Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The new chapter's out already on the app, and will presumably be up on the site soon. I'm glad for Touta's blunt stupid nature, because that confession was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Touta is good.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

New chapter link.

Really wish Ken had focused on the visitors he teased last chapter for my birthday today, but I guess Touta confessing to Eva as Yukihime and getting shot down is fine too. Karin seriously went apeshit there, as expected. Guess we'll have to wait next week for possible Ayaka and Chachamaru shenanigans...

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This chapter was great, and I'm glad to see the rest of the crew showing up again after the focus on the main team for the last few months.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That was a great conclusion to that plot thread.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I am glad he was shot down and hope this is not going to spiral into him now trying to woo adult Eva as that will get old for me fast.

This last arc has helped me like Touta a bit more though, even if I still vastly prefer all of the support cast over him.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Evangeline being confused. Kirie losing her poo poo. Touta being Touta.

Ken you do things perfectly sometimes :kimchi:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I guess the age difference is less weird when you consider that everyone is much, much younger than Eva. 20 years or so is a blink of an eye to immortals, and at that point what would the age gap matter? It would also probably take Touta at least that long to successfully wear her down.

Still very weird that she is also his surrogate mother, though.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

She obviously remembers him from her younger days but having to actually raise him probably made her earlier romantic connection with him retroactively really fuckin' awkward.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Overlord K posted:

I am glad he was shot down and hope this is not going to spiral into him now trying to woo adult Eva as that will get old for me fast.

This last arc has helped me like Touta a bit more though, even if I still vastly prefer all of the support cast over him.

Touta is still a dummy who doesn't quite understand romance. He wants to marry Eva the same way a 4 year old wants to marry their mom, because they don't actually understand such concepts and just want to live with them always.

Which makes some sense since Touta is only a few years old in actuality anyway. Poor clone kid's got a body that's way older than his mind.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Gyges posted:

Touta is still a dummy who doesn't quite understand romance. He wants to marry Eva the same way a 4 year old wants to marry their mom, because they don't actually understand such concepts and just want to live with them always.

Which makes some sense since Touta is only a few years old in actuality anyway. Poor clone kid's got a body that's way older than his mind.

Touta actually is 4.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Angry Grimace posted:

Touta actually is 4.

Might wanna read again thar.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics_read/manga?volume_id=389&chapter_num=97.00
New chapter. Hot springs and gossip, pretty much.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Oct 14, 2015

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Oh man, it's like reading LH all over again. Kind of nostalgic.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Eva dropping a 3-A reference when they were in the hot spring was nice. Tsun Kirie continues to be the best, along with Eva adeptly dodging all of her questions about her feelings regarding Touta and his actions last chapter.

Still no sign of Ayaka, her (great?) granddaughter, or Chachamaru since their appearance two chapters ago, but Shinobu finally makes it into the Holder base with a bang at least. More setup stuff, I guess, but still good reading.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Akamatsu is not ashamed of his roots.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Isn't that...nearly panel-by-panel Keitaro's first visit to Hinata Inn?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

PerrineClostermann posted:

Isn't that...nearly panel-by-panel Keitaro's first visit to Hinata Inn?

It's close enough. Akamatsu has to acknowledge his original immortal in some way.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
It really doesn't get any more Akamatsu than this chapter.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I have decided that despite this Shinobu being ostensibly human, she should have the Keitarou brand of immortality.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
UQ Holder: Akamatsu decides Negima is totally over, Love Hina is back.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Test Pattern posted:

UQ Holder: Akamatsu decides Negima is totally over, Love Hina Hime is back.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
I can't really figure out how this works, but wasn't Eva in love with Nagi? I'm all in favor of a Tota is Nagi ending but..

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

pinegala posted:

I can't really figure out how this works, but wasn't Eva in love with Nagi? I'm all in favor of a Tota is Nagi ending but..

Perhaps Nagi was the substitute for Touta. Makes you think.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Immortals, man. Eva has probably long since come to terms with mortals dying, and Nagi is almost certainly dead by now.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
IMO Nagi's a puppet of the life-maker...

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

i flunked out posted:

IMO Nagi's a puppet of the life-maker...

Negi's probably the puppet now.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Nodoka...

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Namtab posted:

Nodoka...

Is a bad clone of Shinobu :colbert:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Is a bad clone of Shinobu :colbert:

So are your posts

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Namtab posted:

So are your posts

I forget, was Shinobu a stuttery shy girl?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Negi's probably the puppet now.

Couldn't they both be?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I can't remember how Negima ended exactly, but I seem to recall that they had freed Nagi and that Negi was doing well too. If I"m remembering that correctly, that means Negi got puppet'd between Negima's end and UQ's start. gently caress if I can keep major plot points straight when reading one chapter a week, though. Out of sight, out of mind

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

I forget, was Shinobu a stuttery shy girl?

Yeah, she was. But the book thing was totally Nodoka since Shinobu was only a middling student when Love Hina started, though she did wind up attending Tokyo U along with most of the rest of the girls in the dorm as of the last chapter.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nodoka starts as Shinobu just as Asuna started as Naru, Konoka as Mutsumi, and Setsuna as Motoko, none of them stayed that way.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rodyle posted:

Nodoka starts as Shinobu just as Asuna started as Naru, Konoka as Mutsumi, and Setsuna as Motoko, none of them stayed that way.

Akira was still Motoko :colbert:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Rodyle posted:

Chisame ended up being more like Naru than Asuna anyways, though all 3 share similar designs.

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010

Akira was still Motoko :colbert:

I always felt she was what Motoko would have been like without that uh... interesting childhood trauma.

The Evil Thing fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Oct 16, 2015

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I seem to recall Akamatsu saying that, looking back on it, he should have written Motoko to win? Or that they would have made a nicer couple?

Allarion posted:

Chisame ended up being more like Naru than Asuna anyways, though all 3 share similar designs.

Both Chisame and Asuna turned out a lot better than Naru, I feel.

All this talk of older Akamatsu stuff has me wondering. He likes to toss in throwbacks; have we seen any from AI Love You? Negima had several.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

I can't remember how Negima ended exactly, but I seem to recall that they had freed Nagi and that Negi was doing well too. If I"m remembering that correctly, that means Negi got puppet'd between Negima's end and UQ's start. gently caress if I can keep major plot points straight when reading one chapter a week, though. Out of sight, out of mind

I still dont see why both Nagi and Negi cant both be puppets...

• Locked thread