Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Man, they're making bank on this song from so much use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Do you blame them? When Atom Smasher grew he looked like Stretch Armstrong

No but they could show him putting the mask on instead of cutting to cgi mask, implying the second he starts to grow he puts his cool guy mask on.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Cisco finally got his badge :kimchi:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dexo posted:

So how does this turn bad

There's alcohol and Dad Flash is a mean drunk.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
That reunion was adorable.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh no! He's going to leave town :(

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Wow, that made a downturn fast. "No Flash, you don't need your real dad. Your stand-in dad has been doing fine. Later!"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How will I, The Flash, still see my father in a distant city?

Cyberius
Sep 24, 2007
Totally Fake
It's going to be super awkward for the real Harrison Wells, if he shows up.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Wheeeeee Status Quo.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Flash dad is kinda a dick.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Illuen posted:

No but they could show him putting the mask on instead of cutting to cgi mask, implying the second he starts to grow he puts his cool guy mask on.

It just seemed to come on earlier.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I miss the stingers where people get stabbed.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Mooseontheloose posted:

Flash dad is kinda a dick.

Henry Allen hasn't been with a woman in 14 years; he doesn't need his adult son cramping his style

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

About drat time Jay

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
People can't just walk in he... FOR REAL?!?

Flatulance-a-lot
Jun 3, 2011

Spent that entire last scene going " and then Jay Garrick walks in where the gently caress is Jay Garrick?"

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

myschef posted:

Spent that entire last scene going " and then Jay Garrick walks in where the gently caress is Jay Garrick?"

I had the same reaction. Next episode is going to be amazing.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

myschef posted:

yo same :respek:

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Awesome! Jay is here to teach the Flash how to fight like the goddamn Flash.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Disappointed that Jay didn't introduce himself as the fastest man alive.

This wasn't the show's strongest hour; the effects work was a bit dodgier than usual, the villain was there to... be a villain, and putting Henry on a bus was a poor choice considering that I'd much rather see Barry trying to reestablish a relationship with him instead of being all angsty about his dad abandoning him.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

lelandjs posted:

Disappointed that Jay didn't introduce himself as the fastest man alive.

This wasn't the show's strongest hour; the effects work was a bit dodgier than usual, the villain was there to... be a villain, and putting Henry on a bus was a poor choice considering that I'd much rather see Barry trying to reestablish a relationship with him instead of being all angsty about his dad abandoning him.

I mean they have to establish the season and I get that. I just think having Henry Allen just go away seems really mean to Barry.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Zebulon posted:

Death by radiation overdose sounds like a really, really poo poo way to go. I'm kind of surprised everyone was on board with killing him, let alone killing him that way.

The hell would they have done had it not worked? They'd have just become domestic nuclear terrorists.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The cast is big enough as it is, at least this gives a slightly better excuse for not seeing Henry all the time.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dexo posted:

Face cgi is hard especially on the cheap

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Jay Garrick's voice is literally exactly how I imagined it since I was a kid so that's cool.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Cisco continues to have the blast lines in the show.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

This would have been a solid episode in general but is kind of weak for a season opener. Should have had a slightly higher profile villain and Garrick should have just shown up in full gear for that final "oh poo poo!" moment.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

Lol it looks like one of those JibJab greetings

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

farraday posted:

People can't just walk in he... FOR REAL?!?

best part of the episode right here

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

So loving glad this show is back. It was all perfect including the terribad face CGI

BouncingBuckyBalls
Feb 15, 2011
The main villain did not do much. At all. He threw a food cart at Barry and went around inhaling radioactive fumes, possibly killing guards. Then he gets an overdose and instead of popping he somewhat shrunk back down to a normal size. The slow death moment where he keeps talking in a hushed voice until he stops felt weirder to watch than the usual person who gets shot and lives another minute while spitting up blood and talking.

I did enjoy Cisco whenever he came on and there was no brain dead Iris around. Good main story overall but it felt unfulfilled as an episode without a satisfying opponent showing up. I wonder where the meta-humans are going to be stored this season, if they get captured at all.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I thought it was a meh episode but the Flash Day scene was extremely good. I think the episode suffered from trying to set up too many pieces for the season ahead but that's the price sometimes of serialization. I felt like Atom Smasher was barely in the episode, you probably could've left a villian of the week out all together but then I guess, who's gonna ominously croak "Zoom..."

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The fact that the episode pulled not one but TWO "character went back to their home planet" bits really left me with a loving sour taste in my mouth. What a bummer way to start a season.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I could have gone for a better Garrick intro especially considering you saw his helmet pop up in the last season (seriously, everyone walks into that lab, let's make something new here), and a less stupid exit for Flash-dad, but overall solid ep. Good enough reason for Ronnie leaving, Wells is still a smug rear end in a top hat, we get the mention of Zoom...I'll take it. The Garrick intro really was a bummer, though; just have him show up in the suit and explain the rest later, it's weird knowing a dude is a superhero and and having his first appearance be sauntering into a building in street clothes and giving one sentence before cutting to black.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Zaggitz posted:

The fact that the episode pulled not one but TWO "character went back to their home planet" bits really left me with a loving sour taste in my mouth. What a bummer way to start a season.

Flashdad being in jail was a central part of Barry's character&motivation, and being free really messes with his ability to live his life as The Flash (and the show's plot). Plus, dude's been locked up for 15 years, probably got a fat paycheck from the state for wrongful imprisonment, and needs to check out the world he's missed (i.e Vegas, booze, and hookers)

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
Disappointed that Jay's intro wasn't "and I'm the fastest man alive" or "and I'm the Flash" but I get to see not one but two The Flashes on my TV so hey I can't complain!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was pretty great. I discovered Jay Garrick in 1991 or so and have been patiently waiting for him to make a screen debut and it was worth every second, can't wait for next week!

Can somebody redo :flashfap: with a hat?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Holy poo poo!!! Just finished it didn't read any spoilers ! Mind Blown. JAY GARRICK!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I wonder if Wells was betting on Henry just up and leaving when he made that confession video.

(Ok probably not, even he isn't that psychic, but still.)

• Locked thread