Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I have some questions regarding movement during a blitz/block :

Not counting GFI's, say my dude has move 6.
I move 3 spaces, and block. I choose to follow up. I assume that follow up counts as a move so I can move 2 extra spaces after the block.
If I choose NOT to follow up, can I then move 3 more spaces?

What about Frenzy, will those two follow ups count as 2 moves?

Also sometimes (far too often) when I GFI into a block, the opposing player smacks me down (quite comical) Is that just because of a failed GFI before the block?

And what happens if I GFI to maximum range, and THEN initiate a frenzy block? Will my player move further or will he fail to the ground? Can he fail a GFI roll between two blocks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
The block, if you follow it up or do not, counts as one movement. So no, not following up a block on a blitz does not save you one movement square.

Yes, frenzy follow ups require and use up movement. They will even make you roll GFI's if necessary. You can absolutely fail these and turnover.

The getting punched in the face animation before a blitz is in fact you failing the GFI needed to make the block on the defender. It's probably because there is no good way of animating failing a GFI into a square already occupied.

Jade Star fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Oct 20, 2015

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Evernoob posted:

Not counting GFI's, say my dude has move 6.
I move 3 spaces, and block. I choose to follow up. I assume that follow up counts as a move so I can move 2 extra spaces after the block.
If I choose NOT to follow up, can I then move 3 more spaces?

Throwing the block costs 1 move itself during a blitz, but following up is free. You have 2 movement after the block, but keep in mind that this is regardless of following up or not, and gfi's are rolled before the block attempt and not after.

Evernoob posted:

What about Frenzy, will those two follow ups count as 2 moves?

The two frenzy blocks cost 1 movement each.

Evernoob posted:

Also sometimes (far too often) when I GFI into a block, the opposing player smacks me down (quite comical) Is that just because of a failed GFI before the block?

yep

Evernoob posted:

And what happens if I GFI to maximum range, and THEN initiate a frenzy block? Will my player move further or will he fail to the ground? Can he fail a GFI roll between two blocks?

If a frenzy player uses both his gfi's to throw his first punch, he can no longer move and won't get a second punch.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Thanks for the answers you both. I didn't know "not following up" actually didn't save me a move.

Yesterday I played a match against 1800TV dwarves. All his linemen had Guard/Stand Firm/MB. That would have been one hard match for me was it not for the weather changes.

I scored my first TD rather quickly. Then the weather changed, sending 3 of my players to the substitutes (on top of the 3KO/Injuries he already gave me).
He scored back T8. Preparing for the 2-1 grind.

However 2nd Half it was his players that got some heatstroke so I just stalled around until Turn 14 before I scored, denying him a chance to score back.
I know it's a lame stadium enhancement, but sometimes I wish I took the Weather Bubble...

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
I'm kind of in love with my new Dark Elf team.

My first match was a mirror against anoter Delf team, which I beat 2-0, sustaining a gouged eye injury on a lineman.

Match two was ugly. Equal TV against Orcs, who it appeared all of their SPP went onto a blitzer with Mighty Blow and Piling On. The first turn starts with him getting blitz on the kickoff, which he used to first stun, then piling on to pinch the nerve of a lineman. I knew right away that that fucker had to go. On my turn, I knocked the blitzer over, surrounded him, and fouled for a KO. Felt good man. Went on to take a 3-1 lead as he started getting bitchy, fouling every turn on linemen, getting 2 of his 3 remaining black orcs (One I injured) thrown out. I did lose a lineman to an untimely demise at the hands of a black orc's 1 die block, but got enough to buy an assassin to replace him. Because Assassins are fun.

So after 2 games, I've got a blitzer with guard, another with dodge and two more with 5 and 3 SPP respectively. Can't wait to be able to afford my Witch Elves and third reroll.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

ZigZag posted:

Do you have trouble moving it against elfs or bash?

Do you screen your cage? This is key!

Do you have a killer?

Have you ditched the thrower yet? Huge difference between moving a ma6 in scoring range compared to ma5.

I don't know how to screen my cage, the team is fresh so I still have a thrower but I hate it his movement 5 is so annoying. Also no killer.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Talmonis posted:

I'm kind of in love with my new Dark Elf team.

So after 2 games, I've got a blitzer with guard, another with dodge and two more with 5 and 3 SPP respectively. Can't wait to be able to afford my Witch Elves and third reroll.

Don't buy witch elves until all your blitzers have 2 or 3 skills. Otherwise they are going to steal all the spp for themselves. Plus the team is just plain better without them. Do you have a runner? Block-NOS-Leader is good on them.

ZigZag
Aug 1, 2004

Good reactions etc..

JackDarko posted:

I don't know how to screen my cage, the team is fresh so I still have a thrower but I hate it his movement 5 is so annoying. Also no killer.

Just fire your thrower and move the ball with a blitzer, this way you can get him to 6spp first match and give him mb since a killer is key to caging as you just need to remove 2 players before it gets really hard to elf screen.

Screening the cage
You keep players in front of the cage and to the sides, fx you have 4 players in front and 2 to the sides, leaving 5 players to form the actual cage. your scrren starts on the LoS and you should aim to steal a couple of squares on the first turn.

Don’t worry about elves sneaking behind your cage, it’s the wrong move by the elves so just ignore them.
You advance your cage behind this screen, simple as that. The ones in front are the ones moving up to the opponents giving him the choice of dodging 1 square back or hitting you.
Most elves will just take the dodges and then hit one of your players, then you just keep moving the cage downfield behind the screen.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

JackDarko posted:

Maybe go spectate some fumbbl games by higher TV players, you can pick from the match list and watch some elves play a bash team or whatever and see what real screening is like.

https://fumbbl.com/p/games

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Evernoob posted:

However 2nd Half it was his players that got some heatstroke so I just stalled around until Turn 14 before I scored, denying him a chance to score back.
I know it's a lame stadium enhancement, but sometimes I wish I took the Weather Bubble...

Embrace the RNG, love the RNG. My favorite game is one where a Pitch Invasion stunned 10 of my players and 1 of the other guy's. We laughed our asses off about it in chat while he waltzed down the field.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

Washout posted:

Don't buy witch elves until all your blitzers have 2 or 3 skills. Otherwise they are going to steal all the spp for themselves. Plus the team is just plain better without them. Do you have a runner? Block-NOS-Leader is good on them.

I don't have a Runner just yet. What's wrong with Witch Elves? Do they just bloat the TV too much? I like having a truly harassing defense.

Bruceski posted:

Embrace the RNG, love the RNG. My favorite game is one where a Pitch Invasion stunned 10 of my players and 1 of the other guy's. We laughed our asses off about it in chat while he waltzed down the field.

I hate it when this sort of thing happens, and he sets about fouling and crowd surfing the remaining players on my team.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Talmonis posted:

I don't have a Runner just yet. What's wrong with Witch Elves? Do they just bloat the TV too much? I like having a truly harassing defense.

I hate it when this sort of thing happens, and he sets about fouling and crowd surfing the remaining players on my team.

BUT IT'S CALLED BLOOD BO... :unsmigghh:

ZigZag
Aug 1, 2004

Good reactions etc..

Washout posted:

Maybe go spectate some fumbbl games by higher TV players, you can pick from the match list and watch some elves play a bash team or whatever and see what real screening is like.

https://fumbbl.com/p/games

I would watch some low tv games instead, as high tv is bad for learning fundamentals, an elf player learning to elf screen is gonna learn nothing from watching a high tv team bust open a cage. Likewise with orcs at high tv you are gonna remove way more elfs than you are at low tv.

Since fumbbl is mostly old grognards its pretty easy to find a decent game to spectate, just look for a low tv bash vs elfs where the elf form up in columns of 2 and you are good.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Talmonis posted:

Witch elves get dodge jump up and frenzy, only one of those skills is really all that useful, and you would be better off with a dedicated line elf with better AV so that means his spp will be preserved for a lot longer. Basically it comes down to being able to trade 1 mv for 1av and less skill bloat. Although it does take a lot longer to get the team running since you are forsaking those free skills.

Hardcore Dark elf teams just use linemen and blitzers and leave everything else unpurchased, except maybe a runner for Leader, but just getting a double on a lineman and taking leader that way instead is what you do if you are really min-maxing.

Personally I always play with a big mixxed team but I'm not much of a min-maxer, especially considering my favorite team is vampires.

If you want to completely go the funhaver option you can take a lot of like block or wrestle/pro/leap kind of thing on the witch elves and that is fun as heck, then later after they flame out and die you can consolidate the team if you want.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I will take that advice dudes going to get used to fumbbl, and spectate the low tv games.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
So this happened tonight...

I got matched 320 up vs dwarves. I Hired the star mino and took out his +2str +2agi runner, his +str slayer, and about 3 others before he conceded.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I am having way more trouble versus Dwarves than I should with my Bretonnians.
First thing I had to do was demolish my Referee Stand. Giving them an extra drive with their Deathroller was quite detrimental.

Then I find myself suffering way too many KO's early in a drive. I have had games where I effectively had 2 injuries and 2 KO's in his first turn. Yes I only place 3 peasants on the LOS and nothing else.
I know I should expect peasants to suffer, that's what I have them for (well that and fouling...which doesn't work very well against Dwarves anyway). But I have more issues vs Dwarves than chaos at 1300-1400 TV, as Chaos is still far from developed at that TV.

I know this is all to be expected as Dwarven teams come out of the box very developed, but drat they hurt me much.

Match Report :
My agi 4 + Sure Hands failing to pick up the ball two turns in a row definately didn't help. Him having an Agi 5! Dwarven Blitzer was pretty cool though. What a monstrosity.
My +MV,Tackle,Frenzy Blitzer takes some getting used to. Being forced to follow up actually works against my tactic of pushing/keeping stuff away from me as I have a very low amount of Guard players. will give him a few more games before I decide to fire him and try to roll another +AGI or +STR blitzer.

In another game (vs chaos what else) the enemy placed his whole team on the LOS. His first block (with an unskilled beastman) was a 1db which he double downed twice. Concede. How typical.

Rules question :
Why does the event "all players may move 1 adjacent square" ignore tackle zones? It really shouldn't ignore them. The Blitz event does force you to consider them with risk of getting tackled.

ZigZag
Aug 1, 2004

Good reactions etc..

Evernoob posted:

I am having way more trouble versus Dwarves than I should with my Bretonnians.
First thing I had to do was demolish my Referee Stand. Giving them an extra drive with their Deathroller was quite detrimental.

Then I find myself suffering way too many KO's early in a drive. I have had games where I effectively had 2 injuries and 2 KO's in his first turn. Yes I only place 3 peasants on the LOS and nothing else.
I know I should expect peasants to suffer, that's what I have them for (well that and fouling...which doesn't work very well against Dwarves anyway). But I have more issues vs Dwarves than chaos at 1300-1400 TV, as Chaos is still far from developed at that TV.

On defense try to spread out his team, this is key when dwarves aren't supported by each other's guard they don't work.
If you take to heavy cas/ko to put up a defense just run from him and save your strength for the second half.

On offense just go down one side with good positioning you will outnumber him vastly since he is to slow.

You are always gonna have a hard time against dwarves since you have ag2 av7.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Yeah I tried the keeping clear tactic, but the opponent then exactly did what they should do : He parked his BC on my endzone and focused on bashing. all I can do is make sure he only gets one block per round, the blitz.

Mind you, I don't have to do this every game vs dwarves. I can often win, but when they start on offense and open with 2-3 KO's (or worse) it spirals out of control rather quickly.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
I know streamers are annoying, but this was pretty cool.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Sometimes, things go really bad, and sometimes, things go really well - this was one of the times things went really well, so I'm going to make a really long post about the match because I want to. I was taking my ~1450 Amazon team up against ~1650 Khemri, and I put in an extra 50K in inducement money so I could get both a Wizard and a Wandering Apothecary - I was preparing for the worst case scenario. Turns out I didn't need either of them, because not failing a single Dodge roll is kind of OP. The game starts in a quite foreboding way as I have to kick to start and the line is stacked with rear end in a top hat looking Tomb Guardians with Mighty Blow. But one Perfect Defense, three linos with either Blodge or Dodge/Wrassle, and no POWs later, everything looks a lot better and the dodging game begins.

To start with, he picks up the ball with one of his Thro-Ras and gets in position somewhat behind that wall of Tomb Guardians, but for some stupid reason, he goes for a short pass from Thro-Ra to Thro-Ra and botches the gently caress out of it (obviously). I start pressuring harder while dodging away any players in danger, he fails the pickup twice, and I manage to sneak Mikan, that wonderful 5AG plus Blodge beast of a woman, in to pick up the ball and just leg it. Of course, being Amazons, "just leg it" is a questionable statement, given the low MA, but against Khemri, it kind of works. He pursues with some players, but can't nail her down on the Blitz due to lack of POW, and I just dodge out of two tackle zones twice for the score.

Second verse, similar to the first - this time, the Thro-Ra gets under the ball on the kick-off due to Kick-Off Return, a rarely seen skill, and instantly catches it and retreats close to the Tomb Guardians. A bit of punching ensues, and my kicker goes down with a Badly Hurt for the first (spoilers: and last) casualty of the game, but since I wasn't expecting to really kick again, it wasn't much of a loss, and eventually, I manage to get some players to rub up against the ballcarrier. A 2DB blitz from Monaca, a Blitzer, pops the ball free, it flies next to a Tomb Guardian, I shove the former ballcarrier onto the ball, it scatters right back to Monaca, she picks it up and uses the rest of her MA to start the move towards the sideline for safety. It doesn't really work out, as she does manage to get to the sideline, but almost gets surfed a while later, but I manage to salvage the situation, pick the ball up with my star Catcher and bring it in for the second score to end the half.

I also forgot about Shadowing a few times, but it never actually bit me in the rear end. Really, everything went right in this game. And then came the play that made my opponent ragequit (I think):

It's the second half and I'm receiving. He botches the kick, and I use the touchback to give the ball to Chihiro, my fresh Blitzer that needs SPP. I cage up, screen out the cage a bit, dodge away my womans from the scary Tomb Guardians, standard stuff, but I also keep myself a bit of an opening by trying to push my Catchers through the advancing horde of Khemri. My star catcher doesn't make it through - I could have used Side Step to kind of fudge it, but I figured she'd be better off assisting the cage - but my other Catcher, Junko, makes it through, and my opponent makes no effort to even move into her tackle zone to make a potential catch harder as he continues to try to pound away at my cage and the surrounding players. And then comes "the play".

I'm in a rough situation here - two Tomb Guardians right up in Chihiro's (the red marker on the left) grill, the cage is busted wide open, though three corners are still standing. I could try and dodge out, but where to? Instead, I figure it's time to get ballsy. I have Chihiro hand the ball off to Toko, the Thrower, who starts off at the "T" in the picture. The handoff requires a reroll to get through, but now the ball is with Toko, who has full freedom of movement. So I make a sweep to the right side with her and chuck the ball to Junko, who started off at the "J" in the picture. The skills come through for me, and the pass play is made. Junko legs it up the field, making a very risky GFI (I used three out of my four RRs of the first half on failed GFIs), but succeeding, requiring those two Thro/Blitz-Ras (whoever they are, I can hardly tell those models apart) to make double GFIs to just stand next to her. And that's when my opponent "had connection issues" and I eventually won on the disconnect. Somehow I doubt that his internet just happened to go out when I made the breakaway play for the third TD.

Amazons are really fun when they're not all dying on the pitch. Of course, the problem is that "all dying on the pitch" can happen to you very quickly, and you're not elfy enough to pull the "two players on the pitch = a scoring play" crap elves can pull. But when they do pull the elfy poo poo, it's very sweet.

Also, I'd just like to say that I loving hate the Norse stadium. Stupid snow makes it impossible to read the dice log or names of players.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

TheMcD posted:

Also, I'd just like to say that I loving hate the Norse stadium. Stupid snow makes it impossible to read the dice log or names of players.

You can replace the glaring white snow on that pitch with lush green grass. Just gotta swap some files around.

Probably not worth the effort at this point but the answer is out there if you wanna google it.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

Haroshia posted:

I know streamers are annoying, but this was pretty cool.

That was pretty cool. But shouldn't leap cost mv?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

MRLOLAST posted:

That was pretty cool. But shouldn't leap cost mv?

He uses leap to shorten his path by one move(going over his player rather than around), thus allowing the blitz.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Victor Vermis posted:

You can replace the glaring white snow on that pitch with lush green grass. Just gotta swap some files around.

Probably not worth the effort at this point but the answer is out there if you wanna google it.

Oh wow, this is much better. Thanks for pointing that out. If anybody else wants to do that but doesn't know how, here's how to.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

FoolyCharged posted:

He uses leap to shorten his path by one move(going over his player rather than around), thus allowing the blitz.

Leap costs 2 mv in the rules. Another Cyanide puck up =)

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

MRLOLAST posted:

Leap costs 2 mv in the rules. Another Cyanide puck up =)
He blocked his own diagonal movement. To get around he would have had to spend 3 MV rather than 2, so it is still cheaper to leap in terms of movement points.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I finally got matched with someone so high I managed to get Morg n' Thorg and 2 BloodBabes. Game was really fun despite some unlucky stuff:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=539565798

Other than that the game was challenging and now I totally don't get why people complain TV or pub leagues or whatever it is you guys were complaining. Just enjoy the ride and embrace that every single pixel is gonna be erased. And ofc don't be a baddy.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
I've gone full "gently caress it" funhaver with my Dark Elves. Few things have been more comical to me than watching a Skaven player actually hide his 4 Star Rat Ogre from my assassin after the first time he APO'd away a Fouling death. I made that poor bastard brawl to save his stars instead of score. Scoring is for Blodging, Sidestepping blitzers.

Assassins with dirty player and sneaky git make low armored superstars cry. Especially with a bribe or two. Elfbrawl > Elfball. (I'm sure this will change dramatically at about 2000 when I have to deal with more than one or two CPOMB's on a team)

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

Talmonis posted:

(I'm sure this will change dramatically at about 2000 when I have to deal with more than one or two CPOMB's on a team)

Fend negates 50% of their injury potential.

As a matter of fact I just came up with a nice idea for a new Strength Skill 'Bodyguard'.
Whenever a block is made against another player this player is assisting, you may choose to redirect the block to this player.

Would something like this work? Usual assist rules apply, so without guard the assist can be negated.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Evernoob posted:

Fend negates 50% of their injury potential.

As a matter of fact I just came up with a nice idea for a new Strength Skill 'Bodyguard'.
Whenever a block is made against another player this player is assisting, you may choose to redirect the block to this player.

Would something like this work? Usual assist rules apply, so without guard the assist can be negated.

Yes, this is terrible. Cages with this skill and Guard would be the least fun thing ever

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

Yes, this is terrible. Cages with this skill and Guard would be the least fun thing ever

That's totally true... never mind that I was already in the process of deleting my post but you beat me to it.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

Talmonis posted:

Assassins with dirty player and sneaky git make low armored superstars cry.

Why would you put those skills on an assassin? To hurt them if they get up, and hurt them if they stay down?
As if the assassin wouldn't be an aggro magnet already.

I was laughing really hard last week when my opponent accused me from being a "lame fouler" when all I did was gathering no less than 5 peasants around his prone assassin in the 3rd turn of the game.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

Evernoob posted:

Why would you put those skills on an assassin? To hurt them if they get up, and hurt them if they stay down?
As if the assassin wouldn't be an aggro magnet already.

I was laughing really hard last week when my opponent accused me from being a "lame fouler" when all I did was gathering no less than 5 peasants around his prone assassin in the 3rd turn of the game.

Yes. Also to chase them with Shadowing if they do move. And yes, I'd rather the Assassin be the aggro Magnet instead of the Witch Elves or Blitzers. It works in my favor thus far, as they overcommit to getting to him, man marking and swarming instead of playing zone. He's never alone, so it's not as easy to foul him, and it takes a blitz to get to him. Next turn, he and the linemen just dodge backwards while the blitzers and witch elves either attack the ball carrier, or carry the ball through the gaping holes. So far the best defense against him has been to just tie him and my linemen with their linemen. The fight goes nowhere and it's harder to get at key pieces.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Yeah, few things draw as much attention as dark elf assassins. Veteran players will note that they're AV7 and usually don't have blodge and just punch the dumb thing with a single high av player if available.

Last night I had a game vs a Dark Elf team with two assassins. I just punched them with chaos warriors. Couldn't stab them and couldn't punch them off, so they just got pounded until broken or KO'd. Come to think of it, one of them did have sneaky git. Was really curious about that decision.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

Jade Star posted:

Yeah, few things draw as much attention as dark elf assassins. Veteran players will note that they're AV7 and usually don't have blodge and just punch the dumb thing with a single high av player if available.

Last night I had a game vs a Dark Elf team with two assassins. I just punched them with chaos warriors. Couldn't stab them and couldn't punch them off, so they just got pounded until broken or KO'd. Come to think of it, one of them did have sneaky git. Was really curious about that decision.

I'd wonder why he just left them there to be punched in the first place. Unless you meant using your blitz.

ZigZag
Aug 1, 2004

Good reactions etc..
I'm having a hard time coming up with a more worthless player than the delf assassin?? Really is there a positional on any team that is worse? Even a chaos dwarf minotard adds some strengh..

Norse and skaven thrower perhaps? But still they add something..

ZigZag fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 22, 2015

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Talmonis posted:

I'd wonder why he just left them there to be punched in the first place. Unless you meant using your blitz.

Probably didn't want to waste a reroll moving them, and assassins have the unfortunate need to be standing next to their target to function(Unless the coach really wants to waste his blitz on a stab or feels like using it as a really expensive shadowing piece for screening)
This leads to a lot of the assassin getting punched during his opponents turn.

e:

ZigZag posted:

I'm having a hard time coming up with a more worthless player than the delf assassin?? Really is there a positional on any team that is worse? Even a chaos dwarf minotard adds some strengh..

Norse and skaven thrower perhaps? But still they add something..

Skaven throwers pick up the ball with sure hands and hand it off to a gutter runner! Doing this once makes them contribute more than an assassin likely will over an entire match.
Norse throwers are good for the cheap leader reroll.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 22, 2015

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

ZigZag posted:

I can't think of a less worthwhile player off the top of my head, either. Any mino is certainly better.

I'm heavily in favor of teams with terrible players like Assassins, however. I wish every team had an awful but mildly entertaining player option. Partly because some people will have fun with them, and partly as a stupidity tax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Assassins are super good against poo poo teams, which is pointless because why do you really need to kill halflings faster than they already die?

• Locked thread