Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

Linux Pirate posted:

looks cool

kinda weird how they got rid of the classical score, is John Williams even working on this one?

I thought the same, the themes were there, but stylistically it didn't sound like John Williams. But apparently, yes, it is Williams doing the score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Raere posted:

space duggars

Jim Boba Fett

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
Haha all the people "guys stars wars is just to push toys and merchandise you guuuuys listen" like they're dropping heavy truth on the 30 year old lifelong nerds in GBS. Nobody thinks Disney is making Star Wars movies just because they thought it'd be fun you dense fucks.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

TEAYCHES posted:

remember that time luke kissed his sister

remember when i kissed your mom.

it was last night.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
angry black man needs outlet for his rage, turns to an ancient religion, builds his own weapon, and commits acts of terror

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Peebla posted:

Haha all the people "guys stars wars is just to push toys and merchandise you guuuuys listen" like they're dropping heavy truth on the 30 year old lifelong nerds in GBS. Nobody thinks Disney is making Star Wars movies just because they thought it'd be fun you dense fucks.

i had thought that star wars was art for art's sake until this thread showed me the truth

BelgianWaffle
Aug 25, 2002
damn Belgian
Were there black men in the original starwars?

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

BelgianWaffle posted:

Were there black men in the original starwars?

Lando and Chewblacaa, to name just two!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
HAI GUYZ I'M PIIIIIISSED ABOUT THIS NEW STAR WARS TRAILER BECAUSE I TAKE FANTASY WAY TOO GODDAMN SERIOUSLY AND ALSO I'VE NEVER TOUCHED A BOOB.

Moltke
May 13, 2009
i like star wars

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
only would watch for black jedi

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gaunab posted:

only would watch for black jedi

They're actually pretty lovely

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
the black man looks perpetually terrified,is this a running joke with whoever edits these trailers?

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Toadvine posted:

the black man looks perpetually terrified,is this a running joke with whoever edits these trailers?

He's surrounded by white people all the time, hth.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They're actually pretty lovely

hey, if it wasn't for anakin he would have saved the galaxy

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Peebla posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1pn4bTAQWA

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

i remember when the prequels came out and the critics were calling it complete poo poo, people would say "well the originals had bad critical reviews too"

no they didn't, fuckin lol

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

cloverfield - poo poo
super 8 - poo poo
star trek into darkness - poo poo
lost - poo poo

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
ya but the first jj star trek was like the best movie for 10 years so

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Are there big alien titties in the movie?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

nomadologique posted:

ya but the first jj star trek was like the best movie for 10 years so

thats because he made it all star wars but it really pissed off traditional star trek fans who actually liked odd numbered star trek movies

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Toadvine posted:

He's from Ferguson.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

FogHelmut posted:

cloverfield - poo poo
super 8 - poo poo
lost - poo poo

but those were all go- ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Nuts and Gum posted:

So why did leia make out with her brother? Was it Lucas had no idea what the gently caress he was doing and improvised or does this make sense in space logic?

Both!

1) Lucas was planning on doing six movies and spending time developing a second major female character as Luke's sister, but he got burned out on Star Wars. He had one film to wrap up the "another Skywalker" subplot, and Leia was the only familiar character who could fit the bill.

2) Siblings who are raised apart don't benefit from the Westermarck effect and may be attracted to each other if they meet as adults. It's called genetic sexual attraction.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I like how Lucas got all the original series cast members to sign away their likeness for merchandizing reasons.

also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9OaCuUlCAU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

He's surrounded by white people all the time, hth.
literal stormtroopers, even

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

quakster posted:

literal stormtroopers, even

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
they should make a movie about the interim period that's just Darth Vader cruising the galaxy and murdering Jedi. Or make it a TV show even. Darth Vader would be the main character slash antihero and they could paint the Jedi in a bad light even though you know ultimately Vader is the bad guy.

it could be like a detective show or something but at the end Vader brutally murders the Jedi instead of arresting them.

I'd watch the poo poo out of that.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

They should hype all the prequels but then actually show Space Balls in all the theaters.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

cloverfield - poo poo
super 8 - poo poo
lost - poo poo
that star trek movie was just fine but it was the least star trek think ive ever seen
action movie where the characters coincidentally have the same names as star trek characters

looking forward to these Space Wars movies

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I'm still calling it that you don't see Luke as he dies at the end setting up the black dude to take over from him.
Luke Space Ghost grinning like a retard, then lens flare, then credits.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you all know this is going to be bad, why even try to deny it

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

happyhippy posted:

I'm still calling it that you don't see Luke as he dies at the end setting up the black dude to take over from him.
Luke Space Ghost grinning like a retard, then lens flare, then credits.

It actually ends with the black guy getting pulled over for having a broken tail light on his landspeeder.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Waltzing Along posted:

Good movies coming soon:

Peanuts
Spectre
The Good Dinosaur
Hateful 8
Revenant

Star Wars is not on the list.

Thank you drive through.

what is it like only getting your opinions from other people?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
space balls is a mediocre mel brooks movie

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

so i've got tickets for this thing and somehow it seems like it's being released december 16 in theaters in my countries rather than the world release of december 18. i guess that's good, but honestly i don't have that high hopes for it.

me and a group of friends are all gonna go dressed as george lucas, looking more forward to that.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Randarkman posted:

me and a group of friends are all gonna go dressed as george lucas, looking more forward to that.

if you're just going as fat nerds I don't think you can really call that dressing up

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

if you're just going as fat nerds I don't think you can really call that dressing up

its gonna be great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Phlairdon posted:

I thought the same, the themes were there, but stylistically it didn't sound like John Williams. But apparently, yes, it is Williams doing the score.

I think they are doing that on purpose; never breaking into a full burst with the music (other than the battle music), so that people aren't burnt out on hearing it when it hits them in the theater.

A smart move.

• Locked thread