Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Tujague posted:

Uh, oh, somebody's fee-fees are still all bruised and mad

Bc maybe if they trash something people like they will seem cool and aloof for once in their lives

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
it's my fave show to hate watch

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

I thought that season opener where they almost get eaten by cannibals was good and it gave me high hopes for the rest of the season but then it degraded back into its usual bullshit.

I still watch it because I'm a loving idiot and my existence is meaningless.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
It took me a while to realize the show was not very good, what made it pop was the governor; i was like woa a sympathetic villain arc, i did not expect something this deep (for the show) then 2 episodes later him leading the murderhobo rampage cause they couldn't figure out how to get them out of the drat prison set

and i was like hunghhhh and poo poo all over my face while jacking off

tvayisnihyaami
Dec 23, 2012

by Lowtax
i like how all zombies are mushy af in this show
just point a stick near their head and watch it go thru

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
I never gave a poo poo about this show until recently when they had it playing every day from 6pm/2am and I watched every episode because I literally had nothing better to do and the only character I liked was the bald rapist guy and the cross eyed lesbian girl

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

etalian posted:

hope glenn gets killed so Stephen Yeun can start a new career in comedy or late night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTvxIdEj3-U

He's was a good guest on the dvdasa podcast

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it's my favorite bad american tv drama

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

the telltale game is really good but i don't want to watch the TV show

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Wizgot posted:

Season one was good. Season two sucked rear end. Stopped watching. I think Fear of the Walking Dead is really good though. It could have been better but still...

:chloe:

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
You guys actually sit down and watch TV shows in 2015?

Baba Ganoush fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Oct 14, 2015

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i saw that gif. i know you're one of us

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
i saw the gif

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I've never watched either show because one of my friends is a zombie fetishist and says it's all amazing and I can't bring myself to watch it because I know the show will annoy me with people being stereotypically dumb as poo poo. Like every loving zombie film exists in a universe where zombie films aren't something that anyone has ever seen or thought about. It's insultingly stupid.

Oh hey this guy shambling about covered in blood with his arm hanging off is coming towards me, best go ask him what's up. Oh no I am being bitten by the man Oh god whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!

etc etc.

I'm just so loving bored of zombies, I get the idea that they represent an unrelenting doom but the people in the shows and films are all thick as gently caress and if this situation ever happened in reality I'd have murdered them all a long time ago because I just simply couldn't live with the black hole of intelligence that each person seems to be.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it's legitimately bad but i enjoy it because characters die when they gently caress up

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
season 1 was legit good but the rest have been really bland soapy type poo poo

what happened

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Now that under the dome has gone walking dead is the worst thing to see.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

quakster posted:

i saw that gif. i know you're one of us

drats

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

Troposphere posted:

it's my fave show to hate watch

i did this for waaaayy too long. save yourself and break it off now before spending an hour being irritated annoyed and disgusted becomes essential to you.

Edgar posted:

Z nation is a sillier show to watch.

this is true and is one of the reasons z nation is so much better. the other reasons it is better are: [every singe conceivable reason goes here]

Wicker Man posted:

Michonne, the samurai black chick, has some bangin' titties.

z-nation's spunky black chick has even bigger titties and is also able to use language and show facial expressions, another of the infinite reasons why it is so much better.

once again, a TWD thread has become a z-nation recruiting thread

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
trailers make znation look visually worse than twd; confirm/deny?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
The bad thing about Fear is they skipped the city turning and well.. the city. They better cram flashbacks like crazy once they have budget.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

quakster posted:

It has a mebbe 300 dollar an episode budget.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

kindermord posted:

z-nation's spunky black chick has even bigger titties and is also able to use language and show facial expressions, another of the infinite reasons why it is so much better.

she got a big ol' booty too

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
If you still watch the walking dead you probably have issues in your personal life. That's my professional opinion as a shitposter.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Fear The Walking Dead could be redeemed if Magic Rich Black Dude's boat is all high-tech and can purify water and generate electricity so they could load up with supplies and become like a well-equipped zombie survivor rescue team that travels up and down the west coast saving people.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

having never watched this is how I think it goes

"God shirley you are such a bitch, OH NO A ZOMBIE, whew good that's over, OH NO IT ISN'T THERE'S MORE, oh man finally we're safe WHAT WAS THAT NOISE"

am I close?

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
you made Shirley and the protagonist more likable than any of the actual characters on any of the shows

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

City of Tampa posted:

Fear The Walking Dead could be redeemed if Magic Rich Black Dude's boat is all high-tech and can purify water and generate electricity so they could load up with supplies and become like a well-equipped zombie survivor rescue team that travels up and down the west coast saving people.

they should become pirates

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

City of Tampa posted:

you made Shirley and the protagonist more likable than any of the actual characters on any of the shows
they should hire him to write for them imo

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

quakster posted:

hmmmm let's see...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK1jRs57wgc

ok it's not exactly premium 4k quality but imo it's not bad given their budget restrictions. the main 'cheepy' things i notice in the show are sound and lighting issues along with occasional community theater level acting performances. it still owns though.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
according to some rough calculations i did based on number of zombies killed per episode by the main cast and other comparable groups, all the people in the entire state of georgia should be long dead so why are there so many zombies wandering around in the woods

immersion ruined

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

quakster posted:

Znation has the budget of a youtube skateboarding video and community theater acting. But it understands that having a sense of humor about the material, and having the characters go places and do poo poo is far more entertaining than sitting around hand wringing. Unlike TWD it manages to make a zombie apocalypse that isn't boring as gently caress.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

88h88 posted:

I've never watched either show because one of my friends is a zombie fetishist and says it's all amazing and I can't bring myself to watch it because I know the show will annoy me with people being stereotypically dumb as poo poo. Like every loving zombie film exists in a universe where zombie films aren't something that anyone has ever seen or thought about. It's insultingly stupid.

Oh hey this guy shambling about covered in blood with his arm hanging off is coming towards me, best go ask him what's up. Oh no I am being bitten by the man Oh god whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!

etc etc.

I'm just so loving bored of zombies, I get the idea that they represent an unrelenting doom but the people in the shows and films are all thick as gently caress and if this situation ever happened in reality I'd have murdered them all a long time ago because I just simply couldn't live with the black hole of intelligence that each person seems to be.
This is why I'm enjoying Z Nation so much. I'm almost at the end of Season 1 and despite having many many silly things happen I don't recall any of the characters doing something stupid like they do in almost every episode of TWD. It's a parody but the characters don't actually take stupid decisions just to move the plot.

kindermord posted:

Those titties. :drat:

kindermord posted:

once again, a TWD thread has become a z-nation recruiting thread
And that's a great thing. I was highly skeptical given that it's from Asylum and I kind of dislike parodies even when they have a good budget but I gave it a try and it's unbelievable how much better it is than TWD. :getin:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Oct 14, 2015

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
the show now has a guy who is like a zen monk and uses a bo to kill zombies with to go with the katana weilding lady.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

kindermord posted:

i did this for waaaayy too long. save yourself and break it off now before spending an hour being irritated annoyed and disgusted becomes essential to you

my favorite show is once upon a time I am a masochist and I enjoy shows where idiots do idiot things

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
i enjoyed the first season but hate the rest. i read from the internet that they sacked the screenwriters of 1st season before the second season came along and replaced the screenwriters with dumb idiot babbies. i would like to take this opportunity to say that i want to kill the person responsible for this decision

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

They should've just lit the quarry full of zombies on fire

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
no it makes more sense to first recognize that the zombies get trapped in the quarry and that's why you don't have too many zombies attacking your settlement, and then decide to herd the zombies out of the quarry to ? because for some reason that's better than just blocking the rod out of the quarry and letting it trap zombies for you

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Anyone made it through the first episode of izombie yet? I couldn't make it through the opening credits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Edgar posted:

Anyone made it through the first episode of izombie yet? I couldn't make it through the opening credits

I actually like it, but it is really dumb. The zombie girl is hot af tho

• Locked thread