Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Bitsie Tulloch is cheerleading the hell out of the show on her Twitter. It's possible that Bitsie Tulloch is a living saint. After the poo poo the showrunners did to her character last season, if I were her I wouldn't piss down their throats if their lungs were on fire. And they would be. Because I would have set their lungs on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

johntfs posted:

Bitsie Tulloch is cheerleading the hell out of the show on her Twitter. It's possible that Bitsie Tulloch is a living saint. After the poo poo the showrunners did to her character last season, if I were her I wouldn't piss down their throats if their lungs were on fire. And they would be. Because I would have set their lungs on fire.

With this show she might actually be alive and captive with whoever took Trubel and the Floating Head Prop.

I really wouldn't put it past the writers at this point.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

I would love to hear some behind the scenes gossip about what exactly went down last season

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

With this show she might actually be alive and captive with whoever took Trubel and the Floating Head Prop.

Well Nick DID think he heard her voice.....and it's clear the Shadowy Organization (tm) is keeping someone captive.....though that's likely just to be Trubel.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

hangedman1984 posted:

I would love to hear some behind the scenes gossip about what exactly went down last season

Well there was this shipment of cocaine the writers got as a "prop" but it somehow vanished over a weekend, it was the same weekend that the last 20 episodes were written.

I didn't watch the last episodes of the last season but figured I'd check out the first episode of season5 and god it's even worse than before.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Oh hey this show is back.
I should check my DVR.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Applewhite posted:

Oh hey this show is back.
I should check my DVR.

To make sure it's not on there. If it is you should delete it, take the DVR outside and then smash it with a sledgehammer just to be sure.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

johntfs posted:

To make sure it's not on there. If it is you should delete it, take the DVR outside and then smash it with a sledgehammer just to be sure.

Oh was the premiere that bad?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Oh God can anyone get me a .gif of the "claw" at the end? Could not stop laughing!

This show has the best cgi

In terms of the episode
Hank is the worst friend ever for not bolting Nick to the wall. The man is obviously out of his mind and instead of trying to stop him in that situation (which as a cop he can totally do that) he lets him go on his warpath where he almost gets into a car accident and ultimately ends up going after an FBI agent...

I appreciated that they resolved to pregnancy arc in one episode in that same way that I would appreciate a gunshot as opposed to flesh eating bacteria: at least it
's over quickly. Babies in TV shows are almost always bad because since a baby does not have a personality they can only be used as a plot device. This show's particular plot device of using the baby as an inviolable connection between Adalind and Nick caused me to internally root for a stillborn or the death of the mother, which is not typically something I would normally root for.

Oh well I still like the show. In fact me and my fiancee dressed up like Monroe and Rosalee for Halloween!

pasaluki fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Nov 3, 2015

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Applewhite posted:

Oh was the premiere that bad?

I couldn't bring myself to watch it. The Rape-spawn Love story makes me throw up in my mouth whenever I think about it too much (ie, at all).

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Maybe Terry Goodkind is secretly a write for Grimm. We'll soon know when they introduce us to Wesen soccer.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Tahirovic posted:

Maybe Terry Goodkind is secretly a write for Grimm. We'll soon know when they introduce us to Wesen soccer.

Lol! We'll know for sure if the head of the wesen council resembles Obama and he and his wife die of some sort of magical std. (I only know about the Clinton thing because of a bad book thread, since I only read two of the books)

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So did Adalind have that kid in like, what, 8 weeks after getting pregnant if you stop and think about? Another magic baby I assume.

How they could have redeemed the series: Have him go in that room while she's giving her speech, ask to hold the kid, then lock her in the eyes and state "You are never going to see this child again, either. When you get out of the hospital, I am going to hunt you down, and they will never find you. Enjoy your final day alive." Then just walk the gently caress out and get the child as far away from that psychopath as possible.

Alas they went with a "We can't fight anymore!" bullshit angle that sets off the "they learned nothing" (the writers) bells.

pasaluki posted:

In terms of the episode

My favorite parts of the episode (there should be a video montage of this) is people explaining to Rosalee and Monroe what happened, and both of them recapping it like it was the dumbest thing in the universe and pretty much asking "What the gently caress?" at the end of it. It summed up the end of last season so perfectly.

Also the actress behind Rosalee managed to sound far more upset about Juilet dying than Nick, which I thought was funny. I really hope they don't suddenly have her become a nazi babyeater when the actress gets a better role offer and they decide to kill her off.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Nov 3, 2015

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Blazing Ownager posted:

Also the actress behind Rosalee managed to sound far more upset about Juilet dying than Nick, which I thought was funny. I really hope they don't suddenly have her become a nazi babyeater when the actress gets a better role offer and they decide to kill her off.

No I think you've got it. Anybody taking bets on when/how Rosalee turns evil?

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
I get the feeling that this shadowy organization - or whatever it may be - aren't as bad as they may seem to be. Looks like they're the least of Nick and co. worries.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Party Plane Jones posted:

There's no way she's dead. No body = still alive in tvland.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

No I think you've got it. Anybody taking bets on when/how Rosalee turns evil?

I don't know but I hope it's Adalind's fault and nobody cares, again

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

Quick question: would that refer to a nazi that eats babies, or someone that ate baby nazis?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hangedman1984 posted:

Quick question: would that refer to a nazi that eats babies, or someone that ate baby nazis?

To match Juliet, I'll go with nazi that eats babies. Maximum evil!

Speaking of her, does anyone else laugh every time she vogues to threaten someone? I'd think even other species would pretty much want to bust a laughing "Look, a scrawny Ewok! I sure am hosed now!" out. Even the ratlings are more threatening than that.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Blazing Ownager posted:

Speaking of her, does anyone else laugh every time she vogues to threaten someone? I'd think even other species would pretty much want to bust a laughing "Look, a scrawny Ewok! I sure am hosed now!" out. Even the ratlings are more threatening than that.

Which "her" are you talking about? Juliet's Woge was pretty loving terrifying. It says "I eat children alive and crack their bones for the marrow." Adalind's Woge says "I'm a grumpy kittycat that needs to cough up a hairball." Rosalee's Woge is just one big "Awwwwwwww! She's so cuuuuuutte!!"

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

johntfs posted:

Which "her" are you talking about? Juliet's Woge was pretty loving terrifying. It says "I eat children alive and crack their bones for the marrow." Adalind's Woge says "I'm a grumpy kittycat that needs to cough up a hairball." Rosalee's Woge is just one big "Awwwwwwww! She's so cuuuuuutte!!"

Rosalee's.

She does it when she's trying to threaten someone and it's absolutely hilariously non-threatening. She might as well turn into a Smurf.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Blazing Ownager posted:

"I WILL KILL YOU WITH CUDDLES AND/OR LICK YOU TO DEATH!!!!"

But yeah. Calling it now; that baby is totally going to wind up a blood sacrifice of some kind, or else used as potion ingredients (It technically has Grimm blood in it; that can do magic things right?)

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
5x02 – “Clear and Wesen Danger”
With Nick adjusting to fatherhood,

UGH. Screw that!

Hank gets a new partner and investigates a brutal murder.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I loved the expressions on the actors faces while they gave a recap, as though they were intentionally mirroring the audience's shock and confusion at the completely ridiculous direction the plot had taken last season. "Wait, seriously, that actually happened? That makes no sense at all."

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Haha holy gently caress the little weasely scientist-guy from Better Off Ted is a murderer!

Heeeey Meisner's back!

aaaand this guy's wesen of some kind, calling it now.

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 7, 2015

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
So is the show still Rapelicious?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

johntfs posted:

So is the show still Rapelicious?

They're very aggressively trying to redeem Adalind as a character. It's something you'll probably just have to deal with if you want to keep watching this show.

The episode itself was fine. Always like seeing Phil from Better Off Ted get work.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

hcreight posted:

They're very aggressively trying to redeem Adalind as a character. It's something you'll probably just have to deal with if you want to keep watching this show.

The episode itself was fine. Always like seeing Phil from Better Off Ted get work.

Maybe they could bring in Roger Howarth as a possible romance for Adalind. Two rape tastes that rape great together.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

hcreight posted:

And they're also very carefully trying to tiptoe around the fact that the whole reason Juliette changed into a Hexenbiest leading to her death is Adalind's fault. But the way things are going now I'm sure everyone will completely forget about it in short order.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

They're also treating "being a Hexenbiest" like it's a disease that makes you evil (which, admittedly, was also the case with Juliette's transformation), and that Adalind is barely responsible for her actions while "infected." This ignores that when she lost her powers the first time it only made Adalind more malicious in her quest to regain them and take revenge.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

hcreight posted:

Yeah. I was happy to see him.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

And they're also very carefully trying to tiptoe around the fact that the whole reason Juliette changed into a Hexenbiest leading to her death is Adalind's fault. But the way things are going now I'm sure everyone will completely forget about it in short order.

They already seem to have forgotten, entirely. Juliette was turned into a Hexenbeast what, a month or two back? She loving died less than two days ago? Why, sure! Move the rapist that set the events that lead to her death in motion to share your house while having romantic moments! Perfect sense!

... I still think the show would have been redeemed if Nick thought about that for a long time and confronted her about it, and the fact she admitted to having no friends or family, and just end her already. "Better to take care of you now, before you get your powers back. I'll keep the baby, don't need you."

ShakeZula posted:

They're also treating "being a Hexenbiest" like it's a disease that makes you evil (which, admittedly, was also the case with Juliette's transformation), and that Adalind is barely responsible for her actions while "infected." This ignores that when she lost her powers the first time it only made Adalind more malicious in her quest to regain them and take revenge.

I think she caught an STD from Heroes Sylar called THE HUNNNGER because it's the same loving thing they're doing here. It sucks just as much. (It even includes the exact same gaping plot hole of them being twice as evil without powers, until it's easy for the plot).

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Blazing Ownager posted:

They already seem to have forgotten, entirely. Juliette was turned into a Hexenbeast what, a month or two back? She loving died less than two days ago? Why, sure! Move the rapist that set the events that lead to her death in motion to share your house while having romantic moments! Perfect sense!

... I still think the show would have been redeemed if Nick thought about that for a long time and confronted her about it, and the fact she admitted to having no friends or family, and just end her already. "Better to take care of you now, before you get your powers back. I'll keep the baby, don't need you."

I think she caught an STD from Heroes Sylar called THE HUNNNGER because it's the same loving thing they're doing here. It sucks just as much. (It even includes the exact same gaping plot hole of them being twice as evil without powers, until it's easy for the plot).

It's not so much that as Adalind outlasted her storyline. First season instead of depowering her, Nick flat kills her. If we just desperately need the Juliette amnesia/coma story (we don't) Adalind's mother does it. And in my fanficy bullshit, that story lasts maybe three to five episode and Juliette becomes friends with Monroe and Rosalee much earlier.

The reason for all this stuff is that some people on Grimm really, really, really, really want Claire Coffee as Adalind to be on this show, preferably romantically involved with Nick. They saw General Hospital back in the day, loved Luck and Laura and thought, "drat, we have to do that here." I may yet forgive if Nick and Adalind have to stop Renard from unleashing a secret Weather Dominater.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

Nick letting Adalind move in with the rape-baby was the final straw for me. I'm out. :psypop:

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
It's not rape if both parties involved find out they like the same sauce later.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Just started the season premiere and I completely forgot this Jack the Ripper poo poo...

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Brocktoon posted:

Just started the season premiere and I completely forgot this Jack the Ripper poo poo...

It's better that way, trust me.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
So Adalind had a boy and decided to name him Kelly after Nick's mother? The US is so weird when it comes to names.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Blazing Ownager posted:

Also, in the timeline of the show, it was only a couple weeks back that Adalind showed up at the house simply to murder Juliet. The only reason she didn't was that Juliet was secretly a Hexenbiest who could fight back. But suddenly Adalind is so sorry about Juliet dying, and it looks like that's supposed to be sincere.

Honestly, time is just confusing on this show. Was Adalind just weeks away from delivering a baby when she had her Hexenbiest throw-down with Juliet?

I'm convinced now that the entire Hexenbiest Juliet storyline only happened so they could tell the audience "see, Hexenbiest power makes you evil, so Adalind was really the victim all along, and it's totally ok for Nick and her to hook up now if she's de-powered." Totally trying to forget that at least half the evil poo poo Adalind has done was while she was de-powered the first time.

Also, it's weird how DONE she is with her first baby now. From utter all-consuming obsession for two seasons, to just... nothing. Diana is gone again, and all it gets from Adalind this time is sort of an "Oh well, got a new baby now, so whatever."

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Nov 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Oasx posted:

So Adalind had a boy and decided to name him Kelly after Nick's mother? The US is so weird when it comes to names.

She's just a big Johnny Cash fan and wanted her boy to grow up tough

• Locked thread