Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hmm, maybe we could take OP's "heygal" character (not the actual poster, but OP's version) and put em in different moments in history. Like talking to generals and stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

whose heygal

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i dunno.
i think the doing impressions while reading posts from the military history thread is the best idea i got, it could be pretty funny

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sherman did nothing wrong.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

The amount of pictures on the internet of Nazi's posing with Nazi's in fursuits is amazing. They really were the worst.

Also, HEY GAL did nothing wrong.

Molentik fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Oct 16, 2015

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
OP did not include a parody of Keldoclock, a teenager who longs to die in honorable combat for a noble cause and is studying to become a drone pilot for the US military to make this happen

Voted 1

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

ArchangeI posted:

OP did not include a parody of Keldoclock, a teenager who longs to die in honorable combat for a noble cause and is studying to become a drone pilot for the US military to make this happen

Voted 1

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

fits my needs posted:

Wonder if hey gal smells

moldy straw and sweatstains

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

How many tank destroyers does gay black hitler need to stop capitalist Stalin, Anti-Smoker Health Nut Churchill, and Olympic Powerlifter FDR?

Bacontotem fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 16, 2015

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
I only shitpost in the actual thread. Does this mean i have to effortpost here?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I particularly enjoyed a guy at uni who claimed that re-enactors were the third pillar of the archaeologists/historians/??? triad that made up our understanding of the past.

Hazzard
Mar 16, 2013
Look at this picture!
(Renaissance artwork.png)
Look at it! Look at the manly dresses! Look at their hands! Look at that swastika, wait no, that's a Star of David, nevermind.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

mr.capps posted:

OK, maybe we could recreate great moments in military history, but make them relate to the internet?

Or we could record ourselves reading posts of the military history thread, but while doing impressions of famous people.

Do you mean like celebs? I'm all about celebs more celebs

AdvancesMONKEY
Mar 30, 2010

by Lowtax
The guy who does the daily world war 1 posts and the guy who posts in insane detail about various bullets are easy to ignore and if their stuff was collected together it would be very interesting.

ALSO HOLY poo poo THAT KLEODSOSKPEK GUY AND HIS loving GLIDERS. Lets have world war 2 cargo planes pull gliders full of guys! Seriously thats the worst idea ive ever heard.

El Boot
Mar 18, 2009

Thank Dog It's Friday

Robo Reagan posted:

i know a guy irl who brags about his great gandfather being in the SS and whenever he talks about nazis (which is a lot) he refers to them as us and our

he's a 5'0 fat dude with greasy hair and lipstick that graduated high school like five minutes ago but he wont be a problem for too much longer because he willingly got HIV from his boyfriend of like two months

tlc fall lineup lookin good

Keldoclock
Jan 5, 2014

by zen death robot

ArchangeI posted:

studying to become a drone pilot for the US military to make this happen

AdvancesMONKEY posted:

ALSO HOLY poo poo THAT KLEODSOSKPEK GUY AND HIS loving GLIDERS.

Operation Deadstick.
Operation Tonga.
Operation Market Garden

GRVIII BVIII MVIII

Glider infantry is the grand-daddy of air assault. This is why it was underused, the generals of the time just didn't know the capabilities as we do.

Also, you should buy Trin Trangula's book, if that's what you want.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Keldoclock posted:

Operation Deadstick.
Operation Tonga.
Operation Market Garden

GRVIII BVIII MVIII

Glider infantry is the grand-daddy of air assault. This is why it was underused, the generals of the time just didn't know the capabilities as we do.

it would be very good if you stayed out of rowdy trout and went back to the a/t thread that hates you, thanks

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
G b s m o t h e r f u c k e r

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Keldoclock posted:

Operation Deadstick.
Operation Tonga.
Operation Market Garden

GRVIII BVIII MVIII

Looks like meats back on the menu boys

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
lmao milhist thread is analysing gbs sexism

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
this is the best thread ever made

TresTristesTigres
Feb 14, 2013

Posts from UnDeR9R0Und

McDowell posted:

Harry Turtledove WW2 where lizard men from space show up and watch people have sex.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Parallax Scroll posted:

i like regular history

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Hey have you guys heard about that bear in ww2

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Robo Reagan posted:

i know a guy irl who brags about his great gandfather being in the SS and whenever he talks about nazis (which is a lot) he refers to them as us and our

he's a 5'0 fat dude with greasy hair and lipstick that graduated high school like five minutes ago but he wont be a problem for too much longer because he willingly got HIV from his boyfriend of like two months

well if the nazis loved anything it was homosexuality let him have his fun

people who are really into military history are pretty much seen as weirdos even among actual academics who are a pretty weird bunch to begin with

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
I think you'll find that most people agree with Hitler's methods, they just disagree on who's the master race and who should be genocided.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Waroduce posted:

Hey have you guys heard about that bear in the truck stop restroom?

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

And the bears name was Gavin.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Baracula posted:

lmao milhist thread is analysing gbs sexism

Did they figure out that their lack of historical military participation makes women lower than dogs, elephants or even that bear? P much women shouldn't have rights is what u should conclude from military history, impho.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
hey gal has a glass eye (no really)

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
ive played a lot of video games in my 20 years on the internet and I have to say people who like dragoons are worse than people who like dragons

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Weed definitely enhances it

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Ork of Fiction posted:

Did they figure out that their lack of historical military participation makes women lower than dogs, elephants or even that bear? P much women shouldn't have rights is what u should conclude from military history, impho.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
i bet hey gal looks exactly like mark from peep show

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

its 700 pages so can I just assume the op starts out eager and knowledgable but it only takes like 2 pages of questions before faglord spergs are all "hope you don't mind me answering some of these questions hoho" *50 page derail on which is the best polearm*?

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Oct 17, 2015

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Horniest Manticore posted:

i bet hey gal looks exactly like mark from peep show

that's her on the left

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Horniest Manticore posted:

hey gal has a glass eye (no really)

whose is it :smug:

naem
May 29, 2011

HAVE I ME TIONED HOW MUCH I ENJOYED THE CIDEO GAME "SKYRIM????"????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdvancesMONKEY
Mar 30, 2010

by Lowtax
Ok so I'm sorry I said mean things about Hey Gal, who is cool, if a little to prolific for my tastes. Sorry heygal!

• Locked thread