Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

on this weeks episode rick does a thing and justifies it with an "us or them" speech, and a person with 2 lines of dialogue dies 15 minutes into the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Ive never watched it cause zombie fad is gay as gently caress hth

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Happy Bear Suit posted:

on this weeks episode rick does a thing and justifies it with an "us or them" speech, and a person with 2 lines of dialogue dies 15 minutes into the show

this is every episode tho

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

they find a safe spot, it gets overrun with zombies or ruined by human stupidity. They then spend a few episodes back on the road.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
It is badass, I quite agree. No chicks I want to bone on it right now is my big issue with it. :shrug:

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
lol I watched fear the walking dead. gotta love jump the shark moment of killing everyone just to rescue some dude and a woman.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I've felt this way since season 1 episode 1. the zombie makeup and effects are incredible though

Lolly Poopdeck
Oct 21, 2010

by zen death robot
"Wow this bowl of horse poo poo is awful."
-OP

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
my friends say this show is good but whenever i've seen any of it the characters are just staring intensely at eachother?

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Libelous Slander posted:

my friends say this show is good but whenever i've seen any of it the characters are just staring intensely at eachother?

what else do you do when it's the apocalypse and there's no television

imurdaddy415
Sep 15, 2015

Edgar posted:

lol I watched fear the walking dead. gotta love jump the shark moment of killing everyone just to rescue some dude and a woman.

I am enjoying fear the walking dead much more. Maybe because it shows how most people would really react.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

usually the first ep and the last ep of each season are quite good and worth watching but almost everything in between is bad

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
I tried watching it - piss poor drama where everyone has issues with each other like a lame reality show - "Survivor - now with zombies!". The zombies are mostly something of an after thought at times and pretty lame. Just take a pointy stick or pitchfork to their heads, will ya and get it over with.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Thank you!

I thought I was the only one who didn't like it and I was worried I was missing something fundamental.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Strangely enough, the comic is really good at working with an ensemble cast, and the way the narrative steers people to the Prison, and the Prison largely becomes the culmination of every incidental characters' story arc is really well done, and it feels effortless when I imagine it must have taken a fair bit of pre-planning and careful plot construction to ensure that the final battle of the Prison arc is as satisfying as it is.

I never read past that though.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Quote-Unquote posted:

usually the first ep and the last ep of each season are quite good and worth watching but almost everything in between is bad

this a good strategy for this show

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Strangely enough, the comic is really good at working with an ensemble cast, and the way the narrative steers people to the Prison, and the Prison largely becomes the culmination of every incidental characters' story arc is really well done, and it feels effortless when I imagine it must have taken a fair bit of pre-planning and careful plot construction to ensure that the final battle of the Prison arc is as satisfying as it is.

I never read past that though.

Same. Everything after the prison is a chore to read.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Edgar posted:

My favorite part was when the parents went into a crackhouse covered in gore and didn't even try to call the police

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
It is ok, OP.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

The season with the farm and that dumbass old man was excruciatingly boring

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
I finally stopped watching after they killed Beth because it was so goddamn stupid and such an obvious "nothing has happened this season so lets bring back this character that everyone has forgotten about and kill them and it'll be soo shocking."

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Has anyone killed Carl's kid yet? I'd make that priority one

Edit: I mean Carl, Ricks kid.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 13, 2015

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

carl has a kid? i thought it was his sister. Did carl gently caress his mum as well as kill her?!

hosed up show.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Toadvine posted:

I've felt this way since season 1 episode 1. the zombie makeup and effects are incredible though

same

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

imurdaddy415 posted:

I am enjoying fear the walking dead much more. Maybe because it shows how most people would really react.

lmao yeah.

*is attacked by a literal undead person*

Huh, that's weird. Oh well.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
i find it impressive that all i hear is negative things about it but apparently viewership is still growing

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Gaunab posted:

i find it impressive that all i hear is negative things about it but apparently viewership is still growing

the big bang theory is a show that people watch

proof that most people are loving stupid

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Quote-Unquote posted:

carl has a kid? i thought it was his sister. Did carl gently caress his mum as well as kill her?!

hosed up show.

hosed up if true

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i watched the first season and a half.

in s2 i started rooting for them all to die, but no-one ever died so i quit bc it was boring and bad and basically a soap opera

i feel really bad for anyone who kept watching

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Gotta love how in ftwd the military didn't bother keeping an eye on the place with hundreds of zombies and didn't see poo poo until they were ten feet from the gate

gently caress the guy who let them all out is he actually supposed to be a sympathetic character?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

terrible show

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
rick is supposed to be missing a hand and carl needs to have brain damage from being shot in the face and the baby supposed to be shot in mommas tummy. Also the asian guy is supposed to die (hopefully during this season) by my favorite walking dead character of all time, Lucille.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
i like walking dead classic. fear the walking dead is insanely boring

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I thought it was going to be cool for a couple episodes when it started following the Governor around. But nope it went right back to same ol' poo poo. They do that a lot on the show I noticed. They'll introducing a character or concept that might be cool or interesting then poo poo all over it and render it pointless as soon as humanly possible.

Show makes me mad and I don't know why I watched all of it Netflix, but I hate myself for it.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Edgar posted:

rick is supposed to be missing a hand and carl needs to have brain damage from being shot in the face and the baby supposed to be shot in mommas tummy. Also the asian guy is supposed to die (hopefully during this season) by my favorite walking dead character of all time, Lucille.

uh spoilers? mods?

j/k i wasn't goign to watch that poo poo anyway

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Z nation is a sillier show to watch.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
And the guy that played the Governor was probably the best actor on the show and a way better Rick than Rick.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
should we simply reinforce the walls holding back this division's worth of zombies or should we do a cockamamie harebrained scheme wherein we trust the zombies to follow a road in a well organized column? the answer is the latter and if you disagree i will shoot ye

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i stopped watching a few seasons ago because yeeesh it got terrible and boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I watched izombie for exactly two minutes before I went and sat in my staring chair in the corner.

• Locked thread