Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

igtr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
honestly jealous of liverpool getting klopp

also the fact that he's willing to take the job when he could have pretty much any job in football is another thing to be impressed by imo

yall know i hate liverpool but this is a brilliant signing

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Klopp will be a good signing imo but I take solace in the fact he's inheriting a poo poo squad.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Barry Hunter is somehow going to screw this up. Save your lamentations.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
clubs should only replace managers during transfer windows imo

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Machinegunboyo posted:

Klopp will be a good signing imo but I take solace in the fact he's inheriting a poo poo squad.

They might be poo poo, but they're nowhere near as terrible as Rodgers made them look. Controversial tactics like playing the good players in their favoured positions could make a huge impact.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

clubs should only replace managers during transfer windows imo

surely you want to get rid of mclaren before january?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

JFairfax posted:

surely you want to get rid of mclaren before january?

i don't think a new manager would fix the defensive problems fast enough. maybe pulis but he's not had much luck doing that at west brom. we either have a chance to stay up until january and sign some defenders or it was never going to happen

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jose posted:

i don't think a new manager would fix the defensive problems fast enough. maybe pulis but he's not had much luck doing that at west brom. we either have a chance to stay up until january and sign some defenders or it was never going to happen

Maybe you should aim for Pardew, that guy seems to be doing some fantastic work at the moment

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Liverpool have got a better array of forwards than anyone in the league except city so if klopp can get them firing they should be alright. At least be entertaining to watch if they can't defend either

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

TheRat posted:

Maybe you should aim for Pardew, that guy seems to be doing some fantastic work at the moment

Much like he did at newcastle. i'll judge him at palace when he's spent more time there since he's been a bit of a one season wonder everywhere else

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
finally getting to watch chels chokin againt southampton and its just ayyyyyyy lmao

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

We're getting Klopp, Sunderland are getting... Bob Bradley apparently?

It'll be nice to have a manager other teams are jealous of for a change.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Klopp isn't some wizard that's going to magically resolve the fact that Liverpool have made some terrible transfers and guarantee them a top four spot this season, it seems pretty weird that Liverpool spent what they spent in the summer then sacked the manager 8 games into the season.

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Oct 6, 2015

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

liverpool have a reasonably good team when they're played in position

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Ninpo posted:

Klopp isn't some wizard that's going to magically resolve the fact that Liverpool have made some terrible transfers and guarantee them a top four spot this season, it seems pretty weird that Liverpool spent what they spent in the summer then sacked him 8 games into the season.

Klopp will fail at Liverpool, even if it's not completely of his own doing, and it's going to be great.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Will Klopp bring his doctors with him?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

sassassin posted:

Will Klopp bring his doctors with him?

FSG will appoint a doctor-committee

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ninpo posted:

Klopp isn't some wizard that's going to magically resolve the fact that Liverpool have made some terrible transfers and guarantee them a top four spot this season, it seems pretty weird that Liverpool spent what they spent in the summer then sacked him 8 games into the season.

Yeah I'm expecting us to be battling it out for fifth or sixth spot this season but Klopp should be able to attract some decent talent for next year.

I think we'll revert back to a high pressing game under Klopp and that has always bought the best out of Liverpool and we do have the players to play that kind of football. Rodgers originally had us doing the same but that loss to Chelsea (along with Suarez leaving of course) ruined him I think.

I don't think all of our signings this year we're bad. Clyne has been very solid and Gomez looks like he could be the real deal in the future. Ings, surprisingly, looks like a great pick up. Benteke has looked good too despite us doing as little as possible to play to his strengths. I would say our most disappointing signing this season would have been Milner and he was my pick, and most people on this forum, to be our best.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
He's without doubt the best manager Liverpool have had since Rafa and could be a lot better. You don't win back to back Bundesliga titles with a €40m squad by being average.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Klopp is a better manager than that shithouse Rogers. Liverpool might finish higher than fifth with Klopp in charge.

Not this season though.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ninpo posted:

Klopp isn't some wizard that's going to magically resolve the fact that Liverpool have made some terrible transfers and guarantee them a top four spot this season, it seems pretty weird that Liverpool spent what they spent in the summer then sacked the manager 8 games into the season.

I heard one theory that they wanted to appoint him in the summer but he wanted a break before managing again after leaving Dortmund so they let Rodgers hang on for the beginning of the season as basically a dead man walking, just keeping the seat warm until Klopp was ready.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

corpuscollossus posted:

He's without doubt the best manager Liverpool have had since Rafa and could be a lot better. You don't win back to back Bundesliga titles with a €40m squad by being average.

What's the €40m got to do with that?

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

julian assflange posted:

What's the €40m got to do with that?

It was *checks wiki* roughly an eighth of Bayern's squad value at the time?

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Sunderland should do everything they can to get Allardyce, he'd easily keep them up and it's not as if they could play any less attractively than now

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

Klopp is a better manager than that shithouse Rogers. Liverpool might finish higher than fifth with Klopp in charge.

Not this season though.

High praise indeed.

Agree with Allardyce to Sunderland. He's a fat headed oval office but he'll give them a chance at avoiding relegation.

I hope Klopp signs soon as I don't want Chelsea to enter the race. From what I've read it should be confirmed in the next 24 hours though :getin:

Also where are all the posters that said Klopp to Liverpool was a pipe dream and was never going to happen?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I guess I have to change my opinion to he's stupid and will fail at that mess of a club from it won't happen

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
As the Bundesliga thread title points out, Klopp is a myth who got found out. However, England is a tactical wasteland so he'll probably do okay for one or two seasons.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Liverpool don't have anything like the academy production that Dortmund had I don't think and they still end up selling their best player(s) each season.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Dunban posted:

As the Bundesliga thread title points out, Klopp is a myth who got found out. However, England is a tactical wasteland so he'll probably do okay for one or two seasons.

This is basically it. Klopp will push Liverpool to 5th, but teams will catch on to him before Liverpool can sort out their accumulation of bad players enough to get back in the cl.

Allardyce is too smart to take over at S'land. That team is a pile of garbage that has been rotting for years and have no chance of starting up. They'll pick up someone desperate for a chance in the premier league.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Ninpo posted:

Liverpool don't have anything like the academy production that Dortmund had I don't think and they still end up selling their best player(s) each season.

Imagine Ninpo, we might end up with a better manager than you lot.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Ewar Woowar posted:

:getin:

Also where are all the posters that said Klopp to Liverpool was a pipe dream and was never going to happen?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Twatter should start enforcing the Toxx Convention.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ninpo posted:

Dortmund most certainly did sell their best players each season. Sahin, Kagawa, Gotze, Lewandowski...I'm certain Reus and Gundogan would have left too had they not had serious injuries.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ewar Woowar posted:

Dortmund most certainly did sell their best players each season. Sahin, Kagawa, Gotze, Lewandowski...I'm certain Reus and Gundogan would have left too had they not had serious injuries.

I didn't say Dortmund didn't? But at Dortmund, the academy and scouting for younger players helped make up for it better than Liverpool is currently capable of.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Well good thing they're bringing in the man who helmed both those things then

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
ninpo is a dumbass idiot and i'd love to see what he'd say about Klopp had United hired him

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ninpo posted:

I didn't say Dortmund didn't? But at Dortmund, the academy and scouting for younger players helped make up for it better than Liverpool is currently capable of.

Ah right, I got you.

Yeah I'm hoping, like Rafa did, that Klopp puts importance in the academy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Skip My Posts posted:

ninpo is a dumbass idiot and i'd love to see what he'd say about Klopp had United hired him

No, let them get super buttsalty about it. It's funny.

• Locked thread