Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Neo_Crimson posted:

Green Lantern will never happen because the SFX budget would be huge and the franchise is still haunted by that Ryan Reynold's movie.

They could do a quick visit by Alan with the glowing Green Flame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

It's weird that they're still calling him Wells instead of Thawne.

It feels forced just to make the drama with Earth 2 Wells.

because he is Earth-2 Wells and not Earth-2 Thawne

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not that Wells, the other Wells!

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Not that Wells, the other Wells!

Whatever, Harry!

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
I once had a teacher named Mr. Balls and when I was younger my mom asked him if his first name was Harry....

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
All these multiple realities makes me think that our Barry could accidentally stumble upon the DC Movie universe and be like "ew, no."

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

VagueRant posted:

All these multiple realities makes me think that our Barry could accidentally stumble upon the DC Movie universe and be like "ew, no."

"Oh god, now I'm REALLY not good enough!"

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

Here's Barry getting owned:

Wait, Zoom did a completely gratuitous flip! He's Earth 2 Roy!

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

VagueRant posted:

Would still be better than Barry stumbling upon the Smallville universe

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

enraged_camel posted:

Here's Barry getting owned:

The fact that the lightning bolt freezes in Zoom's hand before he throws it is really weird.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's how fast he's moving.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
I'm really surprised that Caitlyn mentioned that he still heals fast. There's no reason for him to still heal fast if he basically lost his powers.

He got hit with two speed dampener darts, and then got finger poked by ZOOM, which if what happened to Jay is any indication, is how he steals speed from other speedsters. Even if he was interupted by being shot by Crisco, Flash should be a small fraction of his normal superspeed.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Aquasnake posted:

I'm really surprised that Caitlyn mentioned that he still heals fast. There's no reason for him to still heal fast if he basically lost his powers.

He got hit with two speed dampener darts, and then got finger poked by ZOOM, which if what happened to Jay is any indication, is how he steals speed from other speedsters. Even if he was interupted by being shot by Crisco, Flash should be a small fraction of his normal superspeed.

Well we don't know exactly what effects Well's solution will do. It didn't seem to immediately slow Zoom down when Cisco shot him so it could be Barry's condition is due to the beat down he took. We'll find out more next week.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Think Patty will be able to do the math and determine that Barry is the Flash?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hiddenriverninja posted:

The fact that the lightning bolt freezes in Zoom's hand before he throws it is really weird.

Yeah it freezes like an icicle

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chokes McGee posted:

Great, now I want the Sinestro Corps. We've already got Henshaw, we're off to a great start!

Sinesto, Atrocitius (pretty much any of the Red Lanterns really) or Larfeeze could totally be in that prison and serve as an episode villain. Abin Sur could show up, and in the process of subduing them, get mortally wounded where Hal Jordan/John Stewart/Guy Gardner/Kyle Rayner/Simon Baz, who had been introduced in an earlier episode gets the ring and finally defeats them with Supergirls help. They then fly off and show up once a season. I can't imagine one episode would be too expensive.

Aquasnake posted:

Yea, I'd say Barry is seriously hosed up, but its going to take some kind of believe in yourself speech by Iris to get him up and walking around. Plus, there's no way Patty isn't going to know that Barry is the Flash after this, unless she's a terrible detective.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, I'd say Barry is seriously hosed up

I re-watched the fight scene and the cracking sound of his back and the way that it bends is just awful. We've seen Barry heal but never from anything this serious, Zoom straight up broke his back. I mean, of course we know he is eventually going to heal or whatever but for right now its pretty serious.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

OB_Juan posted:

Think Patty will be able to do the math and determine that Barry is the Flash?

I hope it will be some sort of thing where she figures it out but doesn't tell him, and when he finally decides or accidentally has to tell her she will just be like " yeah I know, I knew since (whenever). I'm a detective Barry."

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It would be cool if he figured out how to lend and borrow speed, and gave it to Jay to stop Grodd. And later borrowed from lots of people to stop Zoom, a speed spirit bomb, if you will.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

greatn posted:

It would be cool if he figured out how to lend and borrow speed, and gave it to Jay to stop Grodd. And later borrowed from lots of people to stop Zoom, a speed spirit bomb, if you will.

Patti: Notice me, West-senpai!

Chewbacca
Jan 30, 2003

Thugged out since cub scouts

Aphrodite posted:

The only version that would really work there is if he was Earth 2 Barry himself.

They've been telegraphing this being the case so hard since the beginning of the season that I'm starting to think it won't be evil Barry because its too obvious. But yeah, it's probably evil Barry.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

if we can start referring to Earth-2 Barry as Other Barry that would be fantastic, tia

Chewbacca
Jan 30, 2003

Thugged out since cub scouts

Carlosologist posted:

if we can start referring to Earth-2 Barry as Other Barry that would be fantastic, tia

Do you want a city infested with metas, Barry? Cause that's how you get metas!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Chewbacca posted:

They've been telegraphing this being the case so hard since the beginning of the season that I'm starting to think it won't be evil Barry because its too obvious. But yeah, it's probably evil Barry.

How have they been telegraphing this so hard?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

mikeraskol posted:

Zoom straight up broke his back.

Not only that, he dragged him all over town to shake him like a rag doll. If his spinal column hadn't been severed when his back was broken, it surely after all that.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
He also fell like 30 stories from that airborne fight.

I think. I don't remember but I think they just crashed into the ground, right?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Drifter posted:

He also fell like 30 stories from that airborne fight.

I think. I don't remember but I think they just crashed into the ground, right?

Yeah they just landed hard into the ground on Barry's back. He did not fare well in that fight at all.

Luckily he will have Jay Garrick, Jesse Quick, and Wally West fighting alongside him in the season finale :flashfap:

(actually probably just Jay but I can dream)

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful
I'm guessing that Zoom's super speed is actually the weird time-control power this time, which is why the speed dampener thing didn't actually work. Crisco/Sisqo/Cisco doesn't know yet that they're dealing with an entirely different power set that makes him impossibly fast even for speedsters.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Carlosologist posted:

I tried to make this happen like 20 pages ago.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Stayne Falls posted:

I'm guessing that Zoom's super speed is actually the weird time-control power this time, which is why the speed dampener thing didn't actually work. Crisco/Sisqo/Cisco doesn't know yet that they're dealing with an entirely different power set that makes him impossibly fast even for speedsters.

If the thing didn't work why would he scream in anger and get the fuq outta there? Like any serum I assume it takes a minute to set in.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

greatn posted:

If the thing didn't work why would he scream in anger and get the fuq outta there? Like any serum I assume it takes a minute to set in.

he might be a calculating villain and when he got shot with a dart he wasn't expecting, he didn't want to take any chances that it might actually do something to him

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Someone make a version of :tviv: but it's Barry in a wheelchair and Zoom comes in from the side, thanks

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Hi, new to this thread. Why aren't they making use of the AI hidden in the walls? Did it blow up or something in a episode i might have missed?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Dongattack posted:

Hi, new to this thread. Why aren't they making use of the AI hidden in the walls? Did it blow up or something in a episode i might have missed?

Wells took it with him when he bailed and left the voeyer vids to troll Barry back in season 1

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Bad Moon posted:

Wells took it with him when he bailed and left the voeyer vids to troll Barry back in season 1

what a FUCKER

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

greatn posted:

Because he was shot with a needle and it still hurts?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Spoilery image from upcoming episode. Considering it is the Grodd episode then this shot isn't really surprising, but it's still going to be really cool

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Sure let's keep that thing around for old time's sake

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Thwomp posted:

Because he was shot with a needle and it still hurts?

I mean yeah a dart in the neck hurts but with his powers he could murder everyone there even if he is in a lot of pain.

I'm pretty sure it was heavily implied that he knew he was about to have his speed drained so he booked it out of there rather than be at the mercy of a bunch of people who hate him without his powers. If this wasn't the case then they posed no further threat to him even if he was in blinding pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hiddenriverninja posted:

Sure let's keep that thing around for old time's sake
Do you know how long it took Cisco to sew it back together? It was a pile of glowy triangles last time we saw it!

• Locked thread