Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drothmar
Feb 18, 2015

Mobas are the worst games and bring out the worst in people. Only the worst people play them.

Drothmar fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010

ethanol posted:

Those aren't rts games they are faggo games

whats the difference? :shrug:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm continually amazed watching people freak right the gently caress out playing a MOBA like bro you have 1 unit with 4 abilities and maybe a 5th if you have an active item.

That's like baby poo poo. One zerg support unit has 4 abilities. You don't even have to manage the base.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
The last one I really enjoyed was Rome: Total War

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
predictions: blizz will try to charge wc3 owners for this wc3 remade bullshit, and they'll add microtransactions or some other thing to justify not making wc4 until they hit rock bottom once all the warcraft movie money runs out in 2020

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
real time strategy if for children, real strategy games are turn based :colbert:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Rutibex posted:

real time strategy if for children, real strategy games are turn based :colbert:

Hmmmmm nah

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

extra stout posted:

predictions: blizz will try to charge wc3 owners for this wc3 remade bullshit, and they'll add microtransactions or some other thing to justify not making wc4 until they hit rock bottom once all the warcraft movie money runs out in 2020

lol Activision Blizzard is doing great right now idk why people are convinced that just because WoW is finally starting to die that means the entire company is hosed.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
thought this was about "fan art", voted 1

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Total War

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the thing htat pisses me off about total war is how much the AI cheats with resources and army stacks, like it's not cool when the AI cheats like that

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Total War against people

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ethanol posted:

the thing htat pisses me off about total war is how much the AI cheats with resources and army stacks, like it's not cool when the AI cheats like that

Yeah that's pretty annoying.

Not really strategy anymore when the opponent is just conjuring poo poo out of thin air.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Total Annihilation and Supreme Commander are pretty good RTS games. The rest are garbo.
I guess the 40k RTS's are ok too.

Also Paradox games but they're only RTS if you're a huge semantic spergwad.

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

We know what you been up to and my advice on that little venture is to pack it in. It won't work. It will all end in tears.
Rise of Nations still pretty solid.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Baronjutter posted:

Total Annihilation and Supreme Commander are pretty good RTS games. The rest are garbo.
I guess the 40k RTS's are ok too.

Also Paradox games but they're only RTS if you're a huge semantic spergwad.

dont sign your posts

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

ethanol posted:

a red alert 2 match solo agInst 4 hard ai any objections ??
only that youre crap at that game if you cant handle 7 brutals

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
ive decided to become a "gamer" so i need suggestions for a game i can play on a 10 year old laptop and doesnt require the use of my left hand. i have lots of experience with clash of clans and my ex had a wii and i plsyed mario cart a few times. also i dont have any money and have the attentuon span of a goldfish. thanks in advance

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have one (1) moue and the g, h, esc, and backspace keys dont work on my keyboard. i also have a great deal of courage and can do 3 situps

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I was #1 in the on the supreme commander ladder once. Im gonna keep bringing this up till someone cares.

Abrahamsen
Jul 1, 2009

Isaac posted:

I was #1 in the on the supreme commander ladder once. Im gonna keep bringing this up till someone cares.

Pretty cool!!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Isaac posted:

That's pretty cool! I never played RTS multiplayer, and I think the focus on multiplayer killed the genre :(

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

We know what you been up to and my advice on that little venture is to pack it in. It won't work. It will all end in tears.
Warzone2100 was really cool when i was 12.\
https://wz2100.net/

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Moridin920 posted:

lol Activision Blizzard is doing great right now idk why people are convinced that just because WoW is finally starting to die that means the entire company is hosed.

i meant rock bottom in terms of having talent or giving a poo poo, i know they're billionaires

hearthstone is an ipad based gambling digital card game, diablo III didn't have anything it promised including pvp for two years but it did have the option to buy the best gear in the game for rl cash

all i am questioning is....are they intentionally not doing wc4 yet because it's a clear case of having to provide an amazing game for 60 dollars, rather than do something simple and lazy that ends up making more money anyway?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

Back in the day the choice was Total Annihilation or Dark Reign. I asked the guy at the game shop which was better.
He reasoned that they were both on par game-wise but Dark Reign had better boxing and materials.

I believe i walked out with the loser that day.

I did enjoy my pirated copy of TA Kingdoms for a bit a few years later. Think i even bought a legit copy....

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Meskhenet posted:

Back in the day the choice was Total Annihilation or Dark Reign. I asked the guy at the game shop which was better.
He reasoned that they were both on par game-wise but Dark Reign had better boxing and materials.

I believe i walked out with the loser that day.

I did enjoy my pirated copy of TA Kingdoms for a bit a few years later. Think i even bought a legit copy....

I thought dark reign was awesome. Then i played TA a few years later an was like :vince:

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Baronjutter posted:

That's pretty cool! I never played RTS multiplayer, and I think the focus on multiplayer killed the genre :(

Once you get good at multiplayer its really engrossing because with patches and things its never a perfect science how to win, but you need alot of experience to know even where to look for new moves that change how people compete. Lots of people dont wang to think about that and just play scenarios against ai which is gow i used to like playing.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I used to play alot of TA spring and my clan would feed bad info to the dev of the main mod so weird poo poo no-one thought about got buffed and we'd pull it out in ladder matches.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

ethanol posted:

I'm sick of it and its dumb cover mechanics

thats too bad because it was the last good rts ever to be made. everyone got together and decided to only make bad ones after that

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Isaac posted:

have 2 mouse pads from the ra2 ladder
i still say not another person on this earth even knows how to play that game

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I can still play Warcraft 2

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

gary oldmans diary posted:

have 2 mouse pads from the ra2 ladder
i still say not another person on this earth even knows how to play that game

Supreme commander was such a grand strategy rts that people would throw a fit if you rushed them.

If i didn't recognise the opponents name i just set my first factorys rally point on their base and relaxed.

I can definitely say im not a good rts player but everyone else was so much worse.

Dogthing
May 30, 2003

or is it.... just a dog??
Grimey Drawer

Isaac posted:

I used to play alot of TA spring and my clan would feed bad info to the dev of the main mod so weird poo poo no-one thought about got buffed and we'd pull it out in ladder matches.

Was that Complete Annihilation you're talking about because I remember that one being a little wacky.

also man I miss playing spring but i think it's all weird mods and brazillians now

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dogthing posted:

Was that Complete Annihilation you're talking about because I remember that one being a little wacky.

also man I miss playing spring but i think it's all weird mods and brazillians now

we caused the downfall of Absolute Annihilation, which was followed by Balanced annihilation, maybe CA was next.

Used to be all eastern europeans and schizophrenics.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
i dunno OP dungeon Crawl: stone Soup is an RTS that i like....................and play

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Isaac posted:

I thought dark reign was awesome. Then i played TA a few years later an was like :vince:

Dark reign was awesome. I think i managed to do the last mission in like 5 and bit hours :)

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
After grandpa is done telling stories about his RTS games do you think he'll bore us with talk about his space sims or FMV games?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

a starwar betamax posted:

i dunno OP dungeon Crawl: stone Soup is an RTS that i like....................and play

ß

Aug 4, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnd0qg4I_MM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

a starwar betamax posted:

Does it run on Windows 10?

Isaac posted:

How do o play

• Locked thread