasn't even a "call." It was misplaced field markers. And it didn't even decide the outcome of the game. It was a 3rd down play and K State gave up a 25 yard completion the very next snap. Why is this such an injustice?

e: Whats sad is that Mason Rudolph went 10/14 on passes on 3rd and 4th downs, all resulting in 1st down conversions. But no one will remember that, just :argh: refs!

It was 3rd & 23. K-State gave up 19 yards and Oklahoma State was given a 1st down rather than it being 4th and 4. Oklahoma State scored on that drive and ended up winning by 2. That's... kind of a big deal.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

Thoguh posted:

It was 3rd & 23. K-State gave up 19 yards and Oklahoma State was given a 1st down rather than it being 4th and 4. Oklahoma State scored on that drive and ended up winning by 2. That's... kind of a big deal.

drat racist refs

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Thoguh posted:

Wait, what? Did they even measure it? Maybe in addition to being racist against Texas the Big 12 officials are ageist against Kansas State.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
You just kinda have to accept that bad officiating decisions are a part of the game. Even if refs are right about 99.5% of their calls, if it's a one score game then one bad decision can swing the result one way or the other. Over a long enough period of time, you'll get as many bad decisions in your favor as you do against you. Doesn't make it not sting, but I'm not sure if anything can really be done about it. At least not until technology advances to the point where we can replace refs with computers.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
There's rumors that Mauk is suspended for the entirety of Mauktober. He's gotta be looking up the best obscure graduate school options.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Pakled posted:

Over a long enough period of time, you'll get as many bad decisions in your favor as you do against you.

The current TFF narrative is that Texas hasn't gotten any calls against them until this season.

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

Blessed with an unmatched sense of direction

Thoguh posted:

It happened in the first half of the game (as opposed to a 4th quarter double-:flag: against Texas), and OSU would have almost certainly converted the 4th and 4 on that drive (with a 25 yard pass completion). Ok State scored 2 more touchdowns and a field goal after that to win the game. I don't see how it was that big of a deal.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Apparently Penn State is an 8 point favorite over Indiana

lol

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Really though, how did Ndemkiche totally disappear against UF when he single handedly destroyed Alabama's OL?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DOOP posted:

Apparently Penn State is an 8 point favorite over Indiana

lol

If Sudfeld's and Howard are out, that's fair

Also DJExile how's Dave Clawson at developing quarterbacks because Kendall Hinton has the potential to be real real good

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Groucho Marxist posted:

There's rumors that Mauk is suspended for the entirety of Mauktober. He's gotta be looking up the best obscure graduate school options.

Gonna be quarterbacking at Drury

edit: apparently they don't even have football there. Pretend I put Missouri State instead.

edit2: They have BASS FISHING at Drury, but not football.

the mean lunch lady fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 5, 2015

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Frackie Robinson posted:

Bye couldn't be timed better for the Aggies, we get two weeks to prepare for Bama while they have to get beat up by Arkansas' fat rear end linemen next week.

That starts our stretch. While we play you, Tennessee gets a bye. Then Bama and LSU both get their byes before having the Run The Dang Bowl

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Alright. Oregon. I usually like your alternates.

But c'mon.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
McElwain's early success is making Muschamp look like even more of an awful coach. I didn't even think that was possible.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Groucho Marxist posted:

What did he do?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Lewis and Clark uniform?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Alaois posted:

Also DJExile how's Dave Clawson at developing quarterbacks because Kendall Hinton has the potential to be real real good

Very drat good. Matt Johnson is blowing it up under Babers but he was Dave's recruit and pet project.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

tactlessbastard posted:

What did he do?

Nobody knows

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DJExile posted:

Very drat good. Matt Johnson is blowing it up under Babers but he was Dave's recruit and pet project.

On that note, Matt Johnson looks like he's aged 20 years in the time he's been at BGSU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Alaois posted:

On that note, Matt Johnson looks like he's aged 20 years in the time he's been at BGSU

Hahahaha he really does

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Alaois posted:

Yeah agreed. Howard getting hurt was a real bummer, he's been really good this year and when he tried to play through whatever the injury was against OSU he couldn't get anything. And their backup QB is fast but he can't pass the ball well at all. Sudfeld isn't great but when he got hurt last year they went completely to poo poo, even with Coleman playing at a Heisman caliber level.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Before:

After:

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

A bye week is as good as a win for UVa.

Also I watched VT lose to Pitt, so, that was cool.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
N: Washington plays USC on Thursday night in front of a national audience

V: Well, we have pulled some pretty big upsets on Thurs- wait, that was when Sark was...oh god this is gonna be a massacre :suicide:

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

“I feel like he did the right thing and that’s my man, Coach Mac.” -Kelvin Taylor

yelling like a maniac is a cool and good thing as long as you don't do it constantly like Muschamp?

I love Will Muschamp.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

tactlessbastard posted:

What did he do?

Pinkel has never demoted a healthy quarterback and Mauk sucks, so...

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

When did I start playing football?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

tactlessbastard posted:

What did he do?

Said bad things about Skyline. People there don't want to hear the truth.

elcapjtk
Mar 14, 2005
Some people say I am a terrible person.

RumbleFish posted:

Pinkel has never demoted a healthy quarterback and Mauk sucks, so...

https://www.seccountry.com/missouri/report-missouri-qb-maty-mauk-to-remain-suspended-for-florida
http://www.rockmnation.com/2015/10/5/9454297/sources-maty-mauk-suspended-at-least-one-more-game

Its been confirmed he's out for Florida, with rest of the month just now brought up. The rumor milling here has been rampant, up to and including some hard drug use.

The roommate, Cueller, is slated to be back for Florida.

elcapjtk fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 5, 2015

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

The most extreme rumor is that he was selling coke but if that happened I can't imagine him only being suspended

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

MourningView posted:

Yeah agreed. Howard getting hurt was a real bummer, he's been really good this year and when he tried to play through whatever the injury was against OSU he couldn't get anything. And their backup QB is fast but he can't pass the ball well at all. Sudfeld isn't great but when he got hurt last year they went completely to poo poo, even with Coleman playing at a Heisman caliber level.

Didn't know that

We might have a chance after all

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

New 4th and Short is out :dukedog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gotta love that corg

• Locked thread