Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Mob posted:

I mean except his mom, dad, daughter, and ol' grandpa Petey

and Cory from Trailer Park Boys but nobody's really supposed to know that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

DM Punk posted:

You think that gear is bad? This was her old gear...

Honestly I prefer that over the black whatever it was she had for this episode.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

fart blood posted:

What the heck is a Shazza?

It's an Australian-ism for Sharon.

EDIT: So Gable is a pure performance center product right? He's just so drat good at what he does and he & JJ work so drat great together.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 29, 2015

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

annoying full sail chants were in full effect again this episode

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Would Chad Gable qualify for the WO's Rookie of the Year award? As far as I can tell he never wrestled any promotion before NXT, had some random house show matches last year but didn't make his TV debut until 2015.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I only ask because Dave's criteria is so weirdly specific that Dana Brooke could end up winning by default

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
That tag match was hella loving fun.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Shine posted:

That tag match was hella loving fun.

Hells yeah. Gable owns, Jordan works great with Gable, Gargano owns & Ciampa doesn't suck.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I hope to God she has a male partner show up called Bazza or Gazza

Don't forget about Ol' Dazza!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Shazza looks like they put Alexa Bliss's pixie gimmick into a blender with Bayley's awkwardness and a wrestler came out. At least her name stands out though; they need to diversify their new women's names. PeyKayRayKay gets a tad confusing.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Ol Samoa Joe done run that breeze boy right outta the territory

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.

sticklefifer posted:

Shazza looks like they put Alexa Bliss's pixie gimmick into a blender with Bayley's awkwardness and a wrestler came out. At least her name stands out though; they need to diversify their new women's names. PeyKayRayKay gets a tad confusing.

To be fair, Shazza's not a WWE talent. I'm sure if she eventually gets signed they'll give her a great new name from their 80s TV Character Names handbook.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
Shazza does NOT deserve to wear Alexa Bliss's old ring gear. :mad:

kavik
Nov 24, 2005

:ohdear: Oh dear... :ohdear:
Jason Jordan looked so happy when he realized the crowd was chanting GA-BLE JOR-DAN to the Kurt Angle theme. :)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Trying to watch today's NXT and it's skipping so much as to be unwatchable. Anyone else having issues.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Why is NXT hiring every female wrestler in Australia? Serious question. Is it for tax purposes?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Baby Babbeh posted:

Why is NXT hiring every female wrestler in Australia? Serious question. Is it for tax purposes?

Mad Max is a very popular movie

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
NXT was fun and good but giving me withdrawls from lack of Asuka murdering scrubs.

I've normally defended Full Sail crowds, but 'Aussie Aussie Aussie' chants are where I draw the line. They belong in the bogan relic bin along with West Coast Wine Coolers, Rose Tattoo and Barry Mackenzie.

Baby Babbeh posted:

Because $1 USD currently buys around 1.4 Dollarydoos?

FullMetalJackoff fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Oct 29, 2015

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Gable and Jordan are my new favourite tag team, so good.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Frankston posted:

They are rapidly catching up to the reDRagon on my favorites list and that is now my dream match.

UpfrontSalmon
Nov 4, 2011

I prefer the term "Battle FROG."

Frankston posted:

They are ready and willing for a callup (even though it will probably be a while)

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

UpfrontSalmon posted:

They are ready and willing for a callup (even though it will probably be a while)

I worry about that because Vince still hates both tag teams and amateur wrestlers. Gable might slip by because he's an Olympian, but Jordan would get split and buried.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

FullMetalJackoff posted:

NXT was fun and good but giving me withdrawls from lack of Asuka murdering scrubs.

I've normally defended Full Sail crowds, but 'Aussie Aussie Aussie' chants are where I draw the line. They belong in the bogan relic bin along with West Coast Wine Coolers, Rose Tattoo and Barry Mackenzie.

Because $1 USD currently buys around 1.4 Dollarydoos?

chill out m8 there's always room for another shrimp on the barbie quit acting like a dingo stole your bay bay, bay bay

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I drove Shazza around to various CHIKARA shows back in 2012 so it's really awesome to see her on NXT.

Also, the reason Evie, Shazza, and Kay Lee Ray were on this taping was Sara Del Rey texted Lexie Fyfe (she runs SHINE and Slam min Ladies customs) the day before the taping and asked who was currently in her house. She gave her the list of names and those 3 were selected.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

DM Punk posted:

I drove Shazza around to various CHIKARA shows back in 2012 so it's really awesome to see her on NXT.

Also, the reason Evie, Shazza, and Kay Lee Ray were on this taping was Sara Del Rey texted Lexie Fyfe (she runs SHINE and Slam min Ladies customs) the day before the taping and asked who was currently in her house. She gave her the list of names and those 3 were selected.

"NXT women's division powered by home invasions and kidnappings", says prominent scoopsman/chauffeur.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

They should totally sign Evie though.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

They should totally sign Evie though.

They basically are actually.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Mob posted:

chill out m8 there's always room for another shrimp on the barbie quit acting like a dingo stole your bay bay, bay bay

get out of here australian adam cole

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war

Charles Gnarwin posted:

They are rapidly catching up to the reDRagon on my favorites list and that is now my dream match.

Holy poo poo, that match would be amazing.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Give the belts to either Dawson/Wilder or Gable/Jordan and make them feud. Replace championship belts with championship towels.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

its cool that they managed to get a face team and a heel team over at the same time in the span of like a month. crazy what you can do with a little competent booking.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Great episode.

I would however like WWE to stop their continued height-shaming of Tom Phillips.

Just embrace that he's a freakishly tall dude and don't have him stand weird when he's interviewing people.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

its cool that they managed to get a face team and a heel team over at the same time in the span of like a month. crazy what you can do with a little competent booking.

They even took Enzo and Cass out of the title picture in a really straight forward way that forced some heel heat onto the Mechanics. It is so competent it is crazy.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

kavik posted:

Jason Jordan looked so happy when he realized the crowd was chanting GA-BLE JOR-DAN to the Kurt Angle theme. :)

People do it at house shows too and you can tell they love it

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
I can think of worse things than being compared to Kurt Angle.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
wow have to say that Justin & Gable match was amazing

I'm starting to think NXT can actually make tag team wrestling a thing again.

Black Is Black
Jan 6, 2007

VoLaTiLe posted:

wow have to say that Justin & Gable match was amazing

I'm starting to think NXT can actually make tag team wrestling a thing again.

Triple H is a huge tag team mark right?

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
It's really going to break my heart when/if Balor turns heel.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I think that the best thing about Chad Gable is that he debuted as a heel and is now a massively over face without changing a single thing about his character. He's still a self-aggrandizing, dickish goofball, but he's just so undeniably great that people can't stop cheering for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm still not entirely sold on Jordan because he has very little personality and I think Gable carries the team, but they have entertaining matches and Gable's good at compensating for both. My current favorites are the Mechanics. Their offense is incredibly crisp and their heel tactics are old school. I think the Brainbusters comparison is pretty apt, but they put a more modern spin on it.

I just wish they'd give their teams actual NAMES. Enzo/Cass, Blake/Murphy, Jordan/Gable, Dash/Dawson - I guess they're going for individual recognition as they push these teams, which is alright, but a memorable team name can go a long way. Back when they had The Rockers, Demolition, Hart Foundation, Road Warriors, Powers of Pain, Orient Express, etc. was probably my favorite period in tag wrestling, but they seem to be going the route of the Edge & Christian naming scheme. That could actually be somewhat damaging to careers - it's harder to remember for casuals, and whoever's name is in second place might by default be designated as "the Jannetty".

Mob posted:

They call them prawns. :colbert:

• Locked thread