Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Ships on release day instead of arriving on release day, and no option for in-store pickup instead? That sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Ships on release day instead of arriving on release day, and no option for in-store pickup instead? That sucks.

Yeah, I was hoping I misunderstood that and that it'd be arriving release day. Amazon has spoiled me, and it's annoying to pay for 5 day shipping.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im going to be shipping for way more than 5 days :greencube:

gandhichan
Dec 25, 2009

There's a new terror of the skies, bitches.
AND HER HAIR IS PINK.
They should have bundled the game with a New 3ds with a cool dragon pattern, because I need to upgrade, but also want a console that announces exactly the type of nerd I am, when I invite ladies into my lair.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

im not getting the special edition i am going digital. hopefully there will be a preorder themeeeeeeeeeeee

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Endorph posted:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Endorph posted:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

gandhichan posted:

They should have bundled the game with a New 3ds with a cool dragon pattern, because I need to upgrade, but also want a console that announces exactly the type of nerd I am, when I invite ladies into my lair.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Hell, why not

Endorph posted:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Endorph posted:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Endorph posted:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

gandhichan posted:

Yeah, Nintendo has really dropped the ball with N3DS special editions. Don't they realize releasing shiny new limited editions of their shiny new console makes people pull the trigger and upgrade?

It would have for me.

Then I bought the thing anyway before Xenoblade came out and got a Monado decal for it.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I guess the idea of the faceplates is that you can make them look purty without getting a new console but for that to work they need to actually release goddamn faceplates that aren't (as far as I've seen anywhere) just generic flower patterns and poo poo.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Endorph posted:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
They're not releasing a bundle in the US?

There was one for Japan, I thought for sure there would be one here.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Endorph posted:

loving hell

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So here's the new items we just finished inserting into the game

Now first things first are the magic expansion spells, these are the same ones that Awful Emblem included and bring magic up to being real fleshed out weapons like the melee ones.

Secondly we have two branches added to the archery tree, Crossbows (Usable by Warriors and Archers) and Longbows (Usable by Archers) Crossbows are 1-2 weapons with low Mt, the natural strength of the Sniper/Warrior provides the better part of the damage with each shot. While low powered, they do provide counter attack options, and the Crossbow and Heavy Crossbow are just stock standard improvements. On the other hand, the Repeating Crossbow is a brave weapon, while it has a low Mt (3) it's set up in such a way to be able to pour on the fire power. It also has, for now, more shots in 60 uses. The Arbalest is the S-Rank Crossbow, now it's a class of S-Rank weapons which you can find rarely, or if you complete multiple requirements throughout the game, you can unlock a shopkeeper who will sell them in the base. The Longbows are the opposite spectrum, weaker than the normal bows, but not as much as the Crossbows, but their range is 2-4. The Longbows aren't rare weaponry, being sold from shops like other regular weapons, and come in Iron to Silver grade for increased power. This greatly aids the archers usability and this replaces the planned feature of always 2-3 archers. The S-Rank Longbow is the Compound Longbow, it doesn't feature a special effect it's just long range and powerful. I may change its range to be 2-5 for the sake of making it more than just Longbow + though. We'll see how testing is.

These trees provide more depth to the Archers, though nomads will find these new toys excluded from their arsenal, their horses and eventual swords will be their only comfort.

We're also introducing the 'Wind' Swords to the game, rounding out the lowered-in-power hand axe and Javelin series of weapons. The Swords just give sword users the same ranged options as the other melee classes.

Finally, we have the Devil Sword and Devil Lance. I don't think I should be required to explain what those do, and they are mostly there for the comedy.

That's all the updates we have for today, all of these weapons along with many Prf weapons have been inserted into the game. There's an idea to add a Great Lance and Great Axe series of weapons but it's still unsure. If you have any suggestions or opinions let me know, or post about in the FEU topic here.

http://feuniverse.us/t/fire-emblem-maiden-of-darkness-count-down-to-the-demos-release/1317/8

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Vengarr posted:

someone posted a link to the bundle earlier

it's $80

unless you mean something besides the three versions of fates packaged together?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'm guessing he means a console bundle

gandhichan
Dec 25, 2009

AND HER HAIR IS PINK.

Vengarr posted:

IIRC it was the same deal over there, but they also got a cover plate in addition to the cartridge n book and stuff. It wasn't like the Awakening bundle with the game preloaded on a special edition console.

Also the faceplate Japan got isn't really my style. There should be a middle ground between generic patterns and the entire moe army.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

The plate for Awakening was pretty tasteful.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

It was ~270 hours last time, let's see what the gently caress happens this time

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I was going to make more shipping jokes but endorphs post is too good so just imagine I quoted it again

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Endorph posted:

i h8 u

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

gandhichan posted:

IIRC it was the same deal over there, but they also got a cover plate in addition to the cartridge n book and stuff. It wasn't like the Awakening bundle with the game preloaded on a special edition console.

Also the faceplate Japan got isn't really my style. There should be a middle ground between generic patterns and the entire moe army.

No, they got a New 3DS bundle with game and console. Only a Birthright version though.

http://nintendoeverything.com/a-look-at-the-fire-emblem-if-new-3ds-bundle/

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
The Japanese have spoken in regards to Warriors (Musou) collaborations they want to see from Tecmo Koei next. Fire Emblem scored third place when it came to game series.

Nintendo gave no comments on it.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Folt The Bolt posted:

The Japanese have spoken in regards to Warriors (Musou) collaborations they want to see from Tecmo Koei next. Fire Emblem scored third place when it came to game series.

This is the one warriors game I really want.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The hell is Touken Ranbu

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Touken Ranbu (刀剣乱舞 Tōken Ranbu?, lit. "Wild Swords Dance") is a free-to-play collectible card browser video game developed by Nitroplus and DMM Games, available only in Japan since 2015.[1]

Players assume the role of a sage (審神者 saniwa?) who travels into the past to defeat evil forces, and has the ability to animate legendary swords, which are depicted as attractive young men. Touken Ranbu is mostly a gender-swapped clone of the game Kantai Collection, also by DMM, which anthropomorphizes historical warships as young girls. Combat is largely automated, with progress mainly dependent on resource management and grinding.

Touken Ranbu quickly became very popular in Japan, particularly with young women, and had over a million registered players as of June 2015. The game has been credited with accelerating the Japanese cultural trend of "katana women" (カタナ女子 katana joshi?) – women who are interested in, and who pose with, historical Japanese swords. That trend had been started a few years previously with the Sengoku Basara video games, which made katana fans a distinct part of the Japanese subculture of female history aficionados (reki-jo).[1] The popularity of Touken Ranbu was such that a Japanese women's interest magazine published an article about exercise routines based on swordfighting techniques from the game,[2] and the 2015 Tokyo Wonder Festival's figure exhibition was reportedly "completely dominated by hot male swordsmen".[3]

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Junpei Hyde posted:

This is the one warriors game I really want.

You and me both. :hfive:

Terper posted:

Touken Ranbu words

I now want a collaboration between TK and this to happen so bad! :allears:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they should do a Ring Dream musou

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

The hell is Touken Ranbu

gandhichan
Dec 25, 2009

AND HER HAIR IS PINK.

Vengarr posted:

No, they got a New 3DS bundle with game and console. Only a Birthright version though.

http://nintendoeverything.com/a-look-at-the-fire-emblem-if-new-3ds-bundle/

Yeah, a buddy who had hers imported set me straight.

The point still stands,... they were foolish to not release a game to fit my exacting specifications.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The plate for Awakening was pretty tasteful.

Did someone say tasteful?

Not going to lie, Lucina literally turning into a waifu and sniping the enemy to death is probably the single-most Awakening thing they could have done.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Did someone say tasteful?

Not going to lie, Lucina literally turning into a waifu and sniping the enemy to death is probably the single-most Awakening thing they could have done.
My only nitpick is that Chrom doesn't transform into a Dread Fighter to complement his daughter.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Roy, God drat it. Every loving time. God drat it Roy, seriously?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Onmi posted:

Roy, God drat it. Every loving time. God drat it Roy, seriously?

I suppose making him undying is one way to get a usable Roy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?

Folt The Bolt posted:

I'm much more interested in the number 1 anime request.