Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

They still haven't figured out how they want to structure it last I heard so they just turned it off.

I am hoping to be able to switch between team and buddy chat easily, that is one thing that a lot of console shooters don't do and I miss having team chat from PC

Is chat enabled within your 8-person party, or only with your buddy, or not at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
From what I've seen, it almost looks like some powerups will always be in the same place. There's an crashed X-Wing on the left (as rebels) down the ridge that always seems to appear there. I'm wondering if the same could be said for the other vehicles, especially since I just finished a game where a guy seemed to just sit in the AT-AT and rack up ~50 kills and 3 deaths.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Zoran posted:

Is chat enabled within your 8-person party, or only with your buddy, or not at all?

At least for ps4 you can chat through the system party but not in game parties, afaik.

PC you can text chat everyone

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

At least for ps4 you can chat through the system party but not in game parties, afaik.

PC you can text chat everyone

I mean voice chat on PC.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Why does the cycler rifle seem to take out an atst with 2-3 shots but the lovely direct tv dish takes 4

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Keep wondering why the tie fighters have such superiority then I keep seeing my teammates grabbing fighter tokens and kind of just running around with them. Uh, bud, you gonna use that?

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

That Gobbo posted:

From what I've seen, it almost looks like some powerups will always be in the same place. There's an crashed X-Wing on the left (as rebels) down the ridge that always seems to appear there. I'm wondering if the same could be said for the other vehicles, especially since I just finished a game where a guy seemed to just sit in the AT-AT and rack up ~50 kills and 3 deaths.

The vehicle powerups are always in the same spots (depending on what phase the battle is in). That is why I don't understand the criticism of them. It is literally no different than if a vehicle spawned there you climbed into.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

D-Pad posted:

The vehicle powerups are always in the same spots (depending on what phase the battle is in). That is why I don't understand the criticism of them. It is literally no different than if a vehicle spawned there you climbed into.

You can't attach c4 to a powerup.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Keep wondering why the tie fighters have such superiority then I keep seeing my teammates grabbing fighter tokens and kind of just running around with them. Uh, bud, you gonna use that?

They really need to make a large flashing "YOU NEED TO USE THIS IN 14 SECONDS" alert when people pick these up. I had a guy in chat complaining how the x-wing tokens were bugged for him because they kept disappearing on him :downs:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

D-Pad posted:

It means I can't blow it up if a teammate is going to get it before me

If I can't fly that x wing NO ONE CAN

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Also I just shot down an x-wing making a strafing run on my at-at with my sniper rifle this games cool

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Trilin posted:

You can't attach c4 to a powerup.

That's actually a really good point

Griz
May 21, 2001

D-Pad posted:

if a vehicle spawned there you'd be able to see it from anywhere within draw distance. vehicle powerups look almost exactly the same as the infantry powerups, are in weird places, and it's way too hard to spot the tiny light-blue icon against the snowy background.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Yeesh, if the vehicle powerups spawn in the same place that doesn't really solve the issue in the BF games of people just waiting to spawn in a jet all game.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

That Gobbo posted:

Yeesh, if the vehicle powerups spawn in the same place that doesn't really solve the issue in the BF games of people just waiting to spawn in a jet all game.

I think they keep them near the front as well so they have a steady stream of vehicles without having to make people run back for them. Plus you can see the icons through terrain

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

That Gobbo posted:

Randomizing the spawns would discourage the casual air player, or at least make him settle for second best, but the super dedicated players will still search low and high for their darling craft.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Gamesguy posted:

Is there joystick support in the beta?

There's on the fly gamepad support on PC, so I don't see why whatever joystick you're thinking about using wouldn't work

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
There are problems, but I'm having fun. Hope the starfighter mode is good. It's been so long since the last Star Wars fighter game.

Pooperscooper
Jul 22, 2007
Not being able to join a squad with my friends is really lame and will probably be a deal breaker. Why go backwards from standards made in BF4 to having one "partner"? We spent a majority of our time asking each other what team we are on and how we can be partners.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
I really hope the starfighter mode has the same problem of multiple people fighting for the same parking space. A majority of online games were horrific space accidents.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
HOLY poo poo WE WON AS REBELS ON HOTH

what..how..

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
It's extremely appropriate how it more or less takes one extremely determined lone operative to undermine the Imperials.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

They really need to make a large flashing "YOU NEED TO USE THIS IN 14 SECONDS" alert when people pick these up. I had a guy in chat complaining how the x-wing tokens were bugged for him because they kept disappearing on him :downs:

Stupidly they made the countdown look like a refresh timer, so people think it'll be _available_ in 14 seconds.

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009

Thirsty Dog posted:

Stupidly they made the countdown look like a refresh timer, so people think it'll be _available_ in 14 seconds.

I definitely did this the first time I found one, just sat and waited until it went away.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Not being able to choose where you spawn combined with not enough vehicle based combat has made me pretty disinterested in this.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The cycler rifle is so good. Getting into a good flow in a nice clear location and picking off targets then finishing them off with blaster fire is pretty satisfying. A lot more fun than running head long into battle. Don't get me wrong, that's still my go to strat, but this is a nice change of pace.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

One thing that gets me, I have no problem with third person being the best view, however the models seem a bit too floaty in the world vs say a game with third person in mind like gears. First person looks nice with highly detailed guns, but third person just looks a bit janky.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Seems okay. I like the E-11.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Anyone looking to get a group together? I'm Zoran501 on Origin.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Assuming I've done my math right the rebel default rifle is objectively worse than the Imperial one. Welp.

blippyblop
Aug 5, 2004

hayden. posted:

Not being able to choose where you spawn combined with not enough vehicle based combat has made me pretty disinterested in this.

Yup. This is the fastest I've gone from super excited about a game to not caring at all about it. It's garbage, the only thing it has going for it is the Star Wars IP.

Also I love how the vehicle powerups for the Imperials spawn behind their line, the Rebels? Right into instant death. Good luck getting into a ship when it's guaranteed there will be Imperial pilots scouting 24/7 for a rebel spawn.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Sedisp posted:

Assuming I've done my math right the rebel default rifle is objectively worse than the Imperial one. Welp.

this makes sense from a lore standpoint?????

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
I have trouble believing that you won't be able to choose your spawn in whatever the conquest mode is going to be. Like that would be impressive levels of dumb.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Noctis Horrendae posted:

this makes sense from a lore standpoint?????

Storm Trooper rifles are capable of hitting things Not Canon/10.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
I got bored halfway through one match. The level design is really bland. They did nail the graphics and the sound effects, so I guess that's good?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Bug: if you buy charges for your ability and then pick up an extra one it will overwrite the larger number

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Flytrap posted:

Storm Trooper rifles are capable of hitting things Not Canon/10.

Actually they're very capable of hitting nameless rebel soldiers so the game is in fact highly accurate

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'll tell you right now, if there aren't better unlocks to help the rebels later on, people won't play Hoth if they are on the rebel side. It's just not fun to have to put in far more work to win a map than the other faction. Yes you can win as rebels, but its a poo poo ton more work. I sure hope the other maps aren't on a timer like Hoth is.

Also, the respawns are atrocious. More often than not you respawn right into a fire fight, which is loving dumb. I've respawned into an immediate Vader choke. That's just bad game design. You're telling me on Hoth you can't find a single person who isn't in the thick of poo poo to respawn me?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

So is there a way to change teams? I've not noticed one but I haven't looked that hard.

Zotix posted:

I'll tell you right now, if there aren't better unlocks to help the rebels later on, people won't play Hoth if they are on the rebel side. It's just not fun to have to put in far more work to win a map than the other faction. Yes you can win as rebels, but its a poo poo ton more work. I sure hope the other maps aren't on a timer like Hoth is.

Also, the respawns are atrocious. More often than not you respawn right into a fire fight, which is loving dumb. I've respawned into an immediate Vader choke. That's just bad game design. You're telling me on Hoth you can't find a single person who isn't in the thick of poo poo to respawn me?

I think it only spawns you on a person if you specifically select your partner. Otherwise, it randomly selects from a set of predetermined points. This is dumb and bad, but it's not randomly selecting a person to spawn you on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I don't know about you guys but I enjoy playing rebels :kiddo:

You have a strong, dramatic objective and the means to do it. Yeah, it is hard, but that makes it even more fun when you win. Hell, I screen capped my first rebel win

• Locked thread