Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will leave Survivor's Series as WWE Champion?
This poll is closed.
Roman Reigns 46 20.54%
Dean Ambrose 15 6.70%
Kevin Owens 19 8.48%
Sheamus 50 22.32%
The Gobbledygooker :tastykake: 94 41.96%
Total: 224 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hey WWE, people will not cheer Roman because they feel he is being pushed over other people they like more. Use that and turn him heel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
The MNF game is really good which piled on top of Sheamus as champ could be pretty bad.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Does Sheamus sell a lot of merch to warrant being champ, or are they just throwing poo poo at the wall and hoping it sticks since Trips loves Sheamus?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

triplexpac posted:

I know people hate ratings talk, but I'm very curious what the rating for tonight's Raw will be. It's a post-PPV show with a new champ, so interest SHOULD be up... except it's Sheamus, so who knows

Edit: Some crowds loved Luger, they went crazy for him in WCW for a time. Reigns has never had that kind of reaction.

The South loves Lex Luger

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Orgophlax posted:

Does Sheamus sell a lot of merch to warrant being champ, or are they just throwing poo poo at the wall and hoping it sticks since Trips loves Sheamus?

If you give Roman the belt who do you feud him with through the winter until Mania season? Sheamus steals Roman's moment, partners with Trips, gives roman a feud for these boring winter months.

You guys are really overthinking this.

Also stop watching the events by yourself and start watching with friends. Set up a skype call or something even where you can all react and have a good time or something.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Yesterday was the first show since Battleground 2014 that neither Bella competed on, as a trivia fact.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
I'm guessing Sheamus is like the Big Show in that he's well-liked within the company, has been around for a long time, is a dependable hand in the ring and is willing to do pretty much anything the company throws at him

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Luigi Thirty posted:

"They're booking him like Daniel Bryan." -Big Dave Meltzer

it was a carbon copy of SummerSlam 2013, with the big first title win and confetti and Triple H ruining everything afterwards

although they let Roman kick out of a finisher and Bryan didn't do that

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Xenoletum posted:

If you give Roman the belt who do you feud him with through the winter until Mania season? Sheamus steals Roman's moment, partners with Trips, gives roman a feud for these boring winter months.

Also stop watching the events by yourself and start watching with friends. Set up a skype call or something even where you can all react and have a good time or something.

They could've done that by having Dean or Reigns turn on the other, and it would've been a lot more interesting to watch. Sheamus being champ makes the winter months boring.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
Do the networks get any say in how a show is being run? Like, say a USA exec is aware of the WWE and how it's run, and how things could be better but the people running the show are clearly driving it into the ground. Do they have any power there?

I have no idea how networks work, obviously, but it's something I'm curious about. They obviously like having Raw on their network, so would they just sit back and watch the ratings decline when they know it could be better, or would they be able to step in?

Also, the only thing I'm thankful for from last night is that Roman and Dean are still bros. It's refreshing to see two characters not in a regular tag team actually have each others backs and be "friends".

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So would Cesaro have been in the preshow if he wasn't hurt

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Is Sheamus going to give his loyal pal and partner Wade Barrett a title opportunity?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

So would Cesaro have been in the preshow if he wasn't hurt

He would've been in Titus' spot probably.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
To say something positive about Survivor Series, Wade Barret was cracking me up. He looked like he was so happy to play a goof ball.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

"They're booking him like Daniel Bryan." -Big Dave Meltzer

https://streamable.com/t997?t=12.2

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

What's the official length of reigns first championship reign

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Did they ever bring up Reigns playing on the GA Tech football team at all last night? Usually "former college athlete comes home to headline an event" warrants at least a mention

And with Sheamus... drat. They have to do something with his look, right? You Look Stupid got a reaction for him, but after years of Authority storylines talking about looking the part of a champion, you cant turn around and have him as The Face Of The WWE, right?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

it doesn't matter because Sheamus is just a beltpillow. He's not going to be the face of the company.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

beggar posted:

Did they ever bring up Reigns playing on the GA Tech football team at all last night? Usually "former college athlete comes home to headline an event" warrants at least a mention

And with Sheamus... drat. They have to do something with his look, right? You Look Stupid got a reaction for him, but after years of Authority storylines talking about looking the part of a champion, you cant turn around and have him as The Face Of The WWE, right?

If he holds it past TLC it's surprising, and even then he's probably losing it right at the Rumble. Transitional champs aren't faces of the company

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Efexeye posted:

it doesn't matter because Sheamus is just a beltpillow.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Efexeye posted:

Worst PPV: Battleground 2013, Capitol Punishment 2011, or last night? I can't remember having been so actively bored during a show, ever

I didn't see Capitol Punishment but SS wasn't even in the same league of terrible as Battleground

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Xenoletum posted:

I watch it with multiple people and they all complain worse than any of PSP its loving miserable

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

My mom is really into the Undertaker and doesn't care about anyone else

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Chris James 2 posted:

If he holds it past TLC it's surprising, and even then he's probably losing it right at the Rumble. Transitional champs aren't faces of the company

Well yeah but he doesn't know that. In theory. If they gave even the slightest gently caress about storytelling.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Luigi Thirty posted:

My mom is really into the Undertaker and doesn't care about anyone else

Me too which is why the last couple years been a real big bummer. Everything since his match with Punk has been god-awful. If he doesn't have any more decent matches in him he really should just go out to pasture.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Don't worry guys, everything will be solved this Tuesday...in Texas.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Food Court Druid posted:

But they've done absolutely nothing over the past couple months to make him look like a threat to main eventers,
Honestly you can say this about a poo poo load of MITB cash ins unfortunately.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's the first time WWE's done "You don't want X, you want Sheamus!" and I've not been entirely against them.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
SS last year was also pretty much garbage until the final match which turned out amazing and pretty much saved it along with the Sting debut.

This show just didn't have that so ended up really feeling like RAW.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Who are current main eventers right now anyway?
I have:

Current:
Sheamus (lol)
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose(?)
Bray Wyatt(?????)

Part time:
Brock Lesnar
Undertaker

Out/Injured:
John Cena
Randy Orton
Daniel Bryan(RIP)
Seth Rollins

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
It's entirely thrilling to realise that all those people that I wanted to get over in the past who were deliberately hobbled by poo poo-poor booking might actually have some support backstage, because "We hate this guy and we want crowds to stop cheering him right loving now" booking and "We love this guy, he's going to be the face of our company" booking are the exact same thing.

Maybe they actually liked Bryan and Cesaro and Owens all along!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So do we get Dean/Owens or Dean/Bray at TLC and the Rumble

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Hace posted:

Who are current main eventers right now anyway?
I have:

Current:
Sheamus (lol)
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose(?)
Bray Wyatt(?????)

Part time:
Brock Lesnar
Undertaker

Out/Injured:
John Cena
Randy Orton
Daniel Bryan(RIP)
Seth Rollins

Owens? He's peeking around main event I'd say.

V----Once a dude gets the title he's a main eventer, that seems like a pretty common sense rule tbh

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Sheamus, Dean and Bray aren't even main eventers, they're upper midcard.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

As if "main eventers" has ever been plural in the last decade*

*Brock might be a main eventer when he is a round. Maybe.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Lady Naga posted:

Sheamus, Dean and Bray aren't even main eventers, they're upper midcard.

Sheamus is a main eventer by default, doubly so if he's feuding with reigns
Dean has main evented 3 or 4 PPVs this year, objectively speaking he's a main eventer if he's booked poorly on TV
You can argue Bray, but he consistently feuds with high level talent (Taker, Roman, Dean, etc)

OldTennisCourt posted:

Owens? He's peeking around main event I'd say.

They do a good job of not beating him 4 times a month, but since losing to Cena all he's done is get a midcard title and have filler matches with The Ryback

Hace fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Nov 23, 2015

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Upper-midcard by definition means they're going to peek their head up from the midcard to participate in main events at PPVs, that's why they're not just plain midcarders. Dean's also been buried or Dusty finished in every PPV he's in, so it's clear the WWE doesn't consider him main event talent.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

https://streamable.com/t997

Someone made a side by side comparison of the bad wrestling man's imitation of the good wrestling man's moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Lady Naga posted:

Upper-midcard by definition means they're going to peek their head up from the midcard to participate in main events at PPVs, that's why they're not just plain midcarders. Dean's also been buried or Dusty finished in every PPV he's in, so it's clear the WWE doesn't consider him main event talent.

Such burials as barely losing to Seth in a ladder match, or not getting pinned in a 4 way, and beating Seth consistently on TV

You don't have to be The Guy to be a main eventer

• Locked thread