Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The boss knight vote was kinda dumb because they did it before they'd even designed all the knights.

The playable-boss voting was just short of five months after they posted the last of the Knight reveals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fuzz posted:

She is totally down with the beak, but I'm not at all surprised that a goon wouldn't pick up on the fact that she's flirting with him.

This is particularly funny when the entire joke is that she isn't flirting with him, she thinks he is flirting with her. Every single one of her quotes is basically "You're not my type, maybe you can change that?!"

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Peep the credits, yo. Potion lady & horsedude is canon.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the love lives of sprites

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Shaezerus posted:

The playable-boss voting was just short of five months after they posted the last of the Knight reveals.
I still wish the Enchantress had won a spot somehow.

Sergeant Hobo
Jan 7, 2007

Zhu Li, do the thing!
Well, I did it. I managed to play through the entire Plague Knight campaign.

I got a feel for the jump -> burst -> double jump combo but never anything beyond that (and even that was a challenge on the rising room in Tower of Fate: Ascent). I died more than I did with Shovel Knight the first time through but my mental blocks or whatever went away with the more stuff I purchased, particularly the Float Burst. It was also telling that I was getting better/more powerful when I got through most of the bosses in one go (like the boss rush) but I think Plague Knight's move-set made things almost too easy in some respects.

Will I do NG+? Maybe some day. I have a Shovel Knight Perfect Platformer & Impossible! run to do first.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Oh man, I didn't realize Plague Knight could recruit the wandering heroes! I already let one of 'em go and they don't respawn. :smith:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Oh man, I didn't realize Plague Knight could recruit the wandering heroes! I already let one of 'em go and they don't respawn. :smith:

Nah, he can only recruit Baz.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Dr. Fetus posted:

Nah, he can only recruit Baz.

And he will conveniently steal potions from the Magicist for you after you kill a boss.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
And NG+ finished. I have plagued all the knights there are to plague. My strategy ended up being to not worry about damage since you're bouncing all over the screen anyway and instead massively abuse the vat and the leech liquid. Goddamn Propeller Knight still took forever now that they patched out the infinite bomb jump trick.

Based on the ending I'm guessing Specter Knight is up next? Which will probably be like more than a year from now. Why do awesome games have take so long to make?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I just got the Vat. Tips for how to Vat well?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

Equip vat.

Are you falling and don't have charge up? Y/N

If Y then Vat.

If N then no vat.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

If you vat too close to a ceiling you fall through the vat, so don't do that.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Being able to Make A Platform in a Game About Platforms is really powerful, it turns out.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Goddamn Propeller Knight still took forever now that they patched out the infinite bomb jump trick.

did you not have the float bomb casing

like the fact that he can parry your bombs on the ground is really annoying but that's when you jump up like a big weird stork and start pelting him from above

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
The boss challenges have some interesting loadouts for the fights, they put some thought into it.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

like the fact that he can parry your bombs on the ground is really annoying but that's when you jump up like a big weird stork and start pelting him from above

Plague Knight is the best thing. I finally got the ability to dance.

First thing I did was go show Mona. Oh my gaaaaaaaaaaaawd. If anyone has not tried to do this, GO DO IT RIGHT NOW. It is the most adorable thing ever! :3:

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

I never got the hang of the float casing, somehow it felt like i could never figure out the arc to hit things with it. I sure did jump up and pelt him from above a lot though.

Sergeant Hobo
Jan 7, 2007

Zhu Li, do the thing!

Omnomnomnivore posted:

I never got the hang of the float casing, somehow it felt like i could never figure out the arc to hit things with it. I sure did jump up and pelt him from above a lot though.

I didn't use anything beyond the bounce and lob casings. I think I also used the quick fuse nearly exclusively when I got it. The bosses were easy enough with what I used but I'm guessing there are places in the levels that other combos can really shine?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Goddamn Propeller Knight still took forever now that they patched out the infinite bomb jump trick.

After reading this thread and learning that his hitbox is only his head, I just made sure to use the Orbit Casing for my bombs, and I beat him on the first try. As a bonus, that casing also works when he's floating up above if you burst jump towards him.

The float casing is surprisingly probably the least useful, I can only count a few times where it's been better than anything else.

EDIT: I had to re-do the Tower: Ascent level because I missed the three coins to the left of the starting screen. :sigh: On the bright side, I managed to redo it with no deaths at all.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Oct 2, 2015

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
How does Plague Knight beat the Enchantress?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

How does Plague Knight beat the Enchantress?

He has a different final boss.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

ImpAtom posted:

He has a different final boss.

Which I can't get to because I am dying to the Enchantress. I could continue to try and muddle through, but I thought I would ask for some tips to make my life easier.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Oct 2, 2015

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Prioritize staying alive, use combos that don't blow up the ground like Lob/Sentry.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Which I can't get to because I am dying to the Enchantress. I could continue to try and muddle through, but I thought I would ask for some tips to make my life easier.

Ah, misunderstood.

Just focus on staying alive. Use grenades that don't damage the ground and when she goes under just play defensively.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Alternatively: to defeat the enchantress, hit her with the cluster bomb until she dies. You get a health refill before the next boss so just tank her.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Okay, thanks. I'm on to the final boss. I used Lob, Quick Fuse and Cluster powder on the Enchantress stage.

gently caress the final boss, the final boss is BULLSHIT. EDIT: Oh, damaging the bottom half DOES do something! Well okay, now that I know that, that's much easier. EDIT 2: Once I knew that, I beat the boss on the next attempt.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 2, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The XB1 retail release may no longer be a thing, apparently - lots of people are being sent pre-order cancellation notices for that specific SKU. Hmmm.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I'm playing plague knight or whatever its called, and just beat the level where you fight all the bosses. I read earlier in this thread about some armor you can get that prevents being knocked back when hit. What is this and where do I buy it? I am kinda confused by the overworld too.

I am loving this game too. Its awesome.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

I'm playing plague knight or whatever its called, and just beat the level where you fight all the bosses. I read earlier in this thread about some armor you can get that prevents being knocked back when hit. What is this and where do I buy it? I am kinda confused by the overworld too.

I am loving this game too. Its awesome.

You need to repair the catapult. You'll be launched into town where you can buy a Troupple Chalice. Take it back to the Trouple King and you can buy armor.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

You need to repair the catapult. You'll be launched into town where you can buy a Troupple Chalice. Take it back to the Trouple King and you can buy armor.

Ok i had done that but didn't buy the chalice. Where is the Trouple King?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

Ok i had done that but didn't buy the chalice. Where is the Trouple King?

He should be in the same place he is in Shovel Knight's campaign once youh have the chalice. (The lake near the first town.)

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

He should be in the same place he is in Shovel Knight's campaign once youh have the chalice. (The lake near the first town.)

I have mild to severe brain damage and can't remember anything from that long ago but I am working through it thanks for the help.

Any other upgrade things i should stock up on before the final boss? I haven't bought many cause i never finished with much money or coins. So I am playing the tutorial level to farm money. is there a better way? Sorry for all the questions

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

I have mild to severe brain damage and can't remember anything from that long ago but I am working through it thanks for the help.

Any other upgrade things i should stock up on before the final boss? I haven't bought many cause i never finished with much money or coins. So I am playing the tutorial level to farm money. is there a better way? Sorry for all the questions

Generally you can get good money just by replaying stages and finding song sheets you can trade back at home base for 500/pop. In terms of upgrades there's nothing must-have but grabbing the 10-potion upgrade and any bomb upgrades you can isn't a bad idea.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
So, are they releasing physical copies of the game next month? I already have the GOG version and a digital copy on the Wii U, but the GOG one was a gift and I only paid a tenner for the Wii U version. Given that and also that I wasn't involved in the kickstarter, I'd like to get the devs some more money. So, if I'm reading this right, I'll plump for a 3DS cartridge in about four weeks.

This is assuming that physical copies are compatible with the Plague Knight DLC and all other updates, which seems to be quite clearly stated on the front page.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

JustJeff88 posted:

So, are they releasing physical copies of the game next month? I already have the GOG version and a digital copy on the Wii U, but the GOG one was a gift and I only paid a tenner for the Wii U version. Given that and also that I wasn't involved in the kickstarter, I'd like to get the devs some more money. So, if I'm reading this right, I'll plump for a 3DS cartridge in about four weeks.

This is assuming that physical copies are compatible with the Plague Knight DLC and all other updates, which seems to be quite clearly stated on the front page.

I dunno, man, you may only get, like, an hour out of enjoyment out of that cartridge, and I'm not sure it'd be worth the money.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

JustJeff88 posted:

Yes, it's getting a retail release for Wii U, 3DS, PS4 and maybe XB1 and it may or may not come with a soundtrack CD.

All the Plague Knight content will come pre-installed and you'll be able to download all the other free updates as they're released.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I want a Shovel Knight amiibo to put next to my Squid Kid amiibo.

Both SK. Wake up, Nintendo fans.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Bogart posted:

I want a Shovel Knight amiibo to put next to my Squid Kid amiibo.

Both SK. Wake up, Nintendo fans.

End of the year, son:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

gently caress that I want a Plague Knight one.

• Locked thread