Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is going to lift the MLS Cup come December
This poll is closed.
Not Mike Petke 5 4.95%
Michel's Stupid Haircut 3 2.97%
A Very Angry Danish Guy 7 6.93%
Some Dudes in Hardhats in a B-Boy Pose 12 11.88%
Nat Borchers' Beard 17 16.83%
Sigi Schmid's Beer Belly 20 19.80%
A Team Effort Because There Are 11 Pla....Just Kidding, Didier Drogba 5 4.95%
The Racoons That Live in RFK Stadium 8 7.92%
Midseason Acquisitions Stealing Time from Talented Youngsters 4 3.96%
Mexico's Favorite American, San Zusi 2 1.98%
gently caress Charlie Davies 8 7.92%
Sebastian Giovinco...Wait, Can He Even Wrap His Arms Around That Thing? 10 9.90%
Total: 101 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

gio and bradley in the bar behind me

thats not who i want

give me vanney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Azerban posted:

gio and bradley in the bar behind me

thats not who i want

give me vanney

When in Rome dude, get your batons

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Seriously though I'm glad you're okay and I'm kinda surprised that those guys went to that place. UM is probably hosed and hopefully everyone gets justice, or at least revenge?

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Seriously though I'm glad you're okay and I'm kinda surprised that those guys went to that place. UM is probably hosed and hopefully everyone gets justice, or at least revenge?

the police and security were complicit. nothing will happen

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Yeah that sucks, ultras fighting each other because theyre dumb criminals is one thing but attacking regular folks? That's really hosed up.

e: is it normal that I've been reading the word "baton" with a cartoon french accent?

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
This ref isn't giving us poo poo, letting them shove down all our players. How many times are they gonna foul Dwyer?

fix is in

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Timbers are insanely fast on their counter, for all the bitching about this team they seem thoroughly competent

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Timbers are insanely fast on their counter, for all the bitching about this team they seem thoroughly competent

Most of the year they were too fast and could get up field but not connect on the final passes. Lately they've been connecting better and put 5 on LA and 4 on Colorado so the potential is there.

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
Is...is this game only being shown in Spanish in the US?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

mr. unhsib posted:

Shhh they'll HEAR you

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

mr. unhsib posted:

http://www.univision.com/deportes/futbol/portland-timbers-vs-sporting-kansas-city-2015-10-29/watch-match

you can select english on this extremely awesome free and legal stream.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Portland are all fire tonight. Fun game so far.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Borchers has gotta put that one in if he's going to remain in our top 2 or 3 scorers.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Imagine a national team that calls up noted failure fraud Johan Venegas and ignores cool and good Rodney Wallace

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

I wouldn't mind if Dwyer got the first yellow.

edit: given as I was typing this.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

porkface posted:

I wouldn't mind if Dwyer got the first yellow.

edit: given as I was typing this.

Really surprised at the lack of yellows for bitching given out so far.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

These teams are so even. It's not just 0-0 even. If one team scores, there's still a strong chance the other will match them goal for goal.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

porkface posted:

These teams are so even. It's not just 0-0 even. If one team scores, there's still a strong chance the other will match them goal for goal.

Yeah, regardless of which way this game goes it is super enjoyable and chippy so far. I feel next half is going to be even better/worse.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

That was like Rugby to get the ball in the net.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Oh poo poo, Tico guy was right

Straight chalk. Contract the playoffs Garber

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This game is insane. They sure do show a lot of replays while the game is playing, or Joey cutting and passing a log around.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Unimas is trash. The English feed is awful. Portland is all speed and no technique. KC is getting roughed up and losing their cool.

And this ref is so bad.

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
Zusi is crap for SKC and the united states confirm/deny????

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Tim Melia is lucky Herb Dean isn't reffing this game.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

That yellow for Wallace was bullshit, that's totally accidental.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Unimas is trash. The English feed is awful. Portland is all speed and no technique. KC is getting roughed up and losing their cool.

And this ref is so bad.

This ref is really bad. For both teams, but was Wallace really deserving of a yellow there?! I think that was a horrible call.

Edit: are they actually taking a possible head injury serious?!

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Simone Poodoin posted:

That yellow for Wallace was bullshit, that's totally accidental.

It was. I miss him.

Jesus gently caress he just needed to stop the bleeding he was FINE

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
I'm not entirely surprised Wallace got a yellow there. It wasn't malicious but late and endangered the safety of an opponent. Still felt harsh though.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

SKC begging for a red. But they're denied.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Nemeth earned that yellow though. That was stupid.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

How was that not a red?

Less the push from behind but the ball kick to the head.

VVVv agreed, just frustrating now. Bad ref is making a good game bad.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
This game has fallen apart

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Dwyer is a talented dude but he has it rough as a little guy trying to challenge for the ball.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Okay, he's not fine. gently caress.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Sucks to see a guy doing as well as Melia to have to step out.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

I would keep Melano on to score against the new GK.

* I am not an MLS coach.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

porkface posted:

Sucks to see a guy doing as well as Melia to have to step out.

Yeah, aside from a lucky Wallace poke, he has done really well. Glad to see himself and the trainer taking his mental health seriously. - What I imagine Twellman is saying right now.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
OH JESUS WITH A BLOODY CAPTAIN TOO loving HELL PLAYOFFS

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

porkface posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

That was a pretty good goal

• Locked thread