Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself
Edit: D'oh, there's another accidental page snipe. HS posted the denouement two posts back, link-to here.

HydroSphere posted:

Incidentally, I'm female. :)

:blush: Sorry 'bout that. Last time I did that you could still make jokes about the perceived lack of women on the Internet; now I just feel silly!

The mastermind getting away is pretty realistic, kind of leaves the case on a sour note, though. They did technically bust the actual murderer, but in most legal systems the conspirator shares culpability, so it still feels a bit incomplete. Wonder if she'll come back, maybe be this game's Dahlia Hawthorne (though "coming back" was a bit different in her case, heh).

And yeah, have a good break, looking forward to the next case!

Wayne fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Sep 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

I've always thought that this last case was the first one where the game really came into its own. The previous cases all had some issues in their logic, but it gets more consistent from here out.

I suppose if Careta had only known Etista for about six months, it makes it more plausible that he wouldn't have recognised her voice over the intercom. Must have been a real whirlwind romance.

fractalairduct fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 27, 2015

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Safe journeys.

As for the case, I suppose it only makes sense that the mastermind would skip town. After all, we didn't get enough evidence to turn Chico into a double agent.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Thanks everyone! :)

I apologise in advance for the speaking sound effects in this track.

Wow, thanks, Dolly!

You're not a fan of radio, Lucy?

Oh, I've got nowt against a catchy tune and some good banter, but this rubbish? No, not for me.

There's summat about the way that presenter talks. I don't know what it is. He's just...smarmy.

I tell you, whenever he has a lass on the show as a guest, he talks totally differently.

It sounds rather like you're a regular listener.

That sounds like a fax coming in already.

So, our first request this morning is from er...Ms Angel O'Death?

'I'll be the Death of You'...?

Whoa. Sounds like someone wants to turn DJ Dwight Dread into DJ Dwight Dead!

Don't you do dyin' on me, Dwight. I'll never live it down!

Well, If I am about to sign off for the last time ever, allow me to try one of your mouth-watering offerings first.

Hee hee!

Munching sounds.

Mmm, that hit the spot.

Ug-urgh...

Oi, what's goin' on?

Alfendi's pose looks like it would make your neck ache if you held it that long.

Music Stops.

Farrods at Daysbridge is a pun on the high-end department store, Harrods. It's located in the Knightsbridge area of London, one of the most expensive areas in London.

What's happening, Prof?

Well, if it's some sort of practical joke, it's certainly very convincing.

The hairstyles of Scotland Yard staff seem to be getting increasingly unusual.

Ee, what's up, Sniffer?

Didn't you have your lugs to the wireless just now? That's where the action is.

Are you talking about the radio presenter who sounded like he collapsed just now?

What else? I'd say the stiff's cold already.

So, it weren't just part of the show, then?

Whatever you say, Sniffer.

Phone rings, Lucy leaves to answer it.

Hey, I'm telling you, they'll be on the blower asking you to do the snoop any second now.

You may well be right.

If it turns out I'm on the mark, you guys'll wrap it up with bows on for us, right?

Sniffer works under Justin Lawson, and is a Detective in his own right. Not sure why he's passing the potential new case onto the back office that deal with the cases that no one else can solve.

We'll do our best. Barring the whole incident being a practical joke, of course.

Lucy returns.

You won't believe this! We've been flooded with calls from anxious listeners of that show...Maybe there's summat in it after all.

Time for action, Snoopers!

Excellent. You slug on over there, Sniffer.

I'll get my report back to the clubhouse ASAP. Then it'll be up to you two to bring in the hoods.

Sniffer leaves.

I can't believe it were really a murder, can you, Prof?

We don't know anything for sure yet, Lucy, but the signs are compelling. Sniffer's rarely wrong.

Even though Sniffer has left, for the rest of this scene, Alfendi and Lucy are both on the same side of the screen.

Aye, he's a revelation alright, that one!

Indeed. Though he has a tendency to get ahead of himself.

Sniffer's sent his report over.

The radio presenter is indeed dead.

By 'eck! So it were all for real, then.

I'm surprised it took them so long to confirm it.

The broadcast was at rush hour, unfortunately.

The police had some difficulties getting to the scene.

Investigations are ongoing, but I'll tell you what we know thus far.

I'm all ears, Prof, as ever!

The incident took place inside the recording studio of a national radio station.

But she didn't linger, eh? She left after she'd dropped off the drinks.

So now we're talking about when they actually went on air, then.

Aye. I'm more than a bit curious about what was in that gift.

But before Dread had a chance to sample the offering, something came in on the studio fax machine. It was a handwritten note that read:

Brr! Sends shivers down your spine, doesn't it?

Believing the fax to be some sort of joke, Dread continued with the show.

Aye, well you would, wouldn't you?

However, no sooner had Dread put one of his guest's treats into his mouth...

Understandably worried, the director called for a transmission break.

About twenty minutes later, police and an ambulance crew arrived at the scene almost simultaneously.

Twenty minutes? That's on account of the rush hour traffic you mentioned, eh?

Yes. The radio station is very central. In rush hour that's about how long you'd expect it to take.

That's too long, that is. Poor bloke.

And that, really, is all we know about the course of events at this point in time.

So, let's think about our suspects.

Aye, who've we got?

There are five of them.

It was her gift that Dread put into his mouth just moments before he began to struggle to breath.

Aye, that's more than a little fishy if you ask me. My money's on that lass.

Apparently she was an old friend of the deceased.

Oh, aye? Just a coincidence, do you think?

There's nothing obviously suspicious about his involvement, though his relationship with Dread was stormy.

Which would give him a good motive, eh?

He was the one who went to call the ambulance, which does put him under a certain amount of suspicion.

Aye. It is really hard to believe the emergency services could've taken that long to get there.

She appears to be missing. No one has seen or heard of her since she delivered the drinks to the studio.

You what, Prof? That's it then, surely? She's the killer, and she's done a runner.

Certainly not an unlikely hypothesis. However, we don't know enough about her yet. We need to see what our enquiries turn up on her first.

Hmm...I don't know. It's too fishy for my liking.

So, those are the suspects.

We certainly don't have much to go on at this stage.

But what's your hunch? Who do you think did it?

I see, you're going to make me have a stab at it even though you admit we don't have enough info yet.

Of course. Aren't I always telling you how important it is to pay attention to your intuition?

So, let's hear it. Then we'll down to the real detective work.

I'm a little in two minds about this naming a prime suspect before doing any mandatory investigation. I do see where Alfendi is coming from on the importance of listening to your intuition, but Lucy can get carried away and jump to conclusions, and I don't think this is doing anything to teach her not to be so rash.

No, I think we'll make an exception this time and deny you a hint.

How uncharitable. :(

We don't even really have any more information to base a hint on!

Okay, let's examine the scene of the crime then.

I'll give you five minutes. Will that do?

Aye, no probs.

The crime scene:

The chair:

The cup of tea.

The papers on the desk:

The fax machine:

The split tea:

The body:

The studio door:

The recording equipment:

The sofa:

Statements:

Dolly Hollerday

Statement 1:

We were right in the middle of the show, and the DJ just suddenly looked like he couldn't breathe or something. I didn't do anything, know what I mean?

Melody Smith

Statement 1:

Dolly didn't do anything! I was watching her the whole time. I bet this is a plot by someone who's trying to slow my girl down. They're all jealous!

Mike de Bonair

Statement 1:

I ran straight over to Dwight to see if he was alright. But I couldn't find a pulse. So I told Randal to go and fetch help.

Randal Mann

Statement 1:

It was the lady who brought the drinks in. I don't know her myself, but I must say, I did hear she and Dwight were an item. Not that I ever saw them, you know...

Statement 2:

After Dwight collapsed, Mike barked at me to go and call the emergency services. I was all of a flutter. I didn't go back to the studio until the police arrived.

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!
That yellow handkerchief is drawing my attention. Dread wrote a note on there before the show happened, so he was planning on something happening. Was he planning to murder his guest, Dolly Hollerday, but he drank the wrong cup of tea by mistake?

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

This case feels the most "Phoenix Wright"-ish to me. It honestly might be my favorite case in the game.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Tax Refund posted:

That yellow handkerchief is drawing my attention. Dread wrote a note on there before the show happened, so he was planning on something happening. Was he planning to murder his guest, Dolly Hollerday, but he drank the wrong cup of tea by mistake?

I agree, that handkerchief is rather odd. And instead of Dread maybe it's the tea server or even the sound guy that tried to murder Dolly, but Dread took it instead.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I don't think any person in the room could have slipped the poison into the tea with two people watching so I'm pretty suspicious of the guys behind the glass. I wouldn't put too much faith into the sound output either, that's the one thing you can fake with the right equipment and records.
The handkerchief looks suspicious as hell... As does the wig. Why does a radio host have a visual gimmick?
Of course, someone could have switched the cups but if that was the point of the "surprise", why would he write it down? It seems obvious that was intended to be found after the death.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Only Dread's fingerprints were found on the cup, not the tea lady's?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I... hmm.

Man, I almost want to believe this is a DJ prank gone wrong. That handkerchief must mean something.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Ooh, this is an interesting one. I have lots of thoughts!

Like anilEhilated, the mixer makes me a little suspicious. Even if they don't fake the output they could possibly manipulate the time to air by delaying it or splicing the audio.

On that note there's no sound of Dwight drinking the tea, though it's very obvious that he eats the confection and is heard dying right after. Is it possible that it was spliced right after the point of eating with another recording of him dying?

Also the response from the singer seems a bit muted for someone who just had their co-host keel over in front of them. "Oi, what's goin' on?" is not exactly an expected thing to hear in response. Seems fishy.

Bruceski posted:

Only Dread's fingerprints were found on the cup, not the tea lady's?

Gloves are always possible but it seems like they don't show in the picture.

I have a weird feeling that the tea lady is actually someone else in costume, only substantiated by the fact that the character is obscured and unable to be found.

If Dwight was also the tea lady then it would explain why the prints were the same. But it looks like he has a lot of facial hair? It would also be weird for him to provide tea with a neurotoxin in it. We just had a elaborate suicide case recently so I'll be a bit meta and say I dont think they'd do it again. But it does seem awfully weird, that he would talk about dying like that before eating the confection and promptly kicking the bucket. (Unless the two incidents were separate like my splicing theory above)

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Oct 18, 2015

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

It's an old story (from 2008), but I happened to come across it today, and couldn't help but think of this game - Actor slits own throat on the stage.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Welcome back, Hydro! I hope your trip went well.

HydroSphere posted:

It's an old story (from 2008), but I happened to come across it today, and couldn't help but think of this game - Actor slits own throat on the stage.

Well, that's unsettling. That does sound pretty close to the case with the elaborate actress murder, though.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Welcome back, Hydro! I hope your trip went well.

Thank you! It did go well, thanks. :)

Randal Mann is in charge of the sound equipment, so let's accuse him.

Interesting. Why?

I can't help feeling he were up to summat and he arranged it so that the ambulance arrived late.

That is a possibility.

But how could he have got any poison into Dread?

That's...summat I haven't figured out yet.

Personally, I think we're looking at someone else.

I believe the culprit to be....

...Dolly Hollerday!

Oh, fine.

As far as I can tell, it's...

...that Dolly Hollerday lass who did it?

I agree.

Aye, I knew I were on to summat!

Yes, I'm let's see...

...43.6% sure of it.

That's rubbish!

Yes, well there are simply too many pieces of the puzzle missing at this stage.

That's not much of a number to go on, is it? It doesn't exactly inspire confidence, Prof.

No, it's a fairly weak conjecture, but still, there are a number of questions I'd like to ask Ms Hollerday.

After all, she was right next to Dread when he collapsed.

Oh, I see, that's it, is it?

Right, well, I suppose I'd best go and see if I can get in touch with--.

Ms Hollerday! What are you doing here?

One of your detective fellas told me to come, dinn'e eh? A right little so-'n'-so he was!

He threatened me, you know. Said he'd 'pinch me' and 'check me elbows' if I didn't come in!

Basically, the detective threatened to arrest Dolly.

Oh, right. That sounds like our Detective Sergeant Hague.

Yes, he's, er...very sharp.

Phone rings.

Eh-up, that's the phone!

Lucy leaves.

So, er, wot do you lot get up to here then, eh? Anyfin' special?

This is a special division of Scotland Yard where we investigate especially heinous crimes.

No, no. We merely wish to ask you a few questions to help us with the speedy resolution of the case.

Oh, no, officer. I never speed. That's ever so dangerous. I always stick to the speed limit, me.

Ahem. Let me try to explain. You are a witness, you see, Ms Hollerday...

Lucy returns.

Prof, message from Sniffer.

He says she's the one!

You know how he is.

Eh-up, have I said summat wrong?

It's kind of worrying that Lucy doesn't see why Dolly is upset.

Erm, allow me to reassure you...

In truth, yes, you are under suspicion of perpetrating this crime. However, no one has yet concluded that you are, indeed, guilty.

Would you be so kind as to cooperate with our investigation so as to clear your name?

Hmph. Well, if I have to. I have got better things to do wiv my time though. Know what I mean?

I think I came in halfway through summat there. Still looks like you've managed to calm her down now.

:sigh:

Okay, then. So, first let's examine the body, shall we? We need to investigate the poison that induced death.

I'm also particularly interested in the song request sheet that the victim read out moments before his death.

Right then, let's get down to business!

So, where shall we start?

Dread's body:

Let's talk about the body, shall we?

Ms Hollerday, you actually saw the victim die right before your eyes, didn't you?

If there's anything at all that you noticed that seemed out of the ordinary, please, do tell us.

Yeah, wotever. I s'pose I can try to remember.

This is Mr Dread's body, here.

The cause of death was poison. That's beyond dispute.

Um, wot on earth's that thing on the floor next to him? It looks disgustin'!

Sorry? What are you referring to?

It's a wig, Prof. I always thought his hair were a bit too, erm...well, healthy for his age in all them photos you see of him.

No doubt all part of portraying a young image to increase his popularity. Perhaps he needed to volumise? ...Do you think?

What, even ont' radio?

Wow, I had no idea he wore a syrup.

You had no idea?

If what you say is true, it implies that somebody took Mr Dread's wig off after he died.

Who would do summat like that, eh? That's so hateful.

We lack the information to answer that at present. So, let's turn our attention to another matter for now.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh god, was this all a stunt to him? He hid the antidote in his wig and didn't practice right?

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

So there's a disguise going on. Someone was pretending to be the victim, or the body is fake.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Well, if he had one wig, he could've easily used another and pull off the tea lady act.

Kallev
Nov 16, 2014
I still think the sound man did it. Case one taught me that only criminals would wear a cravat in such a fashion.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Find the poison.

Can you figure out where?

Leave it to me, Prof!

There's traces of the poison int' tea here!

As no other traces of poison were found on the scene, we can assume Dread was killed by poisoned tea.

That's not wot happened at all.

Macaroons, you say?

Lucy, what do we know about these macaroons?

Are you quite sure?

Personally, I think honesty is one of the most important vertrues. So I wouldn't lie, know wot I mean?

That would put you firmly at the top of the list of suspects, Ms Hollerday.

Eh? Wot? I'm not goin' behind bars, am I?

But I don't really like prison, know wot I mean?

You don't 'like' it, you say?

Oh, hang on a minute! 'Course, it must've been Melody who did it!

Eh, how's Ms Smith suddenly involved in all of this?

Well, no disrespect or nuffin' but it was my manager who actually partchased the macaroons for me.

Oh aye?

Yeah, to be honest, I don't know nuffin' about the poison so, at the end of the day, it must've been her.

You wanna arrest her quick, ya know. She's well scary.

Always tellin' me wot to do and wot not to do, she is. I hate the miserable old witch.

Just a moment. There's something we need to clear up here.

Presumably, at the point when you gave Mr Dread the macaroons, they were unopened?

Course they were! They were a gift, weren't they?

So the poison would need to have been added after the wrapping was removed, sometime during the show.

In full view of the victim, in other words.

Well, obviously, that isn't wot happened. That would've been totally impossible.

So then we're back to thinking he were poisoned by his cuppa then, aren't we?

But the tea lady that brought it to him has vanished into thin air.

At this stage, the one thing we can be sure of is that the tea holds the key to this entire case.

We should make sure we investigate the teacup as well as the tea it contained.

Right away, Prof!

This teacup's had it then.

Presumably it fell on the floor when the victim collapsed.

That's a pukka Royal Droulton teacup, that is. Top quality.

Open Office spell check also accepts pukka as a correctly spelt word. Pukka is a slang to say that something is genuine, or good.

They cost a bomb. What a waste.

We got some fingerprints off it too, Prof. But that's about it.

Hm...There's something strange about this teacup, Lucy.

Really? What?

Let's see if you can figure it out.

Oh, it's the prints! There's no fingerprints from the tea lady that brought the drinks!

Precisely. I'm glad you noticed, Lucy.

Almost certainly, somebody wiped the fingerprints from the cup after it was brought into the studio.

No disrespect to you, but...does anyone give a monkey's? I mean, at the end of the day, you can't know who wiped them off, right?

Ms Hollerday is quite right. There's little point continuing on this line of investigation at the moment.

Right then, I'll poke my nose in somewhere else then.

Deadly request:

While on air, the victim received a request for a song entitled, 'I'll be the Death of You'.

To be honest wiv you, I nearly had a heart attack when he keeled over.

Seems highly likely it were the killer that sent the request through, eh?

Let's examine the fax sheet the request was written on and see what we can deduce.

Here's the request sheet, Prof.

I'm afraid it doesn't look very promising. Nothing of note.

Well, it allows us to confirm that it really was sent during the broadcast, at least.

Oh, there's no doubt about that. I saw it come in, didn't I?

So...the killer were on t'other end of the line then?

Quite possibly. Let's examine the fax machine and see what we can deduce.

This is it, Prof. The request sheet were sent in through this fax machine here.

Looks like a regular machine to me. No signs of jiggery-pokery.

The sender's details are still present by the look of it. Have Sniffer find out where it was sent from.

Will do, Prof.

Let's go over what we already know.

First of all, where was the poison that killed the victim found?

The poison were in the tea.

How many times have I gotta tell ya? The bloke never touched his tea!

It can't have been the tea that killed him.

I've got to say, Prof, I don't think she's lying about this.

No, me neither. It's a very curious discrepancy.

And not the only one, either. There's another in Ms Hollerday's statement, if you remember?

And what's the evidence that contradicts that statement?

The victim's wig weren't on his head, but...

...according to Ms Hollerday, he still had the wig on when she last saw him, which were after he died.

Yep, I'm a hundred and ten per sense about that.

There's no way I could have missed it if he didn't have his hair on, know wot I mean?

I don't believe Ms Hollerday is lying.

No, nor do I.

But who'd be that nasty that they'd do summat like that to someone who'd--

Phone rings.

Eh-up, that's the telephone! It'll be Sniffer, I'll bet.

I'll take it, Lucy. I've got a number of questions for him.

Alfendi leaves.

So, er, how old are you, then?

I'm twenty-two.

You're jokin'! I'm twenty-two! Talk about one in a million!

Aye. Amazing. And that's important because...?

Lucy could be a little less stand offish, Dolly is just trying to make friendly conversation.

:rolleyes:

Oh. Sorry.

Poor Alfendi, called "cuckoo" even without Alfiendi making an appearance.

I, I can't deny the coat's a bit, well...

Isn't it just a normal lab coat?

Alfendi is seven years older than Lucy and Dolly.

Alfendi returns.

Sounds like you two are having fun.

Fun is not the word, Prof!

Well anyway, some new information has come to light.

The song request fax was sent from inside the studio itself.

No! How's that possible?

One of our chaps was sent to check it out straight away...

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Looks like we have a double murder.

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

I feel like this crime scene is faked, somehow. They had the time to do a switcheroo.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
She was awfully insistent on saying DJ Dread died after eating the macaroons, huh? I'd say that points to that theory that this is a fake murder gone wrong. And with the discrepancy between her account of the wig and the actuality, I'd say he was actually murdered at some point after "passing out". Now, how's the rest of this update go-

Oh. Well, time to wait for new information!

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!
Unlike most interviewed-first characters, Dolly Hollerday is persuading me that she's innocent. Saying, "No, no, he died of poison immediately after eating the food that I brought for him" is something that would only be said by: a) an innocent person, or b) a criminal playing a pretty deep game. And while Dolly might be many other things, "deep" is not something I'd believe of her.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I assume the DJ was the type of person who would dunk a macaroon in his tea. Then there'd be no trace of poison in the portion he hadn't eaten, but he'd have ingested some of the tea without drinking any.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

This might be a little off-topic, but do people really dunk cookies into tea?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

They do strange things in England, you don't see that anywhere else. *puts mayo on his french fries*

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Another dead body at the station? Where were they hiding that one?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Mraagvpeine posted:

Cookies, yeah, but dunking a macaroon is a crime. Then again, it's England and they add milk to tea, so clearly there's no culinary horror they aren't capable of.
You know, were this a book whodunit I'd be almost certain at this point that he was trying to fake his death in order to draw out someone responsible for a past crime and that someone panicked and turned the fake death into a real one, but this game doesn't really do motivations.

We can be fairly sure the body was tampered with after the death and before we came in - the wig should prove that. Here's the thing: if he was trying to stage the death, that means he had an accomplice since someone from the studio sent the fax. The most likely case seems to be the tea lady on account of being, well, dead. Provided she didn't off herself from remorse or somesuch.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Oct 26, 2015

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tea was misdirection, the poison was in the fax paper and absorbed through his fingers.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Mraagvpeine posted:

We call them biscuits.

And hell yes.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Ghostwoods posted:

We call them biscuits.

And hell yes.

Canada does it too, it's great.

PS: Tea with milk and no sugar is great. :colbert:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

SystemLogoff posted:

PS: Tea with milk and no sugar is great. :colbert:
You. Me. Pistols at dawn.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Well, that rules out a bunch of my theories.

I hope we get a new crime scene section to look at.

Dunking the macaroon in the tea seems to make the most sense, but who knows until we get this new info.

I'm awful and usually sweeten my tea + add milk but I'm an incorrigible sweet tooth.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Oct 26, 2015

Kallev
Nov 16, 2014
What are the odds there were two wigs, swapped posthumously? One coated in the toxin, one not. Just something about the description of how the dreadlocks on the wig don't look like a wig, combined with the note on the handkerchief, makes me think he buzzed his hair for a little joke or something, and it went terribly wrong.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A manager is basically a butler for a celebrity, so let's bring her in!

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Shot in the dark, I'm going to say this woman tried to kill the DJ, but failed to do so and someone else successfully killed him. (If it's poison, another wild, baseless guess. Tea lady did it, but somehow poisoned herself too. Both dead.)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Alright, time to actually read these updates. Binge reading!

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

No Music.

Wot's this, wot's this? Somefin' happened, has it?

We're talking about the same tea lady that were missing? The one who brought the tea?

Yes.

So we've got two unsolved murders on our hands now then!

Sometimes, I feel like the expressions on Alfendi and Lucy's faces really don't match with what's happening at the time.

Actually, no.

Eh?

According to the officer on the scene, there's evidence that the tea lady was indeed Dread's killer.

What kind of evidence? Come on, Prof, spill the beans!

Firstly, they found the song request fax sheet that was sent to Mr Dread next to her body. Handwriting analysis has already confirmed it was the tea lady who wrote it.

Oh.

And on top of that, they found the poison with her, too. The same poison used to kill Mr Dread.

So, wot are you sayin' then, exactly?

As I explained, the tea lady was the one who brought the tea that the victim drank.

But if she were the killer, how come she's wound up dead now?

It turns out the tea lady was a huge fan of DJ 'Dee Dee'.

The theory is they must have had some kind of argument that sparked all this off.

What, she killed him 'cause she liked him that much?

Yeah, I bet that's it. It's a proper case of hero-worship, eh?

Aye.

Well, anyway, the case is closed.

Oh, so...I can go home now, can I? T'riffic!

Yes, you're free to go. Thank you for your cooperation.

Alright then, well, see ya, darlin'.

No...there's summat niggling me.

See ya!

Dolly leaves.

Prof, there's definitely summat not right here.

I mean there's a gaping hole between the evidence at the scene and Ms Hollerday's statement.

Well, nevertheless, the case is now closed.

But--

Actually, there's something I was hoping to get done, so, er...

We'll pick this up again tomorrow, shall we?

...Alright then, Prof.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Something about him wanting to go so abruptly seems very fishy. I wonder what they have in store, as we don't have much to go on from this new twist yet.

Though, the placed stuff could be a frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
So who killed the tea lady is the real case here. Interesting.

• Locked thread