Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ive broken about 3 shovels, they dont take living moss :/ Ill be taking all my nodes outside and hitting them with a purify. Maybe make a super node.....

Can someone explain to me the arcane bore. what does it do (i know it mines but how far etc..)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I highly recommend going into the Thaumic Tinkering tab and unlocking the Osmotic Enchanter so that you can enchant a Shovel with Repair.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ariong posted:

I highly recommend going into the Thaumic Tinkering tab and unlocking the Osmotic Enchanter so that you can enchant a Shovel with Repair.

What is the osmotic Enchanter gated behind? I think ive got a fair bit of that tab unlocked but i dont see it still.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Ariong posted:

Can someone explain why this rancher milk setup isn't working?

can't see any cows only chickens :)

but have you tried wrenching the pipe to make sure the input / output is set right? Is the Rancher full of milk just not feeding out - then this is the solution.

Or maybe add a servo. - also it is a fluid duct?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Meskhenet posted:

What is the osmotic Enchanter gated behind? I think ive got a fair bit of that tab unlocked but i dont see it still.

Spellbinding Cloth, maybe Infusion as well.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Magres posted:

Spellbinding Cloth, maybe Infusion as well.

Ok i had been avoiding that, looks liek i will do some research.

I made a purity focus, how do i use it on a tainted node? nothing seems to happens when i right click the node or the ground block it is on.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Meskhenet posted:

Ive broken about 3 shovels, they dont take living moss :/ Ill be taking all my nodes outside and hitting them with a purify. Maybe make a super node.....

Can someone explain to me the arcane bore. what does it do (i know it mines but how far etc..)

It mines super far in a cylinder shape by teleporting blocks to itself. It reaches 50 blocks distance easy, maybe more. You have to put a pickaxe and an excavation focus inside it. The pickaxe's durability is the "fuel" for the arcane bore - if you can put a void pickaxe into it then it'll have infinite fuel, since void pickaxes self-regenerate very quickly. An Unbreaking Void pickaxe will repair itself so quickly that it can keep up with even the fastest bore. The enchantments on the pickaxe and excavation focus will affect the bore.

-Enlarge enchantments on the focus increase the width of the tunnel it mines. If you get Enlarge 4 on your focus it'll practically eat a whole chunk.
-Silk Touch enchantments and Fortune enchantments on the pickaxe or focus affect how it mines, just how you would expect. I believe Silk Touch takes precedence over Fortune, if you have one of each on your focus/pickaxe.
-Efficiency / Potency enchantments increase the mining speed.

I think autosmelt enchantments might also work, but I haven't tried those.

Any blocks it mines get spit out the back of the bore. If there's a chest or other inventory there, they get inserted into the inventory instead. If there's a magic mirror there they get sent through the mirror.

Finally, if you run perditio vis to it from an energized node, it mines even faster.

My favorite way to use them is to use one to mine a hole straight down to bedrock level, then move the thing down to the bottom of the tunnel and point it sideways (they can be pointed sideways!) so that it mines a massive tunnel at bedrock layer where all the cool ores hang out. The arcane bore isn't impeded by lava at all - if it runs into a lava pocket it'll just ignore it and start mining on the opposite side. There's a graphic effect of ores and things flying into the bore, but that's just flashy graphics - nothing gets destroyed even if it flies through a lava pocket.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ok, just infused myself an osmotic enchanter.

It says 6 pillars the same level as the table.

Does that mean i need to dig the pillars into the ground so that everything is level? or (if i just make them 2 blocks tall) i need to raise the table up 1 block?

Images i see on google have all varying heights.

So my next step is to make a void pick?

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Ariong posted:

I do not see any power going to it. Can you post a screencap of the rancher's GUI?

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I do not see any power going to it. Can you post a screencap of the rancher's GUI?

there is a blue edged block below, i was assuming that was an energy cube

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

Meskhenet posted:

I made a purity focus, how do i use it on a tainted node? nothing seems to happens when i right click the node or the ground block it is on.

Left click (wand punch) the node. It'll take about 150 Ordo to remove the taint, after modifiers (so with Frugal III and Thaumium caps, 90 Ordo).

E: regarding Bores, if you plug an Arcane Lamp into one side of the base it'll light up the whole tunnel so you can have a look for stuff on the walls once it's done.

Cryohazard fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Oct 21, 2015

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Cryohazard posted:

Left click (wand punch) the node. It'll take about 150 Ordo to remove the taint, after modifiers (so with Frugal III and Thaumium caps, 90 Ordo).

E: regarding Bores, if you plug an Arcane Lamp into one side of the base it'll light up the whole tunnel so you can have a look for stuff on the walls once it's done.

Ok there is my problem, wand only has 100 cap. Time to make a new wand.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Meskhenet posted:

Does that mean i need to dig the pillars into the ground so that everything is level? or (if i just make them 2 blocks tall) i need to raise the table up 1 block?

Build it on level ground, the first pillar block should be level with the table. Pillars need to be at least 2-3 high I think it says, but can be taller for aesthetics. I just built them as a back and side walls to the enchanter.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Ariong posted:

Rancher outputs items to the rear, fluids to the side. Move fluiduct to the side, that ought to fix you.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Dalaram posted:

Rancher outputs items to the rear, fluids to the side. Move fluiduct to the side, that ought to fix you.

It can output anything on any side. Except the front.

But like most MFR machines it will clog and stop working if it has nowhere to put items. Which in this case would be feathers and eggs.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Taffer posted:

It can output anything on any side. Except the front.

But like most MFR machines it will clog and stop working if it has nowhere to put items. Which in this case would be feathers and eggs.

Since they had not written back yet, this reminded to add that with the chickens nearby, the rancher might need item ducts for eggs it might be catching.

Corbett
Feb 28, 2006
I'm having the same bug as someone earlier in the thread, my Ring of Runic Shielding seems to have turned into a Bibliocraft Compass and trying to remove it or delete it crashes the game. Is there a way for me to fix this? Crash report: http://pastebin.com/H0XQRuLY

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
I'm currently mining the bedrock dimension for everything it's worth and I love it. I have so much iron I've been using it to make iron chestplates to melt down into Tutamen. I haven't seen any diamond though. Am I just unlucky?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

There is an Energy cell underneath feeding power to it.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Since they had not written back yet, this reminded to add that with the chickens nearby, the rancher might need item ducts for eggs it might be catching.

Yeah, the fluiduct was getting clogged up with the occasional egg. I moved the chicken pen six blocks away from the rancher and that did the trick. Thanks.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

What wand should i be trying for? ATM i use a gold capped silverwood, but the 100 vis cap means i cant get noded purified, unless i can hit them for 100, then come back once ive refilled?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Meskhenet posted:

What wand should i be trying for? ATM i use a gold capped silverwood, but the 100 vis cap means i cant get noded purified, unless i can hit them for 100, then come back once ive refilled?

Tainted wand core stores 150, as for caps its
Iron -> silver -> gold -> manasteel -> void -> TTKami
as for the purity focus, if you are using it just for cleaning nodes you should aim to put frugal V on it.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Can someone give me a quick primer on how golems work? I have a Harvest Golem that is just standing next to fully growth Nether Wart, a Gather Golem that refuses to put its stuff into a chest, and I completely gave up on an Alchemy Golem that simply wouldn't do anything.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

SugarAddict posted:

Tainted wand core stores 150, as for caps its
Iron -> silver -> gold -> manasteel -> void -> TTKami
as for the purity focus, if you are using it just for cleaning nodes you should aim to put frugal V on it.

Ok cool ill see about making a tainted wand with manasteel.
Frugal V goes on the focus right? throught he osmotic enchanter?

Ariong posted:

Can someone give me a quick primer on how golems work? I have a Harvest Golem that is just standing next to fully growth Nether Wart, a Gather Golem that refuses to put its stuff into a chest, and I completely gave up on an Alchemy Golem that simply wouldn't do anything.

From my limited experience.

Placing the harvesting golem should get it to harvest stuff in range. (my harvest golems often sit watchign fully grown stuff though, then go off and bash it.)

The gather golem you need to pick it up (with ell) and then when you place it, right click (to place it) as though you were attaching it to the side of the chest you want it to interact with.

Never done an alchemy golem so no idea there

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Make a golemancer's bell

Alchemy golems have to be told where their jars are

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Meskhenet posted:

Ok cool ill see about making a tainted wand with manasteel.
Frugal V goes on the focus right? throught he osmotic enchanter?

From my limited experience.

Placing the harvesting golem should get it to harvest stuff in range. (my harvest golems often sit watchign fully grown stuff though, then go off and bash it.)

The gather golem you need to pick it up (with ell) and then when you place it, right click (to place it) as though you were attaching it to the side of the chest you want it to interact with.

Never done an alchemy golem so no idea there

Frugal V goes on the focus using a focus manipulator, XP, and vis from an energized node.

Right clicking a golem onto something sets that block as it's "home" block, and if it's not a chest, the side you right click it on will affect what slot the golem puts stuff into.
For alchemy golem, set the home on the side of an aspect smelter, then use a golem bell on a jar so it will empty the melted aspects into that "group" of jar(s), hitting multiple jars will select multiple groups.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Time to make a sanity checker too. Im starting to get the purple goo diarreah.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Meskhenet posted:

Time to make a sanity checker too. Im starting to get the purple goo diarreah.

My friend has it bad, he keeps getting the withering gaze, killed me 3 times last night before we realised what was going on.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

TheresaJayne posted:

My friend has it bad, he keeps getting the withering gaze, killed me 3 times last night before we realised what was going on.

Withering gaze sounds pretty awesome ^^. I was thinking fo makinf some purifying salts, but it takes auram, so i guess it can wait. I just had some fog and some ghostly dude come after me.

How do i make the diamond pickaxe and shovel for the arcane bore? (and how do i make the diamond sword for the blood god quest, he says put a stick, 2 diamond and a stone sword blade int he alcheemy set....... and for me they just sit there)

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
You gotta power it with a blood orb tuned to you. There's an additional slot to put the orb in the alchemy set.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Sage Grimm posted:

You gotta power it with a blood orb tuned to you. There's an additional slot to put the orb in the alchemy set.

oh that is in, but tuned to me? do i do something special for that?

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Meskhenet posted:

Withering gaze sounds pretty awesome ^^. I was thinking fo makinf some purifying salts, but it takes auram, so i guess it can wait. I just had some fog and some ghostly dude come after me.

How do i make the diamond pickaxe and shovel for the arcane bore? (and how do i make the diamond sword for the blood god quest, he says put a stick, 2 diamond and a stone sword blade int he alcheemy set....... and for me they just sit there)

Withering gaze really isn't great. It will cause you to accidentally kill livestock, provoke friendly npcs, and (amusingly) destroy the teleport beacons.

Edit: The beacons will instantly respawn, however.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Meskhenet posted:

oh that is in, but tuned to me? do i do something special for that?

Right click with the blood orb in your hand. It'll hurt you a little bit but now it's bound to you. Then you need something like 2000 LP in your personal pool for the alchemy set to work on making your sword.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Sage Grimm posted:

Right click with the blood orb in your hand. It'll hurt you a little bit but now it's bound to you. Then you need something like 2000 LP in your personal pool for the alchemy set to work on making your sword.

My personal pool? I hope that isnt the blood altar as ive left it back in the tower.

Will use it while equiped tomorrow.

Also need to start working on a self sustaining power source using flowers. Not exactly sure how to do it, but will re-read the first few pages.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Meskhenet posted:

My personal pool? I hope that isnt the blood altar as ive left it back in the tower.

Will use it while equiped tomorrow.

Also need to start working on a self sustaining power source using flowers. Not exactly sure how to do it, but will re-read the first few pages.

Make a divination sigil, if you right click in the air with that it will tell you how much LP is in your personal pool. You can add to your pool by right-clicking with the orb, which damages you and adds to your pool. You can also drain LP from an altar into your pool by putting the blood orb in the altar. This is useful later on when you have the ritual that damages mobs to fill the altar.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
So I logged in to my Blightfall save and all of the waypoints had vanished. :( Just finished running around and getting all of the non -secret ones too. Is there a way to cheat them back in so I don't have to jump into creative mode or whatever and run around the entire map?

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

That happened to me when I loaded up the game in offline mode. Weird things happen if Blightfall doesn't connect to the server before starting. Yes, even in single player mode.

If that's what happened, your stuff will show back up if you log in successfully.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
I tried logging out several times, even exited the launcher. Guess I hosed something up.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

That happened to me when I loaded up the game in offline mode. Weird things happen if Blightfall doesn't connect to the server before starting. Yes, even in single player mode.

If that's what happened, your stuff will show back up if you log in successfully.

Does this include missing stuff from inventory? I have had a few times when i have 'thought' ive misplaced something and never found it. Though the only solid evidence i have is i made 2 sets of iron blots, both with living moss. So i was used to having about 40 shots before i had to calm things down. I now only have 1 set of 24.
Cant find the other set at all.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

TheChad posted:

I tried logging out several times, even exited the launcher. Guess I hosed something up.

Everything your character has and is, is tied to your account name.
If the launcher can't connect to the mojang servers to verify that you are you, it will fail to log you in as "TheChad", instead you will log in with account name of "guest".

So when you load up your save, you are't being logged in as "TheChad" you are being logged in as "guest".

How this ties into your loading and saving is if you log in as "TheChad", it will load "TheChad" save file to be your character,
If you log in as "Guest, it will load "Guest" save file to be your character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

VegasShirtGuy posted:

Make a divination sigil, if you right click in the air with that it will tell you how much LP is in your personal pool. You can add to your pool by right-clicking with the orb, which damages you and adds to your pool. You can also drain LP from an altar into your pool by putting the blood orb in the altar. This is useful later on when you have the ritual that damages mobs to fill the altar.

I got a divination sigil from one of the floating islands, but needs an activation ritual. Is that the enchanting table?

Mine needs a red stone circle, not be light from outside and a sacrifice at midnight????

• Locked thread