Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Really? The major beats seemed pretty constant throughout, it just got really confusing when they threw in time fuckery (unsurprisingly).

The lore of World of Warcraft is pretty simple. It conflicts with the earlier games a lot though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Aphrodite posted:

The lore of World of Warcraft is pretty simple. It conflicts with the earlier games a lot though.

Even WoW no longer makes any sense, and it's not all from time travel. Just... every piece of new content was slightly contradictory to the old stuff, and it piled up to the point that nothing in Vanilla is really canon anymore... which seems like a bad plan if you want people to get invested in your world.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really can't tell if this is supposed to be a horror, comedy or horror-comedy.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Comedy-horror, actually

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Warcraft was originally meant to be a Warhammer game but they couldn't get the license so they just changed the names. Of course they later changed a lot of things like instead of the Orcs being fungus-people who live for the sole purpose of fighting war they're noble savages from outer-space.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
They actually had the license for a short while, but then Games Workshop got uncomfortable with someone creating an actual good game out of their properties, and promptly pulled out.

And then Blizz proceeded to eat their lunch for the next twenty years.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

They actually had the license for a short while, but then Games Workshop got uncomfortable with someone creating an actual good game out of their properties, and promptly pulled out.

And then Blizz proceeded to eat their lunch for the next twenty years.

And GW employees have been quoted as saying that video games are a passing fad...

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Which might be why their current approach to video game adaptation is to allow basically whoever the gently caress wants the license to get it. Which is why there are like 10 million Warhammer games currently in development. Some of the games actually look like they could be could although I'm pretty sure the Total War one not being called Total Warhammer is the biggest crime in history.

Actually on topic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMFFyZzi-Bo
A video about Nicolas Winding Refn's new coffee table book of (s)exploitation posters.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Isn't this a like making a movie about the Monster Manual?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

flosofl posted:

I believe it's supposed to be about the writing of the book.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

flosofl posted:

It's more like if Elminster and Volo wrote Monster Manuals and this is the movie about them writing it.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

flosofl posted:

that would be goddamn amazing. Especially if it was documentary style and narrated by David Attenborough. I never played DnD but I always thought the monster manuals were super awesome.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Don't pretend that it isn't gonna be magical Indiana Jones staring a British clone of Chris Pratt.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Solenna posted:

that would be goddamn amazing. Especially if it was documentary style and narrated by David Attenborough. I never played DnD but I always thought the monster manuals were super awesome.

"The most fascinating thing about this Degenerate Lurker is that it has over fifty venom sacks to-- Carl, it's biting me. Stab it. Stab it!"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

And GW employees have been quoted as saying that video games are a passing fad...

And inch high dolls made out of lead which cost $100 each are the future!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Solenna posted:

The crew spends three weeks filming a mimic before discovering that it was just a normal chest after they make the PA poke it to get better footage.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Don't pretend that it isn't gonna be magical Indiana Jones staring a British clone of Chris Pratt.

Eddie Redmayne ain't exactly Chris Pratt.

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race

muscles like this? posted:

I really can't tell if this is supposed to be a horror, comedy or horror-comedy.

The horns make think Loki stole Christmas - because he would :allears:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

It's from the makers of Trick R Treat so it's definitely horror-comedy, but I get the impression it's slightly more serious than Trick R Treat was.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Here's a bunch of character posters for Force Awakens:

I think they're rather hit and miss; Finn and Kylo's work well because their sabers lend themselves well to this style of composition, but that's not so much the case with Han and Rey's weapons. Leia's poster looks nice, though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Actually it's starring Stephen Hawking.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Lollin' at the Han Solo one. Just looks like a confused old man who doesn't realize he's messing up the picture.

The progression from lightsaber to green lens flare-type thing for Leia seemed clever, but then the Han one looks like a parody.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Also I think Han's is made from two shots. The angles don't seem to match up. I'm guessing' is so they could have a bit more "head" on the left side of the blaster, but it's throwing me off.

edit: Actually I could be wrong and it could be the fact that his nose is facing a different angle from the rest of his body. Good lord is that a photoshop or does he have a wonky nose and I've just never noticed?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Love the Kylo Ren one with the unstable as gently caress saber. Goddamn I cannot wait.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Is Leia now Oracle? Is she in the Matrix?

Or wait is she like basically Mon Mothma now? That would be cool (I should catch up)

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Cross-Section posted:

I think they're rather hit and miss; Finn and Kylo's work well because their sabers lend themselves well to this style of composition, but that's not so much the case with Han and Rey's weapons. Leia's poster looks nice, though.

3/4 profile nose on a face that's looking dead center looks pretty hosed up.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Shoehead posted:

Is Leia now Oracle? Is she in the Matrix?

Or wait is she like basically Mon Mothma now? That would be cool (I should catch up)

Yeah as far as I can tell Leia's in the Mon Mothma role now (maybe a little more prominent). I dig it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sir Lemming posted:

Lollin' at the Han Solo one. Just looks like a confused old man who doesn't realize he's messing up the picture.

Perfect likeness achieved.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

ruddiger posted:

3/4 profile nose on a face that's looking dead center looks pretty hosed up.
Its extremely disorienting, the left side of his face looks flattened or misaligned

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Cubist Han Solo.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
I don't think there's any Photoshop trickery there, I'm pretty sure that's just how his face looks now

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

FreudianSlippers posted:

Cubist Han Solo.

This demands a detailed post from Super Mecha Godzilla about how Han's face represents the duality of his character and how it should be read to signify moral ambiguity.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Cross-Section posted:

Aw man, they're really encroaching on Space Cop there, huh?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Entertainment Weekly's cover this week provides a little more detail:

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 5, 2015

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Aw man, I actually feel bad for people who will be excited about a Kickboxer sequel or reboot or whatever that is. There is just so little hope that it will be good, even on the "actually not good" level of the original. But some poor souls will still be lured in by the power of nostalgia, only to face bitter disappointment...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That little getup Batista is wearing has me in tears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

That little getup Batista is wearing has me in tears.

I just had someone on the train give me a weird look when I burst out laughing at that.

I'll see the movie just so I can see what he looks like in motion.