Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Ross Angeles posted:

Please don't support people ever watching or supporting the loving triple option

This is so wrong

Triple Option for lyfe. gently caress the forward pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

AsInHowe posted:

The problem here is that you're going to an empty NFL stadium, which isn't even fun when full.

Cool, I'll just... tell SDSU to go play in a smaller stadium that doesn't exist? Not sure what you're getting at here. I've been to USC games at the Coliseum and it wasn't nearly as fun as the pro games I've been to.

I go to Chargers games all the time and they're really fun, so different strokes I guess

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Look at all the inadvertentness

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Grittybeard posted:

The triple option is the most beautiful thing in football when it's working.

It's the ugliest thing in football when it isn't working.

Hey the triple option took my high school to the state finals don't you dare besmirch it *runs for four touchdowns in a single game*

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ross Angeles posted:

Cool, I'll just... tell SDSU to go play in a smaller stadium? Not sure what you're getting at here.

I go to Chargers games all the time and they're really fun, so different strokes I guess

The stadium doesn't matter if it's full and you have some way to tailgate. Not being able to fill the stadium which might be a problem for SDSU hurts.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

AsInHowe posted:

Minnesota's not that bad, and can actually make something of themselves in a weak division. They aren't perpetually doomed like Rutgers and Maryland or something. Minnesota's actually on the rise.

Heck yeah, beating Ohio [not state] on a last minute penalty, getting blown out and shut out by Northwestern, and barely escaping something called Colorado State as Jerry Kill has a meltdown to the media is being on the rise.

Grittybeard posted:

The stadium doesn't matter if it's full and you have some way to tailgate. Not being able to fill the stadium which might be a problem for SDSU hurts.

What can they do? Build a stadium?

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Triple option and other wonky gimmicks from 70 years ago makes college football fun.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Jerry Kill has a meltdown seizure

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

What can they do? Build a stadium?

I was agreeing with him while saying SDSU is kind of screwed either way :( Unless they have a lot more money than I'm guessing they do.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Heck yeah, beating Ohio [not state] on a last minute penalty, getting blown out and shut out by Northwestern, and barely escaping something called Colorado State as Jerry Kill has a meltdown to the media is being on the rise.

You're not Rutgers or Indiana.

Also, Jerry Kill has never been suspended for beating an infant in the scrotum until the child bleeds.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

AsInHowe posted:

You're not Rutgers or Indiana.

Also, Jerry Kill has never been suspended for beating an infant in the scrotum until the child bleeds.

I mean, we can always pull the UAB or Penn State card here.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
stop talking about college football

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I was agreeing with him while saying SDSU is kind of screwed either way :( Unless they have a lot more money than I'm guessing they do.

We spent it on a new Basketball practice facility. College hoops rule.

There has been talk about building a smaller (25-30k) stadium on campus and maybe partnering with a MLS team if the Chargers move to LA.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I mean, we can always pull the UAB or Penn State card here.

I agree, I can't believe a children's charity run by Matt Millen could end so badly.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
There is no difference between Alex Smith and Matt Cassel.

They are the same person.

There is no way other teams were going to pay Alex Smith so high that the Chiefs had to pay what they paid not to lose him.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
well, you can pretty much guarantee that kj wright won't bat a ball ever again

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Also it must be cool going to a stadium that houses 110K people

Also has a stanley cup owning hockey team

And a winter classic

:smithcloud:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Also it must be cool going to a stadium that houses 110K people

Also has a stanley cup owning hockey team

And a winter classic

:smithcloud:

Yeah, it's all pretty great, it really is.

But hey, we tried to get Parise and Suter, and they went to Minnesota

Nov 6, 2002

BatGate or BounceGhazi?

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!

Sweeper posted:

well, you can pretty much guarantee that kj wright won't bat a ball ever again

I guarantee no one will and suddenly it'll be called even when it's inadvertent.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

NC-17 posted:

BatGate or BounceGhazi?

There's a really, realy tasteless Chargers joke to make here, but I won't do it.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Sent from my iPad posted:

Look at all the inadvertentness

Lotta priceless faces in the background.

Nov 6, 2002

Hmmm..

quote:

Rule 12-4-1(a) explains that an illegal bat occurs if “a player of either team bats or punches a loose ball in the field of play toward his opponent’s goal line. While Rule 12-4-1(a) doesn’t expressly require intent, Rule 3-2-5(g) defines illegal batting as “the intentional striking of the ball with hand, fist, elbow, or forearm.”

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
News: Seahawks got lucky and got away with one.
Views:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The rule for the endzone is section b.

Nov 6, 2002

Skip to 2:40 on the vid below to see the last time a batting the ball penalty came into play with hilarious results causing Joe Philbin to nearly show human emotion.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013102703/2013/REG8/dolphins@patriots#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap2000000270974&tab=recap

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Dang and I thought ruling the Kelce fumble as stands, while the replay shows him clearly being down, was bad.

Why are the refs still part time :psyduck:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I wish KJ Wright had bicycle kicked it out the back of the end zone.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

AsInHowe posted:

Yes.

Seriously though, besides "it's deeply ingrained in people", what makes the NFL entertaining? It's horribly corporate and generic, and ultimately everything is about some stupid media-driven bullshit that isn't even about the actual game.

I don't care about a league-initiated witch hunt for a star player. I don't care about a grandstanding doofus who only cares about profits but is too dumb to actually create a worthwhile product. And I especially don't care for games that come down to something stupid rather than the actual game and actual teams.

I'd much rather care about college football, where it is at least fun even when your team is bad, and it's awesome when your team is good. Even a bad college football game is fun to go to, and the variety in the teams makes everything interesting and fun. Teams and schools actually have a personality. And, when Michigan plays Michigan State in two weeks, it's most likely going to come down to the actual game on the field, instead of something stupid deciding the outcome to take all fun away.

This is the ultimate cry baby post and I actually side with you on the idea that Detroit has been screwed and was screwed tonight. Haha man.

You're also acting like bad calls that are 100 times worse don't happen in college. Also if the college football team you root for is bad its awful. Especially if the "Personality" of your school is a senior citizen home run by a pervert.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Oct 6, 2015

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

AsInHowe posted:

I'd much rather care about college football, where it is at least fun even when your team is bad,

That's a negative, captain

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

be like me and attend a school with a DIII team so you can root for whatever the hell D1 team you feel like

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Or be like me where you root for WSU and pitch black as you fall into the endless night.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Alaois posted:

be like me and attend a school with a DIII team so you can root for whatever the hell D1 team you feel like

I do, still cheer for a bad one :saddowns::coffee:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Alaois posted:

I went to a D1 school and root for two D1 schools :cool:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I do, still cheer for a bad one :saddowns::coffee:

oh that's why you hate Mankato so much

vvv:just like everyone else who's attended EMU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I attended Eastern Michigan and I don't give a rat's rear end about college ball.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
NFL or NCAA, you'll like whichever one your team is good in.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I really feel bad for Lions' fans. Thats the difference between a 5 win season and a 6 win season. Sorry you guys are drafting 13th instead of 10th.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lessail posted:

NFL or NCAA, you'll like whichever one your team is good in.

What if your team is bad in both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Ross Angeles posted:

What if your team is bad in both

Then start rooting for the All Blacks.

• Locked thread