Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

No, it looks like he won.

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

My Imaginary GF posted:

I feel like, at this time, there is little that I can add to that discussion, and so I need not add anything.

:bravo:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Jagchosis posted:

lmao hes in a loving jdam crew

idk what that is but it sure doesn't sound like the kind of guy who would have access to classified data that says the north koreans are totally great at war after decades of not being near that.

does this essentially mean he loads missiles onto things?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
this jstor article on communist radicalisation in shanghai displaced persons camps shows why m/e refugees shouldn't be allowed into france

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

My Imaginary GF posted:

I feel like, at this time, there is little that I can add to that discussion, and so I need not add anything.

there's a first time for everything

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

My Imaginary GF posted:

now if only you extended that to all discussions

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Nintendo Kid posted:

idk what that is but it sure doesn't sound like the kind of guy who would have access to classified data that says the north koreans are totally great at war after decades of not being near that.

p much exactly what it means yeah

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Nintendo Kid posted:

Oh yeah he was the guy bragging about being rear end deep in classified information.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Gravel Gravy posted:

Oh yeah he was the guy bragging about being rear end deep in classified information.

which is a thing you're not supposed to do in the first place

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Jagchosis posted:

I know that's the first thing I learned in super spy Carmen San Diego school.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Ahahahahahahah, Boon is using Arkane as proof he's right. Oh good.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

nobody likes a quitter

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Gravel Gravy posted:

i mean he pulled the "my uncle works at nintendo and" thing, except he forgot that saying "i work at nintendo" screams bullshit even more

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Ahahahahahahah, Boon is using Arkane as proof he's right. Oh good.

Has he cited Arzy yet?

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

Jagchosis posted:

How much trouble could he get in?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Nintendo Kid posted:

i mean he pulled the "my uncle works at nintendo and" thing, except he forgot that saying "i work at nintendo" screams bullshit even more

He seems like one of the people in my grad program that was in the military playing a support role and then exclaiming he's an expert in foreign policy because he kept office inventory in Kuwait

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Sinnlos posted:

How much trouble could he get in?

a court martial and military jail

not sure how much trouble he can get into for bragging about classified info when the only thing classified is how many missiles he has to lug over to the planes each day, though

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Nintendo Kid posted:

a court martial and military jail

not sure how much trouble he can get into for bragging about classified info when the only thing classified is how many missiles he has to lug over to the planes each day, though

At the very least if he is ever up for another clearance investigation it's going to look bad to the investigator to hear he's bragging about holding nuclear launch codes to random folk at bars

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

"We got bombed, but we WON!"

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

even gignac looks surprised at that

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Raskolnikov38 posted:

now if only you extended that to all discussions

I think I'm attempting to.

Hence my posting in RSF: I understand elections. I understand candidates. I can add something and show the uninitiated how to think like a candidate; how to become a candidate.

Also it's fun to make fun of bankrupt candidacies one cycle too late.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Become the Trump. Let it enter every fibre of your being.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Paris :smith:

I don't know if we have any Parisian goons but stay safe.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Hence my posting in RSF: I understand elections. I understand candidates.

Just going to sit here and appreciate this

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

god if I knew how lovely political discourse would become 80 years later I'd never have voted for hitler

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i'm the bullet header

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

INH5 posted:

There is no correlation between conservative Islamic views and support for terrorism. It's true that most Muslim countries have awful human rights records, but that's a separate issue from terrorism.

As to your first paragraph: I'd like to see your methodology, including your definition of "deadly terror attack." Did you cover the Sri Lankan civil war? A brief look at what the Tamil Tigers got up to in the 90s and 2000s shows that their methods were very similar to those of ISIS, Al-Qaeda, and Boko Haram, even though they were a secular nationalist group with a mostly Hindu membership. Did you cover the Second Congo War? Plenty of the atrocities committed in that war would fit any definition of terrorism, and they all took place in a country that is 95% Christian. If you had run those calculations two years ago, would you have included the Rwandan Genocide, or the Yugoslav Wars?

The answer ultimately depends on how you define "terrorism," and is thus a pointless semantic argument.

Furthermore, even if you could make this kind of calculation, the only honest way to present the data would be to separate into the categories of "did the terrorist attack take place in a developed country, a stable developing country, or an unstable developing country?" to account for the fact that Islam happens to be popular in unstable parts of the world.

This should be empty-quoted on every page that someone brings up THE ISLAMICS.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Tesseraction posted:

:smug: :smug: :smug: one word: taqiyya :smug: :smug: :smug:

we really need a flipped version of :smug:

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Exclamation Marx posted:

i'm the bullet header

je suis la tête

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Tesseraction posted:

god if I knew how lovely political discourse would become 80 years later I'd never have voted for hitler

So you're the one who blew the baby hitler op.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

paragon1 posted:

So you're the one who blew the baby hitler op.

do you even UNDERSTAND how cute that baby was

I... i coudltn do ipt

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Tesseraction posted:

Is there a correlation between fundamental islam and expression of antisemitic views, as defined by how Prime Minister Netanyahu would interpret such?

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
https://np.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/3spqsc/whos_up_for_some_false_flag_bingo/

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Tesseraction posted:

do you even UNDERSTAND how cute that baby was

I... i coudltn do ipt

You're right. I don't understand...at all.

How could you put a cute baby before All of the Jews Tesseraction? :colbert: How?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

My Imaginary GF posted:

Is there a correlation between fundamental islam and expression of antisemitic views, as defined by how Prime Minister Netanyahu would interpret such?

No more than papists I would presume

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

the_paradigm_shift posted:

No more than papists I would presume

Popes have been known to pal around with Hitler before.

Some have even been nazis.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Very conflicted emotions, on one hand my friend in the band is safe and so is my other friend in Paris, but still just horrified at the happenings there and just absolute tragic loss of life.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/eagles-of-death-metal-issue-statement-on-paris-attack-20151113

Have no direct contact right now though sure i'll see him down in nola

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

My Imaginary GF posted:

Popes have been known to pal around with Hitler before.

Some have even been nazis.

And islamaphobic rhetoric from the other two major abrahamic religions falls where in your mind?

• Locked thread