Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
jaime cucked adam with the redhead. thats why she was fired and the two fell apart. hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Jesus Christ posted:

Remember a few years ago when that picture of a dude that looked just like Adam showing his butthole to his webcam surfaced on the internet and everyone really thought it was Adam for a while?

That was peak Mythbusters

gently caress >:|

You're right though, it was Adam instead of Jamie and it was peak Mythbusters for sure.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

I like how the butt they needed for the toilet thing was supposed to be a huge fat butt, but they decided to start with a very very good butt, 3D scan it, and then turn it into a horrendous tragedy with the computer

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i didnt read the thread but did they rehire scotty she was my fav :allears:

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

lonesomedwarf posted:

nah, when Kari was away having her kid, they hired some lady with tattooed armpits for a while.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

lonesomedwarf posted:

nah she was too real for the hollywood chucklefuck producers

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i skipped over page 4 but read the rest i think kari is alright and all you know i mean i certainly wouldnt complain if i knew a girl who looked like her and i felt creepy typing even that but i am just you know putting it out there before i say that scotty or scotti or whatever is my dream girl i have a stack of letters i wrote to her but never sent and i stapled a cut out of her face on a mannequin

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

oh and i stil like myth busterts and i watch it when i can i dont even care if ive seen it before. i like this show a lot well thanks

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

my favourite part of any episode is when adam imitates jaimey and he waggles his fingers in front of his top lip pretendin that it is amoustache

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Skeleton Ape posted:

I like how the butt they needed for the toilet thing was supposed to be a huge fat butt, but they decided to start with a very very good butt, 3D scan it, and then turn it into a horrendous tragedy with the computer

A metaphor for the Something Awful Dot Com Forums

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I like all the pictures of Hot Redhead ITT

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I loved the show but stopped watching about a year after they ran out of ideas, and every year since I'll see an ad and think "Holy poo poo, is that still on? I should check it out some time", but I never do. It kinda makes me sad to think that won't be happening anymore.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I remember a while back seeing that Discovery had renewed them for 7 more seasons or something like that and thought how bad of an idea that was

and now we're on Season 14

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
I had no idea the show was still on the air. I stopped watching once it seemed like they were just making up myths after like the third or fourth season. looks like they had a good run.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Frankenstyle posted:

I loved the show but stopped watching about a year after they ran out of ideas, and every year since I'll see an ad and think "Holy poo poo, is that still on? I should check it out some time", but I never do. It kinda makes me sad to think that won't be happening anymore.

same although the year they ran out of ideas was like <2009 and i havent watched it since.

they filmed one ep basically in my neighbor's backyard with the gas station in the first season so that was cool

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They did a lie detector episode and Tory revealed that he was actually 40 but took advantage of the fact he looked younger to pick up college girls in bars.

Also there was that weird thing when Grant started, how he had hosed up teeth and between seasons they had him get them fixed.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
spoilers for the series finale:

-a reason will be contrived to make the biggest explosion they've ever done. It will be filmed from multiple angles in slow mo and still won't look that great.
-a scripted imitation of light off-the-cuff banter will be performed by jamie and adam with all the enthusiasm and emotional investment of a numbers station reader.
-a record-breaking 87% of the show will be filled with re-caps of what happened before the commercial break, teasers of what's coming after the commercial break, and talking head interview shots of people re-explaining what they just did or are going to do.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Entropic posted:

spoilers for the series finale:

-a reason will be contrived to make the biggest explosion they've ever done. It will be filmed from multiple angles in slow mo and still won't look that great.
-a scripted imitation of light off-the-cuff banter will be performed by jamie and adam with all the enthusiasm and emotional investment of a numbers station reader.
-a record-breaking 87% of the show will be filled with re-caps of what happened before the commercial break, teasers of what's coming after the commercial break, and talking head interview shots of people re-explaining what they just did or are going to do.

actually since they dumped the build team its been pretty good about stuff. they just blow stuff up because they admit blowing stuff up owns hard, no reason needed. adam does all of the talking alone. and the recaps are cut way down to almost not being there at all.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

bustin makes me feel good

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

muscles like this? posted:

Also there was that weird thing when Grant started, how he had hosed up teeth and between seasons they had him get them fixed.

that could have just been his decision to get them fixed. its only a couple grand for a new and perfect smile.

its a safe assumption that every celebrity has had their smile straightened out, bar the ones with distinctively weird teeth

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Toadvine posted:

that could have just been his decision to get them fixed. its only a couple grand for a new and perfect smile.

its a safe assumption that every celebrity has had their smile straightened out, bar the ones with distinctively weird teeth

Along the lines of the evolution of the gang.

Check the first season and then jump ahead to like season 10 and notice the incredible difference.

From a shoe string affair to professional makeup teams, personal trainers, hair stylists, some plastic surgery, dental work, wardrobe.

Kari used to be all and now she be all

Adam to

It's bonkers how much changed over 14 years.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Entropic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MFtl2XXnUc

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
when mythbusters started i always pictured the b team to be like interns in their early 20s and that mental image remained through the entire series despite actual 10+ years passing. it blew my mind last year when i looked them up on wikipedia to find out they're all in their mid 40s now

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

muscles like this? posted:

They did a lie detector episode and Tory revealed that he was actually 40 but took advantage of the fact he looked younger to pick up college girls in bars.

Didn't they get Grant to admit that he fantasizes about having sex with a robot on that episode too?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

I haven't actually seen Mythbusters in years but this is exactly what I remember it being like.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Like two years ago, the Science Channel started showing old episodes. And the same four episodes seemed to just repeat for weeks at a time. It turned me off so much that I just began to avoid Mythbusters all together.

Can a toy car rolling down an incline beat a Dodge Viper??

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I liked when they built a shark punching robot out of sex toys and literally never mentioned it and just hoped nobody would notice the thing was pummeling sharks with giant silicone fisting aids

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Saalkin posted:

The last one I watched I was super baked and they where testing if square wheels where better then round ones. It was loving retarded.
jesus christ

i remember people (goons and irl morons alike) saying this show was good and science-y
not true now and not true ever

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I caught the middle of an episode on TV recently where the whole thing was Adam flying a U2 spy plane, and he was completely flipping out about how excited he was because he was getting to fly in a high-altitude jet, rattling off tech specs and blowing his load when he could see the curvature of the planet, etc.

I didn't even know what the myth was until the end, and it turned out to be "is the U2 spy plane the hardest aircraft to land?" which seemed really stupid and not a myth that anyone's even heard or gives a poo poo about. Congrats on getting to fly exotic aircraft on Discovery's dime, tho.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Coxswain Balls posted:

I caught the middle of an episode on TV recently where the whole thing was Adam flying a U2 spy plane, and he was completely flipping out about how excited he was because he was getting to fly in a high-altitude jet, rattling off tech specs and blowing his load when he could see the curvature of the planet, etc.

I didn't even know what the myth was until the end, and it turned out to be "is the U2 spy plane the hardest aircraft to land?" which seemed really stupid and not a myth that anyone's even heard or gives a poo poo about. Congrats on getting to fly exotic aircraft on Discovery's dime, tho.
adam seems like a cool dude whose actually enjoying just blowing poo poo up and doing really stupid zany poo poo on discovery's dime.

jamie probably just likes the paycheck to go buy more toy trains.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Professor Shark posted:

Requesting some Mythbusters gossip because as someone who stopped watching it years ago it sounds like it's falling apart

Why would they fire Kari? She was a huge reason why people watched :confused:

They doubled their workload by firing her and those other two dudes, and now they're tired of all this work.

... huh.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

They doubled their workload by firing her and those other two dudes, and now they're tired of all this work.

... huh.

no i think they actually have interns or other employees that actually do most of it--they just don't show em. pretty much the same thing with the "build team" (who were i think always there in some form or another, just discovery decided that they could use the extra face time from the more attractive employees)

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Xaris posted:

no i think they actually have interns or other employees that actually do most of it--they just don't show em.

Yeah, grant even said that really only he and jamie do any actual planning, Adam and Kari are pretty much idea fairies who vomit out suggestions while Tory would actually help the interns build poo poo from time to time.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

My favorite episode is the one where Jamie accidentally fell into the hot lava and had to be rushed to the hospital, it was in Hawaii for some volcano myth episode I think

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bamford Brownstone posted:

Will they finally bust the myth about the show being good?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

https://youtu.be/WOoUVeyaY_8

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
They have a lot of workers but Adam is still pretty great at building poo poo. He makes videos for the Tested youtube channel of him making silly nerd props (including a recreation of The Shining hedge maze replica that he then donated to the Kubrick museum because theirs was so bad) and I always get a shitload of notes for my own projects from them

mythbusters is cool and all the cast members are cool and do cool things outside the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

what the gently caress is this stupid poo poo, i hate kari

• Locked thread