Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I have no idea what the hell a David Brock is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Numbers mother fucker!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
:boom: by the numbers.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Eh no one does

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

JT Jag posted:

So Westmoreland seems to be implying that this FEST group are the mythical Space Marine terminators that were stood down, when really they're just international Corps of Engineers

Stereotype posted:

From their website:

Seasoned crisis management expertise
Time-sensitive information and intelligence
Planning for contingency operations
Hostage negotiating expertise
Reach-back to Washington agencies

Not really an attack helicopter squadron with rappelling marines and also Iron Man

Oh poo poo, I thought they were referring to FAST Teams, USMC quick response Anti-Terror teams, and was just slurring everytime they spoke.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
glad Schiff is setting the record about the Bluemanthrall transcript straight.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

A guy who haaaaaaaaaaaated the Clintons in the 90s and now looooooooooooves the Clintons.

You can guess why he gets under Republicans skin.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Joementum posted:

From CNN’s Dan Merica: What Clinton had for lunch

Aside from her time inside the committee room, Clinton has spent breaks holed up in a small office across the hall with her top aides. Clinton aides enjoyed Pret-A-Manger for lunch, while Clinton ate a tuna sandwich and sliced apples that she brought from home, according to her spokesman. Clinton chatted with her staff during the down times, and reviewed notes from around the 2012 attack.

The sad thing is that this is actually more interesting to me than the hearing itself. What is "Pret-A-Manger"?

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Schiff is loving done with this poo poo.

I wish we had a Gowdy cam.

Das Gray
Jun 26, 2015

Wishes life was in Everquest classic graphics.
Lipstick Apathy
Schiff is in embarrassing rear end-kiss-a-clinton mode. Cummings at least yells loudly and makes it less obvious. I'm waiting for Schiff to start crying and tell them to leave Hil-lie-ry a lone.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
This is David Brock, by the way.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Got dayum, Adam Schliff laying some loving blows on his "colleagues".

Can we get a cut-shot to Gowdy fuming?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I really hope Gowdy stops the hearings for a vote to censure Schiff for discussing the contents of the deposition, that'd be amazing

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Joementum posted:

No, no loving way.

How is that not an SNL character?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Joementum posted:

Why is everyone so greasy? It's the lighting right? Then why isn't anyone else at the Ben Grazzlee committee so shiny?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Joementum posted:

that's a very nice wax statue but where's the real one

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

Why is everyone so greasy? It's the lighting right? Then why isn't anyone else at the Ben Grazzlee committee so shiny?

They leak grease when they know they're full of poo poo. It is the way of the lizard people.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Joementum posted:

You're a liar. That's not a person.

He and Trey Gowdy are some new kind of muppets from a failed political satire pilot.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

zen death robot posted:

Just so everyone knows I found that page like,that and did not edit it myself

I can testify this is correct.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

i'm really proud of the dems having it together during this hearing. this, and planned parenthood, i hope will do a lot for the left re: strategizing around GOP

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

quote:

SAVAGE: We have -- I don't know who this guy is, David Broken, or David Brockstein, David Brock -- talking about right-wing media. Let's hear clip two.

CLIP OF BROCK FROM TODAY: It was doing the research on the Hillary Clinton book. I could start to see through the Republican attack machine. In other words, I saw all the lies that were being propagated. The Right Wing was going crazy in the mid-1990's with Clinton.

SAVAGE: Turn it off, I don't like his voice, I don't like the lisp. I don't like the innuendo; I don't like guys who sound like that they give me the creeps. I don't trust 'em, that's all. Play clip three; see if it gets any better.

CLIP OF BROCK FROM TODAY: I've also started an organization, as you know, which launched two weeks ago. Which posts now every day.

SAVAGE: Oh well your mommy must be very proud of you -- turn him off. Oh I started a website two weeks ago -- you're so self-righteous. It's all about your website isn't it -- but you don't have a radio show, do you? [Brock's 30-minute radio segment "We Will Brock You" airs on the Air America Radio program The O'Franken Factor every Wednesday at 1 p.m.] And you're never going to have one, because your voice sucks. People don't listen to guys with voices like that no matter what their politics are. You gotta have a pair of balls! That's what they wanna hear. Left or Right, you've gotta have a voice that roars like a lion, bubala. I hear their Aunt Sarah, they could tune in on -- they can call the Bronx, instead of this garbage. Too late for all of this.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

You're a liar. That's not a person.

He and Trey Gowdy are some new kind of muppets from a failed political satire pilot.

Considering the current state of this hearing, the Speaker race, and the Presidential campaign, there is no way that we are in the real universe. We currently exist in the political satire universe of a TV show.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
And, for the full cast of characters, here's Sid Blumenthal.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Joementum posted:

And, for the full cast of characters, here's Sid Blumenthal.

Sadly only playable by the late, great Phil Hartman...

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Why does he even have clips, if he just shuts them all off?

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

There is somewhat of an edit war on his page.

Someone also added "He is perhaps best known for calling the 9/11 attacks "chickens coming home to roost." " and added "(did not graduate)" to his undergraduate alma mater.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Das Gray posted:

Schiff is in embarrassing rear end-kiss-a-clinton mode. Cummings at least yells loudly and makes it less obvious. I'm waiting for Schiff to start crying and tell them to leave Hil-lie-ry a lone.

Nah, the hearing is a witch hunt, the deposition is evidence of that, and people need to say it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Aw ya Jordan in the house!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This guy loves 10:08

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
Jim Jordan is insufferable; I love his rounds of questioning so much.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Inglonias posted:

The sad thing is that this is actually more interesting to me than the hearing itself. What is "Pret-A-Manger"?

Mediocre pre-made sandwich and soup chain. The food options around there are pretty dire.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
TEN OH EIGHT GUY IS BACK!

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Jim Jordan is PISSED

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Sweet, back to the Facebook viral post wack-a-loon.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I hope Jim takes the bait this time and really loses his poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
"HAH, GOTCHA HILLARY" :smug:

• Locked thread