Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Emron posted:

I understand and accept this.

Also, Bama dudes--who wants to bet this was the Betas? They were always putting up awful poo poo when I was on campus.

That's dumb anyway. Gustav was worse than Katrina for Baton Rouge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This gets me every drat time.

Emron posted:

Also, Bama dudes--who wants to bet this was the Betas? They were always putting up awful poo poo when I was on campus.

Hell I lost a house and a parent in Katrina and I think this kind of poo poo is funny.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

That Works posted:

This gets me every drat time.

It's the best. I actually root for Clemson's success just so Dabo never gets fired.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Silly Burrito posted:

That's dumb anyway. Gustav was worse than Katrina for Baton Rouge.

Truly. I was up in Saint Francisville at the time and it demolished my house.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Remember when LSU frats hung posters about shooting Kent state. Greek life is pretty terrible

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well we know they're not design majors. Mixed case letters, weird fonts, poor design choices and colors.

A bad troll attempt.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Spintzel posted:

Remember when LSU frats hung posters about shooting Kent state. Greek life is pretty terrible

The Dekes on campus (are they still?) have a pretty good history of doing real whacked-out poo poo. This goes at least back to the late 60's/early 70's when my father was a Sigma Nu on campus.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Eltoasto posted:

It's the best. I actually root for Clemson's success just so Dabo never gets fired.

It would take a LOT for him to get fired at this point. He'll be able to leave on his own accord. And honestly the only other job I could see being more enticing for him is Bama because he is from and played there.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I want Clemson to win because gently caress FSU.

I want FSU to win because it means if UF wins out our résumé will look even better.

Lol what am I saying gently caress FSU go Clemson.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Les enjoys a nice grass smoothie before tomorrow's game.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Komet posted:

Mark Dantonio more likely, if anything, but South Carolina is a step down from Michigan State even if South Carolina is his alma mater.

komet i do not think he was seriously suggesting that the nearly 80 year old who has not coached football for almost 2 decades was going to take the south carolina job

That Works posted:

Hell I lost a house and a parent in Katrina and I think this kind of poo poo is funny.

It is less that it is offensive and more that it is so lazy and played out.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 6, 2015

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

C2C - 2.0 posted:

The Dekes on campus (are they still?) have a pretty good history of doing real whacked-out poo poo. This goes at least back to the late 60's/early 70's when my father was a Sigma Nu on campus.

They're still on campus but they are not allowed to hang flags. A few houses by them have been kicked out for hazing. One of them was for forcing pledges to smoke cigarettes which sounds like the lamest hazing ever

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
"Make LSU the Bobby Jindal of football," would be a far more relevant burn, even if it is not particularly good, but hey, that's why I never went into a frat in college, I guess.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

MourningView posted:

It is less that it is offensive and more that it is so lazy and played out.

True, but not expecting much more than that from 19 year olds of middling intelligence.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Emron posted:

gently caress those guys, I'd wish something bad upon them but they already live in Alabama.

Spintzel posted:

Some Greek life is terrible but not all.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Spacebump posted:

Some Greek life is terrible but not all.

Nah, unless you're including purely academic organizations who use Greek letters as identifiers.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Emron posted:

leonard fournette was in katrina holy poo poo hes gonna run angry

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

He wears mom-sweatshirts, not windbreakers :colbert:

You missed the joke.

LeeMajors posted:

Those eyes aren't close enough together. And no purple windbreaker.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Some of the UGA faithful are now saying gently caress off to UGA's AD and with him in place, he will never do what needs to be done to push UGA up to the next level, no matter who is the head coach. Other UGA posters will back the claim that our current AD is a shitfuck.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

You missed the joke.

I stand by my post

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I can't believe I've laughed at Dabo downs hundreds of times for years now

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Ehud posted:

I can't believe I've laughed at Dabo downs hundreds of times for years now

It's perfect. The man even looks like dabo.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Centuries from now when our ape brethren rule the planet, all that will remain of human civilization are the Statue of Liberty (if you don't love it, leave it, USA #1) and dabodowns.jpg

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
If by some absolute miracle Clemson goes to and wins the NCG, for the entire off season I'll [timg] that pic along with "kiss hug the ring" as a sig for all of my posts.

:toxx:

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

We live in such a progressive time. Our president is black and we voted a coach with Downs syndrome number 1

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

dabodowns.jpg forever.

Komet posted:

Mark Dantonio more likely, if anything, but South Carolina is a step down from Michigan State even if South Carolina is his alma mater.

I don't think Dantonio gives a single gently caress about us, to be honest. He's not from South Carolina or even the region; he's a Midwestern guy through and through. I don't think he has a bad relationship with the school or anything, it's just not really relevant to the rest of his life. I'm sure that won't stop dummies from continuing to speculate, though.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

RumbleFish posted:

dabodowns.jpg forever.

I don't think Dantonio gives a single gently caress about us, to be honest. He's not from South Carolina or even the region; he's a Midwestern guy through and through. I don't think he has a bad relationship with the school or anything, it's just not really relevant to the rest of his life. I'm sure that won't stop dummies from continuing to speculate, though.

Les Miles is totally going to coach at Michigan!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Scarf posted:

If by some absolute miracle Clemson goes to and wins the NCG, for the entire off season I'll [timg] that pic along with "kiss hug the ring" as a sig for all of my posts.

Isn't it generally taken that you should never make sig-toxxes because they are obnoxious?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Northwestern's defense plays 45 minutes while Thorson throws football into the ground or at Christian "I tore my ACL last season and the doctors took my hands" Jones and, though they play well enough to win if Northwestern even had a halfway functioning offense, eventually Hackenburg and that insane freshman running back take over is what's going to happen.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Oh no Stuckey :(

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

Northwestern's defense plays 45 minutes while Thorson throws football into the ground or at Christian "I tore my ACL last season and the doctors took my hands" Jones and, though they play well enough to win if Northwestern even had a halfway functioning offense, eventually Hackenburg and that insane freshman running back take over is what's going to happen.

The last two teams have sold out against the run to contain Barkley, so I imagine Northwestern will do the same. I don't know what to make of Northwestern's defense though. It was great to start the season and poo poo the last three games. If they can't get pressure on Hackenberg, he'll slice NW apart presuming the front seven plays up to stop Barkley.

Komet fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 7, 2015

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Scarf posted:

Ahahahahahaha that new avatar is magic.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Komet posted:

The last two teams have sold out against the run to contain Barkley, so I imagine Northwestern will do the same. I don't know what to make of Northwestern's defense though. It was great to start the season and poo poo the last three games. If they can't get pressure on Hackenberg, he'll slice NW apart presuming the front seven plays up to stop Barkley.

Northwestern's defense has been fine. Their problem is that the offense goes three and out on every series.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

R.D. Mangles posted:

Sounds like you borrowed Mizzou's playbook. You can keep it, by the way.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

kayakyakr posted:

Isn't it generally taken that you should never make sig-toxxes because they are obnoxious?

Eh true.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Miss State frosh and his Dad, who also played at the school, die in a single-car crash Friday night. http://www.hailstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=16800&ATCLID=210477841

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

C. Everett Koop posted:

Miss State frosh and his Dad, who also played at the school, die in a single-car crash Friday night. http://www.hailstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=16800&ATCLID=210477841

Goddamn! Horrible loving news...sorry MSU fans. :(

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

NickRoweFillea posted:

leonard fournette was in katrina holy poo poo hes gonna run angry
Yeah, and uh.. LSU helped with the clean-up and rebuilding efforts when those tornadoes hit Alabama..

Maybe they think they're playing Tulane? Which would still be so classless. What does it have to do with football? Nothing. Of course LSU college-aged fans have done stupid poo poo too. (think someone mentioned Kent State but I seem to recall the last VT game having some really awful signs from LSU fans) One life lost from an event is enough to make it nothing to joke about, but WTF.. this might be one of the more extreme signs I've seen. Let's get a NY team at Bama, see what clever sign they want to come up with. Or Hawaii, though I dunno if they would even know anything to reference there.

bushes
Nov 6, 2003

Kids running around naked fuckin' in the bushes
Finish what plate tectonics American Godzilla started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Scarf posted:

Eh true.

But on the other hand sharing downsdabo.jpg with everyone everytime you post....

• Locked thread