Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

keyboard vomit posted:

if you get to work at 7 you can leave at 3

which is good so you can be in bed by 8:30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tusen Takk posted:

your boss probably doesn't count your hour lunch break :saddowns:

:newlol:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Tayter Swift posted:

which is good so you can be in bed by 8:30

you'll need to be so you can be into work by 6

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

keyboard vomit posted:

if you get to work at 7 you can leave at 3

:agreed:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

keyboard vomit posted:

cls: i bought a thing

are you drawing and designing more confidently?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

vaping thrillz

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

BeOSPOS posted:

are you drawing and designing more confidently?

it's a really good guide on architectural sketching, also the perfect size to throw in a pack for a hard surface

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Tusen Takk posted:

doesn't it have a storm system that's 100x larger than the earth

and that's where eddie redmayne hides his planet eating factory

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

cls: lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

The United States criminal justice system could be improved if we sell poor people convicted of crimes into slavery, according to Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee.

The former Arkansas governor weighed in on our nation’s current criminal justice system during an appearance yesterday on Mickelson in the Morning, a leading Iowa radio program.

Host Jan Mickelson began by bemoaning that the “criminal justice system has been taken over by progressives.” In order to fight back, he argued, conservatives should look to the biblical Book of Exodus. “It says, if a person steals, they have to pay it back two-fold, four-fold,” Mickelson explained. “If they don’t have anything, we’re supposed to take them down and sell them.”

Mickelson went on to argue why jails, which he claimed are a “pagan invention,” are inferior to slavery: “We indenture them and they have to spend their time not sitting on their stump in a jail cell, they’re supposed to be working off the debt.”

“Wouldn’t that be a better choice?” the host asked.

“Well, it really would be,” Huckabee replied without missing a beat. “Sometimes the best way to deal with a nonviolent criminal behavior is what you just suggested.”

lol wtf

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

c new j s: got a linkedin message from my oldest reference saying they called the switchboard at work, got patched through to his voicemail, left a message about contacting him for a reference, got his cell number and arranged a call and "it went well and it seems like they really want to hire you"

They're obviously putting in a ton of effort on all of this and it's a great sign but I'm a bundle of nerves waiting for actual confirmation / offer

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
welp, my job search is going slowly but i'm not too worried yet

as long as I don't end up at an oil company i think i'll be happy

(lol this is texas and half of the companies recruiting are oil & gas)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

computer parts posted:

lol this is texas

lol

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Get your PE and go design roads with Hovercraft

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

carry on then posted:

you'll need to be so you can be into work by 6

uhhhhh are you seriously waiting until that late to hit up the worksite gym, most equipment is taken if you're not there by 4:30

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

..conservatives should look to the biblical Book of Exodus.

Activities that would get you killed during the book of exodus time period:
  • Picking up sticks on the sabbath
  • Not being a virgin and getting married
  • Sodomy[16]
  • Taking the LORD's name in vain or cursing his name[21]
  • Disobeying a parent[26]

times were so good, i don't understand why anyone wouldn't want to go back.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

The United States criminal justice system could be improved if we sell poor people convicted of crimes into slavery, according to Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee.

The former Arkansas governor weighed in on our nation’s current criminal justice system during an appearance yesterday on Mickelson in the Morning, a leading Iowa radio program.

Host Jan Mickelson began by bemoaning that the “criminal justice system has been taken over by progressives.” In order to fight back, he argued, conservatives should look to the biblical Book of Exodus. “It says, if a person steals, they have to pay it back two-fold, four-fold,” Mickelson explained. “If they don’t have anything, we’re supposed to take them down and sell them.”

Mickelson went on to argue why jails, which he claimed are a “pagan invention,” are inferior to slavery: “We indenture them and they have to spend their time not sitting on their stump in a jail cell, they’re supposed to be working off the debt.”

“Wouldn’t that be a better choice?” the host asked.

“Well, it really would be,” Huckabee replied without missing a beat. “Sometimes the best way to deal with a nonviolent criminal behavior is what you just suggested.”

lol wtf

source your onion articles

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Silver Alicorn posted:

weed is pretty cool it gets you mad intoxicated but it's not like being drunk, time becomes segmented and you feel like you're flying or maybe you'll see cool colors? and maybe you'll be able to see into a higher or lower or other plane of existence or something. every trip is different

what the gently caress kind of weed are you smoking send me some

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 380 days!

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

you should already be awake by 7

Wrong

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

cls: wondering if i own a radio to listen to the dodgers/mets or UCLA/Stanford games

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

c uni s: the dude next to me consistently smells like BO

he's also wicked smart and relatively not autistic compared to many of my classmates which is weird

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

agreed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
epic baseball time

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tusen Takk posted:

c uni s: the dude next to me consistently smells like BO

he's also wicked smart and relatively not autistic compared to many of my classmates which is weird
What is bo

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

kalstrams posted:

What is bo

ur posting

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

kalstrams posted:

What is bo

body odour

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tusen Takk posted:

body odour
his body has bodily smell? :confused:

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

yeah but some peoples body is smell able from several feet away. if you didn't know this was possible, well... its u

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
*making voice baritone like a fog horn* beeeeeee ohhhhhhhhhh

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Clockwerk posted:

yeah but some peoples body is smell able from several feet away. if you didn't know this was possible, well... its u
oh, i just wouldn't call it bodily odour, more like stench or something

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
some indian men/women don't wear deodorant and there are two seriously rank people, one woman and one man at my floor. I pretty much hold my breath when I walk past them in the hallway or go into the break room when they are there

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Bhodi posted:

some indian men/women don't wear deodorant and there are two seriously rank people, one woman and one man at my floor. I pretty much hold my breath when I walk past them in the hallway or go into the break room when they are there

this is usually an HR issue as far as I am aware and coaching to advise of hygiene standards?

i've never run into this and work with many Indian people and this is not common but a myth as far as I can tell

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bhodi posted:

i had a friend in high school who refused to wear deodorant because "i use deodorant soap". he could smell so bad your eyes would water

he also owned a katana and a fedora

he was italian instead of indian, but they both begin with "i", so i think that should count

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
and how about the fuckin bulgarians huh? I wrote you a racist poem about how much I hate Bulgarians

Bulgaria: Land Of Bad Waiters

The restaurant is full of delicious food;
My mouth waters with anticipation.
The only thing here to spoil my mood
Is the Bulgarian waiter from the worst nation.

Why do you have to make me be rude?
Bulgarian waiter, you garbage ape,
Bring me that incredible Bulgarian food;
I can’t wait to eat a Bulgarian crepe.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Sniep posted:

this is usually an HR issue as far as I am aware and coaching to advise of hygiene standards?

i've never run into this and work with many Indian people and this is not common but a myth as far as I can tell
I wouldn't say it's common but all it takes is one in a hundred and you notice so i asked my indian friend about it and yeah they don't use deodorant in india at all, it's just not really for sale (in china either, and probably other places too)

most start buying it but some either don't get the message or ignore it completely

they are prob. the goons of the group

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Sniep posted:

and how about the fuckin bulgarians huh? I wrote you a racist poem about how much I hate Bulgarians

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sniep posted:

what makes the waiters so bad in bulgary?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

prefect posted:

what makes the waiters so bad in bulgary?

i have no idea but i looked it up after the clickventure that had it in there and apparently it's a fairly prevalent stereotype? news to me

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sniep posted:

i have no idea but i looked it up after the clickventure that had it in there and apparently it's a fairly prevalent stereotype? news to me

there are a lot of stereotypes i have no clue about. i remember seeing a saturday night live sketch where james bond was on a non-government-funded vacation and it turned out he was really cheap, because i guess scottish people are cheap? maybe the sketch was funny if you knew that ahead of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

prefect posted:

there are a lot of stereotypes i have no clue about. i remember seeing a saturday night live sketch where james bond was on a non-government-funded vacation and it turned out he was really cheap, because i guess scottish people are cheap? maybe the sketch was funny if you knew that ahead of time

scrooge mcduck

• Locked thread