Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Vaudevillains worked best when they acted like heels and got cheered anyway. Their loving name is the Vaudevillains the gimmick doesn't work otherwise!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

That DICK! posted:

Vaudevillains worked best when they acted like heels and got cheered anyway. Their loving name is the Vaudevillains the gimmick doesn't work otherwise!!

Yeah, I thought they reached their absolute peak during their title feud with the Lucha Dragons with the ridiculous 1920s vignettes.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Odnet posted:

Vaudevillains could get Vince behind them if they were heels with a gimmick of "guys that stubbornly do everything the old-fashioned way and hate kids and millennials because they're idiots with different ideas."

That's the mechanics

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I don't really feel like the Vaudevillains fit in NXT at its current state. It was good for developmental but they're lost in the shuffle now because NXT doesn't really do niche comedy gimmicks. Their ceiling is always going to be a comedy tag team regardless of where they go for as long as they have that gimmick. It's fun, but it's very one-note and "1920s strongman" doesn't leave a whole lot of room for character development. I do feel like they'd make a fun stable with Sandow on the main roster though.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

sticklefifer posted:

I don't really feel like the Vaudevillains fit in NXT at its current state. It was good for developmental but they're lost in the shuffle now because NXT doesn't really do niche comedy gimmicks. Their ceiling is always going to be a comedy tag team regardless of where they go for as long as they have that gimmick. It's fun, but it's very one-note and "1920s strongman" doesn't leave a whole lot of room for character development. I do feel like they'd make a fun stable with Sandow on the main roster though.

Let's be honest though who is the last wrestler to actually have real character development. Every WWE wrestler is a one note gimmick. They say Whay they're about then they don't do any thing else.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Gotch should just get called up solo as "Strongman" Simon Gotch. He could make a good comedy midcarder working the Vaudevillians gimmick.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The London Takeover will be airing live at 3 p.m. ET. I wonder how that will affect the viewing numbers since most people are still working by then.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Benne posted:

The London Takeover will be airing live at 3 p.m. ET. I wonder how that will affect the viewing numbers since most people are still working by then.

I don't know how they determine numbers these days, but i'm sure they'll take VOD into account for that

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Is Nia Jax going to make it to the main roster? Does the power of being related to The Rock overcome being a woman over 30 in Vince's eyes?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

Let's be honest though who is the last wrestler to actually have real character development. Every WWE wrestler is a one note gimmick. They say Whay they're about then they don't do any thing else.

I'm tempted to say both Rollins and Ambrose, but I'm probably being generous.

Ninja Edit: Largely thanks to each other, funnily enough.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

The_Rob posted:

I like how Bayley became more aggressive as she started to fight for the championship and now that she's defending it, that's pretty cool imho

I don't know if pre-champion Bayley could have done her finisher on Blake (or was it Murphy?) and run after Alexa

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

sticklefifer posted:

Gotch could totally have growth. He could ride out the 1920s Strongman thing real hard, then slowly get introduced to more modern forms of exercise. It'd be like a reverse Bull-Fit; Gotch in his old-timey gear doing crossfit or a tough mudder marathon or something. I mean, it's not a TON of growth character-wise but it'd be an easy way to get him out of the 1920s Strongman gimmick if they chose to do so.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war

Phenix Rising posted:

Gotch could totally have growth. He could ride out the 1920s Strongman thing real hard, then slowly get introduced to more modern forms of exercise. It'd be like a reverse Bull-Fit; Gotch in his old-timey gear doing crossfit or a tough mudder marathon or something. I mean, it's not a TON of growth character-wise but it'd be an easy way to get him out of the 1920s Strongman gimmick if they chose to do so.

Gotch could track the progression of pro wrestling through history. He's an old-timey carnival wrestler now, he could become a Gorgeous George flamboyant wrestler, then a hard-nosed Bruno Sammartino type, all the way through the cartoony 80s and Attitude era late 90s.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Holland Oats posted:

Gotch could track the progression of pro wrestling through history. He's an old-timey carnival wrestler now, he could become a Gorgeous George flamboyant wrestler, then a hard-nosed Bruno Sammartino type, all the way through the cartoony 80s and Attitude era late 90s.

And then he'd adopt Ruthless Aggression, but then midway through he'd go all PG.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Phenix Rising posted:

A series of vignettes where Gotch strongmans his way through modern exercise/athletic events could have great potential, seriously.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

And then the best part; Simon Gotch, Wrestler from the Year 2929

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That DICK! posted:

Looking forward to his stable with Tekno Team 2000.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Howling Man posted:

Is Nia Jax going to make it to the main roster? Does the power of being related to The Rock overcome being a woman over 30 in Vince's eyes?

Not really sure. But she's known as being really stiff and clumsy. That can hurt chances a lot.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Howling Man posted:

They're certainly investing a lot of time and effort into her. She's tall and they're selling her as strong and seems to have some charisma. But she is on the older side, and, well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqo4OZ0Pqs

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

That DICK! posted:

His finisher can be the Moonbasesault

sticklefifer posted:

And then he'd adopt Ruthless Aggression, but then midway through he'd go all PG.

After that, he'll become like Toru Yano but shilling for Network subscriptions instead of DVDs.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

That DICK! posted:

Have him dress up as Max Moon.

Here's something for the Undertale fans:

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Elias Samson should have a reverse Jeff Jarrett gimmick where he's too poor to afford another guitar and tries to keep his opponents from smashing it.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

AMReese posted:

Have him dress up as Max Moon.

Here's something for the Undertale fans:

Yeah? Well here is something else for the Undertale fans:

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Yeah? Well here is something else for the Undertale fans:

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

abraham linksys posted:

I like how Bayley became more aggressive as she started to fight for the championship and now that she's defending it, that's pretty cool imho

I don't know if pre-champion Bayley could have done her finisher on Blake (or was it Murphy?) and run after Alexa

Yeah I like that too, but NXT exists in a different universe than the main show.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

Gulak was playing coy in the interview, as PWTorch has learned that Gulak did not receive an offer following his try-out.

http://www.pwtorch.com/index.php/20...apolsky-advice/

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/billy-gunn-fired-wwe-ped-failure-201626

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

The_Rob posted:

AJ Lee going from competitor to GM to pass around girlfriend to best diva on the roster? Daniel Bryan going from losing the WHC, to having good tag matches with Kane, to becoming the people's champ? None of the current people on the main roster have any story of importance. Maybe Rusev coming in as a brute; gaining Lana, the support of Mother Russia, and the US title, then moving on to feud with Dog Ziggler. Not the best story, but at least Rusev got mic and ring time.

I enjoy NXT as much as the next person, but they don't spend anymore time than the main roster on establishing character. People have gimmicks, everyone hears about them from live event reports, so when someone like Tye Dillinger comes out doing the Perfect Ten thing; the crowd already knows and is eager for it. Tye didn't get much promo time to establish it, the internet geeks were ready without it. I think Adam Rose was part of this problem. People get hyped for something but can't stay hyped. The promo time they give Mojo just reinforces that the Hype Bros are bros and does nothing to really help them; just keeps the character in a holding pattern.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Mildly surprising considering he hasn't been an active wrestler this year and his links to Hunter. Bet he's re-hired a year or so from now.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Thauros posted:

Mildly surprising considering he hasn't been an active wrestler this year and his links to Hunter. Bet he's re-hired a year or so from now.

When he wrestled or guest refereed on NXT Live Event he was always jacked.

My tinfoil hat conspiracy is that this is related at least in part to the James Storm nonsense.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Wait. Since Billy Gunn had a big hand in hiring James Storm, is that why Storm doesn't have a contact yet?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Thauros posted:

looks like he got caught by an outside source, that's probably why. if it was internal he'd just have to lose his title to a big belly man and then job to kalisto.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

rovert posted:

Not really sure. But she's known as being really stiff and clumsy.

Huh, no wonder she is being paired with Eva Marie now, then they can out-terrible each other.

Great, now I'm imagining Vince wanting to push Eva/Nia as the new HBK/Diesel of the Divas division.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i can't really see vince/dunn letting nia jax show up on raw unless she's debuting as brodus' girlfriend

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
RIP Billy Gunn, you were an rear end Man.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

If they'd just get rid of that "gently caress You" Spinebuster that she does, she'd cut down on that perception of her.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I dunno, it was pretty funny when Tamina was pulling that role with AJ and everyone called her Shiesel.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i can't really see vince/dunn letting nia jax show up on raw unless she's debuting as brodus' girlfriend

Having her debut with Eva's return is exactly what they might try. It won't work, but I can see how they think it would.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

You can bet it'll be Bayley vs Eva at London

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

That London crowd vs Eva.

Rip Eva

• Locked thread