Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

First of all the following things will not be refundable:

Pledges/packages received from other users
Pledges/packages sent to other users
Pledges/packages purchased with store credit that came from gifted pledges
Subscription payments
Delivered physical items
the amount you are entitled to comes to $50.00 USD

So. If you pledged for an M50, then later decided to melt and turn it into a Hornet. Guess what.

Edit: This response was given in return to "scope creep" as the reason cited for wanting a refund. If a different response is garnered for anyone who said that the escapist made them decide to run away and they're to blame for everything it'd be interesting to see.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Dusty Lens posted:

Subscription payments
Delivered physical items

So. If you pledged for an M50, then later decided to melt and turn it into a Hornet. Guess what.

I think in that case you do get your money back.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Dusty Lens posted:

Subscription payments
Delivered physical items

i was expecting that re: gifted stuff, but the one ship i bought myself, melted, and moved towards another better get loving refunded.

regardless im gonna end up with that gifted M50 for good, so w/e

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Dusty Lens posted:

Subscription payments
Delivered physical items

Edit: This response was given in return to "scope creep" as the reason cited for wanting a refund. If a different response is garnered for anyone who said that the escapist made them decide to run away and they're to blame for everything it'd be interesting to see.

wait so did they refuse your request?

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

Death! Put your jacket on or you'll get frostbite!

Dusty Lens posted:

Subscription payments
Delivered physical items

I'm screwed.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Agrajag posted:

wait so did they refuse your request?

I haven't gotten my own response yet.

That's from a friend.

He has a Cutlass Blue and a Hornet F7C. He bought, with cash, the Hornet (upgraded from a M50 at a $50 difference) and some pledge or another that he sent to me, I turned into an LTI Cutlass and sent back, to which he later purchased and applied a Blue upgrade.

$50.

Edit again: Apparently you get a 'second prompt' asking if you want to go through with it. So he wasn't committed at that point.

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

Death! Put your jacket on or you'll get frostbite!
Right. I'm screwed so this game needs to work.

Help me Goonrathi you're my only hope.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dusty Lens posted:

That's from a friend.

He has a Cutlass Blue and a Hornet F7C. He bought, with cash, the Hornet (upgraded from a M50 at a $50 difference) and some pledge or another that he sent to me, I turned into an LTI Cutlass and sent back, to which he later purchased and applied a Blue upgrade.

$50.

Edit again: Apparently you get a 'second prompt' asking if you want to go through with it. So he wasn't committed at that point.

Chargeback. I can understand not getting compensated for subscriptions or physical goods, but if you have $X worth of ship packages and your "total money spent" is <=$X then you should be getting everything you put in back.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Dusty Lens posted:

That's from a friend.

$50.

so let me get this straight: you friend bought a jpg then managed to do something to make this jpg worth less than the original value? wat and lol.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

MOAR posted:

lol

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

MOAR posted:

don't worry, the game is going to be really good.

Rockybar
Sep 3, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Chargeback. I can understand not getting compensated for subscriptions or physical goods, but if you have $X worth of ship packages and your "total money spent" is <=$X then you should be getting everything you put in back.

Isn't exectuing a chargeback just a fastrack to getting instantly blacklisted by a whole consortium of vendors?

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Agrajag posted:

so let me get this straight: you friend bought a jpg then managed to do something to make this jpg worth less than the original value? wat and lol.

Is that legal?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

I'm actually pretty excited to see what I get. Because of my whole helping people get LTI thing back in the day I'm pretty sure I don't have a single pledge that isn't tied to melted funds.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Rockybar posted:

Isn't exectuing a chargeback just a fastrack to getting instantly blacklisted by a whole consortium of vendors?

Not that I'm aware of. If anything the opposite is true; if a vendor gets hit by a high number of chargebacks the card issuer will enact fees.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

2DCAT posted:

Is LTI available for this ship? If no, what if I 'invest' another $250 into this... i really, really want it... but am too scared to lose it.

Yes it is, no probs

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Rockybar posted:

you have that backwards

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Not that I'm aware of. If anything the opposite is true; if a vendor gets hit by a high number of chargebacks the card issuer will enact fees.

there's fee's for doing a regular refund anyway. it's usually like 3% of the transaction, but i'm guessing they hike those fees up if the vendor gets hit with a ton of chargebacks.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Banks have the position that 'the credit must flow' so they are strangely consumer friendly when dealing with customer/vendor disputes. Because they don't want CCs to get the reputation of being hard to use. At least that was the initial thinking. I'm not sure if that's what's still driving it.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
Who is Dick Wulf? I have been trying to keep up but this one slipped me by

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

MOAR posted:

You can:

Charge back and say gently caress it. It's not like star citizen is amazon and you spent money on something that doesn't exist and might never exist (or exist several years down the line as the game limps out of release). You can always buy it later if you change your mind. That is, of course, if there is anything to buy.

Hope that the ponzi scheme won't tilt over and get enough aspies (or some gullible investors) to keep buying jpegs of ships so the money keeps flowing and something comes out.

Consider the money burned and a lesson learned.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Skoll posted:

Amazing that there is someone on this forum who can confirm that.

...and even moreso amazing, also confirm its effect on his wife.

Rockybar
Sep 3, 2008

I do think banks are fairly sketchy if you ask for one after sixty days, but I guess it will be fun explaining your internet spaceships dilemma to a confused customer services rep

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Don't forget to mention that you spent all that money on pictures of spaceships that will likely not turn into genuine vidya game spaceships. Bonus pity refund points from the person at the bank or Visa or wherever.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Has anyone said Butt Shitizen in the past 59 pages?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Rockybar posted:

It won't do anything to other random vendors, but if you hit someone like Steam or Blizzard with a chargeback they will absolutely just ban your account.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Where do I watch CitCon online?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

neonbregna posted:

Has anyone said Butt Shitizen in the past 59 pages?

shart shitizen

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Also for chargebacks, typically your cc company won't care because they get something from the vendor. However if you do charge backs on certain services (amazon, i know steam does it) they will typically ban your card and your account because you probably didn't exhaust all your options and cost them money. A chargeback is basically 'gently caress this company and their products I never want to do business with them again ever"

But who gives a poo poo if you can't buy jpegs from a ponzi scheme.

Dapper Dan fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Oct 7, 2015

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Paladinus posted:

Where do I watch CitCon online?

they'll twitch stream it

or try to anyway, not a single stream they've done has worked right all the way through.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Gwaihir posted:

It won't do anything to other random vendors, but if you hit someone like Steam or Blizzard with a chargeback they will absolutely just ban your account.

there is a key difference between those two and SC.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gwaihir posted:

I would expect the same with CIG.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would expect the same with CIG.

in other words, it's win-win

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Haledjian posted:

Who is Dick Wulf? I have been trying to keep up but this one slipped me by

He's star citizens biggest whale. An unemployed married man who spent over twenty two thousand dollars on space jpegs. He also sends gifts and pizza to the dev team and dick pics to female citizens even though he is married. Finally, he wears a fedora.

Rockybar
Sep 3, 2008

sounds like my kind of guy *tips fedora*

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The part I don't understand about that is how he's still married.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Wafflz posted:

He's star citizens biggest whale. An unemployed married man who spent over twenty two thousand dollars on space jpegs. He also sends gifts and pizza to the dev team and dick pics to female citizens even though he is married. Finally, he wears a fedora.

...when someone told me that I thought it was a troll. This is fuckin real?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Gwaihir posted:

That's ridiculous. So if Steam fucks you over somehow and you (rightly) file a charge back they just steal all your paid-for games out from under you?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

revmoo posted:

That's ridiculous. So if Steam fucks you over somehow and you (rightly) file a charge back they just steal all your paid-for games out from under you?

Yep.

edit: Nuance is that like so many vac-bans that happen to completely 'innocent' people, you only have the word of the person losing their account that they didn't chargeback from an uncle's card in an attempt to buck the system. Good thing they have a decent refund system now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Wafflz posted:

The Eve killer is apparently being developed by the same company as the WoW killer.

It is, and I will have a demo for you in two weeks.

• Locked thread