Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The bomb making stuff in Revelations was quite fun, it was just completely superfluous and most people never bothered or needed to use it. It'd work well if the series had been more about planning and executing assassinations.

The first person puzzle stuff was a let down though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Broseph Brostar posted:

Fallout 4 also has some minor Diablo-like elements with legendary weapons and armor dropping with special affixes on them, which is a pleasant surprise for me.

Fallout 4 is the def the best Fallout game unless you are one of those fabled "story gamers"

loving casuals ruined Fallout, they can't appreciate the strategic depth of turned-based combat

-right-clicks, targets eyes for 20 hours straight-

-huffs own farts-

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The bomb making stuff in Revelations was quite fun, it was just completely superfluous and most people never bothered or needed to use it. It'd work well if the series had been more about planning and executing assassinations.

The first person puzzle stuff was a let down though.

Agreed on both of these points. Bomb making turned out to be really awesome and could allow for some really awesome strategies.

The Desmond puzzles really were awful though, ugh.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

My then-roommate was puzzled over why I found Revelations so great when I was playing through it. Then he saw me using bombs all the time and confessed that he never bothered with them.

Also the desmond first person poo poo is so very bad, yes.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
wrong thread lol

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 15, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That's not video games....

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
I don't want to talk about that. It's strange and upsetting to me.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
ugh, france, what's your deal

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

So is this a metaphor or......

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

it was suposd to be in the bad comic thread actually

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

but i was drunk

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

precision posted:

ugh, france, what's your deal

france is the japan of europe

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

it was suposd to be in the bad comic thread actually

I'm not even sure it belongs there.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

axleblaze posted:

The reviews for Devil's Third were abysmal. How actually bad was it?

haha good job you Itagaki. Ninja Gaiden 1 was probably a fluke. Everything since then from either him or team ninja has been mediocre to poo poo.

Broseph Brostar posted:

Fallout 4 also has some minor Diablo-like elements with legendary weapons and armor dropping with special affixes on them, which is a pleasant surprise for me.

Fallout 4 is the def the best Fallout game unless you are one of those fabled "story gamers"

nah its mediocre

Sleeveless posted:

loving casuals ruined Fallout, they can't appreciate the strategic depth of turned-based combat

-right-clicks, targets eyes for 20 hours straight-

-huffs own farts-

if you completely ignore the quests or any interactions with factions the previous games had, then sure. fallout 4 is dumbed down as gently caress

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I didn't play 4 but the turn based combat of 1 and 2, as janky as it could get, was definitely more engaging and challenging than 3 and New Vegas.

Trying to act like thinking a Bethesda game is shallow both mechanically and writing-wise is some kind of elitist grognard opinion is pretty stupid. It's ok if you like the big dumb Bethesda games. You don't have to get defensive.

UnquietDream
Jul 20, 2008

How strange that nobody sees the wonder in one another

Mak0rz posted:

My then-roommate was puzzled over why I found Revelations so great when I was playing through it. Then he saw me using bombs all the time and confessed that he never bothered with them.

Also the desmond first person poo poo is so very bad, yes.

My problem with Revelations is that there aren't any for Desmond, Ezio has one, Altair kinda has one but after the cliffhanger of Brotherhood (which is entirely Desmond based) the only revelation he gets is locked in the Desmond first person DLC. It's such a drat disappointment.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Friends, is there a thread for Starcraft 2 now that LOTV is out? I'd like to discuss about it. I had a look around and strangely couldn't find one.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The_Frag_Man posted:

Friends, is there a thread for Starcraft 2 now that LOTV is out? I'd like to discuss about it. I had a look around and strangely couldn't find one.

Try the Blizzard subforum

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Lurdiak posted:

I didn't play 4 but the turn based combat of 1 and 2, as janky as it could get, was definitely more engaging and challenging than 3 and New Vegas.

Trying to act like thinking a Bethesda game is shallow both mechanically and writing-wise is some kind of elitist grognard opinion is pretty stupid. It's ok if you like the big dumb Bethesda games. You don't have to get defensive.

:agreed: despite being turn based, fo1 combat is tense and cool.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ive played a few hours of Fallout 4 and its really lame, and all the reasons people say its good, are lame too.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

corn in the bible posted:

france is the japan of europe

actually... yes

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

precision posted:

actually... yes

they even call it anime there too

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

Ive played a few hours of Fallout 4 and its really lame, and all the reasons people say its good, are lame too.

Don't worry friend. Sometimes you won't enjoy the same things as other people.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
We must consider Fallout 4 to be a great game regardless of our own internal feelings on it; for a subject which so keenly ignites the desire to discuss it cannot, by definition, be unremarkable. Whether it is a great failure or a great triumph is irrelevant; the fact remains that it is great.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

bethesda should just make engines and maps and then have obsidian come over and add actual atmosphere and writing

blizzard too while we're at it

e: i am only to right after you get your power armor in fo4 and its p cool but not mindblowing, hope it stays that way or mods save it after 6mo

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

pandaK posted:

Okay, but how diverse is FO4's exploration? I've sunk like 1500+ hours into Skyrim and FO3-NV, and I've never gotten to the ending on any of them since I enjoy just running around finding cool places way more. Is FO4 at least cool in that aspect?

I would say that's like the one thing FO4 nails so yeah, go nuts.

I am kinda finding that I pay less attention to the world because the game encourages you to constantly stare just above your reticle looking for caps/ammo/junk to pick up as you sweep across overturned furniture and bodies. Which is basically always true in Bethesda games, but now the Junk part actually matters.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Brosnan posted:

I would say that's like the one thing FO4 nails so yeah, go nuts.

I am kinda finding that I pay less attention to the world because the game encourages you to constantly stare just above your reticle looking for caps/ammo/junk to pick up as you sweep across overturned furniture and bodies. Which is basically always true in Bethesda games, but now the Junk part actually matters.

Junk always mattered if you used mods, speaking of, how goes the front on that with FO4? I see they haven't implemented the paid mods yet, but has the looming promise of it coming back deterred people from really working on it?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

my ideal fallout session is spending 2 hours accumulating mods and then playing it for 20 minutes before turning it off.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
If Obsidian releases a paid mod that makes it more like a Fallout game then I'm down :smug:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jon Do posted:

bethesda should just make engines and maps and then have obsidian come over and add actual atmosphere and writing

Got to say, it's quite funny seeing Bethesda praised for their engine creation skills

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Jon Do posted:

Or we could just give all the money that would take to Obsidian and let them create something from the ground up.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

We could also not let Bethesda make any games ever, because they are bad at pretty much everything.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Lurdiak posted:

Who is getting defensive?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlV713ljH6A

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am really enjoying fallout4 and am very happy the game exists. I hope those people who dislike the game have found a different game that they like to play as much as I do.

I hope we are all enjoying our hobby!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

VideoGames posted:

I am really enjoying fallout4 and am very happy the game exists. I hope those people who dislike the game have found a different game that they like to play as much as I do.

I hope we are all enjoying our hobby!

Same

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
bongo bongo bongo I don't wanna leave the Congo oh no no no no

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Jon Do posted:

bethesda should just make engines

:lol:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jon Do posted:

blizzard too while we're at it

e: i am only to right after you get your power armor in fo4 and its p cool but not mindblowing, hope it stays that way or mods save it after 6mo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I really wanna check out FO4 sometime but I think I'm gonna wait until it goes a bit cheaper in price. I'm busy with a few other games right now so I should be fine not playing for a bit.

I kinda want to check out the old Interplay Fallout games sometime too, if I ever get some free time. My steam backlog is so long though, that I should probably give some attention to most of those first... there have been a lot of nice indie titles releasing recently too.

VideoGames posted:

Don't worry friend. Sometimes you won't enjoy the same things as other people.

VideoGames, I like you and how nice you are to other people while talking about video games. You're a cool guy and keep it up. :3:

• Locked thread