Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Rambling Robot posted:

let's have a look at imgur:

lol

and of course the american manchildren have to make it all about 9/11 - the only tragedy the world has ever known.

9/11 was GenX's JFK assassination. Nobody of that age will ever forget it (until alzheimers).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i want a small piece of that rock they get real worked up over when the 101s airborne or putins rowdies or whoever bust it up

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Boinks posted:

Religion was beneficial, like the appendix was, but now it doesn't do anything and sometimes bursts and kills people.

its definitely a fellow traveler of nationalism which is why i think its valuable on a social scale

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Morons. Yeah, go suicide in France, nothing bad for your cause ever happened from doing this poo poo before.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
'Come on we're going to be late for the attacks'

'Hang on better not forget my Syrian Passport haha'

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

counterfeitsaint posted:

What a poorly named movement.

Wasn't the Robin Williams movie Awakenings about a bunch of helpless retards having their ability to communicate enabled

Seems appropriate to me

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

zimboe posted:

How 'bout a bounty? Greed always works.
Say, a fat 100k per weapon recovered, call this snitch line, anonymity guaranteed, bounty paid NQA.

Cost-wise,overall, it is a bargain.

Yeah, until they start framing innocent people to get that money.
Remember Afghanistan when the warlords were pointing fingers at each other and calling each other Al Queada for the sweet sweet US dollar?
Bounties do not always work.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
French media reports the terrorists were between 15 and 18 years old. :|

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
This is clearly the fault of toxic masculinity.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded

happyhippy posted:

Yeah, until they start framing innocent people to get that money.
Remember Afghanistan when the warlords were pointing fingers at each other and calling each other Al Queada for the sweet sweet US dollar?
Bounties do not always work.

They only get paid if the cold iron is recovered- which solves the false witness problem. Guns to Gold, as it were.
Hah, there's the name for it- Gold for Guns. Pay 'em in gold-even more attractive.

You might even see the cache holders themselves selling off their stock to the gendarmes and blowing town with the sweet sweet coinage.

If a few assholes accidentally get SWATTED, well, there's always gonna be some collateral damage.
I still think it would work.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Nov 14, 2015

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

Christ this place is full of loving retards.
Every time something like this happens I have to listen to a million fuckwits who are suddenly experts on international affairs.

Doing that is some people's way of trying to make sense of what happened

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

I came

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Has France tried banning extremist Islam? It seems like if there was no extremist Islam then there wouldn't be these types of attacks.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Zzulu posted:

it is definitely religions fault, not the fact that an entire region with close to one hundred million people in it is in complete chaos and been utterly torn apart by war

nah it's the religion that breeds terrorists, not that other thing

The middle east has always been at war and turmoil. A good reason for why this is is because religion, which dominates the region, can be manipulated to be extremist rather easy. Kurds, sunnis, shiites, they hate eachother, along with other religions and cultures clashing in the same place because the mid east has been a central point of world history for centuries. Think of it as like the US without the ability to meld everything together.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

GORDON posted:

9/11 was GenX's JFK assassination. Nobody of that age will ever forget it (until alzheimers).

I constantly forget about it until someone makes a joke about it then I laugh all over again

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning

Germstore posted:

This is clearly the fault of toxic masculinity.

You're joking, right?

Demonachizer posted:

Has France tried banning extremist Islam? It seems like if there was no extremist Islam then there wouldn't be these types of attacks.

It'd be interesting to see how that would play out, but you can't just "ban" how people take an ideology without completely removing the practice of the faith itself, and that historically hasn't gone down well.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

zimboe posted:

They only get paid if the cold iron is recovered- which solves the false witness problem.
If a few assholes accidentialy get SWATTED, well, there's always gonna be some collateral damage.
I still think it would work.

Also most have family members back in the war torn original places.
So they won't rat out others, incase word gets back and their family is killed.
Bounties may work in some situations like non-war mafia like organizations. Not refugee/war/terrorist ones.

gently caress, I know a few IRA guys in my hometown. A few UVF drug dealers too. Wonder why I don't snitch on them...

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Bacon Terrorist posted:

'Come on we're going to be late for the attacks'

'Hang on better not forget my Syrian Passport haha'

Not to fault you here but odds are they raided the places they were living after they were ID'd.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

SocketWrench posted:

The middle east has always been at war and turmoil. A good reason for why this is is because religion, which dominates the region, can be manipulated to be extremist rather easy. Kurds, sunnis, shiites, they hate eachother, along with other religions and cultures clashing in the same place because the mid east has been a central point of world history for centuries. Think of it as like the US without the ability to meld everything together.

Wrong.

The middle east was an Eden of peace and prosperity and harmony until the nasty white man came in and spewed imperialism everywhere. They ruined everything with their nasty antibiotics and electricity and vaccines and poo poo.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Coming next week: France joins forces with Syria and Russia to put an end to the diabolic rule of IS and Turkey.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

happyhippy posted:

Also most have family members back in the war torn original places.
So they won't rat out others, incase word gets back and their family is killed.
Bounties may work in some situations like non-war mafia like organizations. Not refugee/war/terrorist ones.

gently caress, I know a few IRA guys in my hometown. A few UVF drug dealers too. Wonder why I don't snitch on them...

Well, I didn't say it was a perfect plan.

But every single rifle off the streets is another incident avoided- and these incidents are very,very expensive when all the costs are included.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Zzulu posted:

it is definitely religions fault, not the fact that an entire region with close to one hundred million people in it is in complete chaos and been utterly torn apart by war

nah it's the religion that breeds terrorists, not that other thing

I agree with this poster the only viable solution is more war.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

mr. mephistopheles posted:

the only viable solution is more war.

If only France had an army

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Datasmurf posted:

French media reports the terrorists were between 15 and 18 years old. :|

Of course they had to be Millennials.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Hi thread how can I president Hollander act to stop these attacks from happening again? Please your lovely opinions count and I am reading every post unironically . Thank u and God bless

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Microwaves Mom posted:

Not to fault you here but odds are they raided the places they were living after they were ID'd.

The BBC report said it was found near the site of one of the attacks but I could be wrong.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

ethanol posted:

Hi thread how can I president Hollander act to stop these attacks from happening again? Please your lovely opinions count and I am reading every post unironically . Thank u and God bless

hello there. no, you can't. no one can, it's the nature of terrorism.

Asclepius Hot Rod
Apr 5, 2009

counterfeitsaint posted:

Wrong.

The middle east was an Eden of peace and prosperity and harmony until the nasty white man came in and spewed imperialism everywhere. They ruined everything with their nasty antibiotics and electricity and vaccines and poo poo.

No it was relatively peaceful after the Ottomans conquered most of the region, killing or converting a lot of the people that would have destabilized their empire.

Saudi Arabia must be destroyed.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

ethanol posted:

Yah, like he's gonna listen to our well-reasoned advice. He already has highly paid and therefore competent advisors, ya know.

We get paid dick.

E: Dick.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 14, 2015

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

zimboe posted:

Yah, like he's gonna listen to our good advice. He already has advisors, ya know.

Screw them Sorbonne people, we are goons.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I, president hollister, sign this into law herby all Islam is now banned in western society and we shall buy a fleet of anti Islam f35s from or friends in America to take the bAttle to the skies. God bless

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

zimboe posted:

Well, I didn't say it was a perfect plan.

But every single rifle off the streets is another incident avoided- and these incidents are very,very expensive when all the costs are included.

It's a bad plan because unless the bounty price is less than the cost to smuggle in or procure guns you're creating a revenue stream for bad dudes. If the bounty is that low no one would take the risk associated with claiming the bounty.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Rambling Robot posted:

Of course they had to be Millennials.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

kikkelivelho posted:

If only France had an army

Yeah its too bad France is full of sissies that dress like mimes.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

Hatebag posted:

It's a bad plan because unless the bounty price is less than the cost to smuggle in or procure guns you're creating a revenue stream for bad dudes. If the bounty is that low no one would take the risk associated with claiming the bounty.

That's a budgeting question and secondary.

The overall cost to the society of these attacks are so high you could make it a cool mill a gun and still be in the black overall.

There's gotta be a way to make this work without making France a gun magnet.

A similar theory:

Someone once computed that it would be far cheaper for 'Murka to buy the entire South American cocaine crop at the source and burn it than to prosecute the War on Drugs.
O'course you know why that's not gonna happen.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 14, 2015

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
gas Islam ban MOhammad

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005
So what happens if one of the western powers genuinely calls Saudi Arabia out

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

zimboe posted:

That's a budgeting question and secondary.

The overall cost to the society of these attacks are so high you could make it a cool mill a gun.

Then the terrorists just claim the bounty themselves and use it to buy more guns. Just makes the situation worse.

Morkies
Apr 19, 2015

by zen death robot

A misanthrope posted:

maybe these "terrorists" were the good guys with guns we been hearing about

what if those paris people were liberal baby aborters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

never trust an elf posted: