Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ross Angeles posted:

He's not coming back from anything!

Allen is coming back from being a lazy fuckboy bitch

He came back from playing in the UFL or wherever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

He came back from playing in the UFL or wherever.

He never played in the UFL and was the Colts backup the last two years

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ross Angeles posted:

He never played in the UFL and was the Colts backup the last two years

Nah, there are definitely two years unaccounted for after the Seahawks cut him.:iiam:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
For the Belichick approach to work you need a total buy-in from ownership, front office and players. Belichick struck gold by finding Brady and winning a SB, making him basically a demigod in NE.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Lessail posted:

Belichick's tree exists to destroy other teams from within

Fruit of the poisonous tree

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Why would it be a surprise that the five guys who worked under Belichick sucked? Most NFL coaches do!

In any given year there are maybe 10 NFL coaches who are passable to good. Everyone else is just on their way to being fired in a season or two.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Mangini was really successful. He was so successful Jets fans called him the "Mangenius"!!!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

NC-17 posted:

Why would it be a surprise that the five guys who worked under Belichick sucked? Most NFL coaches do!

In any given year there are maybe 10 NFL coaches who are passable to good. Everyone else is just on their way to being fired in a season or two.

Because most of the great coaches historically have trees where many or at least any weren't blackrot.

Though Coughlin, also from the Parcells side of things, also seems to have a pretty dire list of former coordinators.

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

Because most of the great coaches historically have trees where many or at least any weren't blackrot.

Though Coughlin, also from the Parcells side of things, also seems to have a pretty dire list of former coordinators.

How many of those tree's with great branches were forged in an earlier era where owners would give dudes half a decade to make the playoffs?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
#Texans coach Bill O’Brien says Brian Hoyer is his starting QB (again).

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

NC-17 posted:

Have you not seen the coaching trees of any other Hall of Fame coaches?

note: I am aware that Schottenheimer will not be a HoF coach

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

NC-17 posted:

How many of those tree's with great branches were forged in an earlier era where owners would give dudes half a decade to make the playoffs?

Smart organizations do that, but a Pats fan familiar with their pre-Parcells existence should remember when they were shuffling coaches, and that's been a constant for forever among the hopeless teams in the league. It's just that when you're doing retrospectives about things, nobody gives a poo poo about the like 1970's era Saints or 1980's Oilers or whatever.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
It pisses me off how many quality coaches Schottenheimer produced yet was regularly roasted in the postseason.

Because Chiefs.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
N: Andrew Siciliano ‏@AndrewSiciliano 3h3 hours ago
Todd Gurley had as many rushes of 20+ yards in 2nd half last week (4) as Trent Richardson had in three years combined with Browns and Colts.

V: :lol: Richardson

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Burger Trench posted:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

who cares not me *fart*

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Burger Trench posted:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

So when are they cutting Mallett? He pretty much lost him last night and there's no way they can start him again.

Nov 6, 2002

Burger Trench posted:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

:lol: He has no idea what he's doing.

Mallett gonna pull a Vince Young.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chromatic posted:

It pisses me off how many quality coaches Schottenheimer produced yet was regularly roasted in the postseason.

Because Chiefs.

Marty owns forever

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Nah, there are definitely two years unaccounted for after the Seahawks cut him.:iiam:

Yeah, he was backing up Jake Locker on the Titans lol

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Ross Angeles posted:

Marty owns forever

Marty's legacy would have be eternal if instead of run run pass his standard was run run pass fake punt pass

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Basically looking at coaching trees I think we need to ask:

Is the current lack of capable NFL head coaches due to Belichick training his coordinators wrong as a joke?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

O'Brien says he's comfortable switching quarterbacks because he approaches the regular season like it is actually sixteen, one-game seasons. By that rationale, he is still benching his quarterbacks mid-season.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
To evaluate the quality of a coaching tree I think it's important to compare the number of coordinators that worked under a coach to the number of coordinators that achieved a certain goal (e.g. NFL headcoach, reached playoffs, whatever). Additionally it might be interesting to see how long the coordinators worked for said head coach. Looking at the Parcells tree for example, most of his "products" only worked a relativly short amount of time for him and had a lot of experience with other coaching styles, maybe preparing them better for the role of head coach than the typical Belichick coordinator, who spend a lot more time with Belichick.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Bulaga is expected to play against the Rams :woop:

Nov 6, 2002

TheChirurgeon posted:

Have you not seen the coaching trees of any other Hall of Fame coaches?

note: I am aware that Schottenheimer will not be a HoF coach

I dunno, I think the whole idea of a coaching tree is dumb to begin with. Some of those coaches are so far removed from their origins. I mean, what the hell did Jim Schwartz ever have to do with Walsh? Coaches are influenced not just by their bosses but with everyone they work with.

And all of those trees have some awful, awful branches on them. Also I notice there's some arbitrary pruning going on there, or maybe that graphic is way out of date.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 9, 2015

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Marshawn Lynch ruled out against the Bengals.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The Raiders are 32nd against the pass and our best (other than C Wood) DB in TJ Carrie isn't playing on Sunday against Peyton Manning wew lad this is gonna be real ugly

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

Basically looking at coaching trees I think we need to ask:

Is the current lack of capable NFL head coaches due to Belichick training his coordinators wrong as a joke?

I'm just waiting for the day he sets Matt Patricia free on some unsuspecting NFL team.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Ah poo poo Sean Richardson has another season ending neck injury. His career is probably over :smith:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

The Raiders are 32nd against the pass and our best (other than C Wood) DB in TJ Carrie isn't playing on Sunday against Peyton Manning wew lad this is gonna be real ugly

Haven't you heard? Peyton has a dead baby arm

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Ross Angeles posted:

Haven't you heard? Peyton has a dead baby arm

Owen Daniels 11/205/4

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Mashawn's out. poo poo

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Old-rear end noodle-arm Peyton is still better than 2000 Trent "Fuckboy Bitch" Dilfer

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NC-17 posted:

:lol: He has no idea what he's doing.

Mallett gonna pull a Vince Young.

That would require Mallet to be good

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Peyton does have a dead baby arm and it's clear when watching games what he is extremely physically limited, and playing behind a lovely offensive line.

He's just also one of the better quarterbacks ever, so is still able to succeed because he still has some fantastic weapons and can figure out what you're doing better then you can.

Nov 6, 2002

Also, he doesn't have to do nearly as much anymore with that defense.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Bad Moon posted:

Mashawn's out. poo poo

Do I grab Rawls again, or start Antonio Gates

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Old-rear end noodle-arm Peyton is still better than 2000 Trent "Fuckboy Bitch" Dilfer

He's a better QB right now than anyone else in the division

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Bad Moon posted:

Mashawn's out. poo poo

welp, rip Russell Wilson, hopefully you get to bang ciara in a hottub filled with nanobubbles before sunday.

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Do I grab Rawls again, or start Antonio Gates

grab bawls-my bawls-and stick em in your mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ross Angeles posted:

He's a better QB right now than anyone else in the division
Derek Carr is the best in the division according to PFF :v:

• Locked thread