Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feller
Jul 5, 2006

I am Toni Lippi posted:

Is there a funny one of these comics or something? Was it good and then it got bad, or what?

bobby tables is the only decent one i saw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

Why do people act like Pick Up Artists are some kind of unfair cheat code that's unfair to the women? That poo poo works on like 1 out of 500 women and ANY shtick might work on those odds.

Besides anymore people just jump on an app for that pretty much. Sure they're creeps but the way society thinks they're good at much besides getting a drink in their face is kind of hilarious. They're worse at manipulation to get laid than the average guy to be honest.

are you fuckin serious m8

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
dudes got lego hair in real life

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

why id the guy rolling a bowling ball in the bathroom?

he a funny guy see: hat

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Kate Beaton is good and a guy I know is or was dating her, he didn't use any PUA cheat codes either.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Baronjutter posted:

Kate Beaton is good and a guy I know is or was dating her, he didn't use any PUA cheat codes either.

Is that the lady with the big bazooms on the ad for App of War or whatever it is now?

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Baronjutter posted:

does she ask to call him tesla when they do it?

LOL TESLA I loving LOVE SCIENCE LOLOIFNOBUYVUYVUVUHGHGGJJHF

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Horniest Manticore posted:

Kate Beaton isn't a science nerd you ignorant philistine

she's a history nerd

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Kate Beaton isn't a science nerd you ignorant philistine

she's a history nerd

so is hey gal

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Uncle Wemus posted:

Xkcd guy lecturing anyone, even a strawman, about mediocrity

Whenever someone says something mean about shanley or adria, munroe is always the first on the twitter outrage scene like clockwork

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Serak posted:

Everything that is popular on the internet either ends and is remembered well or continues and becomes uncool to like.

Jerkcity remains legit in my heart.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

that's a better math joke than any the xkcd guy ever wrote

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Horniest Manticore posted:

if it wasnt for the moustache Tesla wouldve been smoking hot. He had very pretty eyes and was good at math

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
You arrogant fanboys are so jealous of xkcd's success, it's almost sad. You hate that xkcd is popular while your worthless efforts in writing and art have failed, so now you're all reduced to hating on Munroe's every move. Why is that exactly? Did Munroe ignore you at a convention or something?

Oh, and I love how you present your OPINION on ART as if it were FACT. Art is inherently subjective, you'd know that if you had an education. Remember, xkcd is widely regarded as being the greatest webcomic of all time, and a few unconstructively critical blogposts on some worthless corner of the Internet isn't going to change that.

Furthermore, how dare you even criticize something you obviously have no understanding of? Do you really expect us to take your slanted viewpoint seriously? What credentials do you offer, exactly? Where are YOUR webcomics, huh? Yeah, that's what I thought. You're just another uncreative loser trying to get the attention of a true luminary, probably in hopes of validation. How sad your lives must be.

Finally, nobody is forcing you to read xkcd, so why do you bother criticizing it? You people really need to lighten up and quit being so angry all the time. Perhaps if you took a few courses in computer science, mathematics or physics, you might live long enough to enjoy xkcd.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Beef Turret posted:

You arrogant fanboys are so jealous of xkcd's success, it's almost sad. You hate that xkcd is popular while your worthless efforts in writing and art have failed, so now you're all reduced to hating on Munroe's every move. Why is that exactly? Did Munroe ignore you at a convention or something?

Oh, and I love how you present your OPINION on ART as if it were FACT. Art is inherently subjective, you'd know that if you had an education. Remember, xkcd is widely regarded as being the greatest webcomic of all time, and a few unconstructively critical blogposts on some worthless corner of the Internet isn't going to change that.

Furthermore, how dare you even criticize something you obviously have no understanding of? Do you really expect us to take your slanted viewpoint seriously? What credentials do you offer, exactly? Where are YOUR webcomics, huh? Yeah, that's what I thought. You're just another uncreative loser trying to get the attention of a true luminary, probably in hopes of validation. How sad your lives must be.

Finally, nobody is forcing you to read xkcd, so why do you bother criticizing it? You people really need to lighten up and quit being so angry all the time. Perhaps if you took a few courses in computer science, mathematics or physics, you might live long enough to enjoy xkcd.

source your quotes

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Ronwayne posted:

Jerkcity remains legit in my heart.
it is, i wouldn't describe it as popular though

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Beef Turret posted:

Please source your quote.

I refuse to believe this is what made your self-hate for goons finally boil over and I'd like to read more from whoever this was.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Please source your quote.

I refuse to believe this is what made your self-hate for goons finally boil over and I'd like to read more from whoever this was.

Wrote every word.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Behead those who insult Kate Beaton

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

i liked when you defended Soylent and encouraged the proliferation of lutefisk

Funk In Shoe
Apr 20, 2008

Waiting in line, Mr. Haydon told me it is a wheel not meant for lovers but for infants, lifting people and letting them swing, putting the world on display from up high

Randall Munroe is a pretty smart person. He seems more self-aware than most people I meet and he is obviously quite a well trained engineer. He has my respect.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
xkcd? how do u pronounce that

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

whoflungpoop posted:

if it wasnt for the moustache Tesla wouldve been smoking hot. He had very pretty eyes and was good at math

Wouldn't someone have to cut off all their hair and dress in a pigeon costume to attract tesla.

Speaking of ocd on a possibly autistic scale, has Monroe done anything awful lately or is he past his greatest hits.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

serious norman posted:

xkcd? how do u pronounce that

Very carefully

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Electric Retard is the best web comic. Morning Glory comes close after.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

yoloer420 posted:

Electric Retard is the best web comic. Morning Glory comes close after.

wtf

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dely Apple posted:

Behead those who insult Kate Beaton

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

je1 healthcare posted:

Tbh those types of books do exist. For autists.

They were very helpful.

Please link these books. Asking for a friend

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Berious posted:

Please link these books. Asking for a friend

http://www.amazon.com/The-Unwritten-Rules-Social-Relationships/dp/193256506X

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?
Never heard of xkcd, but that strawman comic was about as funny as the xojane webcomic essays I've seen posted on SA.

so this guy is famous for unfunny stickmen drawings? i weep for this dead gay earth

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

kate beaton good

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Heath posted:

is it that men think about a rational evolution of a relationship built out of intimacy and trust and women are irrational bitches that will date whoever happens to come along at the right time in their menstrual cycle? is he saying a man is a piece of poo poo for trying to get to know a woman before attempting to elevate the level of intimacy he shares with her? who is he even criticizing here

i can't believe how confused you are by a very simple comic

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Beef Turret posted:

Wrote every word.

no you didn't

scooby doo detective skills win again

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

symbolic posted:

ahahaha you're reading xkcd in tyool 2015 ahahahahahhah gently caress

congratulations on knowing enough about web comics to make this post.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

*lightly caresses the corner of my framed webcomics phd before hitting reply all*

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

So what's this Megan chick look like that he's been pining after her for years via stick figures and non-jokes?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

When a friend told me xkcd was his favourite comic I told him I wasn't a big fan because the comic was uninteresting to look at and the author came off as creepy and MRA-ish. He got really defensive and said that the character in the comic isn't a self-insert and when an xkcd character is being creepy or bitter towards women it's just the character in the comic not the author, the author is good and normal and is married or something so he couldn't possibly be bitter and regretful about "Megan", a character he invented. I guess he had heard that before because he had this whole practiced speech about how the xkcd author isn't an autistic Nice Guy nerd and anyone who doesn't get that those comics were supposed to be making fun of mra's and making fun of bitter women hating nerds needs to learn to read better.

Also you probably just don't get all the really good math and programming jokes.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

various cheeses posted:

So what's this Megan chick look like that he's been pining after her for years via stick figures and non-jokes?

whats that girl who created all that debacle about video game journalism a while back

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ahundredbux posted:

whats that girl who created all that debacle about video game journalism a while back

Ms. Pac-Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
any comic that is over 10% words isn't worth looking at

• Locked thread