Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

carry on then posted:

what are we talking here, a trump republican or a bush republican

trump but carson would work for him too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Bhodi posted:

You read the pics thread, right? http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3703904&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1122#post451689685

any similar "Did you enjoy" work-related questions are immediately routed into the old "I enjoy being able to eat and pay my rent" joke and has been for years, i just don't toe the line, i'm not blatant about it but if someone pushes i'll give an honest answer because i really just don't care that much and luckily can afford not to

I had not caught up with the pics thread, thank you for showing me that

I think the test chatter will fade pretty fast and I believe that I will not overtly hear anything else about it, even if I get stuck at this job. Whether or not the information trickles out in dribs and drabs is another thing. Like I believe my direct manager may not see my score sheet, but that doesn't mean anything and like prefect said, this is a no-win scenario all around

This same new CEO implemented a "reward" system where people get nominated every month to be the winner of a Genius Award and they get a sticker that says Genius and they get a special banner they are encouraged to put in their email sig, and like a $10 starbucks card

Encouraging people to compare intelligence test results and froth at the mouth over meaningless tokens is actually super offensive to me and I'm trying to tell people it feels like we're being intentionally pit against each other and I either get "a little competition is healthy" or "you're being too sensitive" so I give up, this job is literally a prank

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shaggar posted:

cjs: have some css to do and I just cant deal with it

shaggars enterprise medical webapp, with bonus hipaa complaint portal. epic as f*ck

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

PipeRifle posted:

This same new CEO implemented a "reward" system where people get nominated every month to be the winner of a Genius Award and they get a sticker that says Genius and they get a special banner they are encouraged to put in their email sig, and like a $10 starbucks card
"You made the company a few hundred thousand dollars? Here's a $10 '-attaboy', go get yourself a latte"

pretty sure even scott adams made that joke in one of his books, it was the one that had the weird chapter in the back about positive thinking actually warping reality

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

literally handing out Grape Job stickers to adult humans at work and expecting them to bow and say it's a great honor while their colleagues seethe and plot against them, waiting the glorious day when they will get their own sticker

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

PipeRifle posted:

Boss just came over and she was like "how do you think you did?" and I said "Ehh, it doesn't really matter, right?" and she said "no but I'm curious, like how many questions did you get through? Did you think it was hard?" and I said "I think we're not supposed to talk about it" and she made a face and was like "well it's not going to factor into your performance evaluation or anything, I'm just trying to get a sense of how people felt about it" and I said "I'm not comfortable discussing it" and she just stared at me for a long second and then literally flapped her hands and was like "okay well you're being weird about it I guess, Sherry how do you think you did??" and moved onto the next person

lmao

carry on then posted:

what are we talking here, a trump republican or a bush republican

which one is more likely to be a loud boorish gently caress in the middle of lunch

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cat Face Joe posted:

trump but carson would work for him too

trump has been trolling the gently caress out of jeb bush, and that pleases me greatly

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

prefect posted:

trump has been trolling the gently caress out of Jeb!, and that pleases me greatly

agreedo

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

prefect posted:

trump has been trolling the gently caress out of jeb bush, and that pleases me greatly

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2015/10/17/3713554/guide-to-whether-george-w-bush-was-president-on-911/

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Bhodi posted:

"You made the company a few hundred thousand dollars? Here's a $10 '-attaboy', go get yourself a latte"

pretty sure even scott adams made that joke in one of his books, it was the one that had the weird chapter in the back about positive thinking actually warping reality

http://www.amazon.com/1501-Reward-Employees-Nelson-Ph-D/dp/0761168788

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

either the daily or nightly show had a clip of jeb on one of the sunday shows, and the reporter actually asked him how benghazi is obama's fault but 9/11 isn't george w's fault. it was like asking a robot "what is love?" :allears:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

prefect posted:

either the daily or nightly show had a clip of jeb on one of the sunday shows, and the reporter actually asked him how benghazi is obama's fault but 9/11 isn't george w's fault. it was like asking a robot "what is love?" :allears:

yeah i saw that. it was incredible :allears:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

yeah here we go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe9CUl6pf_E

you can see the moment where his brain has to make a sudden shift from NOT THE PRESIDENTS FAULT to IT IS THE PRESIDENTS FAULT

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

c uni s: Holy poo poo I got RapidMiner to do what I want it to do! :getin:

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

bump_fn posted:

lol I got contacted by a recruiter at a hedge fund

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27nCc2eiERM

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
happy birthday piperifle! Are you old now?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Notorious QIG posted:

yeah here we go:

you can see the moment where his brain has to make a sudden shift from NOT THE PRESIDENTS FAULT to IT IS THE PRESIDENTS FAULT

lmao

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

well i, uh, the question on benghazi, which hopefully we will now finally get the, get the truth, is was it secure?

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?

Notorious QIG posted:

well i, uh, the question on benghazi, which hopefully we will now finally get the, get the truth, is was it secure?

you can see the moment when the switch flips in his brain, i have never seen a human being reset like that

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

BooLoo posted:

I can feel 30 on the horizon no, the other one :(

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

BooLoo posted:

Very

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Notorious QIG posted:

yeah here we go:

they should make a movie like die hard or whatever where there's a secret group of elite terrorists plotting to do something horrible, but the twist is there is no steven seagal character fighting to stop them. instead the protagonist is george w. bush played by will ferrell and the plan goes off without a hitch.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Solus M.D. posted:

you can see the moment when the switch flips in his brain, i have never seen a human being reset like that

one of the cool things about acid breaking my head of being a conservative shitlord is that i can think and speak and reason freely because of projection and empathy and logic and not have to search for 'poo poo why did i think that way again urrrr uhhhh'

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

cjs: gonna leave early so i can go to the bank

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

c uni s: really nice classmate who is kind of weird and smells ripe all the time just picked his nose and ate it

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

PipeRifle posted:

I can feel 30 on the horizon no, the other one :(

so 40?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Tusen Takk posted:

c uni s: really nice classmate who is kind of weird and smells ripe all the time just picked his nose and ate it

don't doxx me

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Bhodi posted:

I hope you believe this like you believe "Anonymous" work-related feedback surveys with comment fields encouraging you to go into as much detail as possible

lol if you don't actually go into as much detail as possible on those

like, what's literally the worst that can happen

now consider the likelihood of that adjusted for what you are writing

is it so bad?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
According to reports, Bobby-Jo, 53, of Charlotte, North Carolina was known by friends as a hardcore Star Wars fan. His wife, Sarah Garrison, also a Star Wars fan, attended comic-con every year dressed up as storm troopers. However, Mrs. Garrison would find her husband unresponsive with a suicide note saying “Make America White Again.”

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

No I am just being an alarmist, in reality I am 34 years young today

Does that shock you? Does my capricious playfulness when posting belie a young sprat of a boy? Does my curmudgeonly dislike for most material and immaterial objects and concepts invoke the image of an old crank yelling at neighborhood kids? Good. I endeavor to post from within a shroud of mystery

Maybe I'm lying. Maybe I'm 70. Maybe I'm 26. Maybe I'm a timeless entity like Q from Star Trek only instead of messing with Picard I just want to make bad posts

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

PipeRifle posted:

Does that shock you? Does my capricious playfulness when posting belie a young sprat of a boy? Does my curmudgeonly dislike for most material and immaterial objects and concepts invoke the image of an old crank yelling at neighborhood kids? Good. I endeavor to post from within a shroud of mystery

Maybe I'm lying. Maybe I'm 70. Maybe I'm 26. Maybe I'm a timeless entity like Q from Star Trek only instead of messing with Picard I just want to make bad posts

Youre old

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

yeah

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

poo poo

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

I'm young and immortal

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

and dumb. God, you're dumb

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

we are all children compared to the age of the universe

*dons fedora* *takes puff off vape*

literal. children.

*walks away humming attack on titan theme*

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Tusen Takk posted:

we are all children compared to the age of the universe

*dons fedora* *takes puff off vape*

literal. children.

*walks away humming attack on titan theme*

:okpos:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

PipeRifle posted:

what are all these words

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

same.

Cat Face Joe posted:

and dumb. God, you're dumb

also, same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

cjs: i seriously feel like doing nothing, i got 1.5 weeks left here and dont care about anything - -500 motivation points out of +500 to finish

• Locked thread