Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

LeeMajors posted:

They're either the worst people you can possibly imagine (literally think Stephen Garcia on a bender),

I played football in Tampa with Stephen Garcia. He's been an rear end in a top hat forever.

How tough is it to get tickets on gameday on the sidewalk outside of the stadium?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Daric posted:

I went to the Tulane-Houston game this year and stayed with my family in Baton Rouge that are big LSU boosters. A majority of the people in both cities were completely incomprehensible. There's more Cajuns than you think.

Spintzel posted:

No offense but I don't think you understand the concept of regional accents

This

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Cole posted:

I played football in Tampa with Stephen Garcia. He's been an rear end in a top hat forever.

How tough is it to get tickets on gameday on the sidewalk outside of the stadium?

It used to be pretty easy--with their season wallowing around the p-trap, I'd imagine pretty easy.

Take that with a grain of salt though--I haven't actively scalped in ten years. In my adulthood I don't care to risk missing the game and will pay more for the privilege.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Borat ruined the perception of our fanbase and made it "shitheaded frat bros" for years.

I think your experience at a stadium is going to vary wildly depending on where you sit. If you're near the student section at all, good luck. If you're sitting among season ticket holders or old rear end alumni, you'll be fine and probably even have a friendly conversation or two. I haven't been to a ton of away games, but that's the rule of thumb I've noticed. And no matter where you are, the frat bros will definitely be the worst fans you encounter.

Cole posted:

It's not usually too difficult unless it's a rivalry game, and with us being terrible this year, it'll be even easier.

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 6, 2015

Aenobarbus
Nov 7, 2012

Pakled posted:

Today is the 146th anniversary of the first college football game ever, between Princeton and Rutgers in 1869. :toot:

Alabama claims a national championship from that year though...

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Aenobarbus posted:

Alabama claims a national championship from that year though...

We were undefeated

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
From the stories I've heard from my parents and people their age, LSU fans used to be a lot worse than they are now. Off the top of my head, two things stick out from the stories I've heard. Bottles being thrown wasn't unexpected and gas stations in little towns along the way(and back) to Baton Rouge wouldn't sell gas to people with out of state plates for the team they were playing that week. (Keep in mind this kind of behavior happened a long time ago)

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
The gas thing is just good gamesmanship.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Does Alshon Jeffery pump gas for visiting fans?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Oh right before I forget, Scarf, I think we moved Ramsey to safety for this game.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

Oh right before I forget, Scarf, I think we moved Ramsey to safety for this game.

Better have him play close... We had a lot of success with quick drag and under routes against NC State.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

gently caress it, rooting for Clemson this year.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/14058332/can-clemson-deliver-dabo-swinney-pizza-promise

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

D.N. Nation posted:

So with Missouri finally scoring a touchdown last night, the longest streak without one now is owned by your 2015 Georgia Bulldogs. With 14:53 left in the Tennessee game, Greyson Lambert threw a 48-yard TD pass to Reggie Davis to tie that game. Since then, UGA drives...

3 plays, 6 yards, punt
5 plays, 25 yards, punt (This is the drive that Davis dropped a sure TD.)
12 plays, 72 yards, end of game (Lambert's potential game-tying pass batted out of bounds in the endzone. This drive started at the UGA 1 yardline. Probably the most impressive drive we've had in this streak.)

1 play, 0 yards, interception
10 plays, 35 yards, punt
7 plays, 33 yards, turnover on downs
16 plays, 68 yards, field goal
4 plays, 37 yards, punt
1 play, -1 yards, end of half
5 plays, 15 yards, punt
3 plays, 8 yards, punt
3 plays, -13 yards, punt
10 plays, 36 yards (seriously, what the hell), field goal
12 pays, 49 yards, missed field goal
7 plays, 33 yards, field goal
2 plays, -2 yards, end of game

3 plays, -3 yards, punt
3 plays, 9 yards, punt
2 plays, 5 yards, interception
5 plays, 19 yards, turnover on downs
9 plays, 32 yards, punt
3 plays, 3 yards, interception
3 plays, 9 yards, punt
3 plays, 7 yards, punt
6 plays, 16 yards (again, what the hell), field goal
6 plays, 19 yards, turnover on downs (incompletion on a fake punt)
9 plays, 86 yards, interception (in the end zone)
5 plays, 16 yards, interception

Frame that. It's beautiful.

Luckily for UGA, Kentucky's defense will be the cure for what ails ya. Here are opponent drive charts from the last two games:

3 plays, 8 yards, punt
15 plays, 81 yards, TD
7 plays, 75 yards, TD
5 plays, 23 yards, turnover on downs
1 play, 0 yards, interception
5 plays, 69 yards, TD
7 plays, 31 yards, punt
6 plays, 57 yards, missed FG
7 plays, 75 yards, TD
11 plays, 80 yards, TD
3 plays, 2 yards, punt

12 plays, 43 yards, fumble (UK returned for TD!)
7 plays, 37 yards, punt
5 plays, 44 yards, TD
13 plays, 38 yards, FG
1 play, 75 yards, TD (Christ)
6 plays, 75 yards, TD
9 plays, 75 yards, TD
1 play, 4 yards, TD
-kickoff return TD-
-punt return TD-
3 plays, 2 yards, interception
3 plays, -4 yards, punt
10 plays, 73 yards, end of game (knelt on UK 14)

For anyone keeping track at home, that is 127 plays for 963 yards (at 7.58 yards per play) and 10 TDs. UGA could play Sony Michel at QB and score 31 this game.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Buncha fuckin anthropologists in this thread

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

bushes posted:

They're going to have to because there's a newcomer to the world of college ice hockey...Roll. Frozen. Tide.

Were they already not a team? I've been to a few of the games over the years and they seemed to be legit. I know pseudo team clubs like men's rowing on campus can't use the script A, but as best I can recall the FT always had it. They're fun to watch and are way better than they have any right to be, I just wish you didn't have to drive across half the state to watch them.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Emron posted:

We were undefeated

how many national titles does boise state have

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Warbird posted:

Were they already not a team? I've been to a few of the games over the years and they seemed to be legit. I know pseudo team clubs like men's rowing on campus can't use the script A, but as best I can recall the FT always had it. They're fun to watch and are way better than they have any right to be, I just wish you didn't have to drive across half the state to watch them.

They aren't a full bore varsity squad until next season, I believe.

Also please join us in the college hockey thread if you like. :cheers: Everyone in there is cool and good.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Hello new avatar...

And hey, he gets $100k bonus for a 9 win season. $125k for a 10, $150k for an 11, and $300k for a 12. That'd pay for the pizzas

Scarf fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Nov 6, 2015

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I might, but I don't know enough about SEC Hockey to know who to hate besides Tennessee.

EDIT: Hooray! New poverty avatars!

Warbird fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Nov 6, 2015

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Scarf posted:

Hello new avatar...

And hey, he gets $100k bonus for a 9 win season. $125k for a 10, $150k for an 11, and $300k for a 12. That'd pay for the pizzas

hahahaha that av rules

Warbird posted:

I might, but I don't know enough about SEC Hockey to know who to hate besides Tennessee.

EDIT: Hooray! New poverty avatars!

Youv'e got a perfect in-state rival with the UAH Chargers :cool:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
College Hockey is cool as hell and you should watch it

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Cole posted:

how many national titles does boise state have

I refuse to acknowledge the existence of any blue and orange schools

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Emron posted:

I have done nothing to you.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Former Everything posted:

UGA could play Sony Michel at QB and score 31 this game.

Shoot, why don't we?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

I have done nothing to you.

There will always be unfortunate collateral damage.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

Shoot, why don't we?

It worked for Kentucky against Tennessee a couple years ago

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Former Everything posted:

For anyone keeping track at home, that is 127 plays for 963 yards (at 7.58 yards per play) and 10 TDs. UGA could play Sony Michel at QB and score 31 this game.

Georgia is going to win out and save Mark Richt's job

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

Hello new avatar...

Those eyes aren't close enough together. And no purple windbreaker.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I remember when all of us Hokie fans thought Fuller/Facyson were going to be that kind of duo, then Fuller got hurt and our safeties sucked poo poo and our front 7 couldn't secure people in the backfield and welp there went that. Coupled with our deep desire to only play single high or cover 0 lately hasn't helped them :/

Facyson has gotten increasingly closer to his freshman level of play though which has been great, he has managed to get back to a high level of play after lingering injuries which hasn't been our luck, there are just too many freshman around him.

Like 2 weeks ago Facyson had arguably the best numbers of any ACC CB. No idea what it looks like now because it was all stats not normally tracked by the NCAA(targets, completion percentage, ypc, etc) but he's playing really, really good. He will at least pick up 2nd team ACC honors if not 1st and he's been without the benefit of playing next to a healthy Fuller all year.

Emron posted:

UVA doesn't need your help being forgettable.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Steve Spurrier is going to be in Lincoln tomorrow for the Nebraska-Michigan State game because he's already bored or something.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Real Name Grover posted:

Steve Spurrier is going to be in Lincoln tomorrow for the Nebraska-Michigan State game because he's already bored or something.

He's going to convince Tom Osbourne to be South Carolina's coach.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Emron posted:

Well Langston says gently caress you

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Crotch Bat posted:

Like 2 weeks ago Facyson had arguably the best numbers of any ACC CB. No idea what it looks like now because it was all stats not normally tracked by the NCAA(targets, completion percentage, ypc, etc) but he's playing really, really good. He will at least pick up 2nd team ACC honors if not 1st and he's been without the benefit of playing next to a healthy Fuller all year.

The only reason he may not earn 1st team if he finishes as strongly as he's been playing will be because the team hasn't performed well over all and visibility def plays a role in that recognition.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

Those eyes aren't close enough together. And no purple windbreaker.

He wears mom-sweatshirts, not windbreakers :colbert:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Emron posted:

We were undefeated

UAB national champs 2016

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Scarf posted:

He wears mom-sweatshirts, not windbreakers :colbert:

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Look Sir Droids posted:

He's going to convince Tom Osbourne to be South Carolina's coach.

Mark Dantonio more likely, if anything, but South Carolina is a step down from Michigan State even if South Carolina is his alma mater.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Ah, I didn't realize Shawn Eichorst was associate AD at South Carolina 10 years ago. Spurrier's coming as his guest

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Metapod posted:

Well Langston says gently caress you

I understand and accept this.

Also, Bama dudes--who wants to bet this was the Betas? They were always putting up awful poo poo when I was on campus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Emron posted:

I understand and accept this.

Also, Bama dudes--who wants to bet this was the Betas? They were always putting up awful poo poo when I was on campus.

That fact that that's such an old dig by now combined with it being a frat, I don't even care anymore.

Frats are the goddamned worst; when people accept that, it's easy to just ignore them.

• Locked thread