Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Arkanomen posted:

I'm assuming we don't have a backup phone and really don't remember everyone's numbers so I'm figuring one last mass text and then tossing it.

Ok, that could work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
A1 If intercept didn't leave a camera in the apartment and was monitoring it I'd be very surprised.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
A1. We at least need to tell Intercept to get the word out & revise security protocols. (We do have security protocols, right?)

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
A1

I'm glad we did this after moving Intercept out.

No need to be scared of going back in. If Vigilante wanted to press the attack she'd just do it.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

A1

If Vigilante wanted to, she could take care of us regardless of what we do in our injured state and it's not like we can outrun her. Best to just go with the flow and try to salvage as much of this as possible. Get the word out that until further notice, Vigilante is assumed to be a traitor working with paramilitary groups to take us down. Assume all of our hideouts are compromised.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
A1

And hell, get the word out to every other brotherhood branch we have contact with to watch out for teleporters of her description.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

reignonyourparade posted:

A1

And hell, get the word out to every other brotherhood branch we have contact with to watch out for teleporters of her description.

Good point. We should probably try to reach out to other groups to see if we can start the ball rolling on investigating the paramilitary group and warn them of potential sleeper agents.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Just caught up! Also, what the heck you idiots she wasn't necessarily being mind controlled she probably met the dude we took pictures of but don't remember! We should have mentioned that before pressing her so hard!

edit: In hindsight that was mentioned in the update but I still think we coulda been a little more subtle!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Oct 22, 2015

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

dog kisser posted:

Just caught up! Also, what the heck you idiots she wasn't necessarily being mind controlled she probably met the dude we took pictures of but don't remember! We should have mentioned that before pressing her so hard!
:confused: then why do you think she dropped us off a roof?

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Ralith posted:

:confused: then why do you think she dropped us off a roof?

The smile she did was creepy, but beyond that we were the aggressors. We dove for her, she ported out of the way, we dove for her again, she ported out of the way. She didn't attack us, she just reacted defensively to get us away from her.

I'm not sure that I believe any of that but as presented she could just be bailing because she's scared

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren: Public Scrutiny

You answer the phone, hobbling quickly to the building. “This is a bad time.”

”I know,” It’s Intercept. ”Saw the whole thing. I’m sending -” The call ends abruptly, your phone now as useful as a brick, just as a concerned neighbor finally approaches you.

“Are you okay?” She looks like she stepped out of the People of Wal*Mart tumblr, and is staring at your obviously broken arm. “I saw you, you - you should sit down. Please?”

There’s a small crowd starting to come around, possibly why Vigilante has just ‘ported off to places unknown rather than coming back, and you shake your head. “No thank you. I just need to -” You point futilely at the door to your building and she steps in front of you.

“Sweetie I had Hank call 911, the ambulance is on it’s way. I think you’re in shock.”

A. Do what she says, don’t cause a scene
B. Get her out of your way

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
No cops, were fine. Stagger away

B

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
B. No no no haha it's fine. We're training for a movie, there's a camera in the tree up there. This is all fake. I just twisted my ankle on the landing but it's fine. This arm looks stupid fake though, I'm going to have to ask them to fix it up don't you think?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
"Ma'am, please move out of the way."

Push past. B

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Maybe shove her pretty hard in case she's a "recovery agent" and goes for the subtle taze.

Holly, do we have one of our epi-pens on hand to give us a good shot to rev up that healing?

I figure we carry a few on us at all times.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Plan Outrail.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Arkanomen posted:

Maybe shove her pretty hard in case she's a "recovery agent" and goes for the subtle taze.

Holly, do we have one of our epi-pens on hand to give us a good shot to rev up that healing?

I figure we carry a few on us at all times.

You do, but an adrenaline shot doesn't heal you, it just keeps you amped up enough not to pass out/"die" into your healing coma.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Even still, having something we can jam into our leg/luck and get a spurt of energy to haul our rear end for a few more minutes is pretty dope. Should have 2 or three strapped to our leg.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

hollylolly posted:

You do, but an adrenaline shot doesn't heal you, it just keeps you amped up enough not to pass out/"die" into your healing coma.

Yeah, push that lady out of the way and slam down a shot. I don't want to go into a coma until we are in safe hands.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

You're pretty amped right now, I'll let you know when you're in danger of passing out.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

B

Intercept has our back, so we should head for the nearest meetup point. That way we can run into whatever backup he sent. Waiting for the cops will just end with them arresting us or some paramilitary types showing up to say hello.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

:siren::siren: You're on Candid Camera!

“Oh, no, no, I’m fine. I’m a… stunt person. It’s a new ...reality TV show.” You shrug lopsidedly, and paint a grin on your face. Your overweight neighbor looks confused, and she looks around you. Looking for the cameras, you realize. “A hidden camera show.”

You’re stepping around her, limping as you try not to use your broken ankle too much. She frowns and grabs for your arm, and you flinch out of her reach. You step wrong on your bad ankle and it crumples underneath you, your foot nearly at right angles to the rest of your leg. “All part of the plan,” you say as you fall over, twisting to try to avoid smashing up your bad arm anymore.

“Are you sure?” She seems incredulous as she stares down at you, but you smile and nod even though inside your head you are screaming at her to leave you alone. You hear a vehicle pull up to the curb and the sound of a sliding van door opening, and you push yourself up.

“Everyone clear the area, please,” says a deep voice behind you that you feel like you recognize. The neighbors start to scatter and someone grabs your arm, hoisting you to your feet.

A. Try to get away from whoever is grabbing you
B. Babble more about candid camera shows and how Mario Lopez is the host remember him from Saved By The Bell?
C. Go with it, at least until you see who it is

sorry about the delay

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
A

CHEEZE IT! ITS THE MUTANT CATCHERS!

Hope we have a knife so we can shank a few goons on the way to being captured :smith:

e: Or I'm being paranoid and this is our rescue. Look first, stab later.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Arkanomen posted:

A ... Look first, stab later.

Yeah. This.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
C. And if we don't immediately recognise him shank him with our knife jagged spike of compound fractured ulna.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

You stiffen as you’re hauled backward, and you see that it’s a tall black guy in a button up shirt who’s muscles seem to have muscles. That voice though - you remember it from somewhere. You’re starting to ball your hand up into a fist when you hear Squib’s voice from inside the van. “You look like poo poo.”

It’s the Barrio Boneyard, and you manage to wave at your neighbor with a smile as Big Mike picks you up and places you into the windowless van. “Ah, my camera crew,” you say, and then the doors close and the van peels out from the curb.

“What happened?” asks Squib. “Intercept said to come get you ASAP since I was the closest, and Big Mike said they’d help.” He makes a face as he looks at your mangled arm. You try to arrange it in a more natural position and cradle it in your lap.

“It’s Vigilante,” you say. “I told you before that I couldn’t tell you who was threatening Intercept, but it’s her. She’s working for…” You trail off and look sideways at Big Mike, who is sitting calmly across from you two like a muscle bound buddha.

Do you…
A. Keep talking
B. Wait to fill in the rest of your team and ONLY your team once you meet up with them

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
"Some druglord douche. She's all high on that crap. Caught her shaking Intercept down for some cash. We'll talk more when we're together. For now just let it go."

B Keep quiet about it and when we get all together we go into lockdown. Maybe look into using our gang connections to find a psychic. Maybe the boys know a mutant that knows some Santeria and makes it work too.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

Arkanomen posted:

"Some druglord douche. She's all high on that crap. Caught her shaking Intercept down for some cash. We'll talk more when we're together. For now just let it go."

B Keep quiet about it and when we get all together we go into lockdown. Maybe look into using our gang connections to find a psychic. Maybe the boys know a mutant that knows some Santeria and makes it work too.

This smooth piece of talkin'

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

Arkanomen posted:

Whoops! I slipped on smoooooooth talking.

Ah yeah.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Arkanomen posted:

Yeah, this is smooth...

... Smoother than just instantly spacing a certain family member in a different reality :colbert:.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Ghostwoods posted:

Yeah, this is smooth...

... Smoother than just instantly spacing a certain family member in a different reality :colbert:.

I haven't the foggiest idea of what you're talking about.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Be smooth.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
She needs a line of sight to teleport, right?

You don't need a psychic, you need a burlap sack.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
^: Yeah, pepper spray/flash bang or slip her some LSD and watch her merge into a wall/tree/bystander *splorch*

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
I meant we needed a brain diving mutant to check out all our members to see if there are any more moles. It will help when we catch her and can see if we can deprogram her.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Arkanomen posted:

I meant we needed a brain diving mutant to check out all our members to see if there are any more moles. It will help when we catch her and can see if we can deprogram her.

Well, those would probably seek us out. I can't really see them advertising that power very openly.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Well, those would probably seek us out. I can't really see them advertising that power very openly.

I figured the gang we're friendly with would know one, or at least would have a contact that does. You're right that telepathic mutants would be very secretive. Either we get in touch, or word that we want to get in touch gets out and the telepath contacts us. Either way, we need someway to check for moles.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Maybe if you just THINK it really hard a telepathic mutant will hear it!

:cheeky:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I'm not normally the praying type, but if you're out there please help me superman!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Can we reach out to our connections in other cells of our little pro-mutant group? Some poo poo is going down in our sector and we could use all hands on deck.

Outrail posted:

I'm not normally the praying type, but if you're out there please help me superman!

Knowing our luck, our old, mildly psychopathic, mentor would feel our fear and pop up to say hi. I'd be ok with that.

• Locked thread