Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rookie of the Year
This poll is closed.
Towns 36 29.75%
Russell 2 1.65%
Okafor 19 15.70%
The Zinger 39 32.23%
Hezonja 5 4.13%
Blockenstein's monster 18 14.88%
Mudiay 2 1.65%
Total: 121 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'm glad he's looking better. Let's just not think about how this could have all been worked out in a week if byron had played him normally.

I mean, he still can't really shoot or guard anyone.

If the GSW-LAL game is anything like the recent GSW games LAL will shoot 40 FT and Oracle will crucify the refs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spite posted:

I mean, he still can't really shoot or guard anyone.

If the GSW-LAL game is anything like the recent GSW games LAL will shoot 40 FT and Oracle will crucify the refs.

I didn't say he was good, I said that Byron Scott cutting his playing time set him back a few weeks. At least he's starting to look like he belongs on the floor. Also who the heck else is going to play point

e: on a related note Byron said that Lou Williams is out as backup PG so that means he really wants to play Marcelo Huertas https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/668594127701839873

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Nov 23, 2015

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Cool Buff Man posted:

I didn't say he was good, I said that Byron Scott cutting his playing time set him back a few weeks. At least he's starting to look like he belongs on the floor. Also who the heck else is going to play point

e: on a related note Byron said that Lou Williams is out as backup PG so that means he really wants to play Marcelo Huertas https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/668594127701839873

Probably means he is gonna try to keep either russell or Clarkson on the floor at all times, which he did last night

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Somehow Aaron Gordon has found himself the 9th or 10th man on most nights despite having one of the highest PERs on the team and doing nothing but good things on the court.

THE SKILES EXPERIENCE

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Somehow Aaron Gordon has found himself the 9th or 10th man on most nights despite having one of the highest PERs on the team and doing nothing but good things on the court.

THE SKILES EXPERIENCE

He's been pretty good but Jason Smith and, lately, Andrew Nicholson have been better. In fact, Nicholson's improvement has been incredible.

Are you seriously complaining about Skiles? That team hasn't played this well in years

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I love me some Jason Smith, but he really shouldn't play more than 15 mpg.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

BIZORT posted:

He's been pretty good but Jason Smith and, lately, Andrew Nicholson have been better. In fact, Nicholson's improvement has been incredible.

Are you seriously complaining about Skiles? That team hasn't played this well in years

Aside from tonight, Nicholson was 5-17 on the season playing mediocre defense.

Lot of things that Skiles improved but also a bunch of dumb poo poo he does as well

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Also Love just hit 4 threes in his face, but at least Nicholson is doing good on offense tonight.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress the Knicks. That is all.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Smith shouldn't, no. But he's done really well with his minutes

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Aside from tonight, Nicholson was 5-17 on the season playing mediocre defense.

Lot of things that Skiles improved but also a bunch of dumb poo poo he does as well

The defense is better. And if it wasn't, he wouldn't play. I think we all know Skiles.

Shabazz Napier is playing like a starter, too. Everyone is playing well and knows their role. CJ Watson and Mario have been bad but Hezonja will be fine

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Also Love just hit 4 threes in his face, but at least Nicholson is doing good on offense tonight.

What the gently caress is he really going to do about Love hitting threes in his face?

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Kevin Love abuses Tobias Harris. gently caress you, Skiles!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

BIZORT posted:

What the gently caress is he really going to do about Love hitting threes in his face?

Well not really in his face, some are wide open. Glad he's shooting well though.

Nicholson @ 5-17 before this game wasn't playing better than Gordon at any point during this season because Nicholson's first basket was 2 games ago, how could a non-entity be more effective in a 3-12 game than anything AG has done before that?

Maybe matchups or something.

I'm just saying there's no reason AG should be a 10th man.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Go Magic!

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Nicholson @ 5-17 before this game wasn't playing better than Gordon at any point during this season because Nicholson's first basket was 2 games ago, how could a non-entity be more effective in a 3-12 game than anything AG has done before that?

Maybe matchups or something.

I did say lately, and it's true. Nicholson has been a monster in the last couple of games.

Gordon shouldn't be that low on the bench but he is and it's a good problem to have. Nicholson and/or Smith will fall in one way or another and he'll play again. It's the cycle of the NBA regular season. Smith usually suffers a catastrophic injury at some point in every season anyway

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Heat crushing the Knicks and killing Zinsanity just like they did Linsanity

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

The most typical Tristan Thompson thing. He was so busy trying to get his precious rebound (a rebound Elfrid Payton got over him) that his man just streaked upcourt and beat him for an uncontested layup when everyone else got back except him.

$82 million

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

KAT v Jah is pretty good so far.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The wolves look like they want the 76ers to finally get that first win.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Kings leading 91-74 after three. It was 60-60 at halftime :getin:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Lockback posted:

The wolves look like they want the 76ers to finally get that first win.

Okafor is making GBS threads all over the Wolves but they just put KAT back in. Next few minutes should be interesting.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Magic/Cavs certainly escalated quickly, didn't it?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Hold up, the Knicks scored 30 points in a half? :stare:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

PantsFreeZone posted:

Heat crushing the Knicks and killing Zinsanity just like they did Linsanity

Justise is the true ROTY.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Deadbeat Dad posted:

THE SKILES EXPERIENCE

Fun young players have been benched and the team is #9 in defense, sounds about right

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

the gently caress was that lopez

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Okafor outplaying Towns. Just drew him into a bad could and the Wolves yanked him.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
My body is ready for Durant's return

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
AG's defense on LeBron this fourth has me swooning

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

wade's jumper still wet

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Okc is really good in transition

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Spoeank posted:

Kings leading 91-74 after three. It was 60-60 at halftime :getin:

Haha, nope.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Get stuffed gobert

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

attackmole posted:

Haha, nope.

Karl benched Cousins for the last minute for ??? reasons. Is he coming in for the last possession? Just Karl Things.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol what that utah

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Russ just passed out of his iso post play :stare:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Booooo that was clean

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Can't believe the Hornets came back from that atrocious third quarter. Kemba owns.

OH GOD DAMMIT gently caress RUDY GAY

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Ray Liotta doing booze commercials :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
End of Hornets/Kings has been super fun. Good luck with overtime.

• Locked thread