Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Honestly just that one scene kinda put S1 Reverse-Flash to shame as far as frightening villainy goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I see they found a use for Wells' wheelchair again.

Zoom is awesomely horrible. As in holy poo poo he's brutal.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That wasn't as one sided as Oliver vs Ra's was, but it was close.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

mikeraskol posted:

Honestly just that one scene kinda put S1 Reverse-Flash to shame as far as frightening villainy goes.
To be fair to Reverse-Flash, he was pretty clearly not trying to kill Barry until the last episode of s1.

But still, Zoom is a loving monster holy hell.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Tony Todd for best voice casting 2015 btw

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
I hope Jay shows back up soon. Jay at least fought him a few times and didnt get merked.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
That was a good fight. Barry wasn't just using his normals, tried a few specials and even that funky terminal velocity gambit but it really just put Zoom over that much more.

Did Zoom catch Wells' shot because he expected it or because of his reaction time, and Ciscos was just not expected? Or is Ciscos vibe powers putting him in some sort of Speed Force blind spot?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
drat. This show just gets how to make villains appear horrifying.

You know, you'd think Earth 2 Flash would let you know that Oh yeah the other guy? The guy who nearly killed me? He catches the lightning. He's insane. Dont even try whatever I try because Im not in his realm of speed.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

AAA DOLFAN posted:

You know, you'd think Earth 2 Flash would let you know that Oh yeah the other guy? The guy who nearly killed me? He catches the lightning. He's insane. Dont even try whatever I try because Im not in his realm of speed.

Jay never was able to do lightning to begin with.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Jay made it pretty clear that he thought Barry fighting Zoom was a loving awful idea. Wells talked him into it out of desperation only.

Next week's promo for anyone who wants to watch. Grodd looks great and I'm excited to see what they do with Barry being paralyzed (which I assume is temporary.)

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

lotus circle posted:

I'm excited to see what they do with Barry being paralyzed (which I assume is temporary.)

My name is Barry Allen and I'm the fastest thing on wheels.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
It would appear that Jay does seem to know what he is talking about when it comes to Zoom. Attempting to fight Zoom at their current power level wasn't brave, just stupid. It took Oliver + Firestorm + Barry to subdue Reverse Flash - so what did Barry expect trying to take him on with just Harry and Joe on sniper rifles?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Every Zoom and Linda-related part of the hour was great, but there's been a lot of stupidity going around nonetheless. Barry's IQ seems to drop with every passing episode.

So wait Earth-2 Linda's still just going around murdering people or something?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

BrianWilly posted:

Every Zoom and Linda-related part of the hour was great, but there's been a lot of stupidity going around nonetheless. Barry's IQ seems to drop with every passing episode.

I don't think he did too much stupid this episode. He was just overeager. I thought this was a really good episode.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

I think she just wants to hide. Wanting to murder Earth-1 Linda was a desperate attempt to make Zoom think she was dead.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Didn't Patty say that Dr. Light was spotted again doing some killin'? I may have heard wrong.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

BrianWilly posted:

Didn't Patty say that Dr. Light was spotted again doing some killin'? I may have heard wrong.

Think that was part of the STAR Labs plot to get Zoom out of hiding.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

Maybe so, I wasn't paying the closest attention at times, but t'm not sure how any one would recognize her as Dr. Light seeing that she left sans suit.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Dr. Light isn't a murderer. Well, okay, she technically is, but only by accident, and she didn't enjoy it. My guess is she's just going to lay low for a while. She can become invisible, so that shouldn't be terribly hard for her.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I would love to see a speedster team up to take down Zoom by the end of the season. At the same time, the next time they do a speed villain I hope it's not someone who is just flat out faster than Barry. It would be cool to see a more even speedster fight that ended with something clever (although the stuff Barry tried in this fight to even the odds was super cool).

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Guy A. Person posted:

I would love to see a speedster team up to take down Zoom by the end of the season.

I'd have to say this is almost a certainty.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
One thing I thought was stupid (although I recognize they had to have a reason for leaving the suit) was that Dr. Light should have been able to make her clothes invisible as well. It's not like she TURNS invisible. She bends light around her.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zoom should still be able to fight at super speed just fine while falling.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Party Plane Jones posted:

Jay never was able to do lightning to begin with.

I thought he could he just can't anymore because he's depowered?

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Did you miss the entire episode where Jay kept doing exactly that?

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Aphrodite posted:

Zoom should still be able to fight at super speed just fine while falling.

He did and he beat the poo poo out of Barry on the way down. He just couldn't run specifically fast anywhere.

Speaking of Barry's rear end being kicked, time for Barry to makes some legs out of Speed Force.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Barry got Knightfalled, oh my god :stonk:

but that "fight" was probably neck and neck with Oliver vs. Ra's last year; overall it was a good episode that balanced humor and holy gently caress really well

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Carlosologist posted:

Barry got Knightfalled, oh my god :stonk:

Now we need a replacement Flash in a metal Flash suit.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Zoom just dragging Flash around by his collar and burning him in different places around town. 'You thought you could defeat me with this?' Savage. I think that was one of the best episodes yet.

Drifter posted:

I'd been thinking of the fight on the bridge when everyone was talking about the Ollie vs Ras fight, not the first fight on the mountaintop. That bridge fight was one of the shittier fight scenes I'd scene.

Pretty sure everybody is referring to the first fight where the gets royally clowned

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 11, 2015

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - That was pretty fuckin' hilarious, yaeh. :allears: Watching Barry get dragged around in slowmo by his neck was just so goofy.

I'd been thinking of the fight on the bridge when everyone was talking about the Ollie vs Ras fight, not the first fight on the mountaintop. That bridge fight was one of the shittier fight scenes I'd scene.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 11, 2015

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well if kissing Patty cured his blindness, I think we know how to cure his numbness.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Zoom is a lot less frightening when you think of him delivering his lines with Tom Hardy's Bane voice.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
Did Linda already know about Barry being the Flash, or is the fact that Iris and Joe are there, and Cisco and all the rest except Barry not tip her off?

Edit - Nevermind, question answered before the next commercial break!

(Pacific time out here, not reading the thread yet)

My Q-Face fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Nov 11, 2015

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

My Q-Face posted:

Did Linda already know about Barry being the Flash, or is the fact that Iris and Joe are there, and Cisco and all the rest except Barry not tip her off?

She may have been somewhat distracted due to having almost been killed by her 'evil' twin a day earlier.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Jesus motherfucking god Zoom. They took a guy that was already a terrifying unstoppable creepy weirdo in the comics and went, "You know what, let's throw in some Savitar and motherfucking Black Flash."

This show :stare:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Spacebump posted:

Now we need a replacement Flash in a metal Flash suit.

Paging Harry Wells to the secret Reverse Flash chamber. Harry Wells, to the Reverse Flash chamber.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Holy poo poo, I was on the edge of my seat for the last ten minutes, literally! That's good television!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
This show! :stare:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

That bolt catch was pretty freaking awesome and unexpected.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

mikeraskol posted:

Not totally sure how that was Zoom using Linda as bait when all he had to do was show his face for the same result?

He was taunting Barry about Barry's attempt to bait him, to let Barry know that Zoom saw through his ruse and is the superior speedster.

BrianWilly posted:

I disagree, this time he came up with an attack first, and team Flash had to figure out what he was doing. Next he'll start figuring out how to combine his super attacks. Flash-lightning plus the round the world punch! :flashfap:

Also, Somehow they'll try to recreate the accident that gave him his powers and Cousin Wally will show up at the last second and get zapped too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

My Q-Face posted:

Also, Somehow they'll try to recreate the accident that gave him his powers and Jay Garrick will show up at the last second and get zapped too!

• Locked thread