Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Luvcow posted:

I think GBS would be better if people didn't immediately hate and then Internet stalk the mods, I'm not aware of another forum that has such a hostile track record with mods

To be fair a lot of that is the stranger, angrier, "cousins"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Lowtax posted:

reddit is a big ol steamin heap

Hey Lowtax I sent a pm to gnarly but maybe you can help me with it: it's about my Platinum icon.

As you know, lightning bolts are really cool, awesome, and bad rear end, way more than a grenade.

What would I have to do/ how low would I have to stoop to get a lightning bolt icon?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Professor Shark posted:

Hey Lowtax I sent a pm to gnarly but maybe you can help me with it: it's about my Platinum icon.

As you know, lightning bolts are really cool, awesome, and bad rear end, way more than a grenade.

What would I have to do/ how low would I have to stoop to get a lightning bolt icon?
How much cash do you have in your checking account

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

A hilariously low amount for an adult male, but my fridge always has beer in it (and salad dressing)

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i was banned from r/bigfootdetectives for asking too many hard questions...fucken bs. i much prefer it here in gbs where i can be an atheist about bigfoot

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Lets have nethack gbs where its nethack an d you have to read posts by eXamining the floor where someone has engraved it with a gem.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lowtax posted:

I know this may be a terrible and unpopular opinion, particularly amongst the whiny minority, but I still enjoy GBS and think it's entertaining.

That's all! Please keep up the good work!

nice reg date, nerd

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
tbh it might be better to enjoy GBS "every now and again" as artistole says "too much of anything is a good thing"

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
If a post gets gassed the players avatar dies and other posters have a chamce to find the grave with the posters wands and artefacts... but there could also be an angry ghost...

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

symbolic posted:

yahtzee is a pretentious snob, so this is not a good idea

Gabe brings him down to size

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Lowtax posted:

reddit is a big ol steamin heap

I disagree and here's why:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

gbs is good when mods don't try to be social engineers "concerned about our collective mental health" because people find a thing funny

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

GBS would be more enjoyable if moderators weren't taking things out on my posting buds and if QCS wasn't gnashing its teeth and constantly moaning for the return of bans for incorrect grammar, punctuation, and thoughtcrime

i am curious what these ppl think they would do and post about in gbs if they "tok it back"

the same thing they post about in their subforum, but here?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

nomadologique posted:

i am curious what these ppl think they would do and post about in gbs if they "tok it back"

They would lurk just like the did before.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
sometimes the language used here is a bit problematic/agressive but i think the discussions about bigfoot are overall pretty civil. im just glad im not geting shouted down all the time like iused to be.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

nomadologique posted:

I think they just want to watch people be miserable and constantly punished. :shrug: I believe the word is schadenfreude

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Isaac posted:

If a post gets gassed the players avatar dies and other posters have a chamce to find the grave with the posters wands and artefacts... but there could also be an angry ghost...

don't angry ghosts eat poo poo i guess gbs would be full of them

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Orkin Mang posted:

sometimes the language used here is a bit problematic/agressive but i think the discussions about bigfoot are overall pretty civil. im just glad im not geting shouted down all the time like iused to be.

bigfoot does hav ea loud voice

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Orkin Mang posted:

sometimes the language used here is a bit problematic/agressive but i think the discussions about bigfoot are overall pretty civil. im just glad im not geting shouted down all the time like iused to bbe.

Post fixed.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Co-host beer reviews with Shia LaBeouf. He doesn't have to reveal his username, I understand that he wants to keep his byob anonymity.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
everybody in missouri knows nelly right

do some nsfw hentai game playthroughs with nelly

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Professor Shark posted:

A hilariously low amount for an adult male, but my fridge always has beer in it (and salad dressing)

Its not asking much after that cool bird picture you made I think.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I like GBS a lot. When it comes to forums, I spend about 95% of my forum time at SA, and 95% of that is spent in GBS. I've enjoyed my time here, and I hope I get to spend many more years here, until such time as it is absorbed into the OASIS.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
If enfield was an alluptuous babe goonette who confided that she tried to off herself with pills but is better now & is smokin hot, all of gbs would be all "awww poor baby."
Anyone who would switch her av to her face (tinted blue) with "SUICIDE LOL!!" redtext would be seen as a miserable snivvely piece of poo poo.

enfield is beautiful for sharing his colossal fuckup yet being rather a chill sweet dude.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Lowtax posted:

I know this may be a terrible and unpopular opinion, particularly amongst the whiny minority, but I still enjoy GBS and think it's entertaining.

That's all! Please keep up the good work!

Minus all the whiny bitch assholes crying at me about it, I would say yes, I agree. It's certainly better than it was in years past, no matter what the food hat crowd says.

Champenema posted:

If enfield was an alluptuous babe goonette

Also, "alluptuous" is not a word.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

gnarlyhotep posted:

Also, "alluptuous" is not a word.
neither is "gnarlyhotep"

:smug:

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
it'll always be the roudy trowt to me

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Orkin Mang posted:

gently caress you you dumb idiot big foot is real why would you think he wasnt real???

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jukeboxblues posted:

gently caress you you dumb idiot big foot is real why would you think he wasnt real???

this is exactly the sort of toxic nastiness that made me leave r/saskwatch

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Orkin Mang posted:

this is exactly the sort of toxic nastiness that made me leave r/saskwatch

its not toxic nastiness its called TELLING IT LIKE IT IS. please upvote, like, subscribe, share and give reddit gold thanks everyone. :)

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Bigfoot is the ghost of cavemen you loving pricks; this was clearly established in the past few months. Get a brain morans.

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

Lowtax when is the next goonmeet

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
bigfoot was a n00b

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

symbolic posted:

neither is "gnarlyhotep"

:smug:

Actually gnarlyhotep means "Boy howdy where's the cornbread" in Navajo

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Kuato posted:

Bigfoot is the ghost of cavemen you loving pricks; this was clearly established in the past few months. Get a brain morans.

Its spelled bigefoot you loving moran hahaha what a giant dumb idiot baby you are

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

gnarlyhotep posted:

Actually gnarlyhotep means "Boy howdy where's the cornbread" in Navajo
i'm not a Windtalker, sorry

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

I'm an Imbecile

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

i wear my gbs apparel with pride

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

symbolic posted:

i'm not a Windtalker, sorry

That's cool, there aren't many around anymore. In fact I once offended a Blackfoot tribe because my name translates to the entire lyrics of Love Street by the Doors in their language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
can some one please post the gif of the mspainted fragmaster dancing in his green game spy shirt

i miss it

• Locked thread