Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Is it me or was there more posting in the offseason/preseason then there is now?

Makes a man sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

Chromatic posted:

Is it me or was there more posting in the offseason/preseason then there is now?

Makes a man sad.

many teams are just bad so despair is setting in

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chromatic posted:

Makes a man sad.

You know what makes me sad? The product on the field

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Metapod posted:

You know what makes me sad? The product on the field

At least you guys have what looks to be the first legitimate franchise QB since McNair.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
A lot of people just fizzle out with the grind of the regular season/their terrible teams/being LWB & AAC and having to run and hide.

Edit: as an aside I'm really upset with you Mel Mudkiper that you ignored my blatant trolling of you in the Paris attacks thread :colbert:

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Spoeank posted:

being LWB & AAC and having to run and hide.

what?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Spoeank posted:

A lot of people just fizzle out with the grind of the regular season/their terrible teams/being LWB & AAC and having to run and hide.

Edit: as an aside I'm really upset with you Mel Mudkiper that you ignored my blatant trolling of you in the Paris attacks thread :colbert:

Having never cared about football before 2011 they lacked the intestinal fortitude and grit to endure being fans of a poo poo franchise

it's that same experience with despair and wallowing through the oceans of poo poo that makes someone a good poster

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
I dont think Big Ole Marsh Pussy has recovered yet. :(

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Lord Waffle Beard and African Aids Cum, two noted frauds who homer trolled for the Seahawks and got everyone riled up. And they both vanished the instant it was clear the Seahawks are not as good anymore.

Also yeah, the early season always has a lot of posters, and the playoffs will bring them back, but right now we're back down to the regs. The true heroes who hate themselves like men.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 19, 2015

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

uh oh pancho! posted:

The Bears are way better than they have any right to be, Jay is playing out of his loving mind, and Packer fans are one loss away from a hilarious meltdown. Good NFL, I say.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

R.D. Mangles posted:

The Bears are way better than they have any right to be, Jay is playing out of his loving mind, and Packer fans are one loss away from a hilarious meltdown. Good NFL, I say.

Uhh we already had a hilarious meltdown, thanks you very much.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Weird seeing so many new Viking posters.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

three posted:

I dont think Big Ole Marsh Pussy has recovered yet. :(

recover from what, being 8-1?

uh oh pancho! posted:

tff has an absurdly broad definition of "bad" but it's legitimately disappointing that the ravens posters have disappeared.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Febreeze posted:

Lord Waffle Beard and African Aids Cum, two noted frauds who homer trolled for the Seahawks and got everyone riled up. And they both vanished the instant it was clear the Seahawks are not as good anymore.

If his toxx is enforced, waffle beard is getting perma'd because of the seahawks sucking.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

pfffffffffft posted:

This week, we are all Vikings.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Uhh we already had a hilarious meltdown, thanks you very much.

Pron did Paris

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

MrLogan posted:

Is anyone really surprised by that? They play the three worst divisions in football this year: the NFC East, the AFC South, and the AFC East. The best teams they play the entire year is a slightly above average Denver team followed by the Jets. The Jets are literally the 2nd best team they play all year.
Saying they have a better chance of going undefeated than any other team has of winning the Superbowl is surprising, because its a retarded thing to believe.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Phillip Rivers might actually be my favorite quarterback currently playing no real reason to say that just kinda realized it

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

pron should come back. the other chiefs posters have kinda laid back a little bit and we need more discussion.

anyway, top 10 free agent busts for 2015...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000582475/article/dwayne-bowe-leads-list-of-top-10-freeagent-flops?campaign=fb-nf-sf15448453-sf15448453

worth it for this comment

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Phillip Rivers might actually be my favorite quarterback currently playing no real reason to say that just kinda realized it

same, friend

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Alex Smith has not sucked that hard for like three whole games now, so I'm actually willing to say I like him again. And now he's going to catch up to the league average and throw three picks against the Raiders and then I'll hate him once more.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Chromatic posted:

pron should come back. the other chiefs posters have kinda laid back a little bit and we need more discussion.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000582475/article/dwayne-bowe-leads-list-of-top-10-freeagent-flops?campaign=fb-nf-sf15448453-sf15448453

fred catchpole

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chromatic posted:

49ers showing up on a top-ten list :snoop:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

pfffffffffft posted:

I think my grossly outdated avatar proves my long-term commitment :colbert:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mel Mudkiper posted:

tyrod is the best qb the bills have had since flutie so hes my fave at the moment

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

pfffffffffft posted:

don't worry, this week we're gonna see Teddy Bridgewater hit by a light rail train and have one of his legs amputated after he slips on some ice on Hennipen Ave. and we will lose and everyone will go back to not caring about the Vikings like usual.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Saying they have a better chance of going undefeated than any other team has of winning the Superbowl is surprising, because its a retarded thing to believe.

Carolina is 17%, everyone else besides the patriots is 10% or below.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

i mean the refs hosed up though

Pats fans get so salty about that because Luke grabbed Gronk on the last play. Never mind that the Patriots literally run pick plays all loving day that never get called and a series earlier had their offensive lineman leg whipping the Panthers defensive line (so much so that Johnson actually got injured). gently caress the patriots bunch of cry babies when their cheating doesn't get them the win.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Jared Allen owns a whole lot still. I think my avatar proves my commitment to beating women (also being poor).

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i'd 100% rather see carolina go undefeated than the patriots

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

pfffffffffft posted:

Ya there's a bunch of new ones (myself included) but that's okay. Good team, will crush the packers by 30 this week

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Febreeze posted:

The true heroes who hate themselves like men.

I will hate myself until the bitter end

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm actually posting more now than I was in the offseason, weird especially since by now it's established that Detroit is a garbage team. I'm actually kind of enjoying it in its own weird way.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Vikings can eat poo poo.

Packers will win by at least 10 points.

At the start of the season I was so close to buying tickets to the cardinals bengals game, but flaked out. drat.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

evilweasel posted:

update from 538: patriots chances of going undefeated in the regular season are now at about 18.5%

for reference is is more likely the patriots go undefeated than any specific non-patriots team wins the super bowl

Going to place my $25,000 bet now. What could possibly go wrong?

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
Even if you don't count the team in 1st place, the AFC East is tied with the NFCS as the winningest division in the NFL.
We are the best team in the league in the best division in the league, haters get at me

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Thaddius the Large posted:

:hf:

I will admit to trying to change it earlier in the season to a Zim based avatar, but I'm not clever enough to actually think of something.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

The Patriots will lose at least one game

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekV6wTdJ0fc

Skip to 3 minutes.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
omg, look at the net points for every division

NFC
West: 23
South: 13
North: -51
East: -4

AFC
West: 13
South: -149 lolololololololololololololololololol
North: 11
East Without the Patriots: 23
East With the Patriots: 157

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

AFC South just knows it can get to the Super Bowl with little to no effort.

• Locked thread