Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DM Punk posted:

Contracted NXT people are becoming more paranoid and worried about their spots and/or jobs.

I guess Rhyno gets a pass because he's old school ECW/WWF. But Leva is a prime example of getting poo poo on for no reason other than she's perceived as taking up someone's spot.

I would not be shocked at all to hear about Gargano having heat with the boys if he continues to get used and not signed.

I really can't blame someone for being annoyed at PPA people getting a better spot and pay than them.

Leva's conduct was a problem DM Punk I am sorry. You can clasp at straws and rationalise all you want. For all the claims of her being over or the most over acts on the roster she didn't sell Owens or Joe level numbers merch wise to compel them to sign her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I heard Bayley gave Tye Dillinger a hugplex tonight. This intergender poo poo is outta control.

pictures of hugplex: https://twitter.com/Manic_Pineapple/status/655563020140216320

apparently not the first time Bayley has done an intergender spot at a house show. do those ever happen on main WWE house shows? I know the reason it's not on TV is advertisers, so I wouldn't be shocked

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

rovert posted:

Anyone thought highly of Patrick from Tough Enough? Seemed like a nice guy that was passionate but my instinct never told me they should hire him:

http://411mania.com/wrestling/former-tough-enough-contestant-patrick-clark-reportedly-signs-with-wwe/

He has a cool finish and he was the only likable one from tough enough so he's fine

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

rovert posted:

she didn't sell Owens or Joe level numbers merch wise to compel them to sign her.

why didn't they just sell plain blue leggings at a huge markup

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

WadeBartender posted:

He has a cool finish and he was the only likable one from tough enough so he's fine

I'm sure he scored a lot of points with some of the old-timers by being the only person to watch Beast in the East live

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rovert posted:

It is a truism but as I've said in the past hiring wise there's people who really, really Johnny and there's people who don't.

Him tonight being (still) billed as the face of EVOLVE is kind of interesting. As Gabe may already be taking his cues from WWE. But Gargano has always been that guy for Gabe to be fair.

It is pretty hard to get noticed in NXT anyway with your indie all stars on the roster - Balor, Crews etc. So the EVOLVE article on the WWE website really ticked NXT trainees off Friday and lowered morale. So apparently NXT vs EVOLVE talent will be a big story internally over the next six months. With the likes of Biff Busick and Rich Swann joining NXT the in house trainees fall further down the pecking order too.
if only wwe was this progressive during the invasion

rovert posted:

Leva's conduct was a problem DM Punk I am sorry. You can clasp at straws and rationalise all you want. For all the claims of her being over or the most over acts on the roster she didn't sell Owens or Joe level numbers merch wise to compel them to sign her.
her poo poo looked like rear end who would buy it

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oatgan posted:

her poo poo looked like rear end who would buy it

I don't understand her fanbase and why they claim she's a great wrestler despite video evidence that she isn't so I am the wrong man to ask.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Her shirt was silly and pretty terrible. Kinda fits the gimmick honestly. I bet it outsells some other NXT shirts though.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

rovert posted:

I don't understand her fanbase and why they claim she's a great wrestler despite video evidence that she isn't so I am the wrong man to ask.

she was smiley and fun and got to play off Enzo/Cass who are very good

I like wrestlers who are smiley and not brooding jerks, makes me actually want them to win, even if they're just a random jobber

I don't know if anyone here really claims she's a great wrestler, just a fun character, and one I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Wrestlers are whiny manchildren, film at 11

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why would that be on the news?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

epitasis posted:

why would that be on the news?

was there a murder suicide involved

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DM Punk posted:

Her shirt was silly and pretty terrible. Kinda fits the gimmick honestly. I bet it outsells some other NXT shirts though.

But no one is saying Mojo Rawley is the most over person on the roster though.

Yet

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

rovert posted:

because she always looks like she's having fun doing her job, has a simple but very distinctive gimmick, and is physically charismatic, and at that point your wrestling skills are secondary for most people

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

achillesforever6 posted:

So I take it with Johnny Gargano winning that match at the Evolve show means he probably isn't getting a deal?

Guess that will make a lot of people on twitter happy seeing how they think he sucks for some reason.

Supposedly they never intended to give him a deal to begin with, they're just using him and Ciampa and potentially a couple others on an occasional basis like they were originally going to do with Samoa Joe before they decided they wanted to bury ROH instead.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He didn't tear anything, I think he might have gotten stronger during rehab :unsmith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

God I can't wait to hear his happy music again :allears:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

God I can't wait to hear his happy music again :allears:

i have my mgs 5 chopper music set to his theme, always happy :D

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
I'm just wondering how long it will be until Mike Hayes gets signed to WWE.

Also, I'm curious as to how Sami will change his entrance to prevent another injury. Maybe just nod instead of whipping his arms around like a lunatic?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

he'll pull a daniel bryan and start swinging his arms more wildly than ever

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

he'll be dead in a week

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Having Gargano come in regularly even while being big name at Evolve isn't strange; all it means is that they'll get to reinforce that even the top people in Evolve will get beaten by midcarders in NXT. If there's going to be a working relationship of some kind I would expect WWE to try and put them "in their place".

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

most forms of skanking to the beat do not require shoulder movements, so all sami has to do is follow the path laid before him by the bosstone

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Those mighty, mighty bosstones

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

That's the impression that I get as well.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'd be worried about Sami's workrate after such a long break, but I'm sure he's just gonna pick it up, pick it up, pick it up.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I heard Bayley gave Tye Dillinger a hugplex tonight. This intergender poo poo is outta control.

She also hit a stunner on Bliss and Finn did some sort of human centipede boston crab. Oh and I got to see Dash & Dawson vs. Jordan & Gable. That show ruled.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Dias posted:

pick it up, pick it up, pick it up.

Sami needs a relaxing weekend in LA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_9Zl_fSwd4

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
If I was some no name trainee who was finally getting some footing Id be pretty upset to see people with years more of experience and already established fanbases coming in to work for my company too

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

duyarvish posted:

If I was some no name trainee who was finally getting some footing Id be pretty upset to see people with years more of experience and already established fanbases coming in to work for my company too

what do you think they're trying to do there, train people? gently caress off, NXT exists so I can see my favorite indie wrestlers with different names

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Ruggington posted:

he'll be dead in a week

From arm trauma?

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
If you were someone like Dawson and Wilder would you not be pissed if your push was brushed aside because the Young Bucks decided they want to sign now?

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

He didn't tear anything, I think he might have gotten stronger during rehab :unsmith:

The best part of this appearance is Sami telling Chris Gethard about the first time someone told him ska isn't cool.

duyarvish posted:

If you were someone like Dawson and Wilder would you not be pissed if your push was brushed aside because the Young Bucks decided they want to sign now?

Let me put it this way: CJ Parker was one slot below Tyler Breeze in the FCW era talent, saw the signings of Devitt, KENTA, and Steen, then asked for his release so he could go to NJPW.

Sigma fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 18, 2015

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
So if you're lucky you can quit, toil around the indies getting booked on CZW undercard now and again and then move to the opposite side of the country to start at the absolute bottom of the totem pole?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

duyarvish posted:

So if you're lucky you can quit, toil around the indies getting booked on CZW undercard now and again and then move to the opposite side of the country to start at the absolute bottom of the totem pole?

Yep! Welcome to the real world cowboy. Should have been better.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

duyarvish posted:

You forgot to mention being so beloved by everyone at WWE that they swoop in and set you up with NJPW when you announce your intent to retire. No sweat

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I mean if there's one thing you can definitely say it's that NJPW is waiting with open arms for any gaijin that people feel aren't being treated fairly by WWE developmental

In all seriousness, more wrestlers should take after Brian Pillman and realize that being a salaried jobber is an amazing position to be in. gently caress what the fans think, find a bare patch of skin on the WWE juggernaut and get as much blood as you can before they remove you. You'd be doing as much travelling for the indies for less money and more neck bumps, assuming you were a draw, which you're not, even if people give you mild praise for your selling and character work and everybody you meet loves you.

Nobody's pretending there's anything for Zack Ryder out in the indie world. Chris Hero found success because he'd already had it and he obviously wasn't about the NXT training regimen. Bull Dempsey isn't going to show up at BOLA if he quits. Tye Dillinger won't get an ROH midcard role like Sydal.

And that's not even getting into the fact that a guy like Cesaro is more than likely getting a very sweet contract even if he's a jobber in the crowd's eyes, because he serves greater corporate purposes for the WWE in Europe. Zayn and Hideo are probably getting the same for being key promotional assets in the Middle East and Japan, respectively. It's no longer enough to have a world champ who draws around the world (if that's even possible), you have to have brand ambassadors for every market. They will keep you on payroll and push you as a big deal in your home market even if you're losing on TV.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 18, 2015

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

duyarvish posted:

If anything it would prepare them for the main roster where that type of poo poo happens all the time.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Besides, the Young Bucks would make Dash and Dawson look like champs. It's like what Asuka did for Dana. All you have to do in those situations is hold on and you look like a star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

duyarvish posted:

I like dawson and wilder but that's what happens on the main roster. Names come in and displace someone. Don't care. If they want to stay and fight they should.

• Locked thread