Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Cmon let us get a Zayn vs Juice Rob match out of all this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lol if he doesn't work a match

the only person signed to appear but not booked in a match is caleb konley so i guess welcome to the first match in your career anybody could care about, pal

he's not going to work though so maybe we'll get a real crowd hot for something at an evolve show for once

oatgan fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Oct 12, 2015

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

I thought he wouldn't be cleared to wrestle until 2016. What the hell is he doing on this show?

rovert posted:

gently caress it this is half on Twitter anyway. NXT is either sending a wrestler to EVOLVE or Sami Zayn is making an appearance this weekend. Those are the main two rumours.

I believe the Zayn thing more.

NXT is kind of OTT when it comes insurance, health and safety etc. Especially with the concussion lawsuits ongoing. For a contracted Wrestler to wrestle for EVOLVE there would have to be a written agreement of some sort, a WWE coach would have to be in attendance to "supervise". EVOLVE may end up having to use a WWE spec ring. Don't ask me if they do already. WWE has to protect shareholders from liability at the end of the day.

An appearance is lesser risk and a good "first toe in the water" for the relationship.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i hope so cal val cuts a promo on him

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Luigi Thirty posted:

God drat you Norman Smiley.

Actually I listened to MVP's podcast today and he credited Norman Smiley for exposing him to joshi tapes at WWE and making Manami Toyota his favorite female wrestler.

everyone says Toyota. believe Naomi said the same thing. weird because she was super sloppy which you'd think is something wrestlers care about.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

everyone says Toyota. believe Naomi said the same thing. weird because she was super sloppy which you'd think is something wrestlers care about.

I know Sasha responded with Akira Hokuto when asked about in on twitter

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Thauros posted:

Sasha proving once again she's the best.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Thauros posted:

Becky has always idolised AKINO. On a WWE Youtube video she said Jazz was her all time favourite.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Of course I'm not in NYC this weekend :negative:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

epitasis posted:

maybe nxt should have sent them a graphic designer first

wouldn't be a Gabe fed without everything looking as low-rent as possible at all times

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

rovert posted:

She's been training with Carlo Cannon in LA seemingly off her own accord. Carolo is a Lance Storm student.

Why would Carlo be training somone in LA when he is the head trainer of a wrestling school in Melbourne?

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
If I was a female wrestler, I'd say Ivory or Victoria were my idols. They are/were just so gosh darn good in the ring!

Anyways, I think Sami Zayn's absence has been the biggest heartbreak in NXT history, and here's hoping he comes back and has a big match with Kevin Owens at Wrestlemania for the Intercontinental Championship.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Testekill posted:

Why would Carlo be training somone in LA when he is the head trainer of a wrestling school in Melbourne?

I don't know if they still are dating or why he's in LA and she's in Florida but Carlo came to America with Peyton Royce/KC Cassidy.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

rovert posted:

I don't know if they still are dating or why he's in LA and she's in Florida but Carlo came to America with Peyton Royce/KC Cassidy.

I guess he hasn't wrestled with Melbourne City Wrestling since June so he could be there. I guess it's just kind of weird that he'd be over in LA training people when as you said he's dating KC and already is a head trainer at a school.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I love Bayley, but does she emote a lot more sadness since winning the title? It looks like she's either winning a match or about to cry.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This (edited for emphasis) gif happened on Raw tonight:

:cripes:

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
I respect Naomi's booty

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

same

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

AMReese posted:

I respect Naomi's booty

:vince: She calls this the rear view :vince:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Gabe Sapolsky in my email box posted:

October 13th: In an unprecedented move, Sami Zayn will be at EVOLVE 49 this Saturday in Queens, NY and EVOLVE 50 this Sunday in Long Island, NY. Here are the details:

-VIP ticket holders can take part in a meet and greet with Sami Zayn. This includes an autograph opportunity.

-If you have already purchased tickets, you can upgrade it to a VIP ticket at the events.

-Sami Zayn will make an in ring appearance on both events, but this will not be broadcast on live iPPV. It will be a special moment for fans in Queens and Deer Park. What will Zayn do? Who will he end up in the ring with? Be there and find out!

I don't know how I'm on the Gabe Sapolsky mailing list when I've never been to or purchased an Evolve, Shimmer, DGUSA, or ABCXYZ show

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Oct 13, 2015

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Luigi Thirty posted:

I don't know how I'm on the Gabe Sapolsky mailing list when I've never been to or purchased an Evolve, Shimmer, DGUSA, or ABCXYZ show
He does some shady stuff to get people's email addresses. He's a big carny baby.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Do guys who get signed need to delete their PWTs store? More importantly, could this be the last opportunity to buy the Biff lasers shirt

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
I just want Baron Corbin vs. Tim Thatcher.

iz all i want

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

duyarvish posted:

Do guys who get signed need to delete their PWTs store? More importantly, could this be the last opportunity to buy the Biff lasers shirt

Yeah you are kind of supposed to. Kevin Owens one was up for a long time after he signed though.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
NXT is going ahead with NXT Kids seemingly: http://www.backstage.com/casting/wwe-nxt-pilot-89863/

Another pilot: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x31qg7g

Obviously a great outlet for Bayley. But they've two women who haven't hit NXT TV where the show would be a good avenue for. Gionna Daddio who dresses like a hood rat and Nhooph Al-Areebi who used to dress similar to Princess Jasmin on the indies.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

So a saturday morning slam with... child commetators? Surely this wouldn't be a network thing seeing how paid internet services are generally not accessible to kids.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Blasmeister posted:

So a saturday morning slam with... child commetators? Surely this wouldn't be a network thing seeing how paid internet services are generally not accessible to kids.

The Network had the Slam City cartoon.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

rovert posted:

The Network had the Slam City cartoon.

Yeah I guess that's true. maybe the parent network haver demo is a lot larger than I give it credit for. Still, child actors, eesh.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Blasmeister posted:

Yeah I guess that's true. maybe the parent network haver demo is a lot larger than I give it credit for. Still, child actors, eesh.

Watch that Dailymotion video, Blasmeister when you have the chance. It is "smark kids" with scripted lines sassing the "dumb adult" Corey Graves on commentary. Cheap overdubbed content pretty much. Either old NXT matches or NXT dark matches.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Imagine being 10 years old and having a crazy old man in your ear screaming "NINE NINETY NINE. SAY IT. SAY IT AGAIN GOD DAMMIT"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Blasmeister posted:

Almost all the streaming I do is for kids stuff. Netflix even has a dedicated KIDS account we enable to block out my horror movie recomendations. Streaming content is an absolute godsend for us as parents because a) no commercials b) on demand so I'm not waiting for fuckin Peppa Pig to come on terrestrial tv and c) it allows you to stop and resume when your kid shits her pants in the middle of the show and you need to clean it up.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm glad they are using Corey Graves as the idiotic adult who gets chumped because its what he deserves with his hatred of the good wrestlers and his tattoos.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

rovert posted:

Watch that Dailymotion video, Blasmeister when you have the chance. It is "smark kids" with scripted lines sassing the "dumb adult" Corey Graves on commentary. Cheap overdubbed content pretty much. Either old NXT matches or NXT dark matches.

Lasted 10 minutes; I have a super low tolerance for the kid commentary so I'm not the best person to judge if this would appeal to children or not.

It's not all bad though:

flashy_mcflash posted:

Almost all the streaming I do is for kids stuff. Netflix even has a dedicated KIDS account we enable to block out my horror movie recomendations. Streaming content is an absolute godsend for us as parents because a) no commercials b) on demand so I'm not waiting for fuckin Peppa Pig to come on terrestrial tv and c) it allows you to stop and resume when your kid shits her pants in the middle of the show and you need to clean it up.

I guess I'm still thinking of 10+ years ago when signing up for internet stuff was considered risky and unusual by tech unsavvy parents.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Oct 13, 2015

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
My 13 year old cousin is a huge Bayley fan, she made a huge FB post before Takeover about how happy she is that there's finally a woman in wrestling she can look up to. I'm afraid of how poorly they're going to ruin her when she comes to RAW to feud with #TeamBella

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
How do you do a trivia question involving Cass and The Statue Of Liberty and not have the answer bring up that Copper is a SAWFT metal?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

'cause you can't teach that.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
NXT Kids owns, kid commentators iceburning Corey Graves owns.

Just my opinion, thanks.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

That DICK! posted:

'cause you can't teach that.

:golfclap:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
So regarding Eva Marie:

If she's the drizzling shits in the ring, why not make her a valet? Put her with Tyler Breeze. It makes sense Tyler would have a hot valet who's done modelling since he's got a model gimmick. Eva can distract the ref by being hot (like what her current angle is now), Tyler gets much-needed wins, and Eva does what she does best: standing there looking hot. Everyone's happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

rovert posted:

dresses like a hood rat

Are you loving kidding me?

NXT Kids is a great idea and I hope that they have a question about Bull Demosey stealing all the pies.

• Locked thread