Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Sash! posted:

So..."increased chance to die horribly" was less of a prevention tool than "get fired."

My dumb friends still refuse yo wear seat belts when they drive. Some people just take unnecessary risks for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some_weird_kid
Mar 16, 2004

My popcorn is cautiously and provisionally RDY

DinosaurEggSalad posted:

The thing is, they did fire her. So there has to be some smoke to that fire.

I can't argue with that - which I'm grateful for because it allows this story to still be hilarious to me. I'm going to choose to believe that it's all true up until the secret mind control conspiracy.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

dude789 posted:

This is the dopiest statue I've ever seen and FSU is doing Clemson a favor by attempting to hide it.

It's really a test. If somebody starts poisoning trees at Tallahassee Clemson will be allowed into the SEC

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Cincinatti this weekend is the first team Houston will have played with a winning record. Any chance they get exposed? Or is the Herman train going to just keep rolling?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Strawberry Panda posted:

My dumb friends still refuse yo wear seat belts when they drive. Some people just take unnecessary risks for no reason.

That's how you get thrown into a road sign

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thoguh posted:

Cincinatti this weekend is the first team Houston will have played with a winning record. Any chance they get exposed? Or is the Herman train going to just keep rolling?

Should be a good game. I think Houston takes it, but it's a higher scoring, closer game than either side expected.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

Sash! posted:

So..."increased chance to die horribly" was less of a prevention tool than "get fired."

Well, you know, sometimes people pick really weird lines that they won't cross. I've heard of people not bringing up some awful things because they didn't want to ruin someone's weekend. It seems dumb as hell, but stranger things have happened!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Thoguh posted:

Temple dropped 35 on Cinci

Houston will put up 50

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Thoguh posted:

Houston should throttle Cincy.

Setting us up for the Memphis @ Houston showdown in H-Town

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Anyone think an undefeated Houston is any threat for a playoff spot?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Spiritus Nox posted:

Possibly, since they'd have to go through Temple and Memphis to get there. But given the committee's back assward reasoning for putting Ohio State in last year, I doubt they give a no name team a shot if there is any possible way to avoid it.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Spiritus Nox posted:

The only way I see this happening is if there weren't 4 P5 conf champs with 0 or 1 losses. And I'd include ND there as well. If we end up with a 1 loss LSU, a 2 loss OSU, a 1 loss Baylor/TCU, a 1 loss Clemson, and a 2 loss Stanford I could see Houston grabbing one of those spots. More likely though would probably be a strong one loss conf runner-up. Like maybe a one loss Iowa.

Basically unless the last month of the season decides to become 2007 again I don't see it happening.

bushes
Nov 6, 2003

Kids running around naked fuckin' in the bushes
Houston is a really balanced team this year. If we can put up 150 rushing yards on Vandy with a battered O-line we should get 200+ on Cincy. That opens up the passing game and puts a lot of pressure on Cincy's D. Our defense doesn't give up a whole lot of points (yards yes, points no) and if you rely on the pass too much we start reading routes and get interceptions.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Nope. Louisville and Vandy (:lol:) would have to win out, Memphis' only loss would have to be to Houston, Navy would have to be a 2 loss team (their only other loss would be to ND), every team ranked ahead of Houston would have to have 2 losses AND the committee would have to look at Louisville v Clemson and Louisville v Houston and go *shrug* they both beat Louisville by a field goal; heads Houston gets in the playoff, tails Clemson does. *Heads*. Even then maybe.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I wish Temple had won so I could use that to my advantage.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

For some reason MSU is only a 5 point favorite over Nebraska. It would be pretty funny if we pulled that out.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Spiritus Nox posted:

There's some chance of it, but Memphis is a better shot if they beat Houston, and at the end of the day the committee will just pick some P5 team that passes the "eye test" or fits whatever "no we don't want a G5 school in the playoff" narrative that'll get pushed if that happens.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Spiritus Nox posted:

No G5 will seriously threaten a playoff spot as long as the field is 4 teams. Maybe even after it goes to 8.

Hell, I seriously doubt UH is ranked tomorrow.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 3, 2015

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Korranus posted:

No G5 will seriously threaten a playoff spot as long as the field is 4 teams. Maybe even after it goes to 8.

Hell, I seriously doubt UH is ranked tomorrow.

I think there's a decent chance just because while there are a bunch of undefeated teams, there aren't a lot of 1 loss P5 teams. So the committee would have to put a bunch of 2 loss teams ahead of Houston to keep them out completely. That said, the lack of any quality wins could be enough for the committee to wash their hands of Houston until after they play Memphis.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 3, 2015

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
The cry will go out for G5 representation once they expand to 8. Eventually one team will put together an undefeated season and beat a pretty good P5 team along the way. They'll get the nod. They'll get beat by 45 and everyone will shutup about G5's in the playoffs for at least a decade.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Sash! posted:

I wish Temple had won so I could use that to my advantage.

This as well as gently caress Notre Dame.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Honestly if you expand to 8 one of the spots should be the highest ranked G5 team anyway

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

The cry will go out for G5 representation once they expand to 8. Eventually one team will put together an undefeated season and beat a pretty good P5 team along the way. They'll get the nod. They'll get beat by 45 and everyone will shutup about G5's in the playoffs for at least a decade.

better than letting V-Tech in

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

I wonder if that '07 (season) Sugar Bowl sticks in people's minds just as much as the '06 Fiesta.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I wonder if that '07 (season) Sugar Bowl sticks in people's minds just as much as the '06 Fiesta.

the 08 sugar bowl is my personal favorite

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Jim Harbaugh is a goon and directly answered that Ohio State fan in this thread

quote:

“I did want to say, somebody was showing me this picture of the line of scrimmage on the goal-line stand where we appear to be offsides. It’s a very interesting thing. I’ve studied this a lot, and I have really good clarification on this that centers will often times come up to the ball and move the ball forward, and that’s not a penalty but what the officials tell you is the defensive line gets the ground that’s coming to them. They won’t penalize the center for not picking up the ball and moving it forward, but the defensive line gets the ground that belongs to them, so optically it can look like that in a picture but the way I understand it from the officials is that is legal.”

What was the issue?

“Yeah, some people were commenting. I know some bloggers, fans and things saw the picture and said, ‘Hey, isn’t Michigan offsides?’ and this is a subject I know a little something about so it was good. Our defensive line took the ground that was coming to them, that belonged to them and executed that stop as good as you can.”

This was actually an interesting explanation because I generally feel like players are offside on basically every punt, field goal, and goal line situation and it almost never gets called. It came up both ways with Michigan fans whining about MSU being offside on the punt and then Ohio State and MSU fans whining that Michigan was offside vs Minnesota (I didn't see any actual Minnesota fans care about this). Looking at the TV 'line of scrimmage' overlay thing, the center did have the ball about a half yard past the actual line of scrimmage, so this seems legit. This was also definitely the case with the Michigan punt and probably every other time I've thought this was happening. Well, the more you know and all that.

Here's an image from apparently Minnesota fansite Eleven Warriors. The actual LoS was back closer to the 1 than the goal line. Seems the new thing to do is spend two weeks making fun of your rival for whining about the refs, and then immediately begin whining about the refs in a game you weren't even involved in. The Yin to mgoblog's Yang.

Fun discussion about the most exciting rule in sports. Hopefully next week Michigan can defeat Rutgers thanks to a controversial illegal formation or perhaps ineligible man downfield.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Jim Harbaugh is a goon and directly answered that Ohio State fan in this thread

This was actually an interesting explanation because I generally feel like players are offside on basically every punt, field goal, and goal line situation and it almost never gets called. It came up both ways with Michigan fans whining about MSU being offside on the punt and then Ohio State and MSU fans whining that Michigan was offside vs Minnesota (I didn't see any actual Minnesota fans care about this). Looking at the TV 'line of scrimmage' overlay thing, the center did have the ball about a half yard past the actual line of scrimmage, so this seems legit. This was also definitely the case with the Michigan punt and probably every other time I've thought this was happening. Well, the more you know and all that.

Here's an image from apparently Minnesota fansite Eleven Warriors. The actual LoS was back closer to the 1 than the goal line. Seems the new thing to do is spend two weeks making fun of your rival for whining about the refs, and then immediately begin whining about the refs in a game you weren't even involved in. The Yin to mgoblog's Yang.

Fun discussion about the most exciting rule in sports. Hopefully next week Michigan can defeat Rutgers thanks to a controversial illegal formation or perhaps ineligible man downfield.

Great post. Eleven Warriors is mainly an Ohio State blog, with some general Big Tenniness thrown in.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah 11 Warriors is almost completely an OSU blog

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I know, I was making fun of them.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I will say, I'll be interested to see what the first top 4 are in the committee rankings, even if they aren't likely to closely reflect what the final spots are. Does anyone important have any signature wins yet? Because out of the teams that leap to mind when I think of the playoff - Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Michigan State, Stanford, Utah, Bama, Clemson, and LSU - the only wins I can think of that're likely to look that great at the end of the year are LSU over Florida and maybe Clemson over ND. Maybe ND over USC?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Utah took Oregon's soul, and realigned the powers of the Pac 12 with one game.

Everyone else...eh?

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 3, 2015

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I love when people draw a 2D line onto a 3D space and act like it means something. Hell, you can SEE the LOS marker in that image and it's very clearly at the 1/2 yard line, give or take a couple inches. It's almost as good as when people "extend" goalposts to determine if a kick was actually in/out.

Look, that guy's whole body was offisides!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

wa27 posted:

I love when people draw a 2D line onto a 3D space and act like it means something. Hell, you can SEE the LOS marker in that image and it's very clearly at the 1/2 yard line, give or take a couple inches. It's almost as good as when people "extend" goalposts to determine if a kick was actually in/out.

Look, that guy's whole body was offisides!

Hm this one actually seems pretty legit. I hope the Big 10 makes like the ACC and apologizes

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Eleven Warriors is 100% an Ohio State blog that takes every chance to take shots at Michigan like any fan of a rival will do. Especially after the MgoBlog twitter went bat poo poo crazy on them last week for making a website.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

I still don't understand. Who makes a statue where the statue is wearing sweatpants.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

That looks like if Aubie and the Nittany Lion gave birth to a child with fetal alcohol syndrome

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Where did all you Houston fans come from all of a sudden? It's basically just been Korranus and me posting for years.

And the Cincy game could go either way. It's supposed to be pouring rain the whole time.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQnYfkDO5Ks

Apologies if this was already posted, but I thought it was clever.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Hey, so we were shutout by Iowa State, that's cool

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Sab0921 posted:

Hey, so we were shutout by Iowa State, that's cool

I have to admit it was pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Crotch Bat posted:

drat someone's mad

• Locked thread