Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Amidiri posted:

Flowey killed Asgore. I don't really consider them the same person exactly, since Asriel has a soul (even if it's not his) and Flowey doesn't.

Sorry, my bad. Multiple beings somehow being the same being yet not is just kind of confusing to me. I have the same problem with the Holy Trinity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Flowey gave a speech in the genocide route about how he once decided to kill everyone just to see what would happen.
Totally a serial killer.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Again, more mass murderer. A serial killer is a specific thing, not just anyone who killed more than one person.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also, no one ever says serial murderer, they say serial killer.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

serial manslaughter-er

Tofu Survivor
Nov 4, 2011

Contrary to popular belief, soy is not an effective zombie deterrent.

loquacius posted:

Dreemurr being an anagram for "murderer" was probably intentional but I really doubt Asriel being an anagram for "serial" was too

I always thought it was an intentional misspelling of Azrael. Y'know, the Angel of Death.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Tofu Survivor posted:

I always thought it was an intentional misspelling of Azrael. Y'know, the Angel of Death.

Lots of things in this game have intentional double if not triple meanings.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ProfessorProf posted:

Since I've gotten a lot of PMs about it: No, I am not interested in inserting fanmade fake material into the LP and pretending it's real.

That's kind of a shame, but really, it's totally for the best. Fake final geno fight japery It's all legit up to ten minutes so skip there if you wanna.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Nov 12, 2015

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, no one ever says serial murderer, they say serial killer.

Murderer and killer are synonyms :ssh:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yes, I'm quite aware. My point is that "serial murderer" is not really a phrase people say, instead opting for the synonym "serial killer." Thanks for the English lesson, though.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

RareAcumen posted:

That's kind of a shame, but really, it's totally for the best.

You should probably polsy that, or just not link it, for reasons.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
It's an anagram for "serial", a joining of Asgore and Toriel's names, sounds vaguely like Azrael and like "a surreal", which he is in his final boss forms. I imagine Toby started with just one or two of these in mind and was just pleasantly surprised when/if he noticed the other, accidental layers. Toriel's name plays into her son's, but also works as a tutorial pun.

If you think about it, Asgore really got the worst name of the bunch.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kurieg posted:

You should probably polsy that, or just not link it, for reasons.

If you think so.

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012
I really don't get why everyone says it means 'serial' when it works just as well as 'israeli'

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Valgaav posted:

I really don't get why everyone says it means 'serial' when it works just as well as 'israeli'

There's only one I though, it'd just be Israel

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

so is the reason for Papyrus's obsession with spaghetti due to him being a creepy skeleton into pasta

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm not following.

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet

The Saddest Rhino posted:

so is the reason for Papyrus's obsession with spaghetti due to him being a creepy skeleton into pasta

...DAMMIT

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.

Valgaav posted:

So, what I'm getting from this is that flowey is a metaphor for the zionist conspiracy that is manipulating the world governments and media?

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Next you'll tell us you didn't realize that Sans is a comic.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm not following.

dont feel bad i didnt get it either

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet

Tempest_56 posted:

Next you'll tell us you didn't realize that Sans is a comic.

well come on now i knew that

took me a bit but still

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm not following.

Glory of Arioch posted:

Creepy. Pasta.

:suicide:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Glory of Arioch posted:

Now I do, and I think it's kind of a stretch because Papyrus isn't creepy, he's a cool dude.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Waffleman_ posted:

Now I do, and I think it's kind of a stretch because Papyrus isn't creepy, he's a cool dude.

Is Papyrus being a cool dude the reason the pasta at the save point is cold

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
But dude if you take papyrus's name and turn it all into numbers you get 16-1-16-25-18-21-19 and if you add it all together you get 116 then if you combine those you get 8 which is the number of spares you have to do before you get his special attack and that's why he delays like that

probably not true at all, haven't counted the number of attacks

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012

Sentient Data posted:

But dude if you take papyrus's name and turn it all into numbers you get 16-1-16-25-18-21-19 and if you add it all together you get 116 then if you combine those you get 8 which is the number of spares you have to do before you get his special attack and that's why he delays like that

probably not true at all, haven't counted the number of attacks

It varies depending on your actions, so no.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Valgaav posted:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Waffleman_ posted:

also

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

No Gravitas posted:

Creepy. Pasta.

:suicide:

I want to read a parody creepypasta that ends with Papyrus appearing with a menacing "Nyeh heh heh!"

Valgaav
Feb 21, 2012

Bringing this back, but poor, poor Mettaton. Having to sit there through these two utterly non-Fabulous skeletons and their non-Fabulous shenanigans.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

This is incredible. :shittypop:

This is pretty good too.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Burgerpants might have some connection to Papyrus, since his nickname came from a spaghetti story.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Not everything has to be connected in some way, it doesn't have to be a pun.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

His name is Burgerpants because he had burgers in his pants.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Both excellent, full points :golfclap:

Diploid
Oct 21, 2010
Never mind, someone else already said what I did.

Diploid fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Nov 13, 2015

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

His name is Burgerpants because he had burgers in his pants.

it is 100% a play on the spaghetti meme of being on a cool almost-date with the girls you totally have a crush on, but then burgersspaghetti falls out of your pants pocket and you run away in embarrassment.

Torches Upon Stars
Jan 17, 2015

The future is bright.

ProfessorProf posted:

This attack shoots barks at you, but only if you move. If you stay still, it just sleeps in peace.

I didn't find out until my third run that moving made it bark, because I tried not to act without observation. That and it's good to let sleeping dogs lie.

Torches Upon Stars fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Nov 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Wow, when someone's not posting their fanfic or arguing about what constitutes a spoiler, the thread kind of dies huh? :v:

Here's a couple videos for those posters who said they don't like the :effort: photoshopped heads ones.

http://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DfU3jfk-O7L0

http://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DBHJlctEx3jc

• Locked thread