Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

loquacius posted:

You mean if Americans started just killing Chinese-American people

lol you're stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

starry skies above posted:

all your kind of liberal jews do is go around undermining any solidarity from emerging within liberal circles in regards to israel, eg, "no, it's not right to call it apartheid, it isn't as black and white as that and the Palestinians are also to blame as much as the Jews..."

It's literally the EXACT same tack that every liberal jew in the media takes in regards to Israel and it's really tiresome.

I'd like to draw attention to this post

^^^^ this post right here

"your kind of liberal jews"

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
are you jewish

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tezzor posted:

are you jewish

lol you're stupid

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
it is actually a common thing for liberal jewish people to undermine action against israel on the left via ceaseless whining about the unfairness of it all is so he is describing a real phenomenon although phrasing it poorly

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

loquacius posted:

I'd like to draw attention to this post

^^^^ this post right here

"your kind of liberal jews"

Yes, his kind of liberal jews. People like Ezra Klein, Jonathan Chait, et all, so called PEPS (progressive except palestine)

even bernie sanders

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i hope they kill some israeli settlers, best of luck

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I think when an I/P conversation has turned to policing the actions of American Jews as a bloc it's time for me to officially say "gently caress this I'm out"

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

loquacius posted:

I think when an I/P conversation has turned to policing the actions of American Jews as a bloc it's time for me to officially say "gently caress this I'm out"

policing...or calling out?

just lol

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

loquacius posted:

speaking of ceaseless whining

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
America, Russia and the United Nations should offer the Middle East a once year event called the "The Purge" just like the hit hollywood movie except it would last for two consecutive weeks. No holds barred fight, chemical weapons, nukes, torture of civilians, etc... Whatever the gently caress they want to do to eachother but only for two weeks.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
if i check the tumblr thread will i see a lot of posts loling at tumblr people by the guy who can't handle mild factually accurate criticism of his in-group without getting triggered? let's take bets

Reaganball Z
Jun 21, 2007
Hybrid children watch the sea Pray for Father, roaming free

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I blame the British personally

in one of these threads a while back someone made a good point that if you had a one-time-only chance to time travel that a good use of it would be to throw a grenade in the roomful of brits dividing up the ottoman empire

Reaganball Z
Jun 21, 2007
Hybrid children watch the sea Pray for Father, roaming free
Endorsement by the American black community is probably the thing that would most help Israel to continue to exist in its current form (other than systemic collapse of the world economy, in which case it could get away with escalation) but considering that rapprochement with whites was achieved is being achieved through - for lack of a better term - guilting them that ethnic enclaves are immoral, it's probably not gonna happen.

NigelsPoppet
Jul 22, 2015
Those Palestinians shouldn't pick fights they know they can't win.

Rocks and Molotovs Vs. Tanks and Drones will not end well, they should just get back to their hovels and wait until the Israelis decide to gas them for good

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

NigelsPoppet posted:

Those Palestinians shouldn't pick fights they know they can't win.

Rocks and Molotovs Vs. Tanks and Drones will not end well, they should just get back to their hovels and wait until the Israelis decide to gas them for good

Fascinating

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Top City Homo posted:

ur an idiot mate hth
probably

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Just want to hop in here and remind everyone that what israel does on a small scale, america does on a grand scale.

tl;dr dti, dta

(does this make me a self-hating american?)

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

all your kind of liberal jews do is go around undermining any solidarity from emerging within liberal circles in regards to israel, eg, "no, it's not right to call it apartheid, it isn't as black and white as that and the Palestinians are also to blame as much as the Jews..."

It's literally the EXACT same tack that every liberal jew in the media takes in regards to Israel and it's really tiresome.

Wow. "Your kind of liberal jew". Please tell me more. Any other generalisations or prejudices you'd like to air? What people like you do is make it easy for defenders of Israel to say that the criticism is based on antisemitism and thus doesn't have to be engaged with or taken seriously.

I argued against the term genocide, not apartheid. And I never said that Israel and the Palestinians were equally to blame, although there have been so many gently caress-ups and missed opportunities and inflammatory violence and rhetoric from both sides that apportioning blame for a very complex, multi-faceted, historically-rooted issue is not as straightforward as most posters here seem to think.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

i hope they kill some israeli settlers, best of luck

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I imagine the Palestinians will be glad that an army of shitposters have their back when the tanks and missiles come again

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

therattle posted:

Wow. "Your kind of liberal jew". Please tell me more. Any other generalisations or prejudices you'd like to air?

I have paid attention to this conflict for years, and I have noticed that the most effective thing your kind of liberal jews achieve is undermining anti-Israel coalition from developing in the left. The right is free to be as anti-Palestinian as possible, and as pro-Israel as possible, but when a little anti-israel sentiment is needed to get a coalition against Israel going, then your kind emerges to block and undermine such a development by a creating a big stink and whining about anti-semetism.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

therattle posted:

Wow. "Your kind of liberal jew". Please tell me more. Any other generalisations or prejudices you'd like to air? What people like you do is make it easy for defenders of Israel to say that the criticism is based on antisemitism and thus doesn't have to be engaged with or taken seriously.

I argued against the term genocide, not apartheid. And I never said that Israel and the Palestinians were equally to blame, although there have been so many gently caress-ups and missed opportunities and inflammatory violence and rhetoric from both sides that apportioning blame for a very complex, multi-faceted, historically-rooted issue is not as straightforward as most posters here seem to think.

its not an apartheid though, its a slow genocide. under apartheid separate racial groups where given their own territories. what isreal is doing is different, they have not set aside the palestinian territories to keep them separate, they are actively absorbing as much of the territory as they can. depriving an entire people of their land and livelihood is genocide

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Rutibex posted:

its not an apartheid though, its a slow genocide. under apartheid separate racial groups where given their own territories. what isreal is doing is different, they have not set aside the palestinian territories to keep them separate, they are actively absorbing as much of the territory as they can. depriving an entire people of their land and livelihood is genocide

if the palestinians just cooperated and let it happen peacefully then we could find a solution to the conflict

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

if the palestinians just cooperated and let it happen peacefully then we could find a solution to the conflict

For example, they could move to Europe.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

give the palestinians utah just to gently caress with the mormons imo

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

give the palestinians utah just to gently caress with the mormons imo

The desert is their natural climate after all.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

I have paid attention to this conflict for years, and I have noticed that the most effective thing your kind of liberal jews achieve is undermining anti-Israel coalition from developing in the left. The right is free to be as anti-Palestinian as possible, and as pro-Israel as possible, but when a little anti-israel sentiment is needed to get a coalition against Israel going, then your kind emerges to block and undermine such a development by a creating a big stink and whining about anti-semetism.

Yeah, the antisemitism I just imagined out of nowhere, and of which there is no evidence ITT. Where exactly have I said that a criticism of Israel was unjust or unfair because it was motivated by antisemitism?

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

therattle posted:

Yeah, the antisemitism I just imagined out of nowhere, and of which there is no evidence ITT. Where exactly have I said that a criticism of Israel was unjust or unfair because it was motivated by antisemitism?

anti-semitism used to mean hatred of Jews, but now it means jewish dislike of people who object to their colonial settler project and ethnic aggression against the Palestinians.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Without intrepid Jewish Israeli reporters we wouldn't know how hosed up their government and military are. It'd be like the 90's when people actually believed "Israel wants peace."

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
The Sampson Option

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Fabricated posted:

I imagine the Palestinians will be glad that an army of shitposters have their back when the tanks and missiles come again

yeah I think the Palestinians are glad that all the shrill intolerable annoying leftist scolds in the 18-30 bracket are tweeting #freepalestine instead of voting

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

yeah I think the Palestinians are glad that all the shrill intolerable annoying leftist scolds in the 18-30 bracket are tweeting #freepalestine instead of voting

Fucken hippies, amirite boys?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

im not personally a big fan of showering angry teenagers with machine gun fire but lol if you think israel cares one bit how unpopular they are on twitter, huffpo and the oberlin college paper

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

im not personally a big fan of showering angry teenagers with machine gun fire but lol if you think israel cares one bit how unpopular they are on twitter, huffpo and the oberlin college paper

Guess their massive anti-BDS lobbying lobbying effort is just to pass the time between war crimes.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

they sure are mad about bds

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Agag posted:

Guess their massive anti-BDS lobbying lobbying effort is just to pass the time between war crimes.

yea if they didnt take it seriously they wouldnt be spending many resources on combating it

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
they are like super-mad about bds

its super-funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

they sure are mad about bds

Israel has never been mad online, they just think its funny.

• Locked thread